Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 11:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Do not deal with member here: boxbust421

We had been in talks for his 2009 Tom Brady Finest Red Refractor Auto 2/5... We finalized the talks yesterday and I sent him the $400 PayPal we agreed on. He then said he would ship the next morning (this morning).

I got an email from PayPal earlier tonight telling me my $400 had been refunded with no heads up from him at all. I was curious so I asked him what was up... He replies by going on about how he didn't want to ship such a high end card through the mail and how he was just going to pass the card down to his son.

Basically don't deal with this guy especially for high end deals.... boxbust421
Old 08-01-2012, 11:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

atleast he refunded you... I prob wouldnt have made this thread... he did nothing wrong yet... once he resells it then maybe but it must have some sentimental value...
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
atleast he refunded you... I prob wouldnt have made this thread... he did nothing wrong yet... once he resells it then maybe but it must have some sentimental value...
Refunded without giving me any reason... I had to contact him in order to understand why he did it.

Deal with him if you want I'm just saying if you don't want to sell a card then don't put a price on it. He put it up FS in someone's thread it's not like I was prying it from his fingers or convincing him to sell it to me.

And he also said he was going to ship the next day and even made a thread about how to protect high end cards in the mail. He had every intention to sell it and didn't... Bad seller
Old 08-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Id say the thread wasnt warranted. Maybe he was wary of sending such a high end card with the risk of getting a bogus paypal claim for item not described.

frustrating? yes. thread worthy and bash worthy? not so much.
SrOswalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman2415 View Post
Refunded without giving me any reason... I had to contact him in order to understand why he did it.

Deal with him if you want I'm just saying if you don't want to sell a card then don't put a price on it. He put it up FS in someone's thread it's not like I was prying it from his fingers or convincing him to sell it to me.

And he also said he was going to ship the next day and even made a thread about how to protect high end cards in the mail. He had every intention to sell it and didn't... Bad seller
I was ok with selling the card to someone with 598 feedback.(Peekaboo) I was on board until about the time I was going to leave and go to the post office to find out what I had to do to make sure I was covered with shipping. At that point I wasn't ok with it. It wasn't worth the risk and at the end of the day I'm not going to do anything I'm not comfortable with and I wasn't comfortable enough to do a high end deal like this and I apologize for that.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxbust421 View Post
I was ok with selling the card to someone with 598 feedback.(Peekaboo) I was on board until about the time I was going to leave and go to the post office to find out what I had to do to make sure I was covered with shipping. At that point I wasn't ok with it. It wasn't worth the risk and at the end of the day I'm not going to do anything I'm not comfortable with and I wasn't comfortable enough to do a high end deal like this and I apologize for that.
this is all the explanation i need. yes, its frustrating. but its ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry.

youre fine in my books.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

That still does not explain why he would not contact me to tell me that he was refunding me...like I said I got an email from paypal and then had I had to contact him in order to see what the problem was.

Also, if you were not comfortable with sending to someone with my feedback (22 w/ 100% here, 72 w/ 100% eBay, 120 w/ 100% SCF) you should have said that from the start. If you insure the package (which you were going to do) and it comes and I say it is "not as described" then you can file a claim with USPS stating that the card was damaged in the delivery process... that is what insurance is for
Old 08-02-2012, 12:35 AM   #8 (permalink)

Insurance and Sig Con, packaged well and you are covered.
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
PC: Steph Curry & Matt Ryan
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=300+=100%(All Positive)
PDawson21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

And nowhere did I "bash" him... I think he's a good guy, but once we finalized the deal, he accepted my paypal, and said he would ship the next morning he is basically what I would call "under contract" to go through with the deal.

Once he breaks that contract (aka refunding w/o explanation) he is neg-worthy and in my mind worthy of warning other members not to deal with him. No one wants to deal with someone who is going to back out of deals... plain and simple
Old 08-02-2012, 12:39 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDawson21 View Post
Insurance and Sig Con, packaged well and you are covered.
Exactly my point... thank you
Old 08-02-2012, 12:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
And nowhere did I "bash" him... I think he's a good guy, but once we finalized the deal, he accepted my paypal, and said he would ship the next morning he is basically what I would call "under contract" to go through with the deal.

Once he breaks that contract (aka refunding w/o explanation) he is neg-worthy and in my mind worthy of warning other members not to deal with him. No one wants to deal with someone who is going to back out of deals... plain and simple
plain and simple youre whiny and i wont be dealing with you.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:53 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:

You haven't bashed me and I figured you would take this route to warn others. I get it. I may or may not deserve it depending on who you talk to. I had your money for more than 24 hours and that was why I refunded you first before giving an explanation. I felt that getting you your money back was more important than telling you I was going to refund your money back and why. It wouldn't have changed a thing. And the explanation was sent within minutes of the refund being sent. If someone doesn't deal with me I'm ok with that.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:58 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Why did it take until the last minute to find out what you would need to do to be covered? What does that entail exactly did you not realize how much insurance would be or something?
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:00 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrOswalt View Post
plain and simple youre whiny and i wont be dealing with you.
Haha fine with me... I don't see how I was whiny here but I can't stop what other people think. Feel free to throw me on your ignore list as well just so we don't accidentally deal down the road. Thanks
Old 08-02-2012, 01:04 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
Why did it take until the last minute to find out what you would need to do to be covered? What does that entail exactly did you not realize how much insurance would be or something?
That's what I don't understand. I mean he made a thread the night before asking for opinions and in that thread he said he planned to get insurance which would be over $250 so I would automatically have to sign.

He knew what he had to do to be covered and ship safely.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:06 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Do you mean you couldn't have insured the card & got a signature required confirmation? I don't see what feedback has to do with it.
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:06 AM   #17 (permalink)

Priority Flat Rate Box-$6 bucks, $300 Insurance and Sig confirmation was like $12 bucks total for me when shipping a card last week.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:08 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
No, cost of shipping didn't play a part in anything. I was still unclear on where or who to use to ship something of this caliber. I was going to go to the post office to get clear on what I'd have to do and how to do it and decided it wasn't worth it to me. It's really simple. I didn't want to go thru with it. I still don't know how it could have been shipped or who would have been better to use to ship it. Or even how much it would cost to ship. I don't care about that at this point. My goal for shipping is to get what I have from point a to point in the same condition that I sent it. I don't think I'll ever do high end sales because I now know that the liability leaves me susceptible to a huge loss if something was to go wrong.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:11 AM   #19 (permalink)

That is what insurance is for, sir. Covers you and your buyer if damages happen. Signature Confirmation, covers you for delivery and paypal reasons.

People do these deals all day. I just bought a $525 card. It will be here friday. You can do it, just package properly, bubble mailer (or flate rate) Card, penny sleeve, top loader (OR MAGNETIC), in a team bag, cardboard, bubble wrap, package up and tape well. Place inside and you have a well packaged card, insurance covers you for any Postal Damage. You are covered.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:14 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
That's what I don't understand. I mean he made a thread the night before asking for opinions and in that thread he said he planned to get insurance which would be over $250 so I would automatically have to sign.

He knew what he had to do to be covered and ship safely.
I see where this is going guys. Speculate and investigate as much as you all would like. I knew some of what needed to happen but not all as far as shipping goes.I've never done a deal to this extent. Call me ignorant if you will. I've had a long day and I'm more than happy to hop back in here and talk when I'm not drained or busy. I'll step back in here tomorrow. What's done is done. I think I've made it clear I'm not going to do anything I don't want to do. That's why I still have the card and that's why I now have 1 negative.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:20 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
I see where this is going guys. Speculate and investigate as much as you all would like. I knew some of what needed to happen but not all as far as shipping goes.I've never done a deal to this extent. Call me ignorant if you will. I've had a long day and I'm more than happy to hop back in here and talk when I'm not drained or busy. I'll step back in here tomorrow. What's done is done. I think I've made it clear I'm not going to do anything I don't want to do. That's why I still have the card and that's why I now have 1 negative.
Sorry but got to lol.
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:27 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
No, cost of shipping didn't play a part in anything. I was still unclear on where or who to use to ship something of this caliber. I was going to go to the post office to get clear on what I'd have to do and how to do it and decided it wasn't worth it to me. It's really simple. I didn't want to go thru with it. I still don't know how it could have been shipped or who would have been better to use to ship it. Or even how much it would cost to ship. I don't care about that at this point. My goal for shipping is to get what I have from point a to point in the same condition that I sent it. I don't think I'll ever do high end sales because I now know that the liability leaves me susceptible to a huge loss if something was to go wrong.
I just wanted to get clear the reasoning because some people were starting to say a thread wasn't warranted. I have to say at this point it probably is. Everything you are describing is on you as the seller. Before you ever even put the card up for sale you should have researched all this and been ready. To do all that after you had made a deal and accepted payment was not fair to the buyer.

It's good that you manned up and aren't trying to make up excuses, but it was still a bad move. Lesson learned hopefully.

Also you are well protected if you use things like signature confirmation and insurance. Plenty of deals being made all the time with values even higher than this one, so don't let this get you afraid of doing deals. Just chalk it up to a learning experience for next time.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:03 AM   #23 (permalink)

The bottom line is this. A paypal address was exchanged, a deal was agreed upon and payment was sent. How is that not a deal? If thats not a finalized deal then please tell me what is. And someone calling the op a whiner is pretty ridiculous. He kept his end of the deal here and he is getting grief for it. You guys are clowns who have no idea of how to conduct business and thats why this board gets harder and harder to deal on. I dont even have an answer or thought for the people believing this was not a finalized deal. Payment was sent ,that makes the deal final. If the seller was not sure about doing the deal then that should have been 100% stated up front. Not afterwards. Unreal. Do you think it was an easy decision for the op to send 400 dollars to someone with 17 feedback? I will assume it was not but he kept his word and paid anyway.

Last edited by cking; 08-02-2012 at 02:05 AM.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:05 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

He refunded the money because he didn't want to send the card. Yeah its not the greatest but at least he refunded. This thread was unwarranted and people don't need to get all over this guy. He decided he didn't want to ship a very expensive card. Thats his choice. Bad move for offering it at all but he refunded fairly quickly (24 hours isn't that long). Not that big of deal guys.
maxe0213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:36 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxe0213 View Post
He refunded the money because he didn't want to send the card. Yeah its not the greatest but at least he refunded. This thread was unwarranted and people don't need to get all over this guy. He decided he didn't want to ship a very expensive card. Thats his choice. Bad move for offering it at all but he refunded fairly quickly (24 hours isn't that long). Not that big of deal guys.
I get your point but its a matter of principle. He should have kept his word. A person is only as good as thier word. Especially on a internet card forum. The thread was warranted. It gives other potential buyers the chance to see how this person conducts himself. If the op did not make this thread then whats to say that tomorrow someone buys a card from him and he does the same thing to them. This thread gives buyers a chance to make an informed decision about purchasing something from him knowing that he has the potential and past history of doing something like this.