Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Member falsely retracts bid on ebay

I am not really sure what to do in this situation so I figured I would get some opinions. I had a card listed on ebay and received a starting bid on July 30th. On Aug 3 I got a notice that the bid was retracted because the buyer entered the wrong amount. Something was fishy to me about this because it was the first bid so you could not enter the wrong amount. I looked into it some more and found out that the buyer purchased the same card for a dollar more buy it now a day later and that is why he retracted the bid. I feel like I should let the members know who this is but am not sure what to do. Please let me know your thoughts.
nvrlucke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Worthless thread, but let it rip! There hasn't been a fight for a few days! (Please correct me if I'm wrong)
I collect Andre Johnson.
Bars and Bar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sounds like you're mad because he bid on your item, found one he didn't need to wait for an auction to win & now you have no bidders? I may be wrong but unless he retracts bids all the time it's not a big deal.
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

It sucks but at best you can get him for a policy violation.

Sad that most people probably think this is no big deal or see nothing wrong with it at all.

Quote:
It's only OK to retract a bid if:

You accidentally enter the wrong amount, like entering $99.50 instead of $9.95. If you do, you need to enter the correct bid right away.

The item description changed significantly after you placed your bid. For example, the seller updated information about the item's features or condition.

You can't reach the seller. For example, you sent the seller an email and it comes back undeliverable, or you tried calling the seller and the phone number doesn't work.

Examples of when you can't retract a bid:

You changed your mind about buying the item.

You wanted to find out the reserve price.

You wanted to find out how high another buyer bid on an item.

You only wanted one item but placed bids on multiple identical items. You should only bid on multiple items if you intend to buy all of them.
Link
Old 08-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
Sounds like you're mad because he bid on your item, found one he didn't need to wait for an auction to win & now you have no bidders? I may be wrong but unless he retracts bids all the time it's not a big deal.
I'm mad because you should not be able to bid on an item and than decide you don't want to wait, so you lie and say you entered the wrong amount so you can have your first bid retracted.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

If you go by the entered wrong amount claim they should force you to enter the correct amount and not be able to cancel at all.
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
If you go by the entered wrong amount claim they should force you to enter the correct amount and not be able to cancel at all.
He was the first bid so when it canceled it went back to zero bids, that's why his claim of entering the wrong amount is impossible, since his bid was the starting bid and couldn't be entered wrong.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Make sure you report the invalid retraction here.

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...e5f81ab323bec8

Doesn't matter if it's 1 retraction or 100. The report will atleast make a record of it. If more sellers reported these, it wouldn't happen as much. If he had retracted immediately I might jave let ot slide, bit not after 4 days.
bigzig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

it could have been worse
they could had driven the item lets say $100 + more and retracted and have the bottom fall out on the last day down to like $5

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I would say 95% of the bid retractions on ebay are falsely retracted. It doesn't matter, there is nothing that can be done at all about it.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:15 AM   #11 (permalink)

Brosef, if you cant handle all of feebays bs, then i wouldnt sell there.The way they handle disputes is a total joke. I couldnt tell you how many times ive had someone bid on my stuff then get a message about "Im sorry can u please cancel this, my son opened an account without my permission" yea blah blah blah 98 percent is total bs, just comes with the territory i guess. And yes, to people that sell a lot on ebay and rely on the money that comes from it, this is a big deal.
bigcutty83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrlucke View Post
I am not really sure what to do in this situation so I figured I would get some opinions. I had a card listed on ebay and received a starting bid on July 30th. On Aug 3 I got a notice that the bid was retracted because the buyer entered the wrong amount. Something was fishy to me about this because it was the first bid so you could not enter the wrong amount. I looked into it some more and found out that the buyer purchased the same card for a dollar more buy it now a day later and that is why he retracted the bid. I feel like I should let the members know who this is but am not sure what to do. Please let me know your thoughts.
I strongly suggest you start using BIN/BO instead of auction style format. This way you dont have to worry about bid retractions. Its that easy!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

I really think your going a little overboard. I think he could have actually helped you some. If he had won and then said screw it and just not paid, you would have wasted the entire auction and not gotten anything. With him retracting, it still leaves your auction up with the chance someone else will still buy your card.

he could of just said I'll take the negative if he had won the auction and not paid. An occasional NPB strike is not going to hurt anyone.

hey- I'm a glass half full kind of guy, i'm trying to find something positive in this!!!
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
The other option, wait till he won the card, you mail it, he then requests a refund. Seems to me like he saved you a lot of hassle.
cowboyfaninlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I strongly suggest you start using BIN/BO instead of auction style format. This way you dont have to worry about bid retractions. Its that easy!
Actually you can still retract your offer as long as the seller doesn't respond first.
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is online now   Reply With Quote