Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Member Sales/Trade Feedback (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/member-sales-trade-feedback/)
-   -   DO NOT DEAL WITH johnboy (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/member-sales-trade-feedback/345274-do-not-deal-johnboy.html)

maxe0213 08-04-2012 08:22 PM

DO NOT DEAL WITH johnboy

I posted it in the correct area so mods can delete this if they feel like it! Thanks

I sent him a card with was securely packaged ( I had a problem with this is one of my earlier trades and now I package with the cards in toploaders and depending on the card surround it with dummies and tape over the top). He says the card is damaged. I questioned that it was damaged because the type of damage that was on the card was clearly not from the package getting thrown around. If the corners were damaged or something like that then I would have understood. But it looked like he had cut part of the card up or something. i had no idea how it wouldve gotten like that. So I told him that and he told me the card was shipped in only tape (NO TOPLOADER) I then told him that I ship all cards in a toploader and he said oh well there might have been a toploader. Therefore already changing his story he keeps telling me that he needed this card to resell. (Not a super valuable card. Matt Adams Jumbo Jersey Auto he bought for 20). I agreed to send him other card/cards that are worth around 30-40 dollars. He continues to message me and tell me that he wants them early next week etc. I told him they would get out soon and should be there late next week or early the week after. THEN he proceeds to leave me negative feedback! with the comment being card was damaged and agrees to send replacements)

So basically don't deal with this kid johnboy. I know that the card was damaged by him or in the process of being opened but there is not much I can do. I agreed to send replacements AND i still get a negative. Smh. :confused::mad:

Sorry for the long read guys. Just wanted to let you guys know to be careful with this kid.

maxe0213 08-04-2012 08:24 PM

Please move to the member feedback area. Sorry for posting it in the wrong area.

mmbtvs 08-04-2012 08:25 PM

Rule #1 You can't trust anyone named after a character in Garfield.

maxe0213 08-04-2012 08:25 PM

Don't deal with johnboy

I sent him a card with was securely packaged ( I had a problem with this is one of my earlier trades and now I package with the cards in toploaders and depending on the card surround it with dummies and tape over the top). He says the card is damaged. I questioned that it was damaged because the type of damage that was on the card was clearly not from the package getting thrown around. If the corners were damaged or something like that then I would have understood. But it looked like he had cut part of the card up or something. i had no idea how it wouldve gotten like that. So I told him that and he told me the card was shipped in only tape (NO TOPLOADER) I then told him that I ship all cards in a toploader and he said oh well there might have been a toploader. Therefore already changing his story he keeps telling me that he needed this card to resell. (Not a super valuable card. Matt Adams Jumbo Jersey Auto he bought for 20). I agreed to send him other card/cards that are worth around 30-40 dollars. He continues to message me and tell me that he wants them early next week etc. I told him they would get out soon and should be there late next week or early the week after. THEN he proceeds to leave me negative feedback! with the comment being card was damaged and agrees to send replacements)

So basically don't deal with this kid johnboy. I know that the card was damaged by him or in the process of being opened but there is not much I can do to prove that besides the fact I have pictures of every card I send being packaged carefully. I agreed to send replacements AND i still get a negative. Smh.

Sorry for the long read guys. Just wanted to let you guys know to be careful with this kid.

maxe0213 08-04-2012 08:26 PM

[QUOTE=mmbtvs;3083412]Rule #1 You can't trust anyone named after a character in Garfield.[/QUOTE]

lol ^ I guess your right. :)!

Andrew Jones 08-04-2012 08:41 PM

Why did you leave him a retaliatory negative feedback?

maxe0213 08-04-2012 08:51 PM

[QUOTE=Andrew Jones;3083486]Why did you leave him a retaliatory negative feedback?[/QUOTE]

lol are you serious? ^ :rolleyes: Because his actions deserve a negative feedback. He is not someone to deal with and thus garnered a negative feedback. Feedback is designed so you say whether they were positive, negative, or neutral. And he was by far the most negative experience I have had.

Homerun 08-04-2012 09:51 PM

Thanks Max. He offered me a couple cards to buy, but I declined. I'm glad that I did. Sorry that he left bad feedback. :(

maxe0213 08-04-2012 10:01 PM

[QUOTE=Homerun;3083890]Thanks Max. He offered me a couple cards to buy, but I declined. I'm glad that I did. Sorry that he left bad feedback. :([/QUOTE]

I think that you'd probably be okay buying from him but the fact that the card got that badly damaged with how I packaged it makes me very skeptical that it could've been done by the mail.

johnboy 08-04-2012 10:17 PM

when i opened the package and got the tape off the toploader i looked at it and saw the mark maybe somehow i did it but im not sure if i did or the postage facilite did it idk but thats how i got it

houdini 08-04-2012 10:20 PM

I don't know - it just seems to be a theme with you.

[URL]http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/member-sales-trade-feedback/335558-cautious-seller.html[/URL]

If a card shows up damaged, ask him to return it for a refund. Retaliatory feedback is never ok.

johnboy 08-04-2012 10:23 PM

card

[QUOTE=houdini;3084053]I don't know - it just seems to be a theme with you.

[URL]http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/member-sales-trade-feedback/335558-cautious-seller.html[/URL]

If a card shows up damaged, ask him to return it for a refund. Retaliatory feedback is never ok.[/QUOTE]
i did but he said he dont have the money no more

houdini 08-04-2012 10:30 PM

[QUOTE=johnboy;3084071]i did but he said he dont have the money no more[/QUOTE]

Did you pay goods via paypal? If so, go to the transaction in your paypal account and file a claim. You will have to return the card with d/c, but you WILL get your money back.

Since he only left you feedback after he received it from you and he obviously did not feel it was warranted except as retaliation, you should contact [URL="http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/members/pskell02.html"]pskell02[/URL] and [URL="http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/members/iluvfish2.html"]iluvfish2[/URL] and let them know about it. They might be at the National, so give them time to answer. Link this thread.

[QUOTE=maxe0213;3083414]I sent him a card with was securely packaged ( I had a problem with this is one of my earlier trades and now I package with the cards in toploaders and depending on the card surround it with dummies and tape over the top). He says the card is damaged. I questioned that it was damaged because the type of damage that was on the card was clearly not from the package getting thrown around. If the corners were damaged or something like that then I would have understood. But it looked like he had cut part of the card up or something. i had no idea how it wouldve gotten like that. So I told him that and he told me the card was shipped in only tape (NO TOPLOADER) I then told him that I ship all cards in a toploader and he said oh well there might have been a toploader. Therefore already changing his story he keeps telling me that he needed this card to resell. (Not a super valuable card. Matt Adams Jumbo Jersey Auto he bought for 20). I agreed to send him other card/cards that are worth around 30-40 dollars. He continues to message me and tell me that he wants them early next week etc. I told him they would get out soon and should be there late next week or early the week after. [B]THEN he proceeds to leave me negative feedback![/B] with the comment being card was damaged and agrees to send replacements)

So basically don't deal with this kid johnboy. I know that the card was damaged by him or in the process of being opened but there is not much I can do to prove that besides the fact I have pictures of every card I send being packaged carefully. I agreed to send replacements AND i still get a negative. Smh.

Sorry for the long read guys. Just wanted to let you guys know to be careful with this kid.[/QUOTE]

johnboy 08-04-2012 10:34 PM

no i sent gift becuz i though it wasnt going to be damaged cuz of his feedback i read

Clarka3 08-05-2012 12:25 AM

[QUOTE=johnboy;3084039]when i opened the package and got the tape off the toploader i looked at it and saw the mark maybe somehow i did it but im not sure if i did or the postage facilite did it idk but thats how i got it[/QUOTE]

what mark?

i'm extremely confused here. OP made it sound like the buyer said the card was cut in half or what-not, and buyer is just mentioning a mark on the card.

let's see some PMs and pics of the card before and after.

xbignick 08-05-2012 12:34 AM

[QUOTE=johnboy;3084039]when i opened the package and got the tape off the toploader i looked at it and saw the mark maybe somehow i did it but im not sure if i did or the postage facilite did it idk but thats how i got it[/QUOTE]

I thought he mentioned you said there was no toploader?

MI Rob 08-05-2012 12:34 AM

Both members stories are conflicting, along with OP's past mentioned in another thread, I'll be adding both to the ignore/do not deal with list.
Retalitory feedback is a no no.

johnboy 08-05-2012 12:56 AM

[IMG]http://http://s1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii563/johnboy128/?action=view&current=adams.jpg[/IMG]
i got the card in a toploader

johnboy 08-05-2012 01:59 AM

[IMG]http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii563/johnboy128/adams.jpg[/IMG]
top right of the jersey

PDawson21 08-05-2012 02:00 AM

top right? Isnt the whole thing creased?

johnboy 08-05-2012 02:05 AM

[QUOTE=PDawson21;3085108]top right? Isnt the whole thing creased?[/QUOTE]

the middle is from my scanner but the indent is from the jersey all the way to the side of the card

uberfatty 08-05-2012 12:24 PM

[quote=johnboy;3084143]no i sent gift becuz i though it wasnt going to be damaged cuz of his feedback i read[/quote]

[b]stop paying gift, people[/b]

Clarka3 08-05-2012 01:34 PM

ok so looks like a pressure mark. Or is it a cut/rip?

OP, your picture didn't work. try again.

hanstess 08-05-2012 02:38 PM

[B][I]"maybe somehow i did it but im not sure if i did or the postage facilite did it idk"[/I][/B]

Are you saying you may have damaged it?

Looks to me like both parties should have avoided each other...ugh

ToppsCollector1 08-05-2012 03:35 PM

[QUOTE=hanstess;3086663][B][I]"maybe somehow i did it but im not sure if i did or the postage facilite did it idk"[/I][/B]

Are you saying you may have damaged it?

Looks to me like both parties should have avoided each other...ugh[/QUOTE]

That is very confusing. So based on that bolded part the buyer may have just been looking to get a free card