Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Amazing eBay situation....

Buyer buys an item off me more then a week ago.

On August 2nd, I send him this message because I am going to Baltimore for the National...

"Hello, Im going out of town for a few days Sunday. Are you planning on paying before then so I can ship before I leave town?"

Buyer then responds with....

"Hi,
Can we please cancel this transaction? I was planning on paying for this item with the money that I made from the sale of an item, but now it looks like the buyer is not going to pay. I greatly apologize for the inconvenience, and if you would like me to remit some small fee to cover your time lost, I will gladly. I know it sucks and I'm really sorry, but I'm sure that you already know that by canceling a transaction, you get all of your fees refunded to you. Again, I'm really, really sorry for the inconvenience. It looks like I'm going to have to do the same thing."

Of course I wasn't going to cancel the auction....

Case was opened and today I get this email...

Why would you open an unpaid item case? Did you not understand the predicament that I told you I am in??? The buyer didn't just "magically" pay for my item... Ridiculous. I am still not going to pay for this item... because I CAN'T! And now, I'm never going to shop with your store again! Unbelievable. You're absolutely the WORST. And you can expect a negative feedback.

What a bum...

Block him... eBay user is trustymachete17
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Blocked, thanks. Be sure to forward the message to eBay & you should be able to have that removed if he were to leave negative feedback.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7290morint View Post
Blocked, thanks. Be sure to forward the message to eBay & you should be able to have that removed if he were to leave negative feedback.
I don't think you can leave negative if you don't pay for an item... Correct?
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_want_my_cards View Post
I don't think you can leave negative if you don't pay for an item... Correct?
Yeppers...
Jenkinssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

You buy, you pay. People are idiots! Blocked, thanks for the warning OP!

Kevin
Old 08-07-2012, 04:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

No disrespect, but why wouldn't you cancel the item? If I was him, I would pay, return it, get a refund, and then leave you a bad feedback. Consumers have all the power on eBay.
ILikeThatCard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeThatCard View Post
No disrespect, but why wouldn't you cancel the item? If I was him, I would pay, return it, get a refund, and then leave you a bad feedback. Consumers have all the power on eBay.
Well first of all, you don't bid on something you don't have the funds for and also that's a REALLY fast way to get blocked...
Copeskey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

I understand that, but the guy was a man about it. Told you the truth. In today's economy you don't know what he is working with. Plus the deal that fell thru, I'm sure he was way cooler about it than this seller was.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I understand that, but the guy was a man about it. Told you the truth. In today's economy you don't know what he is working with. Plus the deal that fell thru, I'm sure he was way cooler about it than this seller was.
It doesn't matter if he was "cooler" about it than the OP was. He bid on an item which means he is a legal "contract" according to ebay. Didn't get paid from another buyer and so he's not going to pay the OP. That doesn't make the situation right.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

I understand that. But as a seller why risk it? What if the buyer does everything I suggested? He could of just "2nd chance'd" it to the next highest bidder. Now he's got to wait another 7 days, or so, to sell the card.
We, in this hobby, shouldn't try to get over on another person. Take their word for it. It's all we have.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:06 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
I understand that. But as a seller why risk it? What if the buyer does everything I suggested? He could of just "2nd chance'd" it to the next highest bidder. Now he's got to wait another 7 days, or so, to sell the card.
We, in this hobby, shouldn't try to get over on another person. Take their word for it. It's all we have.
Man, if we all just took someones word on things, this country would be more messed up than it already is lol.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:21 AM   #12 (permalink)

"Somebody didn't pay me for an item, don't you hate non-payers? By the way I can't pay for the item."
Old 08-07-2012, 05:22 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
"Somebody didn't pay me for an item, don't you hate non-payers? By the way I can't pay for the item."
lol exactly!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Hi can you please post your Ebay so I can block you.

Thanks in advance,

God Bless,

Jon

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
Can I have your ebay ID to block please?

The "logic" some people use is amazing

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:26 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Looooool

Please post your eBay I'd. Just curious
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #17 (permalink)

a guy left me a neutral feedback and didn't pay for the item thats just insane people these days
Old 08-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #18 (permalink)

Me, I would just cancel the transaction and move on. Sometimes financial situations change for the worse, especially in this economy. I'm not made of money. If I bid on something and a big expense comes up, than I may not be able to pay. I totally understand the case the buyer is in right now. I think the seller deserves a negative for not being kind and considerate to the customer. I go by the golden rule: "Do one to others as you've had them do unto you." I tell you for sure, slapping an unpaid item case on the customer is one good way to not get repeat business.
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benshobbies View Post
Me, I would just cancel the transaction and move on. Sometimes financial situations change for the worse, especially in this economy. I'm not made of money. If I bid on something and a big expense comes up, than I may not be able to pay. I totally understand the case the buyer is in right now. I think the seller deserves a negative for not being kind and considerate to the customer. I go by the golden rule: "Do one to others as you've had them do unto you." I tell you for sure, slapping an unpaid item case on the customer is one good way to not get repeat business.
If you are buying cards with money that will be needed in the case of an emergency, you are doing it wrong.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benshobbies View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfatty View Post
If you are buying cards with money that will be needed in the case of an emergency, you are doing it wrong.
ding ding ding!!!

Love these threads. My block list expands so rapidly.

Thanks!!!
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #21 (permalink)

I can't believe anyone would take the buyer's side in this argument. What you're saying, then, is that it's okay to break a contract if you find that your money is needed elsewhere. Is that really the kind of ethic that anyone should believe or teach?

If you don't have the available funds to pay for an item, then show some restraint by not bidding. If there's even the slightest chance that an emergency or unforeseen circumstance could cause you to be unable to pay, then you shouldn't be spending your money on any unnecessary items.

When I see these kinds of posts, it makes it pretty clear to me why Americans on average have such huge debt loads, and why so many people are in financial difficulties right now. This lack of understanding when it comes to managing personal finances is far too prevalent.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&sort=3&_rdc=1

How can he not afford to pay for this item?? He won 41 other auction, wonder how he could afford to pay for all of them??

=
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Hi can you please post your Ebay so I can block you.

Thanks in advance,

God Bless,

Jon

Again, LMAO...some of your posts are classic!
ld8759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
If you have to wait for a payment from someone in order to pay for something else,you should not be buying anything. I have my doubts about the guy's story,but I think the OP is completely justified in his actions. You commit to buying something,you pay for it,no excuses. Just my opinion.
ld8759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ld8759 View Post
If you have to wait for a payment from someone in order to pay for something else,you should not be buying anything. I have my doubts about the guy's story,but I think the OP is completely justified in his actions. You commit to buying something,you pay for it,no excuses. Just my opinion.
^^ this and blocked thanks OP!