Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #26 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Divino;3131153]As I noted in an ebay message to him. I said I'd change my shipping method. I got the cards back, and they looked fine to me. Like I said, I'm confident in my decision.[/

You are seriously not seeing all of the upper right corners bent? So are you still going to ship in your common card cases. I will donate you some soft sleeves if you are that short on supplies.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
I personally don't see a reason for this thread. Buyer was not satisfied with what he paid for, in this case due to corner issues, he sent them back and got a refund. You got your cards back in a condition that you still consider NM/MT. I would let it go and if I felt strongly enough that the buyer was wrong regarding his reason for return, block him and move on. But that is just my opinion and how I would have handled this situation.
I understand. Please feel free to just delete this madness, because this guys condescending replies are really not needed.

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Old 08-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
Honestly, this is really not worth it. Like I've said over and over...the cards were nrmnt/mnt when I sent them. I have gotten the cards back, and they are still Nrmnt/Mnt. I am happy with blocking him, as I do not want to deal with this again. That's that.

Pskell, if you feel this thread is unwarranted, then by all means delete it. I'm fine with that.
I am trying to learn something here. Why are you pushing your thread for deletion when you are confident I should be blocked for backing out?
I would like to know how u determine near mt mr grader. What will they grade through bgs or PSA with busted corners?

Also explain your reasoning for blocking buyers for your mistakes. If you can't see the corners bent in all of them, maybe you should get a better prescription or get out of the card game. They do make magnifying glasses or loupes to see closer. But the corners are damaged enough to be seen and felt on all of them with the naked eye.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #29 (permalink)
Inactive Account

This whole thing is stupid. I live in Georgia and shipped a card to a woman in New York and she claims she never received the card. I happily refunded her the $3.00 and now make it where tracking is included in the shipping.

Personally, I dont see how cards can even get damaged in the mail in the first place. I have been selling for years and I always put the regular cards in a penny sleeve, then a toploader and tape the top or wrap it in a piece of paper. One, Done, Forget about it. If it is a memorabilia card Ill cut open a penny sleeve, wrap the card in it, put it between two top loaders and tape all 4 sides so it doesnt get damaged. Whoever the seller is in this case just needs to get over it. We have all "been at fault" by someone over a sale/purchase so move on. It's lame.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #30 (permalink)
Inactive Account

And 411, if you are really that hard up to block someone over a shipment that may have been your fault, start making insurance a requirement...It costs like $1.00...
Old 08-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #31 (permalink)
Inactive Account

I am not siding with anyone, I am just saying that I dont understand how cards can get damaged if they are shipped properly....
Old 08-12-2012, 11:47 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh01460 View Post
And 411, if you are really that hard up to block someone over a shipment that may have been your fault, start making insurance a requirement...It costs like $1.00...
You going in half money bags?

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Insults aside, watch it by the way, I don't have a side in this. But will say one thing. Shipping in a snap case, with round corners I'm assuming, even with a soft sleeve and other cards in there to keep it from moving, is just asking for corners to get wrecked in transit. PO worker tosses the package into a bin, snap case slides and hits the end of the bubble mailer, cards slide inside of the snap case and bam, bent corner. Happens all the time and is reason #1 why cards should not be shipped that way.
Not taking sides either but I DO agree with pskell02. BTW why not use toploaders?
Old 08-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #34 (permalink)
Inactive Account

No, I don;t use half. I cut the penny saver in have to open it up completely (i normally do two) so the card is completely covered in the penny saver then top loaders are added then taped. Shipped all over the world and not 1 complaint about my shipping. Must be doing something right.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #35 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

I ship booklet cards in a snap case. As long as you pack it tightly the card will not move around.

Divino did what I hope we all do. He found a buyer that he thought warranted blocking and warned the community. It's what I would have done as well.

Were the cards damaged? Were they shipped the best possible way? Did the buyer get remorse? Did he only want gem mint cards and just return them when they were not gradeable?

I can't know for certain, but based merely on the poor character shown, I know who I am blocking.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:33 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
I ship booklet cards in a snap case. As long as you pack it tightly the card will not move around.

Divino did what I hope we all do. He found a buyer that he thought warranted blocking and warned the community. It's what I would have done as well.

Were the cards damaged? Were they shipped the best possible way? Did the buyer get remorse? Did he only want gem mint cards and just return them when they were not gradeable?

I can't know for certain, but based merely on the poor character shown, I know who I am blocking.
It is poor character of yourself to judge my character and divino the horrible seller. Anyone who's not a coward would defend themselves when an amateur seller posts lies about them and a transaction.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:40 AM   #37 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by harperandtrout View Post
It is poor character of yourself to judge my character and divino the horrible seller. Anyone who's not a coward would defend themselves when an amateur seller posts lies about them and a transaction.
This. Anyone who reads this can make their own choices on what to do.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
This. Anyone who reads this can make their own choices on what to do.
Yes and you obviously didn't read before posting or you wouldn't be biased to side with a lying seller.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harperandtrout View Post
Yes and you obviously didn't read before posting or you wouldn't be biased to side with a lying seller.
He is sticking up for him because they are friends. You'll see that a lot here. People will ignore facts all day long if its there friends.

If I were you I wouldn't worry. Anyone who can read can see who was in the wrong here. Its nothing against Divino, I like him as much as anyone else.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
He is sticking up for him because they are friends. You'll see that a lot here. People will ignore facts all day long if its there friends.

If I were you I wouldn't worry. Anyone who can read can see who was in the wrong here. Its nothing against Divino, I like him as much as anyone else.
^^ That's my thought as well!!! Why don't we see the before and after scans to judge for ourselves?
Old 08-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post

Hello Lemur, I appreciate your honesty. Thank you.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

I personally think its clear and cut.

Seller sold cards.
Buyer got them and wasnt happy.
Seller refunded money.

Seller gives his opinion.

The rest of us make up our own decisions based on this experience/story.

Im not taking either side. But the seller did 2 things that surely help his case.
1. The seller didnt flinch, he apologized and gave a no hassle refund.
2. The seller has made note to change his shipping habits so this does not happen in the future.

I dont know the seller nor buyer. But I think both are entitled to their opinions on quality of transactions and fully support open discussions about service quality as a buyer or even seller.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #43 (permalink)
XL5

Double block, awesome, thanks!

God bless!
Old 08-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I personally think its clear and cut.

Seller sold cards.
Buyer got them and wasnt happy.
Seller refunded money.

Seller gives his opinion.

The rest of us make up our own decisions based on this experience/story.

Im not taking either side. But the seller did 2 things that surely help his case.
1. The seller didnt flinch, he apologized and gave a no hassle refund.
2. The seller has made note to change his shipping habits so this does not happen in the future.

I dont know the seller nor buyer. But I think both are entitled to their opinions on quality of transactions and fully support open discussions about service quality as a buyer or even seller.
Try again. The seller made me out to be a liar when I told him cards were damaged. The seller only said he would change shipping for be. But that is irrelevant since he has me blocked. Must be more of his sarcasm I have dealt with from the beginning of requesting a refund.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
Double block, awesome, thanks!

God bless!
LMAO makes the most sense to me. I won't block either one because as long I receive everyone in the shape that is pictured & as described in the listing then there is no problem. Wouldn't care if they came by carrier pigeon as long as it arrives safely.
Closed Thread