Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Caution: BO Member Bustsomewax

BO member: Bustsomewax

I paid for a Pat Riley auto on July 17th. Asked him about 2 weeks ago on the update and he told me he sent it out late. Tomorrow makes it 1 full month. I think Ive been patient enough with him before calling him out.

He also had the item listed on ebay at the same time as I had worked out a deal. I know figured this out after I had made payment. He stated that a member from this board ended up winning it and they cancelled the transaction.

To note, I did pay him via gift. This was prior to the rule change. I understand that it limits my recourse to getting my money back from him. Seems like majority of the people I have dealt with recently have requested I pay gift due to my location (Canada). Its a tough one for me. I have to take this risk in order to purchase the cards im looking for.

I caution anyone who may buy or trade with him.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

There should be no reason you have to pay Gift because your in Canada. That is BS!

Kevin
Old 08-16-2012, 11:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

4 of the last buys I've made will not send unless I pay gift. This is what some American sellers want in order to send to Canada
Old 08-17-2012, 12:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

If they ask for gift, there's a problem somewhere! That should be a HUGE red-flag not to deal with the person!
Hobby Shop Owner in Wells, ME

nhsportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss

Bustsomewax had 3 feedback. Use some common sense. He of course is a lying, thieving POS, but you deserve a small % of blame for paying gift.

The problem is Canadien buyers can literally freeroll US sellers b/c we can't satisfy Paypal delivery requirements w/o Express shipping.

I won't ship to Canada without appropriate feedback or a gift payment, but I've earned this right. Even with someone like OP, I probably wouldnt sell him a $100+ card without gift. You'd have to be someone like MajorLeague or TSnider status to earn that trust.

Last edited by Jenkinssssss; 08-17-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Jenkinssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

I understand the gift part. I would not ask you to pay gift, obviously, but a random person from Canada...

The reason is exactly what Jenkinssssss says - a Canadian has the ability to abuse the paypal system. So, you either want an express shipping fee or gift because registered mail at $11.75 won't even cover a US seller.

Now, it appears that this person has cheated you, but I have had shipments to Canada take over a month and a half. Usually 2 weeks to 3 weeks, but customs can kill shipping times.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

The risk is on both sides. As much as you think a Canadian can "free-roll" you, I can get taken as well. This is just another prime example of it.

I have one more deal pending with a gift payment (forced gift payment) with another good membere here. Once that deal is final, Ill just limit all purchasing. I understand that partial fault falls on me for sending gift. I just wanted to make it aware that its not as if im choosing to send gift, but rather being requested to in order to buy.

It is what it is.

Houdini, I understand sometimes packages get caught up and take longer. It usually happens when a package is sent registered. You sent the last monster break by registered to me. I havent recieved it yet, but ooosh got hers and it wasnt registered. But im confident itll get here. Having said that, I know the sender here didnt send it via registered mail. For the record I have not lost a package coming from the US Since 2003. I do a ton of B/S/T between here and the US. My feedback doesnt show it.

Last edited by Orangejello727; 08-17-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #8 (permalink)

Hope you get your stuff.

I won't pay gift, I haven't been asked to pay in gift but then again I only really buy on eBay now. Yes we could say we never received an item because of the way it was shipped but I hope I have established a good enough reputation on here so people know I am not that kind of person.
Ooosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Thanks for the concern Ooosh. If it does come, ill apologize to the sender. But not for being tardy. Thats if it comes!!

Hopefully I can build enough feedback up on this forum to gain more trust.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'd deal with Oosh or yourself in a heartbeat. The problem is that just as on Ebay, international buyers sometimes abuse the fact that it's MUCH harder to prove delivery without a huge shipping fee.

I've had this run on me a few time from folks in Canada. Don't take it personally. It's nothing against Canadians. Trust me, every country, including the US, has it's shady and criminally stupid.

That being said, I would still, under no circumstances ask for gift payment from you two, or anyone else i TRUST for international transactions.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Oh, that really frustrates me that your package hasn't arrived yet.

It was last scanned in NY - which usually means customs. The next scan should be when it clears customs on your side, but nothing yet.

RR101611412US

Registered Mail™

Processed Through Sort Facility
July 28, 2012, 10:30 am
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Arrived at Sort Facility
July 28, 2012, 10:19 am
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Dispatched to Sort Facility
July 25, 2012, 11:48 pm
TAMPA, FL 33630

Acceptance
July 25, 2012, 11:36 pm
Old 08-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Oh, that really frustrates me that your package hasn't arrived yet.

It was last scanned in NY - which usually means customs. The next scan should be when it clears customs on your side, but nothing yet.

RR101611412US

Registered Mail™

Processed Through Sort Facility
July 28, 2012, 10:30 am
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Arrived at Sort Facility
July 28, 2012, 10:19 am
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Dispatched to Sort Facility
July 25, 2012, 11:48 pm
TAMPA, FL 33630

Acceptance
July 25, 2012, 11:36 pm

Onepercent and I were chatting about this. He was in the break and lives in Canada as well. I think during your last 8 case 2011 bdpp you stated that it was sent registered to both of us. Usually registered shipping takes a long time as they try and verify the value of items. Major league would know about that since he recieves large packages. Im sure itll get here eventually lol. Customs guys have to earn their money somehow lol.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsportsguy View Post
If they ask for gift, there's a problem somewhere! That should be a HUGE red-flag not to deal with the person!
No, it's because of all the hassles from Customs. Sellers shouldn't have to refund because the card gets "lost" in Canada. Plus, there is no affordable way to track the shipment. I never ship outside the US for that very reason.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

Seeing the thread at the time I thought you were going to get stiffed... the seller flicked off the card cheap not knowing what he had, you paid gift, he "sold it on ebay to a forum member who said they'd cancel the deal" and now you're out both the card and the money, which blows.

BTW to ingnoramus above (Madbacker), $15 is affordable to a proven/trustworthy member who is willing to cough up that amount for international postage...
hairyangryfella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

I guess this dirt bag felt the need to leave me a negative for his short comings.

I left him a negative after waiting 30 days for the item. Granted I finally got the item from him. My negative would have been for no getting the card. But Id still hit him a negative for taking 42 days. Am I right in thinking this?

His tardy shipping has led me to lose my sale that I had in place for this card as well.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I guess this dirt bag felt the need to leave me a negative for his short comings.

I left him a negative after waiting 30 days for the item. Granted I finally got the item from him. My negative would have been for no getting the card. But Id still hit him a negative for taking 42 days. Am I right in thinking this?

His tardy shipping has led me to lose my sale that I had in place for this card as well.
That would depend on the postmark and how much of it is on the mail services and customs vs how much of it is on the seller. IMHO

Glad you got the item !
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:

When was the package postmarked? If it was post marked a business day or two after your deal was sealed, then you should request that the neg you left him to be removed because it wasn't really his fault. On the flip side, if the post mark is fairly recent, as in the past two weeks, then I think he deserved the feedback you left him. You should be able to get his retaliatory neg removed by a mod by contacting them.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
When was the package postmarked? If it was post marked a business day or two after your deal was sealed, then you should request that the neg you left him to be removed because it wasn't really his fault. On the flip side, if the post mark is fairly recent, as in the past two weeks, then I think he deserved the feedback you left him. You should be able to get his retaliatory neg removed by a mod by contacting them.
So I just went to take a quick pic with my phone and it just gets worse.

Here is a scan of the package. Postmarked Aug 07-12. I paid July 17th.

I just took a look at the card and its warped! He sent it in a toploader and no protection for the card/toploader. So the card is warped as well.

Ill take this as a loss. But I dont deserve the negative this guy dropped on me. He sent my card 20 days late after payment. Got my money for a card that is warped from lack of proper packaging and dropped a neg on me.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

Seems like retaliatory feedback. Isn't that against the rules here?
Craig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

PM fish or pskell and have it removed man. POS's like this guy need to be banned for good. Just watch who you pay gift too. I sold a card on ebay for 55 and the PO wanted 31 to send it with confirmation so I just gambled and got lucky.
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:42 AM   #21 (permalink)

Yeah, he deserved that neg. I had an idiot do something similar like that with me. He received the one and only neg I've ever given. Since then he received even more. About the card, warped or not, that is a sweet auto.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Seems like retaliatory feedback. Isn't that against the rules here?
To you and it is, but doesnt seem like the case thus far after giving a mod my end of the story. Just hoping they see it as a justified feedback left for him and not for me

Im going to avoid leaving fb in fear of retaliation from now on.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Im going to avoid leaving fb in fear of retaliation from now on.
What are you, ebay?
hairyangryfella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #24 (permalink)

Just put the card in a proper holder and use a penny sleeve. I bet most of the bow will come out of it. And 42 days? Damn right he deserved the neg.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #25 (permalink)

Nice description to just say "thanks" for a negative.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote