Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay user you may want to avoid

iamteach75

I will let you decide if you want to deal with him.

He hits the BIN on a Vogelbach Chrome Auto from me at 1:30 in the morning on 8/12 (Sunday).
I had immediate payment setup.
Now I am in Canada so usually people are pretty patient with delivery.

This is what follows (in sequence):

Monday

Sent Date: 13-Aug-12 15:41:29 EDT

hey i paid for this thanks

- iamteach75

Sent: Aug-13-12 12:44 PM

Dear iamteach75,

Hi there,

I see that and it is packaged up and ready to go.

Will be going to the PO in a couple of hours.

Thank you,

Chris

Thursday (Remember I shipped on Monday)

Sent Date: 16-Aug-12 20:13:18 EDT

Dear $heff,

hi where is my card i paid asap

- iamteach75

Sent Date: 16-Aug-12 20:59:28 EDT

Dear iamteach75,

Hi there.

You won the card on the 11th which was Saturday.

I shipped on Monday.

You do realize I am in Canada right?

It takes longer than 3 days for a package to be delivered to the US.

Please be patient.

Thank you

Sent Date: 16-Aug-12 21:08:38 EDT

Dear $heff,

how am i supposed to know your in canada

- iamteach75

Sent Date: 16-Aug-12 22:17:29 EDT

Dear iamteach75,

It tells my location under all of my auctions.

Sunday Night

Sent: Aug-19-12 06:44 PM

dude i paid for this card right away im sure you didnt ship it right away i paid on the 11th i know your from canada now if i dont get thecard by this friday im filing a claim and ill win , this is not fair dude

- iamteach75

Now I made a mistake in my comment to him that he won the card on Saturday which was the 11th. He actually won it on the 12th (Sunday) at 1:28 in the morning.

But now I basically have until this Friday for him to get the card or else I will have a claim and I assume a negative feedback on me despite the fact I have told him I am from another country.

Had a feeling from the very first message he sent that I might end up regretting the good price I sold the card for.

And I certainly dont like being threatened with claims after only 10 days.

Would suck as I just got my powerseller status and have perfect feedback @ 748.

I guess I just have to hope he gets it or that hes not scamming me.
JzWand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

That sucks. Sounds like a douche. I blocked him, thanks for the heads up. Hope the transaction goes smoothly.
Djameson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Blocked, thanks. I think that if it gets there within your shipping time window, eBay should (hopefully) be on your side. It is eBay, though...

Always looking for Galaxy and soccer autos & patches!
KingTaco77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTaco77 View Post
Blocked, thanks. I think that if it gets there within your shipping time window, eBay should (hopefully) be on your side. It is eBay, though...
Im not expecting them to do anything about it should I complain!
Old 08-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

Sounds like he is threatening you by saying if he doesnt get it by friday that he will file a claim and he will win. I would contact ebay and let them read the messages. You should be ok. I think
scurvey90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurvey90 View Post
Sounds like he is threatening you by saying if he doesnt get it by friday that he will file a claim and he will win. I would contact ebay and let them read the messages. You should be ok. I think
This for sure, you are not allowed to threaten or extort feedback on ebay, and he is doing just that. He needs to understand the shipping times from Canada.

Get eBay involved now, don't wait and make sure they know what's going on.

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
This for sure, you are not allowed to threaten or extort feedback on ebay, and he is doing just that. He needs to understand the shipping times from Canada.

Get eBay involved now, don't wait and make sure they know what's going on.
^^^ This ^^^ and do it right away. Thanks for letting us know. I have him blocked.

Webb Jr
webb_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

The buyer isn't extorting anything, and has made no mention of feedback. So far the only thing he is guilty of is being an idiot.

I don't think ebay will let him file a claim until the "estimated delivery date" has passed.

It will not hurt anything to call ebay and make them aware. Then if he does leave bad feedback or dsr rating you already have it documented.

The bummer is if you don't have tracking he can file a claim and win wether he receives the card or not.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

his latest message:

hi sir, im not trying to give you a hard time, but i ordered stuff from china around the same time as i bought your card and i still never got your card item im goign to file a claim tomorow if i dont get it today. when someone pays you for something you have to send it you cant jsut keep there money

- iamteach75

I called ebay and they logged the call but there's really not much they can do at this stage except state that he cannot file a claim until 24 hours after the first estimated day of delivery.

In this case that would be the 29th so that should buy me a couple of more days to hope the PO delivers.

And yes, since I dont have a tracking # (it costs min $15 to the US so it wasn't worth it in this instance) if he decides to file he will win no matter what!
Old 08-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

I love living in Canada for every reason BUT EBAY.

People are so damn impatient. I get the same idiots that bitch after 3 days. Then every time after messaging them they so "oh I didn't know u were in Canada". People simply can't read these days. The no tracking is a big problem and most of the time i drive my orders across the border as I get so tired of holding buyers hands.
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

What a brain dead moron. What is this over, $10-20? People are so disappointing... (obviously in reference to the buyer, not the OP)
Old 08-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

If you don't mind me asking what is the buyers name and location? I had a similar case where a guy filed a claim, and he won the case and he bothered me everyday with the "wheres my card crap". I didn't know ebay offered free tracking and the post office machine doesn't offer delivery confirmation or tracking so even sending first class I was screwed. He got a good card and I get bent over. On top of the time explaining to him I had shipped the card. I even scanned the reciept as proof and took a picture of the envelope with the postage on it before dropping it in the mail just in case he said a dog chewed it up.
justinhiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
I love living in Canada for every reason BUT EBAY.

People are so damn impatient. I get the same idiots that bitch after 3 days. Then every time after messaging them they so "oh I didn't know u were in Canada". People simply can't read these days. The no tracking is a big problem and most of the time i drive my orders across the border as I get so tired of holding buyers hands.
Then again as a seller I was listing and had to edit an error and ebay automatically resets the shipping to ship internationally. Long story short a Canadian bidder ended up winning the baseball bat I was selling. I had the shipping at 14.99 which clearly wasn't enough. I had to fill out all kinds of customs paperwork and on top of the actual shipping being 30.00...they charged me a 5.00 transaction fee for UPS to even do the transaction. Complete headache. The buyer did pay me the difference in shipping. I was straight up though throughout in communication. Just shipping internationally is a hassle.
justinhiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

Blocked. Thanks for the heads up....
Old 09-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #15 (permalink)

Well the update is I am out the card and the money.

He agreed to wait until today at which point I promised I would provide a full refund.

Of course since this thread I have received on average 1 message every 3-4 days.

Tonight he sent:

hey bud i didnt get the card today this is not cool you screwed me over 25 bucks and you claimed you were legit. im filing a case was this really worth it

So I sent a refund just to be done with it since I cant prove one way or another he received the card.
Plus I did give him my word I would refund on the 11th if he still claimed he didnt have it.

I did send him a not so nice message back that may get me a negative but I figure at this point 756 positives to 1 negative isnt that bad!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JzWand View Post
Well the update is I am out the card and the money.

He agreed to wait until today at which point I promised I would provide a full refund.

Of course since this thread I have received on average 1 message every 3-4 days.

Tonight he sent:

hey bud i didnt get the card today this is not cool you screwed me over 25 bucks and you claimed you were legit. im filing a case was this really worth it

So I sent a refund just to be done with it since I cant prove one way or another he received the card.
Plus I did give him my word I would refund on the 11th if he still claimed he didnt have it.

I did send him a not so nice message back that may get me a negative but I figure at this point 756 positives to 1 negative isnt that bad!
You are screwed. But keep in mind, it's possible the card is still floating around somewhere and he might not see it for weeks.

I posted the other day about a situation with a $10 dlvd card to the Phillippines where it took more than 2 months. I refunded the buyer after 1 month. He was very nice about the whole thing. He then sent me the money through paypal after the card arrived.

Your guy is just an ass.
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

do you have the receipt? take a picture of that.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrinaldi View Post
do you have the receipt? take a picture of that.
lol for what reason? Paypal will not do a thing with a receipt. He needs delivery conformation. If I where a betting man as soon as this loser seen no tracking he knew he got a freebie, I would also guess this isnt the first time pulling this. Now that is something I would have ebay look into.
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:10 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
lol for what reason? Paypal will not do a thing with a receipt. He needs delivery conformation. If I where a betting man as soon as this loser seen no tracking he knew he got a freebie, I would also guess this isnt the first time pulling this. Now that is something I would have ebay look into.
Because on the receipt it shows to which location the item was shipped, to the Zip Code.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrinaldi View Post
Because on the receipt it shows to which location the item was shipped, to the Zip Code.
still doesn't matter......... no DC, no protection
Old 09-11-2012, 11:34 PM   #21 (permalink)

Sorry to hear about your trouble, I can relate. I recently got my first neutral, which was for a false reason (said description was wrong but it was not), over a $1.50 item, with NO contact. Called ebay and the rep said there was nothing they could do unless it contained profanity/personal info/etc, even if the claim was false.

The only thing you can do is respond to the negative feedback and explain your side of it (calmly, and don't be rude/name call back at him, no matter how much you want to). People will read the negative and they'll be able to determine who the unreasonable one is.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:54 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
+1 It sounded like he was fishing with his messages.
burgbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:45 AM   #23 (permalink)

Everyone learns the hard way about shipping with no DLC. Ive purchase alot of items this past week that came with no DLC. I usually tell the seller they shouldnt ship without DLC or someone will keep their items. I only do that if they leave feedback which is something sellers dont do anymore for some reason.
Nick Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #24 (permalink)

Funny that he thinks just because he paid immediately it should be shipped immediately. I have a 5 day handling time on my things because I travel a lot for work. If someone did this I would just show up at their house with some friends. What an ass.
foreverLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #25 (permalink)

I couldnt have shipped it any earlier.
He hit the BIN late Saturday/early Sunday and I shipped Monday.
And I had instant payment setup since Vogelbach chrome autos were hot at the time.

I had a feeling from his very first message and low feedback score (at the time around 4) that he may be trouble.

Then as soon as he messaged me 4 days after asking where his card was I knew I was probably screwed.

And its obvious he has no knowledge of ebay etiquette. Hell he didn't even know I was shipping from Canada.

Just all in all a piss poor transaction and unfortunately its something I risk due to being in Canada and tracking costing minimum $15.

Once a year or so I have to refund someone claiming they never received the card.

The worst was an MMA card that I had to refund for $12.
2 years later I see it on his completed sales list in a SGC case and it sold for 3 times more.