Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 5,511
Send a message via Yahoo to rednecksims
Default Heads Up With IMaidenfan

Bought $550 worth of cards on Aug 19th. He said he sent the 20th but has not produced any tracking info. He has not been back on since the 21st. Wont answer me. Filed a PP claim against him. At one point he had said he was moving, then said he was evacuating his house due to wild fires. So I dont know whats going on with this guy. Just a heads up. If I do not recieve the cards soon I will leave appropriate feedback.

David
__________________
http://s1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg541/southernsportscards/
https://breakers.tv/southernsports
Please be aware I do buy to resell so I cannot pay retail. I can make it easy, quick, and painless to get you PayPal tho without the headaches.
rednecksims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Inactive Account
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 321
Default

alright thanks.
mh01460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
braves3331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 129
Default

Looks like this guy had trouble with him as well: IMaidenfan is a SCAMMER!!!!!
__________________
Always looking to buy David Justice auto's, GU, and SP / SSP cards for my PC.

Also interested in John Smoltz and Greg Maddux auto's and GU cards.
braves3331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Boise,Idaho
Posts: 1,633
Default

gl with the guy
__________________
Lewis Brinson PM if you pull any of his cards

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
bigbensbff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 3,589
Default

He probably realized he was about to sell you $1500 worth of cards for $550
__________________
PC: Steelers, Lesean Mccoy, QBs
Always Buying Football Lots, Buckets, Collections
#warned
bigbensbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
dthimesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 16,345
Default

yeah his thread was a scam from the start.
__________________
Twitter: @thedthimesch
Ustream Channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dthimesch
Vaughntv Channel: http://breakers.tv/dthimesch
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 5,511
Send a message via Yahoo to rednecksims
Default

Just hope he gets banned. Ill get my money. Just feel sorry if he got anyone for cash.

David
__________________
http://s1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg541/southernsportscards/
https://breakers.tv/southernsports
Please be aware I do buy to resell so I cannot pay retail. I can make it easy, quick, and painless to get you PayPal tho without the headaches.
rednecksims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,520
Default

just to add to the list - I bought $9 worth. nothing huge, but he sad the cards were sent last week and I have not seen anything since. No communication or response to PM's either. Looks like this is a legit issue with this member.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 5,511
Send a message via Yahoo to rednecksims
Default

Also mine was football and not his baseball thread. It was a legit deal. $650-$700 worth of autos for $550. Also there have been other members that have not posted on here that have told me they had issues too with this member.

David
__________________
http://s1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg541/southernsportscards/
https://breakers.tv/southernsports
Please be aware I do buy to resell so I cannot pay retail. I can make it easy, quick, and painless to get you PayPal tho without the headaches.
rednecksims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Super8er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,342
Default

Okay, I'm just saying'... this guys is giving us Iron Maiden fans a bad name...

Seriously, I hope you get your money back...
__________________
Collecting Cincinnati Reds - current, past notable and HOF
Wrestling - Kane, Victoria/Tara and Sarita
Benchwarmer PC - Sandra Taylor, Jennifer Korbin, and Camille Anderson

bucket - http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/SquirrelyThings/library
Super8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 147
Default

so as a new member is the best way to protect myself to not only use feedback responses, but to check this area as well?
top1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
AlBacon1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Belleville, Michigan
Posts: 236
Default My encounter with IMaidenfan

I posted a thread about looking for any Britney Spears Auto or Memo cards and he contacted me about having a Pop Century Britney Auto Card for sale. After we went back and for over the price he said he would take $200 for it. This seemed like a heck of a deal. So I was having an issue with my PayPal at the time and I asked if he would take another form of payment. He said cash( which is a no-no for me) or a money order. I said cool to the MO but then he sent me a message about leaving the Payee and the Memo line blank so he could use it to pay another bill when he got it. I was pretty leary about it and I decided to cancel the deal. Then I read about other people having problems with him. Wether he is legit or not, I would rather not take the chance. His info: Hammer2wofall@yahoo.com

If sending a money order please leave the to part blank and send to:

IMaidenfan
PO Box 957
Royal City, WA 99357
AlBacon1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlBacon1974 View Post
I posted a thread about looking for any Britney Spears Auto or Memo cards and he contacted me about having a Pop Century Britney Auto Card for sale. After we went back and for over the price he said he would take $200 for it. This seemed like a heck of a deal. So I was having an issue with my PayPal at the time and I asked if he would take another form of payment. He said cash( which is a no-no for me) or a money order. I said cool to the MO but then he sent me a message about leaving the Payee and the Memo line blank so he could use it to pay another bill when he got it. I was pretty leary about it and I decided to cancel the deal. Then I read about other people having problems with him. Wether he is legit or not, I would rather not take the chance. His info: Hammer2wofall@yahoo.com

If sending a money order please leave the to part blank and send to:

IMaidenfan
PO Box 957
Royal City, WA 99357
He asked to leave the payee line blank? really? and didnt put real name? wow talk about trying to hide something.
top1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 17,841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by top1 View Post
so as a new member is the best way to protect myself to not only use feedback responses, but to check this area as well?

You best way to protect yourself is:
1. Use common sense. If it seems too good to be true it usually is.
2. NEVER use Paypal "gift" as a payment option
3. If you are uncomfortable with a deal don't do it.
4. Ask for references or ask in this folder if anyone has dealt with the member.
5. Check the feedback of your trading partner.

The VAST majority of people here are good. A few jerks and scumbags but they are rooted out.
__________________
Thin skinned megalomaniacs shouldn't post on message boards.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
You best way to protect yourself is:
1. Use common sense. If it seems too good to be true it usually is.
2. NEVER use Paypal "gift" as a payment option
3. If you are uncomfortable with a deal don't do it.
4. Ask for references or ask in this folder if anyone has dealt with the member.
5. Check the feedback of your trading partner.

The VAST majority of people here are good. A few jerks and scumbags but they are rooted out.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
top1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,520
Default

I filed my case today - Royal City Memorabilia is the name that same up when I paid via PayPal. email address above is accurate.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 5,511
Send a message via Yahoo to rednecksims
Default

What did everyone buy from him?

I had:
2011 UD ROOKIE EDITION CAM NEWTON RC AUTO
2011 CONTENDERS CAM NEWTON RC AUTO
2012 UD ROOKIE EDITION 1993 EDITION SSP ROBERT GRIFFIN III RC AUTO
2009 BOWMAN CHROME MATTHEW STAFFORD RC AUTO
2009 TOPPS CHOME MATTHEW STAFFORD RC AUTO


Just wondering if he sold the same cards to people as well. The more Paypal claims the easier it will be to get everyones money back.

David
__________________
http://s1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg541/southernsportscards/
https://breakers.tv/southernsports
Please be aware I do buy to resell so I cannot pay retail. I can make it easy, quick, and painless to get you PayPal tho without the headaches.
rednecksims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednecksims View Post
What did everyone buy from him?

I had:
2011 UD ROOKIE EDITION CAM NEWTON RC AUTO
2011 CONTENDERS CAM NEWTON RC AUTO
2012 UD ROOKIE EDITION 1993 EDITION SSP ROBERT GRIFFIN III RC AUTO
2009 BOWMAN CHROME MATTHEW STAFFORD RC AUTO
2009 TOPPS CHOME MATTHEW STAFFORD RC AUTO


Just wondering if he sold the same cards to people as well. The more Paypal claims the easier it will be to get everyones money back.

David
I got some Joe Ross cards from his 2012 Bowman "Case Break" which probably never happened.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 5,511
Send a message via Yahoo to rednecksims
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfatty View Post
I got some Joe Ross cards from his 2012 Bowman "Case Break" which probably never happened.
He showed me scans of the cards, and I even checked them against Ebay so I believed he had the cards. This is the PB he used http://s1252.photobucket.com/albums/...portscardsfan/

David
__________________
http://s1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg541/southernsportscards/
https://breakers.tv/southernsports
Please be aware I do buy to resell so I cannot pay retail. I can make it easy, quick, and painless to get you PayPal tho without the headaches.
rednecksims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,520
Default

Quick update - I filed PP claim and just won my money back. No surprise that I won, just wanted to get it out there in case anyone else was scammed by this person nad hasn't filed a claim yet.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:04 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 5,511
Send a message via Yahoo to rednecksims
Default

Won my claim as well. Sure PP will go after him for thier money.

David
__________________
http://s1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg541/southernsportscards/
https://breakers.tv/southernsports
Please be aware I do buy to resell so I cannot pay retail. I can make it easy, quick, and painless to get you PayPal tho without the headaches.
rednecksims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
AlBacon1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Belleville, Michigan
Posts: 236
Default

Wow, this guy was a real piece of WORK. I wish I could use another four letter word to describe him. He almost got me for $200 dollars if not for this thread. I am glad some of you guys got your money back.
AlBacon1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.