Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason122883 View Post
I have made a thread on MITM too previously. I did not call him out by name, but I had issues receiving payment too. I don't hold any ill will against him, but I would not call the OP a liar, because Ive dealt with it from MITM too. I am sure I can dig up my thread if anyone is interested
I'll do the digging for you

Man up....
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post

Man up....
Haha, appreciate the assist.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:

Man up....
Hmm... wasn't the one I remember. I think MITM actually commented in the other one and publicly apologized.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #54 (permalink)

The plot thickens.

3 threads about payment issues?
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimssouvenirs View Post
Hmm... wasn't the one I remember. I think MITM actually commented in the other one and publicly apologized.
There's another???? With all the talk going on in other parts of the forum regarding how some members feel that the forum's youth should have some type of indicator to show other members they are kids, perhaps what is really needed is a little insignia to show us all who has a problem with not paying for items.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
There's another???? With all the talk going on in other parts of the forum regarding how some members feel that the forum's youth should have some type of indicator to show other members they are kids, perhaps what is really needed is a little insignia to show us all who has a problem with not paying for items & communication.
Fixed it for ya
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
Fixed it for ya
I stand corrected
Old 09-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #58 (permalink)

Well... I'd take what I say with a grain of salt. I've probably read 10,000 threads this site (low-balling it, for sure) and it's hard to search for those type of threads, especially when someone posts so much that it's hard to look back at their involved threads...
Old 09-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #59 (permalink)

I love it when I do not take sides in an attack thread. There are truly three sides to every story.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #60 (permalink)

I apologize for using the word "classless". Probably a little too strong of a word as I am sure Eric is full of class. However, when somebody lies directly to my face when I have the exact conversation and details in front of me, plus calls me out after I simply ask a question of when to expect payment, I get angry. I held a card for 5 days because I promised Eric it was his, when there was a lot of interest from other members. Then he replies saying I will never receive payment for the item b/c it took a week to get back to him, when in fact it took an entire 14 hours to negotiate a deal, not cool.
CODYJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #61 (permalink)

I admitted that I told him I would pay and I did not.

Nobody is perfect.

I am sorry that I mistreated the situation CODYJM. I should have handled things better. I like to think that 99% of the time I do a damn fine job with my deals but I'm not a robot. I won't even go into what I've got going on in my real life but dang I slipped up on this one and will try my best to make sure it never happens again.

I will be paying CODYJM for the card tonight. The ironic part is that it's a card I really want. My apologies for letting everyone down.

Last edited by ManInTheMirror; 09-04-2012 at 09:22 PM.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #62 (permalink)

Guys no need to continue this anymore. Let Eric and the OP finish this up. We all know Eric is good people. He has apologized and is going to make right. Mistakes are made by human beings and eric admitted to that. He does not deserve to be drug anymore in the mud. Done.

Kevin
Old 09-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
I admitted that I told him I would pay and I did not.

Nobody is perfect.

I am sorry that I mistreated the situation CODYJM. I should have handled things better. I like to think that 99% of the time I do a damn fine job with my deals but I'm not a robot. I won't even go into what I've got going on in my real life but dang I slipped up on this one and will try my best to make sure it never happens again.

I will be paying CODYJM for the card tonight. The ironic part is that it's a card I really want. My apologies for letting everyone down.
Why wasn't this your first response?

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
kelleys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleys1 View Post
I was merely wanting to jump in with somewhat of a reasoning why this deal went sour. I like to think that not all my deals go sour, feel me? I had already apologized to CODYJM via PM before I made that first comment in this thread. That second comment you just quoted I basically said in a PM to him. Honestly I truly feel that this thread should have never existed and this should have/could have been worked out between the two of us as I always have corrected any mistakes I've made.

In hindsight I understand my reasoning was shot. I see his timeline and I seem to remember waiting a day during that initial conversion but maybe I was wrong. I was wrong. I am sorry I didn't go about this thread exactly as you would have wished but damn I think I've done an ok job manning up to my mistakes here.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #65 (permalink)

Agreed. Both parties could have solved with communication...situation closed as long as they work things out.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleys1 View Post
BINGO!!!!! At least things have been resolved, which I guess is all that really matters.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #67 (permalink)

He still doesn't wash his hands.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
I was merely wanting to jump in with somewhat of a reasoning why this deal went sour. I like to think that not all my deals go sour, feel me? I had already apologized to CODYJM via PM before I made that first comment in this thread. That second comment you just quoted I basically said in a PM to him. Honestly I truly feel that this thread should have never existed and this should have/could have been worked out between the two of us as I always have corrected any mistakes I've made.

In hindsight I understand my reasoning was shot. I see his timeline and I seem to remember waiting a day during that initial conversion but maybe I was wrong. I was wrong. I am sorry I didn't go about this thread exactly as you would have wished but damn I think I've done an ok job manning up to my mistakes here.
My problem with your response is that the deal had not gone sour, you just didn't pay. There is no reason for excuses. There are about 20 people in this thread who owe the OP an apology.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:05 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
My problem with your response is that the deal had not gone sour, you just didn't pay. There is no reason for excuses. There are about 20 people in this thread who owe the OP an apology.
I feel for the OP. Far too many people jumping on him for no reason. Members not paying is far too common on here. Sad when senior ones dont either
cruiserdaddy7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #70 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

is feedback being left
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevJo View Post
Guys no need to continue this anymore. Let Eric and the OP finish this up. We all know Eric is good people. He has apologized and is going to make right. Mistakes are made by human beings and eric admitted to that. He does not deserve to be drug anymore in the mud. Done.

Kevin
I agree! They can handle it themselves.
SportsChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #72 (permalink)

After reading this thread I feel I have to write this (and I know I will be attacked for doing so...)

There is a group of 5-10 people on this site (I will not name them beyond stating that maninthemirror is one of them) that seem to be "above" everyone else...

If ANYONE (not included in that group) had done what MITM did.. especially with a track record showing a pattern of it.. they would be universally panned, and trolled to other posts in the coming weeks (this has been done to me when I called out one of the members of this "group")

If you look at this thread you will see exactly what I am talking about... for the first page people without question started defending MITM and began questioning the OP because he hadn't provided details.. some people even accused the OP of wrongdoing. Once the OP provided the proof the most people could say were things like "well maybe he was wrong" or "I have no dog in this fight" (not exact quotes)

The cronyism on this site disgusts me at times... if someone is wrong, they are wrong.. if they have a pattern of being wrong.. they should be called for it. Attacking the person stating it, then more or less shrugging your shoulders when you find out what they said was true ... is not called for

Just my 2 cents.. and now watch me be blasted for the next 10 messages.

Last edited by Imac7065; 09-05-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Imac7065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:15 AM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
The problem is that the OP didn't say what the problem was in the beginning. That is why I first called the thread bogus. Anybody can make a thread and say, for example, Imac7065 is a POS liar who doesn't stand by his word, but without details that support your statement you end up looking foolish. If you are going to post a call out thread, the first thing you have to do is state in your initial posting what the problem is without being vague. After we learned what was up, he ended up with plenty of support. In the end, things worked out for the OP and he was finally paid, but if I were him, I'd still leave MITM neutral feedback for the deal at best. However, I can be a real SOB when it comes to such douchebaggary, so take that for what it's worth.

Last edited by ilovethelakings; 09-05-2012 at 01:22 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
After reading this thread I feel I have to write this (and I know I will be attacked for doing so...)

There is a group of 5-10 people on this site (I will not name them beyond stating that maninthemirror is one of them) that seem to be "above" everyone else...

If ANYONE (not included in that group) had done what MITM did.. especially with a track record showing a pattern of it.. they would be universally panned, and trolled to other posts in the coming weeks (this has been done to me when I called out one of the members of this "group")

If you look at this thread you will see exactly what I am talking about... for the first page people without question started defending MITM and questioning the OP because he hadn't provided details.. some people even accused the OP of wrongdoing.... once the OP provided the proof the most people could say were things like "well maybe he was wrong" or "I have no dog in this fight" (not exact quotes)

The cronyism on this site disgusts me at times... if someone is wrong, they are wrong.. if they have a pattern of being wrong.. they should be called for it. Attacking the person stating it, then more or less shrugging your shoulders when you find out what they said was true ... is not called for

Just my 2 cents.. and now watch me be blasted for the next 10 messages.
I have a track record of not paying? I'm sorry you must have missed ALL my feedback as a buyer. Go back and look, or continue to be incorrect. The pattern is actually that I always paying and quickly.

I am not above anybody else. I don't think that- nobody does. My last comment in this thread actually has me saying if a negative is due then so be it.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:35 AM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
I have a track record of not paying? I'm sorry you must have missed ALL my feedback as a buyer. Go back and look, or continue to be incorrect. The pattern is actually that I always paying and quickly.

I am not above anybody else. I don't think that- nobody does. My last comment in this thread actually has me saying if a negative is due then so be it.
Three people in this thread have stated they have had a similar issue with you.. is this not a pattern?