Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay Buyer To Block - frontline130

I sold an Adrian Beltran Topps insert for $.50 and $1.75 shipping. So doing the math I net this on the transaction:

Sale Total w/Shipping - $2.25
Auction FVF - $.20
Paypal Fee - $.37
Shipping - $1.64
Profit Before my Penny Sleeve/Toploader/Cardboard Protection/Bubble Mailer: $.04

Net profit after sleeve, toploader, bubble mailer, probably about ($.10).

I have ebay automatically setup to open cases after 4 days. After the case is opened, I get this message:

Dear raiderguy100,
Wow...Seriously? You open an unpaid item case after four days over $0.50? Most sellers give at least a week or more. You can be sure I'll never purchase anything from you ever again. Very unprofessional, in my opinion. No additional comment or rebuttal needed.- frontline130

My Response:

Dear frontline130,

??. my Ebay automatically opens cases after four days. you still have an additional four days to pay....which I'd eight days total. at $2.25 i actually lose a quarter on your item, so i have no problem at all if you don't pay or would like to cancel. most Sellers who sell a lot automatically have Ebay open cases after for days because we have so much to keep track of. but you've still got four days, or can cancel if you'd no longer want the item. the card will go out the morning after payment is received in a penny sleeve, toploader, and extra protection if you decide you want it.- raiderguy100

Then I sent this message before I heard from him again as he completed checkout and paid for the $2.25 item:

Dear frontline130,
Your item is packaged up and will ship in the morning. I'm also refunding your money as I don't like unhappy customers. I'm sorry you felt that opening a case after four days was wrong - but like I said I have Ebay automatically do it. If I'd have known - or had you message me that you'd like more time to pay I'd have been happy to have ebay exclude your auction from the case. But your card will be mailed tomorrow, and hopefully it won't deter you from doing business with me in the future. I take pride in my customer service - and consider myself to have strong integrity. - raiderguy100

So guy gets a free card and a refund for his "trouble" of having to pay in 4 days. I send the refund 27 minutes after he completes checkout as I put my kids to bed and had to package/print the shipping label first. 2 hours later I get this message from him:

Dear raiderguy100,
I understand now. However, I paid for the item earlier today and now you refund me?- frontline130

And here was my response:

Dear frontline130,
you paid for the item, and i refunded it as soon as i printed the label. i gave you a refund because you were unhappy, but i'm still sending the card. is this still an unacceptable solution because i'm bending over backwards here. you are getting a free card and your money back.....is there anything else i can do to make you a satisfied customer?- raiderguy100

So basically, I will be out $5 total, out a card - and will probably still get back feedback/DSR ratings because this douche was upset ebay opened a claim after he took more than 4 days to pay for a $2 card. Just save yourself the trouble and block him now so you don't have to deal with him either.
raiderguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

I think you're jumping the gun here a little bit. It seems he didn't understand you have ebay set to open NPB claims automatically, and after you explained that, he said he understands. It also seems that he thought you were refunding him for no reason. Just seems like simple miscommunication to me.

I do agree that his initial message about having the NPB claim was a bit aggressive.

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
I think you're jumping the gun here a little bit. It seems he didn't understand you have ebay set to open NPB claims automatically, and after you explained that, he said he understands. It also seems that he thought you were refunding him for no reason. Just seems like simple miscommunication to me.

I do agree that his initial message about having the NPB claim was a bit aggressive.

Agreed...however, I do wish that people would learn how to use Ebay before flying off the handle about the NPB cases. If people realized they opened automatically, then this shouldn't be an issue. I H-A-T-E the excuse "wah...you opened over a 50 cent transaction..wah!". If you don't want a case open, don't bid with no intention of paying... 50 cents or $500. Again, I'm not running layaway for dumba@@es
Old 09-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMabry47 View Post
If you don't want a case open, don't bid with no intention of paying... 50 cents or $500. Again, I'm not running layaway for dumba@@es
This. A thousand times this. I just started selling on eBay, with 10 completed auctions. I've already had two NPBs. One for $6, one for $76. So, now I've set my goal at 80% completed transactions. As long as 4 in 5 items that are bid on are paid for, I'll consider myself satisfied.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathgate View Post
This. A thousand times this. I just started selling on eBay, with 10 completed auctions. I've already had two NPBs. One for $6, one for $76. So, now I've set my goal at 80% completed transactions. As long as 4 in 5 items that are bid on are paid for, I'll consider myself satisfied.
LOL. As a 13 year ebayer...you should shoot better than 80%..at least I hope so.. I usually shoot about 90% every 100 auctions..which to me, is still terrible.