Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Beware of one scam Member here "Sport"

Hi guys,

Just to give you all a heads-up on this guy. This guy has zero feedback and like I always do I give a chance to new members here.

I told this guy that I will wait for him to send a tracking number then I'll be comfortable in shipping my end of the bargain too.

He insisted that he already sent the card out and will provide me tracking when he gets home from work for his "wife" sent it out...I told him "I'll send the cards out tomorrow" because I was hoping he'll send me the tracking number that evening.

So, I decided to hold on to my card until tracking number was provided. Then this guy just evaporated to thin air when he thought I already sent the card out.

So just giving a heads-up for this member
my_onni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Just wondering how people think they could get away with this?

Don't you have his name and address? As long as its in USA couldn't you just call the police?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Just wondering how people think they could get away with this?

Don't you have his name and address? As long as its in USA couldn't you just call the police?

My bad on this man... I didn't take the address yet because I was waiting for him to send out first.

When I do high end trades, I always package right at the post office and take pictures of the whole process and such sometimes even video record it.

So I wasn't able to get his particulars yet.

But just beware.. thanks
Old 09-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

when did he/she say they shipped? has all of this happened today? i can understand your concern with the lack of a response, but if this has taken place over the past 24 hours, may be a little early to jump to conclusions. i do agree that holding off on shipping your cards is a good idea in this case.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Alabamaslamma/
AlabamaSlamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaSlamma View Post
when did he/she say they shipped? has all of this happened today? i can understand your concern with the lack of a response, but if this has taken place over the past 24 hours, may be a little early to jump to conclusions. i do agree that holding off on shipping your cards is a good idea in this case.

He said he sent the cards out like almost 3 weeks or a month now.. I haven't spoken until now for I think to much time has passed already.

He just disappeared when he thought I was sending the cards out already since he said he sent his...
Old 09-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_onni View Post
He said he sent the cards out like almost 3 weeks or a month now.. I haven't spoken until now for I think to much time has passed already.

He just disappeared when he thought I was sending the cards out already since he said he sent his...
ah yes, time to get called out. sorry to hear about this.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Alabamaslamma/
AlabamaSlamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
My bad on this man... I didn't take the address yet because I was waiting for him to send out first.

When I do high end trades, I always package right at the post office and take pictures of the whole process and such sometimes even video record it.

But just beware.. thanks
its okay. I was just asking in general though.

Say you had gone through it couldn't you have just called the police? Why do people in general think they could get away with it.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:

But just beware.. thanks
Quote:
Hi guys,

Just to give you all a heads-up on this guy. This guy has zero feedback and like I always do I give a chance to new members here.

I told this guy that I will wait for him to send a tracking number then I'll be comfortable in shipping my end of the bargain too.

He insisted that he already sent the card out and will provide me tracking when he gets home from work for his "wife" sent it out...I told him "I'll send the cards out tomorrow" because I was hoping he'll send me the tracking number that evening.

So, I decided to hold on to my card until tracking number was provided. Then this guy just evaporated to thin air when he thought I already sent the card out.

So just giving a heads-up for this member
Or maybe he is still waiting for you to get his information from him to ship...why would he think you shipped if you didnt have his address??

This just doesnt sound right
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Or maybe he is still waiting for you to get his information from him to ship...why would he think you shipped if you didnt have his address??

This just doesnt sound right

it must have slipped his mind and thought that he already scored... Thinking I already sent the cards out and gone hiatus....

guy hasn't been online ever since man.... that's what doesn't sound right
Old 09-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:
guy hasn't been online ever since man.... that's what doesn't sound right
Blowout Cards Forums - View Profile: Sport

I beg to differ - Last Activity: 08-16-2012 10:47 PM

Assume you've still got a PM or two on this please report them so I can start up a tracking thread on this.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Blowout Cards Forums - View Profile: Sport

I beg to differ - Last Activity: 08-16-2012 10:47 PM

Assume you've still got a PM or two on this please report them so I can start up a tracking thread on this.

no problem sir... I'll update you once again....he sent me messages much earlier than that..I think during those times, those were the times that he was already making excuses that her wife was the one who sent it and he doesn't have the tracking number because he has a 16 hour work shift or what not..prior to that date he was always almost online sir
Old 09-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

This member also wanted to make a trade with me for over $2k and also contacted another member for a high end deal as well. When I asked him about the shipping issue all he did was give me a run around and found out later he was offering the same card to my self and another member at the same time and agreed to both of us he would trade the particular card to both of us.
Haiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

Even if he gave you a valid tracking number you still should hold your end until the cards arrive and you can verify. Of course work this out upfront with the new member, but if they are honest traders they shouldn't have a problem with it.

And as always, there are many people on here willing to be a third party to a high end deal if the traders are worried about any issues. use them.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote