Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Question about expiration time on an offer?

I have run into this problem a couple of times thus far. Havent been called out on it, but im sure it will become an issue...

A person has X for sale without a price. You throw them an offer and need to hear back quick becaues you may commit elsewhere (ebay, another member etc). The person takes the overnight to reply back, but by then you have already bought the item else where or changed your mind.

Is that considered bailing on an offer? Or the seller for not accepting the offer within a timeframe and deal is dead?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I have run into this problem a couple of times thus far. Havent been called out on it, but im sure it will become an issue...

A person has X for sale without a price. You throw them an offer and need to hear back quick becaues you may commit elsewhere (ebay, another member etc). The person takes the overnight to reply back, but by then you have already bought the item else where or changed your mind.

Is that considered bailing on an offer? Or the seller for not accepting the offer within a timeframe and deal is dead?
Too many factors are involved to blanket statement this. Did you make the offer immediately after a thread was started, so you know the person is around? If not, has the member been online since you made the offer? If they tell you they need time to consider your offer (more than an hour or so), then I think you should be able to renege.

I try to give people 24 hours to respond to my buying offers on here. And as a seller, I never make anyone wait 24 hours for me to respond.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdelaney3 View Post
Too many factors are involved to blanket statement this. Did you make the offer immediately after a thread was started, so you know the person is around? If not, has the member been online since you made the offer? If they tell you they need time to consider your offer (more than an hour or so), then I think you should be able to renege.

I try to give people 24 hours to respond to my buying offers on here. And as a seller, I never make anyone wait 24 hours for me to respond.
Nothing came about. But here is how it went in a mock up scenario

7pm case break posted
7:10pm - made an offer on a card within the case break
8pm- sent pm saying need to know asap as im bidding on auctions for the same card

(person shows that they are online during the whole time)

Next morning, I find out that I won the auction and no longer needed the card. But had a pm saying its yours for $xxx. Seller understood and we walked away.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Heres how I figure it...

If I offer $x.xx for a card and a seller counters I dont respond I figure Im clear.

If I offer $x.xx for a card and I dont hear back for a couple hours 4-6 I figure the seller doesnt want to sell it to me and I go my way.

I see it as if the seller never sent his paypal addy then the deal wasnt set in stone same way as my own sales... If i send my paypal after we agree and you disappear ill neutral you.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

To me, you both have to agree to a price before you are locked in. I usually post that no deal is confirmed until we both agree and I send my paypal address.

If you message him back that another card became available so you decided to buy that one instead, I believe you are fine as long as they never got back in time.

If it happened to me as a seller, I may be disappointed that I lost a sale, but not at the buyer.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Nothing wrong with this at all in my book.

I can express interest (by throwing out an offer price or otherwise) but have every right to pursue other opportunities, regardless of how quickly or long they may take to get back to me.

Unless a price has been agreed upon (via multiple back and forth messages) and a deal is truly about to happen, you (as the buyer) have no obligation to that deal and can do whatever you want.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

If someone can sell a card and refund the money, or sell a card, take the money and not send the card yet still actively be on this site then I don't see a problem at all with what you did.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Nothing came about. But here is how it went in a mock up scenario

7pm case break posted
7:10pm - made an offer on a card within the case break
8pm- sent pm saying need to know asap as im bidding on auctions for the same card

(person shows that they are online during the whole time)

Next morning, I find out that I won the auction and no longer needed the card. But had a pm saying its yours for $xxx. Seller understood and we walked away.
Sometimes when it shows that someone is online, it doesn't necessarily mean they are actually viewing BO's forum at that moment. I can't tell you how many times I have left the forum's page open in a tab even though my kids or wife were on the computer or I wasn't even at home yet still had the computer on and the forum's page open. With that said, I don't really see much of a problem if the deal wasn't sealed by the seller accepting the buyer's offer or making a counteroffer of his own. I do think it is a good idea to allow a seller about 24 hours to respond before throwing a up a bid on eBay for the same item.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:40 AM   #9 (permalink)

If I am selling on here the card is 100% available until I am paid. That will make someone pay quick usually if they want it bad enough. Members I know and trust and do deals with all the time can take as much time as they need.