Blowout Cards Forums
Sean Bassik

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Default Need some opinions on this situation please...

I made a deal to purchase a patch card from another member on blowout. The card was listed as PRIME /30. There was no picture and no description of the card provided. I PM'd the guy and said I'd take it for the price listed. He then asked me to pay with gift, as it would "save us both some money" which is not only against the forum rules but a bit shady in my opinion. But, rather than immediately call him out on the forums I simply returned his PM, informed him paying gift was against forum rules and that it wouldn't save me any money because the selling party paid the paypal fee. I told him I would only pay with goods to cover myself and would pay $20 (the card, I believe, was listed for around $17) to cover his paypal fees. He agreed.

So the card arrived yesterday. The condition is fine as far as I can tell but the card is not numbered /30, it is numbered /50. The other issue I had was there was only a single break in the patch and I only collect 3 color patches. Hindsight being 20/20, I will admit I should have asked the seller what the patch breaks
were but I have made several deals without asking and have found most sellers will specify how many breaks there are if it is less the 3 and given the card was supposedly /30, I assumed it would have 3 breaks. So poor assumption on my part.

I messaged the seller and told him that his card was incorrectly described as being /30 and there was only a single break. I requested a refund. He responded he could "swear" it was /30 "like the rest of them" and I never asked how many breaks the card had. He said "I don't do refunds."

The combination of him listing the card without a picture, describing it inaccurately, not being forthcoming with information regarding the patch, and requesting a gift under PayPal all seem like shady moves on his part. Then to respond simply with "I don't do refunds" after all this, and try to make it my fault for not asking about the patch, to me, is a bit pompous and rude. I am willing to work out the situation and told him I wanted to do so amicably but am getting no help on his end. Hell, I'm even willing to cover his shipping cost (which was only $0.65 by the way). Ultimately, since I paid with goods, can't I return the item and request a refund via PayPal?

How do you all see this situation? I feel I have a legitimate gripe.

Last edited by marquettebull06; 09-30-2012 at 08:53 AM.
marquettebull06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquettebull06 View Post
I made a deal to purchase a patch card from another member on blowout. The card was listed as PRIME /30. There was no picture and no description of the card provided. I PM'd the guy and said I'd take it for the price listed. He then asked me to pay with gift, as it would "save us both some money" which is not only against the forum rules but a bit shady in my opinion. But, rather than immediately call him out on the forums I simply returned his PM, informed him paying gift was against forum rules and that it wouldn't save me any money because the selling party paid the paypal fee. I told him I would only pay with goods to cover myself and would pay $20 (the card, I believe, was listed for around $17) to cover his paypal fees. He agreed.

So the card arrived yesterday. The condition is fine as far as I can tell but the card is not numbered /30, it is numbered /50. The other issue I had was there was only a single break in the patch and I only collect 3 color patches. Hindsight being 20/20, I will admit I should have asked the seller what the patch breaks
were but I have made several deals without asking and have found most sellers will specify how many breaks there are if it is less the 3 and given the card was supposedly /30, I assumed it would have 3 breaks. So poor assumption on my part.

I messaged the seller and told him that his card was incorrectly described as being /30 and there was only a single break. I requested a refund. He responded he could "swear" it was /30 "like the rest of them" and I never asked how many breaks the card had. He said "I don't do refunds."

The combination of him listing the card without a picture, describing it inaccurately, not being forthcoming with information regarding the patch, and requesting a gift under PayPal all seem like shady moves on his part. Then to respond simply with "I don't do refunds" after all this, and try to make it my fault for not asking about the patch, to me, is a bit pompous and rude. I am willing to work out the situation and told him I wanted to do so amicably but am getting no help on his end. Hell, I'm even willing to cover his shipping cost (which was only $0.65 by the way). Ultimately, since I paid with goods, can't I return the item and request a refund via PayPal?

How do you all see this situation? I feel I have a legitimate gripe.
Well, it was definitely inaccurate that it is /50 instead of /30. That is absolutely his fault. Assuming it was a 3 break is on you, but regardless, it was not described in an accurate way.

As a seller, I probably would have offered the refund (or maybe a partial) since I made the mistake, since as a buyer, you can always file a claim as not as described. It doesn't matter about the breaks, but he described it as out of 30 and it was /50, so you have a case on that alone.

So, he really has no choice on the refund issue as if you file with paypal, then they will certainly side with you as long as you ship the card back with DC. Once it gets there, Paypal should force him to refund you.

Just my two cents.

HOF Auto needs (276/287): www.freewebs.com/wju2004
wju2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

.65 was his shipping? He would lose the case without a doubt since its not as described and hell he didn't even send with DC (I'm guessing)

If you return it make sure you send it with DC
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Inactive Account

yeah he cut down a padded envelope to postcard size.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

Who is this member so he can make the elite list of members here...
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

Hold on a second. I agree the numbering being different is a serious issue and a refund should be given once the card is returne. Now onto the patch itself. If you were expecting a 3+ color and break patch you should have asked. That is not his problem and he was not dishonest. If he told you it was 3 color and breaks and you received a one or two color break patch, that is on him. If you only collect 3 break patches should you not ask the seller to confirm that instead of buying not knowing? GL working it out!

Kevin

Psalm 23: 1-6

Last edited by KevJo; 09-30-2012 at 11:44 AM.
KevJo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Kevin, I agree. As u said I should have specified. That being said, you can see on my signature below I only collect 3 color patches and we exchanged multiple messages with that same signature. Regardless, patch aside, the other issues are still a concern.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Kevin, I agree. As u said I should have specified. That being said, you can see on my signature below I only collect 3 color patches and we exchanged multiple messages with that same signature. Regardless, patch aside, the other issues are still a concern.
Never assume someone is gonna read your signature and say nope I cant sell you this patch because you only collect 3 colors. You PM someone and say I will take it, without asking about details I wish you luck!

Kevin

Psalm 23: 1-6
KevJo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

return for a refund.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Who is the member? I want to put him on my ignore list. Good luck getting the refund!
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

You both are at fault his claiming it's /30 and it's not and you thinking it's 3 colors. Just try to get a 50 % refund. Out of curiousity if it was /30 but still 1 or 2 colors would you ask for a refund?
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevJo View Post
Never assume someone is gonna read your signature and say nope I cant sell you this patch because you only collect 3 colors. You PM someone and say I will take it, without asking about details I wish you luck!

Kevin
Yeah. Lesson learned.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
You both are at fault his claiming it's /30 and it's not and you thinking it's 3 colors. Just try to get a 50 % refund. Out of curiousity if it was /30 but still 1 or 2 colors would you ask for a refund?
If it was /30 and only one or two colors I would have explained the situation and asked to return it, yes. He would be more justified in denying me a refund in that situation, however. And I would not have made a post as it would have been entirely my error. I agree with you on the 50% refund but again, he's not taking any responsibility for his error.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Inactive Account

I read over the forum rules and it really doesn't have a rule in regards to refunding for any reason. Is there an unwritten rule on this that is generally accepted? I wouldn't, and I am not in this situation, returning an item because of buyer's remorse. But honestly, if I sold someone a card and they wanted to return it due to damage, an error in listing on my end, etc. I would, and I have in the past, accepted returns. I don't want to sell something to someone that's different than what they thought they bought and paid for.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #15 (permalink)

Its called a scanner. You can find them for 40 dollars and under nowadays. I would never,ever purchase anything online without seeing it first. It also raises the question if someone is to lazy to scan something then I can only imagine how long it would take for them to ship something.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

This is a simple situation. The card was not numbered as described. The number of colors means nothing. That was just a bad assumption on your part that has nothing to do with the seller's error. Ask for a refund on the basis of the numbering and nothing more. There's no justification on the seller's part for not giving you your money back after the card has been returned. In the future, save yourself a headache or any reason to make a thread and be sure to find out how many colors a patch has before making a purchase.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to rednecksims

Just file a Paypal claim for recieveing it as not described and he will have to provide a refund once you send it back.

David
rednecksims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
This is a simple situation. The card was not numbered as described. The number of colors means nothing. That was just a bad assumption on your part that has nothing to do with the seller's error. Ask for a refund on the basis of the numbering and nothing more. There's no justification on the seller's part for not giving you your money back after the card has been returned. In the future, save yourself a headache or any reason to make a thread and be sure to find out how many colors a patch has before making a purchase.
This is it. /Thread
WilsonValdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Well said. That is my conclusion as well. I apologize if the thread was unnecessary but sometimes it takes talking (or typing) it out and hearing other's opinions to know what is fair thank you.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Its called a scanner. You can find them for 40 dollars and under nowadays. I would never,ever purchase anything online without seeing it first. It also raises the question if someone is to lazy to scan something then I can only imagine how long it would take for them to ship something.
I foolishly thought all would be fine as we had made a previous deal on BO. Again, I'm learning a lot from this transaction.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
He said "I don't do refunds."
To the Seller:

HAHAHHAHAHA, yeah let me know how that works out for you
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:48 AM   #22 (permalink)

After he is forced to refund you please make sure you send him a pm telling him he has no choice, paypal will do it for him. I am actually very amused when people say they dont or wont give refunds. Your personal policy means less the nothing to Paypal and Ebay.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #23 (permalink)

The card being #d to 50 when he said #d to 30 is enough to warrant a refund IMO!

Besides that, next time take the initiative and ask for a detailed description (since you collect very nice GU)!

Of course paypal will do the refund regardless just make sure you return it with DC!
Old 10-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #24 (permalink)

If the patch was 3I color would this thread of really been made, that parts your fault. Like cking said I would never buy any card without a picture first. Seems your real gripe is the breaks in patch not that its out of /50. But luckily for you he messed up. Now you get your refund. Good luck either way.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #25 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Here is his most recent response:

YoungJayNSC

Northwest_Music

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at My Selling Page it States in Plain english i dont accept returns/refunds i dont look at everyones signature to see what exactly they collect but i have escaladed the claim with Paypal and am sending them the link so they can read that i plainly state i dont accept returns

I DESIGN HQ BANNERS FOR PAYPAL or CARDS
CHECK OUT MY TRADELIST, ALWAYS READY TO TRADE
ALWAYS BUYING D. ROSE, MJ and KOBE