Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay buyer says card was damaged 13 days after he received it...

221074028300oct04 pictures by sekaimon1 - Photobucket
07-08 SP Rookie Threads LEBRON JAMES Dual PATCH 4 COLORS 2012 MVP NBA CHAMPIONS | eBay

Little background, I sold a Lebron 4 color patch on 9-14 Fri (buyer paid same day), shipped out on the following Monday the 17th, package was delivered by promised date of Friday the 21st. This morning I receive an email from the buyer stating the magnetic case was broken in pieces and it damaged the card. I would understand if they opened the package up to 3 days they receive it to look at the contents, but THIRTEEN FREAKING DAYS LATER?! This is the first time I had an issue like this, as stated I put the card in a magnetic case + double team bag (because mag cases are bigger than toploaders) then print off one of those packing slips from Ebay and wrap it around the case and tape it (over 50 packages shipped like this even to Hawaii/Alaska/Intl and 0 problems). I have the 14 day return policy, but this is ridiculous.

Q: Anything I can do to fight against this or am I stuck with a damaged card, a loss of money, and a pissed off day to start the weekend?
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

I had something similar happen to me.. guy bought a george gervin exquisite patch auto... 3 weeks after delivery told me there was damage from the case (showed me pics of the broken magnetic and damaged card).. I had no choice thanks to eBay.. they got a refund (he did take 30% responsibility in the refund though.. I only had to refund him 70% of the price)
Old 10-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
I had something similar happen to me.. guy bought a george gervin exquisite patch auto... 3 weeks after delivery told me there was damage from the case (showed me pics of the broken magnetic and damaged card).. I had no choice thanks to eBay.. they got a refund (he did take 30% responsibility in the refund though.. I only had to refund him 70% of the price)
How did you go on about getting the 30/70 split?
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
Old 10-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think you are stuck buyers have something like 45 days to open a case. 13 days is suspect but he could have been out of town.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

I don't really sell on eBay - so maybe I'm wrong - but I think you are screwed.
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP3toOKC View Post
How did you go on about getting the 30/70 split?
Buyer offered the compromise.. I knew I would be SOL if a case was filed.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Buyer does not sell. He only buys. He has 2500+ frrdback in the last month. It's possible he did not get to it. Were talking 80 items a day on average.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:35 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Buyer does not sell. He only buys. He has 2500+ frrdback in the last month. It's possible he did not get to it. Were talking 80 items a day on average.
The buyer does resell, or make a profit from this sale. Since I don't offer international shipping (unless they email me and have high positive feedback) the buyer or "company" has some sort of business where if consumers from Japan wants to buy a product from USA, but doesn't speak/write English (or offer intl shipping), then this company buys the US product and add its fee plus shipping cost and original cost. Hopefully we can reach a compromise.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
eBay View About Me for flight2ord
Hobby Shop Owner in Wells, ME

nhsportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP3toOKC View Post
The buyer does resell, or make a profit from this sale. Since I don't offer international shipping (unless they email me and have high positive feedback) the buyer or "company" has some sort of business where if consumers from Japan wants to buy a product from USA, but doesn't speak/write English (or offer intl shipping), then this company buys the US product and add its fee plus shipping cost and original cost. Hopefully we can reach a compromise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsportsguy View Post

Sorry I was just looking at feedback.

That being said it is still possible that an item was not opened for 13 days after receipt. Or maybe it was shipped at once to Japan and the buyer there had an issue with it. I don't know.

If they want a refund do everything through Ebay so that they have to get the card back from oversees and then send it to you.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry I was just looking at feedback.

That being said it is still possible that an item was not opened for 13 days after receipt. Or maybe it was shipped at once to Japan and the buyer there had an issue with it. I don't know.

If they want a refund do everything through Ebay so that they have to get the card back from oversees and then send it to you.
If so, maybe the item was damaged when the buyer broker shipped it to his client in japan,
in which case OP really shouldnt have to compromise in any way.
(ebay stupidity aside)

Suggest OP ask where card is right now, and try to determine if its the buyer broker who physically saw the damage, or if its his client complaining, before pointing this out.
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536

Last edited by MetDude; 10-06-2012 at 06:06 PM.
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #12 (permalink)

"4. Upon receiving the item, we check the item for damage and other issues like legality bringing to Japan."

They say they check the item for damage before they ship to the buyer in Japan so find out where the item is.
If its with the buyer in Japan, that should indicate flight2ord received it in good condition!
Not sure ebay and paypal cares much though!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

I emailed the buyer on Saturday morning, so far no response. I'm pretty sure it was damaged on transit from their location to Japan and tried to recover their loss from me.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #14 (permalink)

He filed a claim against me for item not as described... He/she didn't even respond to the message I sent him. Uh, now I gotta contact Ebay CS 1st thing tomorrows explaining this situation
Old 10-28-2012, 01:01 AM   #15 (permalink)

Well I think I won my case. Before that case closed and ebay sided with buyer. Card was to be returned back to me and the buyer gets the refund. I appealed and contacted ebay's CS (the day of judgement) and got transferred to the Resolution Center and explained my case. We talked for about 25min because the buyer had numerous claims against other sellers as well. They said since the card was in transit to me, they can't do anything about it until I have the card in hand.

Several days later, I got card in, I called them and they said they will figure everything out. 2 days later, ebay sent a email that ebay has reimbursed me. It's a win, but I hope they do something about the buyer because when I got my card back, the package was the same one I sent to the buyer and it had some paper covering up the original shipping label. There is also a label with a bar code and the September 28 date which I think it is when they shipped the card to Japan.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

exact same thing happened to me i sold a $400 card shipped it to CA,about 32 days later was contacted via paypal that a claim had been issued for "item not as described" I was so confused...the seller applied zero communication and left me puzzled..i get the card back from Taiwan (had no idea there was a middle man) I then contact ebay and paypal immediatly only to be told tough tits i have to honor the claim.I strongly suggested to them that the card came from Taiwan making their claim invalid and was told they would look into the issue.That buyer's name was lisa_horse10 or something like that,I was one of the lucky ones to actually get my exact card back with no damage (their claim was false) Ebay and Paypal need to look more into this middle man issue.Once an item touches someone other than the original buyers hands all buyer protection should be forfeited.
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
Once an item touches someone other than the original buyers hands all buyer protection should be forfeited.
100% agree with this.