Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 06:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Think I may be getting scammed by a BO member.

I recently conducted a trade with another person on this forum and feel that I may be getting taken or scammed. I will leave his name out for now until I can get some more answers from him but it wouldn’t be hard to figure it out. This person only has one trader rating and I thought since I only have five that I would not ask him to send first just to be fair. I traded four cards for one of his originally. Then a day later we added another card each to the deal.

I packaged my cards for the first package in the following manner: each card was put in a penny sleeve and then inserted in a hard sleeve that fits that particular card. The cards were then placed inside a team bag and card blanks were put on the inside to further provide protection. I then took the team bag and taped cardboard on the outside of it to make a sort of sandwich to keep the entire package from getting damaged. I then took two larger pieces of card board and put them inside a bubble mailer and put the original cardboard sandwich/package between those two pieces of cardboard.

The trader contacted me today and told me that the cards I sent him were damaged and that one of the cards was outside of the toploader. I know with 100% certainty that there is no way possible that a card came outside of the toploader and team bag and cardboard. I am not new to shipping out cards with adequate protection. I sell on Sportlots and have shipped out over 100 packages and received 81 feedback ratings with 100% positive feedback.

We conducted another trade yesterday and I sent out his second package in a very similar manner this morning and have provided tracking for both packages. The trader was supposed to put the second card I traded for in with the original one I traded for and ship first thing this morning. I have yet to receive a tracking number for that package nor has he even answered the question of has it been shipped. His response to me is that he is a "38 year old man, why would I lie." Where is the DC# then? I have asked but have not received an answer to this question. If he has not shipped then that would contradict his above statement.

Am I being overly concerned, paranoid, or crazy? I just need someone to sanity check me and provide any insight as to how to prevent this in the future from happening. This is one of the biggest concerns I had when I decided to start trading. Now I am considering rethinking my decision and just keep all of my cards and simply buy what I want.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

TNARG not again man!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

The trade was only yesterday. Gotta give em a chance. People do work and stuff.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

When did the original trade take place? When did you ship the first package and when did he receive it? It's just odd to me that he already has cards from you, but hasn't sent anything out yet.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekaboo View Post
TNARG not again man!
Not sure what TNARG is. If that is a trader, he is not the person I am speaking about.

Original trade took place over the weekend. My first package of cards were sent out on Tuesday by priority mail. I checked the DC# and they were delivered today. My other package to him was sent out today and I provided that DC# to him also. I am very prompt with my shipping to people. I will usually go the night the purchase is filled to use the self serve kiosk to ensure cards are delivered quickly to allow for good feedback.

Originally, his card to me was supposed to be in the mail on Tuesday. Once I traded for an additional card he said he would put it in the same package as the other one and have it out first thing this morning. Either way, he has been asked twice by me to verify if his cards have even been shipped and he has not responded with a yes or no even though he has PM'd me twice to discuss the "damage" since then. I think he is attempting to avoid the answer in order to not make himself out to be deceiptful. He has since went offline and I am awaiting a response to my last PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

So 38 year old men cannot lie? WTF does being a 38 year old man have to do with it? Also, if you don't think the first card was damaged, why would you trade with him again? I call BS, F the guy, tell him you want your card back if nothing comes by the end of the week and be done with him.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Oh, and tell us who he is if the card doesn't come.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
So 38 year old men cannot lie? WTF does being a 38 year old man have to do with it? Also, if you don't think the first card was damaged, why would you trade with him again? I call BS, F the guy, tell him you want your card back if nothing comes by the end of the week and be done with him.
I shipped my second package because we made a second trade before he was able to send out his first package because he said he would combine them into one. After I got the second package in the mail, I then came home later today to find the message about the damaged cards in my inbox. If I had seen that message I definately would not have sent the Trout auto to him today. Again, I am very prompt with shipping and may be setting myself up for failure by doing that.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'm going to make a bold prediction and say this may end badly. I hope it doesn't, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. Best of luck to you.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekaboo View Post
TNARG not again man!
I'm a 28 year old man, I can eat a chicken sandwich
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
I'm a 28 year old man, I can eat a chicken sandwich
I wondered where my lunch ended up today. Now I know.
Andrew Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

This has bad ending all over it!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
I'm going to make a bold prediction and say this may end badly. I hope it doesn't, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. Best of luck to you.
When you say badly, do you mean someone is going to die or end up in a hospital? Thats what usually happens when one side does not fulfill their end of the trade lol
Orangejello727 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
When you say badly, do you mean someone is going to die or end up in a hospital? Thats what usually happens when one side does not fulfill their end of the trade lol
Could be both. First someone ends up in the hospital and then dies while there
Old 10-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #15 (permalink)

I hate when people post these mystery threads. Who are we talking about?
cruiserdaddy7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Who is the member?
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #17 (permalink)

I don't want to put his name out there until I get to the very bottom and find out what is going on. He is online now and isn't responding to my PM's.

I have his name and address. I wonder if I can call the local police up there and file a police report and have someone visit him. Anybody every have any experience with filing a report of theft or fraud over the internet when you do not live near the individual?
Old 10-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #18 (permalink)

I see dead people in the future.

LOOKING FOR: Alex Smith/Timothy Flanders
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #19 (permalink)

You might consider throwing the members name out here. There may be other members having same problem with "said" member. Probably not a good sign if not getting any response.

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/obadger/sale%20or%20trade---Autos/
obadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #20 (permalink)

He finally has responded to me. He gave me a DC# for a package that was mailed yesterday. Not sure what to think since he said both cards would be in one package and sent out first thing. Says the other card will be in the mail tomorrow. I will withhold the name until I get confirmation of DC and both of the packages either show up or not. If they both show up, then I will ask for the thread to be deleted.

When using DC can you only see the history of the package? Does the number link to your zip code or anything to be able to see if he in fact is giving me the DC for my package and not someone elses?

Again, I am new to trading so I am stil learning the ropes. I subscribe to the idea the I am a man of my word. If I tell you I am going to do something then I am going to do everything in my power to make it happen. I packaged properly and promptly shipped my cards to the trader. I guess it just so happens that some people do not believe in that same philosophy.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:27 PM   #21 (permalink)

i hope this does not end bad!!

one way to protect yourself is for you and the other trader to agree on a 3rd party to send to and then have him send the cards out. once the 3rd party gets both packages it might cost a couple more dollars for mailing purposes but at least u will be safe .

3rd party could be a mod or a trust worthy forum member with a bunch of feedback.

because a trout auto is a helll of a way to learn a lesson!!

most guys on here are great people but there is always a bad apple or two.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoore_25 View Post
He finally has responded to me. He gave me a DC# for a package that was mailed yesterday. Not sure what to think since he said both cards would be in one package and sent out first thing. Says the other card will be in the mail tomorrow. I will withhold the name until I get confirmation of DC and both of the packages either show up or not. If they both show up, then I will ask for the thread to be deleted.

When using DC can you only see the history of the package? Does the number link to your zip code or anything to be able to see if he in fact is giving me the DC for my package and not someone elses?

Again, I am new to trading so I am stil learning the ropes. I subscribe to the idea the I am a man of my word. If I tell you I am going to do something then I am going to do everything in my power to make it happen. I packaged properly and promptly shipped my cards to the trader. I guess it just so happens that some people do not believe in that same philosophy.
When in doubt, ask for a scan or pic of his receipt and/or his part of the DC slip. A receipt will show the city, state, and zip code a package is being delivered to, as will his part of the DC slip. Sometimes things like this help you become a better prepared trader in the future. 248rayment4343 gave you some sage advice when he said using a trusted third party member can be helpful when trading with another member with low trading feedback. It might cost you a bit more, but more likely than not, you won't be screwed over. Plus, if your trading partner never sends his end, the middleman would end up sending your stuff back to you......hopefully
Old 10-12-2012, 12:48 AM   #23 (permalink)

With all this said Id still love to know who the member is. I personally wouldnt want to be screwed around by someone like this even if you do wind up getting your stuff. Im sure others would feel the same way.
cruiserdaddy7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:57 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
I see dead people in the future.

Lets get a pool going and make it interesting.

What excuse will be used?

A-Death in family
B-Someone in family fell off a ladder
C-Family pet died
D-Post office lost package
E-Too busy to ship
F-Ran out of bubble mailers and or decoys
G-Car accident or car broke down
H-Slipped on a banana peel and took a header, Tom & Jerry style
I-Went on a 3 day bender and completly forgot to ship. By the time they realized they forgot they were too hungover to care
J-Appendix or some other internal organ ruptured and had to have immediate emergency life saving surgery, yet they were still on here posting during the surgery
K-Was too busy enjoying thier frolicking threesome with RonLabo and ND3

Last edited by cking; 10-12-2012 at 04:36 AM.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:30 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post

Lets get a pool going and make it interesting.

What excuse will be used?

A-Death in family
B-Someone in family fell off a ladder
C-Family pet died
D-Post office lost package
E-Too busy to ship
F-Ran out of bubble mailers and or decoys
G-Car accident or car broke down
H-Slipped on a banana peel and took a header, Tom & Jerry style
I-Went on a 3 day bender and completly forgot to ship. By the time they realized they forgot they were too hungover to care
if i had to guess i would say H or I