Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw37 View Post
not really... finished third and am still waiting for the cards
Well that's pretty damn disturbing. So he gave me total crap and completely stiffed you? Shameless.

Here is the commissioner in question:

Blowout Cards Forums - View Profile: catcherball
Old 03-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #77 (permalink)
Banned

Can feedback be left for this? Report him?
Old 03-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Well that's pretty damn disturbing. So he gave me total crap and completely stiffed you? Shameless.

Sounds like said member needs to be reminded he still owes people cards every time he posts....anyone up to the challenge?
Old 03-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #79 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Sounds like said member needs to be reminded he still owes people cards every time he posts....anyone up to the challenge?
Already on it.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Already on it.
Me too
Old 03-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #81 (permalink)

Hey, look at his photobucket....Something on the top row looks kind of familiar:

http://s463.photobucket.com/user/catcherball/library/Card%20Collection/Baseball/Autos?page=1
Old 03-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:

Sad to see this about catcherball.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
Sad to see this about catcherball.
Seems to be once a week nowadays that a supposedly good member does something like this and tarnishes his/her name.

It's a shame.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:

So it appears he's a current member of the armed forces. If this board is any indication, our military isn't filled with the highest character of individuals.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #85 (permalink)

Thought this thread was interesting. Anyone who justifies that maybe these cards might've been worth something prior is joking themselves. It's amazing how often good people are taken advantage of.

Check it----https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/111355339309597717485/albums
Old 03-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #86 (permalink)
Banned

Hmm didn't even know this thread existed. Was out of town from October to February.

I'm not too active on the boards....just do a lot of reading and kudos for solid breaks. Only thing I know with complete certainty is that Andrew is a member that rarely shows tact and is at the forefront of most mindless banter on here. If you have been on here for any time at all, it would be redundant to attack his character any further.

I started the league last year with the idea of doing something fun with a few members. It started out at a $50 card league but it seemed that interest was more centered towards lower budget because of how difficult it was to determine value. After guys bailing out and much discussion, via email, on what should be submitted, we determined something like, "each submission should a Topps product, 2010-2012, auto and one or two cards equally approximately $20 in value." Admittedly, most everyone either submitted 2 cards or a card that was barely arguable as $20.

Tehis was not too big of a deal for 2 reasons. 1.) only $20 in value, what's a couple bucks hre and there. At the beginning of the year no one cared to much it one guys submission would sell for $17 on eBay and 2.) each submission was submitted via a reply all email so that anyone could dispute the value. Of course, no one did and the season went off without a hitch.

One thing unique about Andrews submission is it was a veteran....again, not quite $20 in value, but a vet none the less. Which made it one of the better cards because of the likelihood it would retain its value. It has for the most part. Pineda is probably the best example of one that did not retain the value and it was the most valuable at the time.

I was very open from beginning to end because I know how volatile it can be dealing with strangers on an Internet forum. I sent many emails, used photobucket, and Google spreadsheets to track submissions. I have started a group break with a couple of very reputable members and even have two playing in the second year or a $100 keeper league. All are great guys and all I met on this forum.

I'm not sure why Andrew felt the need to out this out here but I would hope my reputation outside of this with deals, both low and high end, up to this point speaks for itself. Value decrease was to be expected and the cards were randomized for 1st through 3rd with no one getting their own card(s) back. Just the way it worked out. Great win last year and I'm sorry you were unhappy with your prize.

ASW PM coming.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcherball View Post
Hmm didn't even know this thread existed. Was out of town from October to February.

I'm not too active on the boards....just do a lot of reading and kudos for solid breaks. Only thing I know with complete certainty is that Andrew is a member that rarely shows tact and is at the forefront of most mindless banter on here. If you have been on here for any time at all, it would be redundant to attack his character any further.

I started the league last year with the idea of doing something fun with a few members. It started out at a $50 card league but it seemed that interest was more centered towards lower budget because of how difficult it was to determine value. After guys bailing out and much discussion, via email, on what should be submitted, we determined something like, "each submission should a Topps product, 2010-2012, auto and one or two cards equally approximately $20 in value." Admittedly, most everyone either submitted 2 cards or a card that was barely arguable as $20.

Tehis was not too big of a deal for 2 reasons. 1.) only $20 in value, what's a couple bucks hre and there. At the beginning of the year no one cared to much it one guys submission would sell for $17 on eBay and 2.) each submission was submitted via a reply all email so that anyone could dispute the value. Of course, no one did and the season went off without a hitch.

One thing unique about Andrews submission is it was a veteran....again, not quite $20 in value, but a vet none the less. Which made it one of the better cards because of the likelihood it would retain its value. It has for the most part. Pineda is probably the best example of one that did not retain the value and it was the most valuable at the time.

I was very open from beginning to end because I know how volatile it can be dealing with strangers on an Internet forum. I sent many emails, used photobucket, and Google spreadsheets to track submissions. I have started a group break with a couple of very reputable members and even have two playing in the second year or a $100 keeper league. All are great guys and all I met on this forum.

I'm not sure why Andrew felt the need to out this out here but I would hope my reputation outside of this with deals, both low and high end, up to this point speaks for itself. Value decrease was to be expected and the cards were randomized for 1st through 3rd with no one getting their own card(s) back. Just the way it worked out. Great win last year and I'm sorry you were unhappy with your prize.

ASW PM coming.
So you're blaming the winner for your decisions to screw him over and to not send the runner up his prize? I think you need a lesson in a lot more than tact.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
You might have been out of town, but you still posted on the forum in December, January, and February. Although admitedly not November.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/s...6&pp=40&page=3

I'm concerned that you have one of the prize cards posted in your photobucket in your for trade box that should belong to ASW.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #89 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
You might have been out of town, but you still posted on the forum in December, January, and February. Although admitedly not November.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/s...6&pp=40&page=3

I'm concerned that you have one of the prize cards posted in your photobucket in your for trade box that should belong to ASW.
I have some down time before the Wildcats game, so I have no real issue hashing this out.

Without going into too much detail, I am not sure how many people are familiar with the Air Force OTS curriculum at Maxwell in Alabama, but I moved from OKC to Tucson mid-October and went directly to Alabama. The first 6 weeks, well let's just say they're intense. So not ducking for a couple cards,lol. Just no technological access for a little while, but they let us back on the grid eventually.

After checking Paypal and email traffic, I have a pretty good idea of what may have happened. Already in touch with him.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #90 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
So you're blaming the winner for your decisions to screw him over and to not send the runner up his prize? I think you need a lesson in a lot more than tact.
Not sure how you got that from what I wrote but....roger.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Not sure how you got that from what I wrote but....roger.
Quote:

ASW PM coming.
Perhaps it was the multiple shots you took at the winner who you screwed over and the lack of taking any responsibility for shafting him and stiffing the second place finisher.

By the way, the winner didn't identify you until the second place finisher posted about not receiving his prize several months after the league concluded. But don't let minor details like that get in the way of your lame attempt at justifying your actions by shifting the blame onto people other than yourself.

Last edited by Andrew Jones; 03-23-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #92 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
Perhaps it was the multiple shots you took at the winner who you screwed over and the lack of taking any responsibility for shafting him and stiffing the second place finisher.
Why was the second quote in bold?

Already figured out the miscommunication with ASW. Pretty cool how some guys know to do business.

This fella is trying to put me on blast on a forum I enjoy being a part of, my only point: question the source.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #93 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I've read most of this, still confused.

All it comes down to is: Did the people that were suppose to receive their cards receive them? If not, why?
Old 03-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post

All it comes down to is: Did the people that were suppose to receive their cards receive them? If not, why?
I was wondering the same thing. At least all party's seem to be " Hashing It Out"
Old 03-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #95 (permalink)

Poor communication and etiquette once again.

No surprise given the number of incidents on BO, but it's still funny to read the deflection tactics and excuses.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:

No, because WilsonValdez isn't as perfect as catcherball thinks catcherball is.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #97 (permalink)

I came in 2nd and yes I received my cards.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #98 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

In summation, WilsonValdez was unhappy with his and ASW has not yet. I didn't get his address until I left...I meant to send during Christmas break. Completely spaced it. More going on than you can imagine during that time. He's completely understanding and he's got a nice package coming is way Monday morning.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
In summation, WilsonValdez was unhappy with his and ASW has not yet. I didn't get his address until I left...I meant to send during Christmas break. Completely spaced it. More going on than you can imagine during that time. He's completely understanding and he's got a nice package coming is way Monday morning.
Which completely explains why you had his card in your photobucket and were willing to trade it.

How and when was the random conducted? I'd love the view the video. The results seem rather curious given the fact that you clearly dislike the winner and he just so happened to get the worst 6 lots, the odds of which are around 1:11,000 according to another poster earlier in this thread.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Well shouldn't have the winner got his card back and then the best ones out of the group and then 2nd and 3rd get the rest?

He WON the league he didn't tie with 2 others he beat you and 8 others after 15 or so weeks

If I sent in the card he sent in and got back what he did I would be mad too

And come on your not doing that much at Maxwell

Your in the Air Force....come on man

Closed Thread