Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #76 (permalink)
Member
 
WilsonValdez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Temporarily Suspended
Posts: 9,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw37 View Post
not really... finished third and am still waiting for the cards
Well that's pretty damn disturbing. So he gave me total crap and completely stiffed you? Shameless.


Here is the commissioner in question:

Blowout Cards Forums - View Profile: catcherball
__________________
Check out my mis/underpriced COMC account; My laziness is your gain! Over 2000 items, all 4 sports.
- **Now running a 35% off sale**.
WilsonValdez is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #77 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,787
Default

Can feedback be left for this? Report him?
nuccionino is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #78 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 12,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Well that's pretty damn disturbing. So he gave me total crap and completely stiffed you? Shameless.


Here is the commissioner in question:

Blowout Cards Forums - View Profile: catcherball
Sounds like said member needs to be reminded he still owes people cards every time he posts....anyone up to the challenge?
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
980 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is online now  
Old 03-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #79 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Sounds like said member needs to be reminded he still owes people cards every time he posts....anyone up to the challenge?
Already on it.
nuccionino is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #80 (permalink)
Member
 
phillies347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 3,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Already on it.
Me too
__________________
Supercollecting Hamels; ~260 Different
Buying/Trading For 2011 Topps Tier One and 2012 Topps Chrome
<------Check my COMC - Always Countering or Accepting Offers!
phillies347 is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #81 (permalink)
Member
 
WilsonValdez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Temporarily Suspended
Posts: 9,461
Default

Hey, look at his photobucket....Something on the top row looks kind of familiar:

http://s463.photobucket.com/user/catcherball/library/Card%20Collection/Baseball/Autos?page=1
__________________
Check out my mis/underpriced COMC account; My laziness is your gain! Over 2000 items, all 4 sports.
- **Now running a 35% off sale**.
WilsonValdez is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #82 (permalink)
Member
 
Ooosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Well that's pretty damn disturbing. So he gave me total crap and completely stiffed you? Shameless.


Here is the commissioner in question:

Blowout Cards Forums - View Profile: catcherball
Sad to see this about catcherball.
__________________
@Ooosh_E on Twitter
Collecting Travis Snider [looking for all blue or better 2006 Bowman Draft Chromes]
I have recently moved, so please make sure you have my new address
Ooosh is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #83 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 12,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
Sad to see this about catcherball.
Seems to be once a week nowadays that a supposedly good member does something like this and tarnishes his/her name.

It's a shame.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
980 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is online now  
Old 03-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #84 (permalink)
Member
 
Andrew Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Well that's pretty damn disturbing. So he gave me total crap and completely stiffed you? Shameless.


Here is the commissioner in question:

Blowout Cards Forums - View Profile: catcherball
So it appears he's a current member of the armed forces. If this board is any indication, our military isn't filled with the highest character of individuals.
__________________
Those who can, do. Those who can't resort to calling other people trolls.
Andrew Jones is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #85 (permalink)
Member
 
Bjax45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 298
Default

Thought this thread was interesting. Anyone who justifies that maybe these cards might've been worth something prior is joking themselves. It's amazing how often good people are taken advantage of.
__________________
Working on 2012 Bowman DJ Davis rainbow, needs: Super/Red/Purple autos... Super/Red/Purple/Orange refractors

Check it----https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/111355339309597717485/albums
Bjax45 is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #86 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: OKC
Posts: 1,704
Default

Hmm didn't even know this thread existed. Was out of town from October to February.

I'm not too active on the boards....just do a lot of reading and kudos for solid breaks. Only thing I know with complete certainty is that Andrew is a member that rarely shows tact and is at the forefront of most mindless banter on here. If you have been on here for any time at all, it would be redundant to attack his character any further.

I started the league last year with the idea of doing something fun with a few members. It started out at a $50 card league but it seemed that interest was more centered towards lower budget because of how difficult it was to determine value. After guys bailing out and much discussion, via email, on what should be submitted, we determined something like, "each submission should a Topps product, 2010-2012, auto and one or two cards equally approximately $20 in value." Admittedly, most everyone either submitted 2 cards or a card that was barely arguable as $20.

Tehis was not too big of a deal for 2 reasons. 1.) only $20 in value, what's a couple bucks hre and there. At the beginning of the year no one cared to much it one guys submission would sell for $17 on eBay and 2.) each submission was submitted via a reply all email so that anyone could dispute the value. Of course, no one did and the season went off without a hitch.

One thing unique about Andrews submission is it was a veteran....again, not quite $20 in value, but a vet none the less. Which made it one of the better cards because of the likelihood it would retain its value. It has for the most part. Pineda is probably the best example of one that did not retain the value and it was the most valuable at the time.


I was very open from beginning to end because I know how volatile it can be dealing with strangers on an Internet forum. I sent many emails, used photobucket, and Google spreadsheets to track submissions. I have started a group break with a couple of very reputable members and even have two playing in the second year or a $100 keeper league. All are great guys and all I met on this forum.

I'm not sure why Andrew felt the need to out this out here but I would hope my reputation outside of this with deals, both low and high end, up to this point speaks for itself. Value decrease was to be expected and the cards were randomized for 1st through 3rd with no one getting their own card(s) back. Just the way it worked out. Great win last year and I'm sorry you were unhappy with your prize.

ASW PM coming.
catcherball is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #87 (permalink)
Member
 
Andrew Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcherball View Post
Hmm didn't even know this thread existed. Was out of town from October to February.

I'm not too active on the boards....just do a lot of reading and kudos for solid breaks. Only thing I know with complete certainty is that Andrew is a member that rarely shows tact and is at the forefront of most mindless banter on here. If you have been on here for any time at all, it would be redundant to attack his character any further.

I started the league last year with the idea of doing something fun with a few members. It started out at a $50 card league but it seemed that interest was more centered towards lower budget because of how difficult it was to determine value. After guys bailing out and much discussion, via email, on what should be submitted, we determined something like, "each submission should a Topps product, 2010-2012, auto and one or two cards equally approximately $20 in value." Admittedly, most everyone either submitted 2 cards or a card that was barely arguable as $20.

Tehis was not too big of a deal for 2 reasons. 1.) only $20 in value, what's a couple bucks hre and there. At the beginning of the year no one cared to much it one guys submission would sell for $17 on eBay and 2.) each submission was submitted via a reply all email so that anyone could dispute the value. Of course, no one did and the season went off without a hitch.

One thing unique about Andrews submission is it was a veteran....again, not quite $20 in value, but a vet none the less. Which made it one of the better cards because of the likelihood it would retain its value. It has for the most part. Pineda is probably the best example of one that did not retain the value and it was the most valuable at the time.


I was very open from beginning to end because I know how volatile it can be dealing with strangers on an Internet forum. I sent many emails, used photobucket, and Google spreadsheets to track submissions. I have started a group break with a couple of very reputable members and even have two playing in the second year or a $100 keeper league. All are great guys and all I met on this forum.

I'm not sure why Andrew felt the need to out this out here but I would hope my reputation outside of this with deals, both low and high end, up to this point speaks for itself. Value decrease was to be expected and the cards were randomized for 1st through 3rd with no one getting their own card(s) back. Just the way it worked out. Great win last year and I'm sorry you were unhappy with your prize.

ASW PM coming.
So you're blaming the winner for your decisions to screw him over and to not send the runner up his prize? I think you need a lesson in a lot more than tact.
__________________
Those who can, do. Those who can't resort to calling other people trolls.
Andrew Jones is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #88 (permalink)
Member
 
mmbtvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcherball View Post
Hmm didn't even know this thread existed. Was out of town from October to February.
You might have been out of town, but you still posted on the forum in December, January, and February. Although admitedly not November.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/s...6&pp=40&page=3

I'm concerned that you have one of the prize cards posted in your photobucket in your for trade box that should belong to ASW.
mmbtvs is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #89 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: OKC
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
You might have been out of town, but you still posted on the forum in December, January, and February. Although admitedly not November.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/s...6&pp=40&page=3

I'm concerned that you have one of the prize cards posted in your photobucket in your for trade box that should belong to ASW.
I have some down time before the Wildcats game, so I have no real issue hashing this out.

Without going into too much detail, I am not sure how many people are familiar with the Air Force OTS curriculum at Maxwell in Alabama, but I moved from OKC to Tucson mid-October and went directly to Alabama. The first 6 weeks, well let's just say they're intense. So not ducking for a couple cards,lol. Just no technological access for a little while, but they let us back on the grid eventually.

After checking Paypal and email traffic, I have a pretty good idea of what may have happened. Already in touch with him.
catcherball is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #90 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: OKC
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
So you're blaming the winner for your decisions to screw him over and to not send the runner up his prize? I think you need a lesson in a lot more than tact.
Not sure how you got that from what I wrote but....roger.
catcherball is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #91 (permalink)
Member
 
Andrew Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcherball View Post
Not sure how you got that from what I wrote but....roger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcherball View Post
Hmm didn't even know this thread existed. Was out of town from October to February.

I'm not too active on the boards....just do a lot of reading and kudos for solid breaks. Only thing I know with complete certainty is that Andrew is a member that rarely shows tact and is at the forefront of most mindless banter on here. If you have been on here for any time at all, it would be redundant to attack his character any further.

I started the league last year with the idea of doing something fun with a few members. It started out at a $50 card league but it seemed that interest was more centered towards lower budget because of how difficult it was to determine value. After guys bailing out and much discussion, via email, on what should be submitted, we determined something like, "each submission should a Topps product, 2010-2012, auto and one or two cards equally approximately $20 in value." Admittedly, most everyone either submitted 2 cards or a card that was barely arguable as $20.

Tehis was not too big of a deal for 2 reasons. 1.) only $20 in value, what's a couple bucks hre and there. At the beginning of the year no one cared to much it one guys submission would sell for $17 on eBay and 2.) each submission was submitted via a reply all email so that anyone could dispute the value. Of course, no one did and the season went off without a hitch.

One thing unique about Andrews submission is it was a veteran....again, not quite $20 in value, but a vet none the less. Which made it one of the better cards because of the likelihood it would retain its value. It has for the most part. Pineda is probably the best example of one that did not retain the value and it was the most valuable at the time.


I was very open from beginning to end because I know how volatile it can be dealing with strangers on an Internet forum. I sent many emails, used photobucket, and Google spreadsheets to track submissions. I have started a group break with a couple of very reputable members and even have two playing in the second year or a $100 keeper league. All are great guys and all I met on this forum.

I'm not sure why Andrew felt the need to out this out here but I would hope my reputation outside of this with deals, both low and high end, up to this point speaks for itself. Value decrease was to be expected and the cards were randomized for 1st through 3rd with no one getting their own card(s) back. Just the way it worked out. Great win last year and I'm sorry you were unhappy with your prize.

ASW PM coming.
Perhaps it was the multiple shots you took at the winner who you screwed over and the lack of taking any responsibility for shafting him and stiffing the second place finisher.

By the way, the winner didn't identify you until the second place finisher posted about not receiving his prize several months after the league concluded. But don't let minor details like that get in the way of your lame attempt at justifying your actions by shifting the blame onto people other than yourself.
__________________
Those who can, do. Those who can't resort to calling other people trolls.

Last edited by Andrew Jones; 03-23-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Andrew Jones is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #92 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: OKC
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
Perhaps it was the multiple shots you took at the winner who you screwed over and the lack of taking any responsibility for shafting him and stiffing the second place finisher.
Why was the second quote in bold?

Already figured out the miscommunication with ASW. Pretty cool how some guys know to do business.

This fella is trying to put me on blast on a forum I enjoy being a part of, my only point: question the source.
catcherball is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #93 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
TOMBB25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Napa CA
Posts: 5,689
Default

I've read most of this, still confused.

All it comes down to is: Did the people that were suppose to receive their cards receive them? If not, why?
__________________
Hi, my name is Tom.
TOMBB25 is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #94 (permalink)
Member
 
RookieGraphs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
I've read most of this, still confused.

All it comes down to is: Did the people that were suppose to receive their cards receive them? If not, why?
I was wondering the same thing. At least all party's seem to be " Hashing It Out"
__________________
I didn't slap you, I high fived you in the face!
HTTR
RookieGraphs is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #95 (permalink)
Member
 
jeg2315's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,918
Default

Poor communication and etiquette once again.

No surprise given the number of incidents on BO, but it's still funny to read the deflection tactics and excuses.
jeg2315 is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #96 (permalink)
Member
 
Andrew Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
I've read most of this, still confused.

All it comes down to is: Did the people that were suppose to receive their cards receive them? If not, why?
No, because WilsonValdez isn't as perfect as catcherball thinks catcherball is.
__________________
Those who can, do. Those who can't resort to calling other people trolls.
Andrew Jones is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #97 (permalink)
Member
 
scurvey90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Middle of the Bluegrass
Posts: 1,046
Default

I came in 2nd and yes I received my cards.
scurvey90 is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #98 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: OKC
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
I've read most of this, still confused.

All it comes down to is: Did the people that were suppose to receive their cards receive them? If not, why?
In summation, WilsonValdez was unhappy with his and ASW has not yet. I didn't get his address until I left...I meant to send during Christmas break. Completely spaced it. More going on than you can imagine during that time. He's completely understanding and he's got a nice package coming is way Monday morning.
catcherball is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #99 (permalink)
Member
 
Andrew Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcherball View Post
In summation, WilsonValdez was unhappy with his and ASW has not yet. I didn't get his address until I left...I meant to send during Christmas break. Completely spaced it. More going on than you can imagine during that time. He's completely understanding and he's got a nice package coming is way Monday morning.
Which completely explains why you had his card in your photobucket and were willing to trade it.

How and when was the random conducted? I'd love the view the video. The results seem rather curious given the fact that you clearly dislike the winner and he just so happened to get the worst 6 lots, the odds of which are around 1:11,000 according to another poster earlier in this thread.
__________________
Those who can, do. Those who can't resort to calling other people trolls.
Andrew Jones is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #100 (permalink)
Member
 
armyatc22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the Army wants me to live
Posts: 18,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcherball View Post
In summation, WilsonValdez was unhappy with his and ASW has not yet. I didn't get his address until I left...I meant to send during Christmas break. Completely spaced it. More going on than you can imagine during that time. He's completely understanding and he's got a nice package coming is way Monday morning.
Well shouldn't have the winner got his card back and then the best ones out of the group and then 2nd and 3rd get the rest?

He WON the league he didn't tie with 2 others he beat you and 8 others after 15 or so weeks

If I sent in the card he sent in and got back what he did I would be mad too

And come on your not doing that much at Maxwell

Your in the Air Force....come on man

__________________
1st ever BLOWOUTCARDS Assassin League Champion
Currently Collecting Dolphins, Nationals, Sara Underwood, and Alabama Football Players in Alabama Uniforms
Moving to Germany September 2014
armyatc22 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.