Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #101 (permalink)

So this essentially boils down to another "I was too busy" justification?

It's simple - you took on the responsibility of running the league, and you should have to answer to the lack of communication and transparency. Seems like this is bordering on a personal issue against WilsonValdez more than anything.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #102 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Well shouldn't have the winner got his card back and then the best ones out of the group and then 2nd and 3rd get the rest?

He WON the league he didn't tie with 2 others he beat you and 8 others after 15 or so weeks

If I sent in the card he sent in and got back what he did I would be mad too

And come on your not doing that much at Maxwell

Your in the Air Force....come on man

#truth
Old 03-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #103 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg2315 View Post
So this essentially boils down to another "I was too busy" justification?

It's simple - you took on the responsibility of running the league, and you should have to answer to the lack of communication and transparency. Seems like this is bordering on a personal issue against WilsonValdez more than anything.

Guess its as simple as that is there where I insert why I was busier than the next guy?
Old 03-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #104 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcherball View Post
Guess its as simple as that is there where I insert why I was busier than the next guy?
Lately it seems people take making mistakes as a joke. Just own up to it and stop deflecting it. I owned up to my error on shipping late. Plus you screwed the winner big time.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Lately it seems people take making mistakes as a joke. Just own up to it and stop deflecting it. I owned up to my error on shipping late. Plus you screwed the winner big time.
How did the winner get the worst cards?
Old 03-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #106 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppsfan View Post
How did the winner get the worst cards?
Look at the OP. This whole thread was started way back when because the OP got shafted
Old 03-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #107 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Again, how did I screw the winner?

Does contacting ASW the minute i realized the error, researching the email traffic, and then getting a package out to him ASAP count as owning up to it?

WV already talked awhile back, if I'm not mistaken, I made clear that I agreed he got the shaft considering what he submitted. I do not know a single person in that league outside of blowout and that league. When I realized the values dropped despite everyone approving every submission before hand...what would have been best course of action in your opinion? Reshuffle until the winner got the goods?
Old 03-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Look at the OP. This whole thread was started way back when because the OP got shafted
Yeah I know, I was directing this to league owner. It isn't fair that he was given the worst cards.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #109 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Again, how did I screw the winner?

Does contacting ASW the minute i realized the error, researching the email traffic, and then getting a package out to him ASAP count as owning up to it?

WV already talked awhile back, if I'm not mistaken, I made clear that I agreed he got the shaft considering what he submitted. I do not know a single person in that league outside of blowout and that league. When I realized the values dropped despite everyone approving every submission before hand...what would have been best course of action in your opinion? Reshuffle until the winner got the goods?
I can't answer the second part because I don't know how the prize got distributed. I'd think you'd pick the best card once the league ends. And go from there.

As for your first part, no. I get blasted for shipping a week late. You shipped months late. I understand life is busy and such but you cannot forget. You only realized the error because we told you.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #110 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppsfan View Post
Yeah I know, I was directing this to league owner. It isn't fair that he was given the worst cards.
My bad. I misunderstood you. Thought you were asking haha.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
what would have been best course of action in your opinion? Reshuffle until the winner got the goods?
Again, it's simple. Let the winner(s) pick the card(s) in order...a random was just asking for issues.

I don't remember if this was mentioned, but was the original process for winnings disclosed from the beginning? I thought there was mention of a lack of video for the randoms as well.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
How and when was the random conducted? I'd love the view the video. The results seem rather curious given the fact that you clearly dislike the winner and he just so happened to get the worst 6 lots, the odds of which are around 1:11,000 according to another poster earlier in this thread.
Apparently this was lost in the shuffle. Can we see how the cards the "winner" received were selected?
Old 03-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #113 (permalink)
Banned

I just can't figure out why I would just blantantly not send cards and then stack the deck with a bunch of overall crappy cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg2315 View Post
Again, it's simple. Let the winner(s) pick the card(s) in order...a random was just asking for issues.

I don't remember if this was mentioned, but was the original process for winnings disclosed from the beginning? I thought there was mention of a lack of video for the randoms as well.
Yeah, sadly 20/20 hindsight. Had a unique timeline and was very open with the whole league from the beginning. Didn't give it much thought beyond just randomly placing entries in envelopes.

With comments like "it seems lately..." Or something referring to past incidents on BO means that all infractions are created equal. In efforts to discuss otherwise may be appearing futile, ya know?

I mean guys bringing up my service?! Wait until someone catches when that I'm gun-wielding Christian!

Clearly, the league seemed like a good idea in theory. With some more thought, you can see some of the obvious issues that come up.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
My bad. I misunderstood you. Thought you were asking haha.
Haha well it was a question, so my bad. I was just being a bit sarcastic
Old 03-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #115 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I can't answer the second part because I don't know how the prize got distributed. I'd think you'd pick the best card once the league ends. And go from there.

As for your first part, no. I get blasted for shipping a week late. You shipped months late. I understand life is busy and such but you cannot forget. You only realized the error because we told you.
Exactly and think you for that...I told ASW in November, when he contacted me with his address that would would get them right out to him in a couple weeks (I was going home for a week break) I failed to send #spacedit, went back to Alabama for 2 more months, came home and never give it another thought.

Spoke with ASW, very understanding and possible he hadn't thought about too much either, either way, package en route
Old 03-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #116 (permalink)

Competitive Fantasy Baseball League - 1 spot just opened

Here is the first post that got the league going.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #117 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurvey90 View Post

Too bad we can't go back in time and not waste our time, I don't think you got very good cards either.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurvey90 View Post

Thanks for posting that.

Still waiting on the video of the random so we call all see this was above board as opposed to an effort to screw over someone the host clearly dislikes.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #119 (permalink)

I love how the league commissioner is taking this with a grain of salt.

If the winner is unhappy with the cards he won, you took months to send to the 3rd place winner, and you ADMIT that the process was handled the wrong way, why not make it right? Seems like a small cost to make the people happy when it was your job to make sure everything ran smoothly and ended correctly.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #120 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for posting that.

Still waiting on the video of the random so we call all see this was above board as opposed to an effort to screw over someone the host clearly dislikes.
There is no video....didn't seem necessary in this case.

I had no opinion of WV prior to this...still might be solid dude...don't know him personally
Old 03-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #121 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
I love how the league commissioner is taking this with a grain of salt.

If the winner is unhappy with the cards he won, you took months to send to the 3rd place winner, and you ADMIT that the process was handled the wrong way, why not make it right? Seems like a small cost to make the people happy when it was your job to make sure everything ran smoothly and ended correctly.

Ok. Suggestions on how to do this beyond what I'm doing so far? Send WV cards he "likes"? I'll shoot him a PM
Old 03-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
There is no video....didn't seem necessary in this case.

I had no opinion of WV prior to this...still might be solid dude...don't know him personally
Were there witnesses? As the commissioner, I would be concerned with the league winner being on the short end of a 1:11,000 draw as opposed to assassinating the winner's character, especially if I had no proof that he got shafted legitimately. If you were in his shoes, how would you feel about this entire situation?
Old 03-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #123 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Were there witnesses? As the commissioner, I would be concerned with the league winner being on the short end of a 1:11,000 draw as opposed to assassinating the winner's character, especially if I had no proof that he got shafted legitimately. If you were in his shoes, how would you feel about this entire situation?
I don't know...as was pointed out. This thread was started out of curiosity. It sucks, cards lost value. I'd be bummed but not sure I'd vilify. Hard to say.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok. Suggestions on how to do this beyond what I'm doing so far? Send WV cards he "likes"? I'll shoot him a PM
How about the cards that were the best SV of all the ones sent in? Cause that is what should have happened from the start. WV won the league. Therefore, he should get the best prize. SV doesn't have anything to do with it being the best. If 10 cards were submitted, He should get the best ones. From what I saw, he actually got most of the worst ones because of a "random".
Old 03-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #125 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
How about the cards that were the best SV of all the ones sent in? Cause that is what should have happened from the start. WV won the league. Therefore, he should get the best prize. SV doesn't have anything to do with it being the best. If 10 cards were submitted, He should get the best ones. From what I saw, he actually got most of the worst ones because of a "random".
Prizes were determined as soon as all submissions arrived. The idea was to have each submission at a $20. That's the way it started. With all the prospects in the there and Pinedas injury, Montero getting traded, Wong and Gyorko not getting called up, things changed....again, it sucks it worked out like that. If we did it all over, perhaps we'd make some changes but values are so volatile, ya know? Cards were looked strictly on their SV when submitted. Seems unreasonable for me to decide which ones are the "best" beyond that. He didn't get the best, he got the most for being the winner.
Closed Thread