Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #126 (permalink)

So how did the OP's card end up in catcherball's photobucket? Did the Fielder end up going to ASW?
Old 03-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #127 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPalace View Post
So how did the OP's card end up in catcherball's photobucket? Did the Fielder end up going to ASW?
Welcome to BO.

Reference previous posts. Im in touch with ASW. His package is finally on its way.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcherball View Post
Prizes were determined as soon as all submissions arrived. The idea was to have each submission at a $20. That's the way it started. With all the prospects in the there and Pinedas injury, Montero getting traded, Wong and Gyorko not getting called up, things changed....again, it sucks it worked out like that. If we did it all over, perhaps we'd make some changes but values are so volatile, ya know? Cards were looked strictly on their SV when submitted. Seems unreasonable for me to decide which ones are the "best" beyond that. He didn't get the best, he got the most for being the winner.
So, by this logic, would it be okay for him to get 20 base cards from 90's Donruss? I mean "he got the most", right?
Old 03-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #129 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppsfan View Post
So, by this logic, would it be okay for him to get 20 base cards from 90's Donruss? I mean "he got the most", right?
If that's what everyone submitted and that was what was agreed upon by the whole league. Did you even read the thread? Again, no idea how these anyone is drawing to these conclusions.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #130 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to asw37

catcherball is sending me the cards owed... he wasn't trying to get anything over on me or anything, it was just an oversight, and he contacted me right when he saw my post. Once my cards arrive we will be 100 percent square and I will have no issue with catcherball or hesitation dealing with him in the future. Had no intention of questioning his character or anything, just wanted to put out a reminder that my cards had not arrived.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
If that's what everyone submitted and that was what was agreed upon by the whole league. Did you even read the thread? Again, no idea how these anyone is drawing to these conclusions.
It's an example, you said he got the most cards. And I wanted to ask if you thought it was fair if a few people submitted base donruss, and a few submitted superfractors. Say there are 10 base Donruss, and 5 Superfractors. Is it fair that second and third got the supers and first gets 10 base cards?
obviously, it is an extreme example and I see you straightened things out with 2nd and 3rd, although I'm not sure about things being fixed with 1st.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #132 (permalink)

Well I really wasn’t going to make a bigger deal out of this (i've been holding back throughout the whole thread...I didnt even call you out by name until I saw the other guy had received squat), but since you decided to try to make this somehow about my character and I feel you’re being completely disingenuous with your responses…I guess I will make a deal out of it.

Quote:
Only thing I know with complete certainty is that Andrew is a member that rarely shows tact and is at the forefront of most mindless banter on here. If you have been on here for any time at all, it would be redundant to attack his character any further.
Quote:
This fella is trying to put me on blast on a forum I enjoy being a part of, my only point: question the source.

First of all...are you serious with these posts? “It would be redundant do attack my character any further”? What in the hell does me posting “mindless banter” have anything to do with my character in getting hosed receiving some junk cards? Please, try to find one single person who has had any sort of negative transaction with me. You have some serious stones to try turn this around on me.

Quote:
I just can't figure out why I would just blantantly not send cards and then stack the deck with a bunch of overall crappy cards.
I’m just going to lay it out some facts as they happened:

- You said you were going to random all the prizes on draft night….You never did anything even remotely resembling a random
- Apparently 2 people never gave in their prizes (arguably you could say that that responsibility lies on the commissioner, but forget that for now). They were “replaced” with 2 completely worthless cards.

(Here’s where I think it went “bad”)

- Fast forward to the last day of the season. I’m in 1st place. I add/drop a bunch of starting pitchers, so that someone desperate to win can’t stream pitchers to beat me. I end up sitting most of them and it has zero effect on the final outcome.
- I get a message from Catcherball saying what I did was “Bush League BS”, bla bla bla..he says “whatever you say, I’ll get your stuff out this week”
- Catcherball sends out a “League Wrap” email…”I will definitely host again next year and most will be invited back (with a few glaring exceptions)”...wonder who you were referring to?
-About a month later I receive the package in the OP, which “randomly” contained all of the cards that happen to have the lowest value, ½ of 1 person’s submission, and 2 junk cards that were never listed anywhere.

So tell me, do you really think that I should believe that it was just dumb luck that I got what I did? I know you are a “high character” member, unlike me, so please do not play dumb with me an insult my intelligence.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #133 (permalink)
Banned

Alright, it looks like we should put a bow on this...

I reached out to Andrew, was extremely tactful. A couple people sent me a message saying he was a good guy despite how harsh he can come across in the forum so I figured I'd try to make this right at whatever the cost.

He said "no thanks" to my offer and that he felt I was being disingenuous. Feel free to post my PM, but I'm concerned the drama holding me in a negative light is worth more than a few cArds for the PC. There seems to be no interest in resolution.

Couple important details that get lost in TV shuffle. Despite the original post, the value was $20 per submission. Also, only Asw didn't get his stuff, but already ironed that out. I just did the league the best way I could at the time and there was very little interest until someone was unhappy with the values.

As for the character attack...look, you posted my name without addressing the issue directly to me. If you found out I didn't send, why would you not give the opportunity to make it right? Glad I can make it right with ASW. But I'm skeptical of a person who is so ready to mess with somebody in such a relentless way with little regard for the other side. Sorry man, that's all I've known of you and you prove it time and time again on the forum. Even if you're right Everytime, I don't agree in doing business that way.

Not to mention, you're only defense is your reputation with transactions. Many people don't have a blemish in that department. Including myself. It's best to keep it that way if you want to enjoy this site for what it offers but not sure how much it says about a person.

I admit mistakes in dealing with the league but had the best of intentions in mind. Sorry it shook out this way. My hope is that those that have dealt with me or similar issues understand and all parties can press on.

(Excuse any typos, on the iPhone at the moment)
Old 03-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #134 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
It's an example, you said he got the most cards. And I wanted to ask if you thought it was fair if a few people submitted base donruss, and a few submitted superfractors. Say there are 10 base Donruss, and 5 Superfractors. Is it fair that second and third got the supers and first gets 10 base cards?
obviously, it is an extreme example and I see you straightened things out with 2nd and 3rd, although I'm not sure about things being fixed with 1st.
Not quite how the submission worked, everyone approved everyone else's submission
Old 03-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
Not quite how the submission worked, everyone approved everyone else's submission
I understand that, you are eluding my question of if that would be fair...
Old 03-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #136 (permalink)

Listen, I’d be the first to admit I can be a bit of a jack*ss sometimes, but that really has no relevance to what's going on here. Even if I’m the biggest jerk this board has ever seen, does that give someone the right to hose me?

It seems like you just want to ignore the substantive questions and just “press on with it”, so let’s try this again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post

I’m just going to lay it out some facts as they happened:

- You said you were going to random all the prizes on draft night….You never did anything even remotely resembling a random
- Apparently 2 people never gave in their prizes (arguably you could say that that responsibility lies on the commissioner, but forget that for now). They were “replaced” with 2 completely worthless cards.

(Here’s where I think it went “bad”)

- Fast forward to the last day of the season. I’m in 1st place. I add/drop a bunch of starting pitchers, so that someone desperate to win can’t stream pitchers to beat me. I end up sitting most of them and it has zero effect on the final outcome.
- I get a message from Catcherball saying what I did was “Bush League BS”, bla bla bla..he says “whatever you say, I’ll get your stuff out this week”
- Catcherball sends out a “League Wrap” email…”I will definitely host again next year and most will be invited back (with a few glaring exceptions)”...wonder who you were referring to?
-About a month later I receive the package in the OP, which “randomly” contained all of the cards that happen to have the lowest value, ½ of 1 person’s submission, and 2 junk cards that were never listed anywhere.

Do you dispute any part of this series of events? Do you see why it would be very curious to me (and anyone, for that matter) that I would get all of the worst cards possible?

If you are still sticking to the it was totally random claim, which it appears you are…how exactly were the prizes divied up? Did anyone actually witness the "randoming"?

I look forward to your direct answer to the questions.

Last edited by WilsonValdez; 03-24-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:15 PM   #137 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Listen, Id be the first to admit I can be a bit of a jack*ss sometimes, but that really has no relevance to what's going on here. Even if Im the biggest jerk this board has ever seen, does that give someone the right to hose me?

It seems like you just want to ignore the substantive questions and just press on with it, so lets try this again.

Do you dispute any part of this series of events? Do you see why it would be very curious to me (and anyone, for that matter) that I would get all of the worst cards possible?

If you are still sticking to the it was totally random claim, which it appears you arehow exactly were the prizes divied up? Did anyone actually witness the "randoming"?

I look forward to your direct answer to the questions.
There are a couple pages of comments in the thread with this exact information. I feel like I keep saying the same thing over and over. People seem to chime in without getting a complete understanding.

As for whether or not I stated the cards would be ransomed draft night, it's very possible, but I dont remember. And I dont remember either doing it or not doing it. Thats not a cop out, just the truth. Shortly after the beginning of the season, each prize was placed in a team bag with the label 1, 2, and 3 for the positions they corresponded with in terms of the winners. Didnt mess with them until the end of the season.

What more can I say on the matter. Im not claiming to having executed this flawlessly and had I know the heartache of the things that would have kept me distracted at the end of the season, I probably would have reconsidered putting the league together from the start. But, whats done is done. In a effort to appease those automatically assuming Im guilty of something (not sure what) I have tried to address each issue individually. Not claiming to be a victim, but addressing something over and over again and an unwillingness to resolve it seems to put us at an impasse. No?
Old 03-24-2013, 11:17 PM   #138 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I understand that, you are eluding my question of if that would be fair...
Okay, I thought your question wouldnt exist if you read the thread and understood the rules.

If some people submitted superfractors and some submitted base from Donruss 1992, then I agree the winner should get superfractors and then the goobers that submitted superfractors should get slapped upside the head for submitting a superfractor in a league you only needed to submit a card worth $20 and the ones that submitted 1992 Donruss base would be kicked out of the league and made fun of in some sort of BO thread.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:48 AM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
So it appears he's a current member of the armed forces. If this board is any indication, our military isn't filled with the highest character of individuals.
The Air Force barely counts lol

Old 03-26-2013, 08:22 AM   #140 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
then the goobers that submitted superfractors should get slapped upside the head for submitting a superfractor in a league you only needed to submit a card worth $20 .
Your postings are always seem to be blaming people and not taking responsibility. SO you message WV about his strategy for that is what it is strategy(guys that lose always like to point to something else) and you get your panties in a bunch and hose him on the prize. Am I right. Then you just miraculously never knew about this thread til now... Tons of excuses. Another pathological one added to the list

Last edited by wheeler281; 03-26-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #141 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army19K View Post
The Air Force barely counts lol

All while sitting at Nellis AFB....12,000 miles away #sadbuttrue
Old 03-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #142 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
Your postings are always seem to be blaming people and not taking responsibility. SO you message WV about his strategy for that is what it is strategy(guys that lose always like to point to something else) and you get your panties in a bunch and hose him on the prize. Am I right. Then you just miraculously never knew about this thread til now... Tons of excuses. Another pathological one added to the list
Read the thread...youre comments dont make any sense...PM your way to help you get spun up. Not to mention, I dont understand what any of that added to the conversation. If you have questions that havent been answered.....ask. dont throw stones.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #143 (permalink)
Banned

Dude Wilson yoou got hoosed. Cacherball dudyou are straight fakking CLOWN SHOES. You hosed WV and tried to keep the good prizes for yourself and sent crap out to the winners. If thats not a scam then I say let Haiku back.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #144 (permalink)
Banned

Andrew...I think op and Beans are the same or came from the same Mold..PROSPECTS!!!!! sorry for your Buttocks
Old 03-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #145 (permalink)
Banned

I didnt even think about that Kev. This must be what beans did with all his extra prospect auto's

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan67 View Post
Andrew...I think op and Beans are the same or came from the same Mold..PROSPECTS!!!!! sorry for your Buttocks
Old 03-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #146 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Read the thread...youre comments dont make any sense...PM your way to help you get spun up. Not to mention, I dont understand what any of that added to the conversation. If you have questions that havent been answered.....ask. dont throw stones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcherball
Just curious how you drew to the baseless conclusions? Who have I blamed for anything?

baseless. I thought they had great foundation

1- Did you send WV a pm or messgae complaining about his strategy
2- did you not just say goobers that submitted supers should be slapped
3- so you did not send WV back his solid entry
4- you did not randomize so everyone is to take you word at face value after you have been so busy that I think you said "We could not imagine"
5- you have been so busy you have posted since November
6- you did not know about this thread til now.... riiiiight
7- winners card just happen to be in your bucket. I am pretty sure anyone with any decency would be bending over backwards to find out why it ended up in their bucket

You got deflections and reason for everything but no solid reasoning. Did you save the randomization screen shots at least? (no need to answer we know)I think your comments about his strategy and how some are not invited back for "glaring" reason puts the nail in the coffin for me. However somehow baseless in your eyes.

You could have at least spit on it first before you roethlisberger'ed him. No doubt in my mind there was legit attempt to put it to WV

God Bless

Last edited by wheeler281; 03-26-2013 at 04:43 PM. Reason: god bless ;)
Old 03-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #147 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

4- you did not randomize so everyone is to take you word at face value after you have been so busy that I think you said "We could not imagine"
7- winners card just happen to be in your bucket. I am pretty sure anyone with any decency would be bending over backwards to find out why it ended up in their bucket

You got deflections and reason for everything but no solid reasoning. Did you save the randomization screen shots at least? (no need to answer we know)I think your comments about his strategy and how some are not invited back for "glaring" reason puts the nail in the coffin for me. However somehow baseless in your eyes.

You could have at least spit on it first before you roethlisberger'ed him. No doubt in my mind there was legit attempt to put it to WV

God Bless
1 - Yep
2 - Would they not be?
3 - Why would I? The idea was to get different cards.
4 - You couldnt.
5 - What?
6 - Why is that so unbelievable? I rarely look outside of the box breaks of the first page
7 - Already explained that, now its in the mail.

Any more?
Old 03-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #148 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

God Bless
Nice.......
Old 03-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #149 (permalink)

Doesn't help the current situation but this problem would be solved if the winners go to pick their own cards. Everyone submits cards at the start of the season that the league agrees have a common value at that time. At the end of the season the winner picks his cards then second place and so on. If a card or two have exploded in value, hey congrats to the winner well played. That or do it draft style where first place picks the first card, then second place, and so on.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
Old 03-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #150 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
Doesn't help the current situation but this problem would be solved if the winners go to pick their own cards. Everyone submits cards at the start of the season that the league agrees have a common value at that time. At the end of the season the winner picks his cards then second place and so on. If a card or two have exploded in value, hey congrats to the winner well played. That or do it draft style where first place picks the first card, then second place, and so on.
Honestly not a bad idea....I was open to input throughout. Something to think about for the future, but we kind of went with the original idea and basically played with no problems until about 2 weeks after the season.... No emails, no discussion board, no suggestions, no objections, no nothing....the whole season.
Closed Thread