Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #151 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcherball View Post
1 - Yep
2 - Would they not be?
3 - Why would I? The idea was to get different cards.
4 - You couldnt.
5 - What?
6 - Why is that so unbelievable? I rarely look outside of the box breaks of the first page
7 - Already explained that, now its in the mail.

Any more?
Actually no, you never did explain why the card wound up in your photobucket. Please explain and stop dodging the question with the same answer, "I already explained" because you haven't.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #152 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
4- you did not randomize so everyone is to take you word at face values
This still gets me - I can't fathom how anyone who has been in the hobby long enough would honestly think a randomization without evidence is a good idea at any point. Just because everyone "agreed" on the "process" didn't make it all good to go.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #153 (permalink)
Banned

Alright, it's been a couple days now and have made an effort to field all questions. Been completely forthcoming about it and nothing seems to be quite good enough. ASW has his cards en route, WV has my phone number, and there are certainly a few takeaways.

Since it seems futile, this is my last post in this thread. Any other issues feel free to PM me, email me, or call/text

**REMOVED PERSONAL INFO**

As for the monster card in my bucket...I scanned all cArds in my bucket for all to see before the draft and labeled with who submit them. When organizing the PB about a month ago, the Montgomery wasn't labeled correctly and didn't give it a second thought, just threw it in with the rest of them. As a novelty, I might keep it in there but it's on its way home.

Last edited by admin_blowoutcards; 03-27-2013 at 01:41 PM. Reason: personal info removed
Old 03-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #154 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Alright, it's been a couple days now and have made an effort to field all questions. Been completely forthcoming about it and nothing seems to be quite good enough. ASW has his cards en route, WV has my phone number, and there are certainly a few takeaways.

Since it seems futile, this is my last post in this thread. Any other issues feel free to PM me, email me, or call/text

Nicholsgg@gmail.com

(405)306-1607

As for the monster card in my bucket...I scanned all cArds in my bucket for all to see before the draft and labeled with who submit them. When organizing the PB about a month ago, the Montgomery wasn't labeled correctly and didn't give it a second thought, just threw it in with the rest of them.
of course you just did not see it for it was mislabeled. Of course you did not see the thread til now for you have been so busy. Of course you have no proof of the randomization. (which is 12yr old move) Listen I get it is not a huge card Its about principle and your butt was hurt at his smart strategy... Next time get the sand out of the vag and not screw someone over out of spite. You knew the process was gonna protect your actions. However once you said those comments to him it totally undercut your protection. Period.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
Old 03-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #155 (permalink)

Quote:

Nicholsgg@gmail.com

(405)306-1607

As for the monster card in my bucket...I scanned all cArds in my bucket for all to see before the draft and labeled with who submit them. When organizing the PB about a month ago, the Montgomery wasn't labeled correctly and didn't give it a second thought, just threw it in with the rest of them. As a novelty, I might keep it in there but it's on its way home.
Quoted for future reference
Old 03-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:

Nicholsgg@gmail.com

(405)306-1607

Remember this e-mail address and phone number....

In a future scam the suspect may turn up with same info
Old 03-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #157 (permalink)

Catcherball, aka Brent, is someone I have dealt extensively with over the last 2 years as a member of a 4-person group break club started and run through the blowout forum. I know him only through his PM's, emails and box breaks - I say this to head off the people who will paint me as some apologist friend or co-worker coming in at the eleventh hour to defend his buddy.

But for what its worth, Brent really is a stand up guy. Ive read through this thread and you guys are either going to write him off for not sending the cards in a timely manner, or you will cut him a break for letting life get in the way and trying to make up for his mistake on the back end. If the guy who didnt get his cards is satisfied with Brent making it right now, then who are we to say otherwise? If it bothers you that much, then dont trade with him in the future.

WV - it does look like you didnt reap that much of a windfall from winning this leagueand that sucks, but you did bump a 5 month old thread to complain about being on the weak end of a bad random. If the cards were agreed upon innthe prize pool, you had to know that even the best case scenario wasnt going to be particularly tremendous.

Ive busted 30+ boxes with Brent over 16 group breaks. We have won some and lost some. We have had alot of fun along the way. I've gotten to see his little man help select draft positions (his son is named Catcher - bada$$) with random balls. We have shared baseball war stories. My wife even knows him by name at this point.

I may not have been a member of this fantasy league, but i can say unequivocally, he is not a scammer or BS artist. If his obligations to the US armed forces had a hand in him dropping the ball with a trade shipment or 2, I expect that he will make it right on his end because thats the type of guy I beleve him to be.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:52 AM   #158 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDiddy532 View Post
Catcherball, aka Brent, is someone I have dealt extensively with over the last 2 years as a member of a 4-person group break club started and run through the blowout forum. I know him only through his PM's, emails and box breaks - I say this to head off the people who will paint me as some apologist friend or co-worker coming in at the eleventh hour to defend his buddy.

But for what its worth, Brent really is a stand up guy. Ive read through this thread and you guys are either going to write him off for not sending the cards in a timely manner, or you will cut him a break for letting life get in the way and trying to make up for his mistake on the back end. If the guy who didnt get his cards is satisfied with Brent making it right now, then who are we to say otherwise? If it bothers you that much, then dont trade with him in the future.

WV - it does look like you didnt reap that much of a windfall from winning this leagueand that sucks, but you did bump a 5 month old thread to complain about being on the weak end of a bad random. If the cards were agreed upon innthe prize pool, you had to know that even the best case scenario wasnt going to be particularly tremendous.

Ive busted 30+ boxes with Brent over 16 group breaks. We have won some and lost some. We have had alot of fun along the way. I've gotten to see his little man help select draft positions (his son is named Catcher - bada$$) with random balls. We have shared baseball war stories. My wife even knows him by name at this point.

I may not have been a member of this fantasy league, but i can say unequivocally, he is not a scammer or BS artist. If his obligations to the US armed forces had a hand in him dropping the ball with a trade shipment or 2, I expect that he will make it right on his end because thats the type of guy I beleve him to be.
Hate it when someone tries to defend someone who is GUILTY!!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:13 AM   #159 (permalink)

Just from the process alone there's a problem - if someone sent in two cards (Vizcaino/Choice), that should remain one slot, since that was one total entry fee. Don't understand why they were broken apart.
"Blowoutcards is a messageboard filled with experts on Ping pong. These highly trained experts told us they spoke to the President of the United States Mr. Haiku and he claims the card is fake since he faked it himself. Our 2 sources (easter bunny and a unicorn with 2 legs) explained this hobby is filled with crooks." -Unknown
Old 03-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Just from the process alone there's a problem - if someone sent in two cards (Vizcaino/Choice), that should remain one slot, since that was one total entry fee. Don't understand why they were broken apart.
Bingo. Lots were "randomed" yet split up? Okey dokey.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #161 (permalink)
Banned

interesting read...
Old 12-20-2013, 11:50 PM   #162 (permalink)

Wow, awesome 9 month thread bump.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:37 AM   #163 (permalink)

Oh lord........I remember this . WHy did you have to remind me?
Old 12-21-2013, 05:33 AM   #164 (permalink)

Did asw37 ever receive his cards
Old 12-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #165 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsplaya123 View Post
nobody cares because you are one of the nastiest members on here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Oh lord........I remember this . WHy did you have to remind me?
Old 01-22-2014, 01:03 PM   #166 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by revil41 View Post
Did asw37 ever receive his cards
ASW did receive his cards....says so in the thread....Catcherball appeared to hold up to his end of the bargain with some confusing items going to the winner, but the BANNED on his name must confirm a guilty verdict...hmmm...what came of this WilsonValdez?
Closed Thread