Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #226 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
Here's something awesome from the USPS website...

Notice left
I received a PS Form 3849, Delivery Attempt Notice. How can I get my mail?

There are 3 main ways that customers can retrieve their mail:

Schedule a Redelivery via telephone by calling 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777)
Use the online Redelivery service to arrange for mail to be redelivered
Have the mail held at your local Post Office™ so it can be picked up later.
Note: You must present photo ID if you choose to pick up your mail item at your local Post Office. You also need to bring in the peach colored PS Form 3849 left by the Carrier.
I dont have a dog in this fight, BUT I have on occasion not had to show my ID to pickup my packages.
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=270+=100%(All Positive)
PDawson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:21 AM   #227 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDawson21 View Post
I received a PS Form 3849, Delivery Attempt Notice. How can I get my mail?

There are 3 main ways that customers can retrieve their mail:

Schedule a Redelivery via telephone by calling 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777)
Use the online Redelivery service to arrange for mail to be redelivered
Have the mail held at your local Post Office™ so it can be picked up later.
Note: You must present photo ID if you choose to pick up your mail item at your local Post Office. You also need to bring in the peach colored PS Form 3849 left by the Carrier.
I dont have a dog in this fight, BUT I have on occasion not had to show my ID to pickup my packages.
I have no dog either but the post office not following protocol does not put the seller on the hook. That's why you get insurance.

The kid was already getting a massive deal, for an extra what, $1.70 he could have protected his investment.

If the post office screwed up, the seller is not responsible.

Which brings me back to one of the first posts I made: buyer will lose any dispute as the buyer followed PayPal shipping rules. Buyer gets nothing as he failed to insure the package.

and boom goes the dynamite...
seahawks4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:22 AM   #228 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks4ever View Post
I have no dog either but the post office not following protocol does not put the seller on the hook. That's why you get insurance.

The kid was already getting a massive deal, for an extra what, $1.70 he could have protected his investment.

Which brings me back to one of the first posts I made: buyer will lose any dispute as the buyer followed PayPal shipping rules. Buyer gets nothing as he failed to insure the package.
Totally agree. I also insure everything that I dont want to pay out of pocket. It may be a few dollars extra but 2.50<$100. All day.
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=270+=100%(All Positive)
PDawson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:42 AM   #229 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDawson21 View Post
I realize that, my point was, he is fighting an uphill battle. It shows delivered, according to USPS, this can only be done by showing ID, meaning Paypal will side with the seller.
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:11 AM   #230 (permalink)

This all reminds me of that scene from Gran Torino.

lagalaxy: What you lookin' at old man?

Card Album: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have #@#@#@#@ed with? That's me.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #231 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks4ever View Post

Um...I was always under the impression that insurance was for the seller.

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #232 (permalink)

What are you guys talking about? I've NEVER had to purchase insurance for my own package as a buyer. Every time when I sell a card over $75, I put insurance on it automatically to cover MYSELF. It lets me know that either the recipient will get the card, or I will get my money back.

I don't know what kind of world it is where the buyer pays for insurance...I paid for the card to arrive safely to my PayPal address. Didn't happen, so how is it on me? I paid what we agreed upon!
lagalaxyfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #233 (permalink)

Quote:
I realize that, my point was, he is fighting an uphill battle. It shows delivered, according to USPS, this can only be done by showing ID, meaning Paypal will side with the seller.
So I should suffer because my PO has faulty regulations? Actually, I've NEVER had to show ID, so now it has to be used against me because my PO doesn't follow basic instructions?
Old 10-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #234 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalaxyfan23 View Post
What are you guys talking about? I've NEVER had to purchase insurance for my own package as a buyer. Every time when I sell a card over $75, I put insurance on it automatically to cover MYSELF. It lets me know that either the recipient will get the card, or I will get my money back.

I don't know what kind of world it is where the buyer pays for insurance...I paid for the card to arrive safely to my PayPal address. Didn't happen, so how is it on me? I paid what we agreed upon!
1st-usps does not recognize card value. If you are really gonna insure something use a 3rd party(shipcover) or a package service like usps/fed ex

2nd- according to paypal it did happen

Quote:
So I should suffer because my PO has faulty regulations? Actually, I've NEVER had to show ID, so now it has to be used against me because my PO doesn't follow basic instructions?
May not have to show id however somebody has to sign for the package if notice left using your name or at least a parent. They just do not say oh here you go.

All this has been explained over the last several pages.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #235 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
It's on him to alert you that a notice was left when it was left BEFORE the day you told him of your move? You said by the 7th and he got it there on the 4th and it's still on him to alert you of the notice? Dang you demand alot from sellers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
lagalaxy, this is what I have had a very hard time understanding. How is it that you didn't go to the PO to pick up your package immediately or within a few days after receiving the notice? Whenever I get any type of notice, I get my butt to the PO within a day or two at the latest to pick up my stuff. Just cut with the BS and be straight up. No excuses. We don't want to read any "my dad threw it the trash and/or never told me about it / my dog ate it / I lost it" type of excuses either. This is the part of the show where you at least salvage a tiny bit of your rep.
We never got a response....
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #236 (permalink)

Quote:

I agree. Insurance is on the seller, not the buyer.

Quote:
Unfortunately, yes. Your beef is with the PO at this point. The sellers job is to get the package delivered, and he has proven over and over it was. Whether you agree with it or not, it's FACT.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #237 (permalink)

What exactly are you all implying? That I got the package and that I'm lying? Please...

Tell me ANYWHERE on that DC number where it even mentions my zip code 98029 ONCE...it never does!

If you are all claiming that I truly received the package and that I'm lying, its absurd. If thats so, its a new way to scam!

The next time someone sends something to Dallas (a big city), they will simply send it to their friend who also lives in Dallas with a different zip code. Then he will simply send it back to you! The DC will marked "shipped", and everyone will believe that the recipient received the package, although he truly didn't.

Perhaps it may be difficult to prove my story to PayPal, but I sincerely hope that nobody believes I'm lying about this. I certainly wouldn't spend hours upon hours dealing with it if I was in the wrong.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #238 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree. Insurance is on the seller, not the buyer.

Unfortunately, yes. Your beef is with the PO at this point. The sellers job is to get the package delivered, and he has proven over and over it was. Whether you agree with it or not, it's FACT.
Thanks. Thats exactly what I mean. You're 100% right. My beef is with the PO, however since there's no insurance or anything they will do about the lost package, what am I expected to do? Take a $160 loss and be quiet about it?

Hopefully someone could enlighten me and help me figure out a way that I can deal with my horrible PO's mishaps, rather than point out who is wrong/right.

I already know who is to blame...that wasn't the point of this thread. Help would be much appreciated!
Old 10-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #239 (permalink)

Not implying anything- straight up asking you a question. Why didn't you go pick up the package once you knew of the notice?
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #240 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Card Album View Post
I can't fly across the country and pick you up from school and take you to the post office.
Quote:
Not implying anything- straight up asking you a question. Why didn't you go pick up the package once you knew of the notice?
There you have it. Card Album was supposed to pick lagalaxy up from school, and drive him to the PO. Open and shut case.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #241 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm heading off to school right now, but if you notice...the notice was left at a 98027 address. I have a 98029 address. I never received the notice. If I did, I would have made it my first priority like any other package.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #242 (permalink)

hey kid, if it has your moms name on it, she probably picked it up from the post office and forgot about it. probably sitting in the glove box since it got picked up.

other guys that think the seller should buy insurance, if you buy something from amazon or some other website, do they give "free" insurance or do they give you the option to buy?

im sure it's the latter

and give up the damn zip code arguement. everyone on both sides has explained it to you. maybe it will be a question on your next text and now you will know the answer and be able to get it right
Old 10-24-2012, 12:12 PM   #243 (permalink)

so many lies in such a small period of time......
Old 10-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #244 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm heading off to school right now, but if you notice...the notice was left at a 98027 address. I have a 98029 address. I never received the notice. If I did, I would have made it my first priority like any other package.
It was left at your 98027 address before you moved. It's really sad that you just don't own up and come clean.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #245 (permalink)

Quote:
What exactly are you all implying? That I got the package and that I'm lying? Please...

Tell me ANYWHERE on that DC number where it even mentions my zip code 98029 ONCE...it never does!

If you are all claiming that I truly received the package and that I'm lying, its absurd. If thats so, its a new way to scam!
Aside from the fact that if you were about to move you shouldnt have been having anything of this value sent,
if you specifically WANTED insurance you should have asked for it and offered to pay for it.

Shut up already, file a claim , and let us know how it works out.

The only person youre hurting by your constant whining is yourself.

and to be clear yes, i do think that somehow or other this card is in your possession and you are completely full of spit.
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536

Last edited by MetDude; 10-24-2012 at 01:38 PM.
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #246 (permalink)

Quote:

The next time someone sends something to Dallas (a big city), they will simply send it to their friend who also lives in Dallas with a different zip code. Then he will simply send it back to you! The DC will marked "shipped", and everyone will believe that the recipient received the package, although he truly didn't.

Perhaps it may be difficult to prove my story to PayPal, but I sincerely hope that nobody believes I'm lying about this. I certainly wouldn't spend hours upon hours dealing with it if I was in the wrong.
Dude....I don't understand what is so hard about this. It isn't a new scam. LOOK AT HIS FRICKIN PAYPAL SCREEN. Is that your old address?? Did you live on Monterey LN? Oh I see, perhaps he had a friend that just so happened to live on Monterey LN in Issaquah WA, and he's pulling one over on you, right?

I've never once said you picked up your package. I've never said once you received your package and are lieing. What we have ALL been saying is the seller is not scamming you, your beef is with the post office, period. The seller did his job, the screen shots prove it.

The seller owes you nothing at this point. Could he have put insurance on it? Absolutely. But your OP was written "attacking" his shipping time, calling out his low feedback, and you are taking ZERO responsibility for this. At anytime, you could have logged into paypal, tracked the package yourself, and saw that he sent it to your old address. The notice was left on the door on the 4th, you moved on the 7th. How is this his fault?

At this point, I'm forcing myself to stop posting in this thread. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different result. You refuse to see anything but your own version. File a paypal claim. Period. We all know what the result will be, but maybe you can finally move on once you are out of options.

Since you are not willing to do anything with the post office, I will answer your question. YES, you are out $160, and there is nothing anyone on here will do about it.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #247 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
There you have it. Card Album was supposed to pick lagalaxy up from school, and drive him to the PO. Open and shut case.
I think that would be the best way to educate the youth of America. Do something rather than sit around and complain on a message board. At least lemur gets it. This thread gets increasingly more stupid each time I read it. Please just let it die. He can figure it out on his own. Eventually, yes, but he will.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #248 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
I think that would be the best way to educate the youth of America. Do something rather than sit around and complain on a message board. At least lemur gets it. This thread gets increasingly more stupid each time I read it. Please just let it die. He can figure it out on his own. Eventually, yes, but he will.
I'm pretty confident that he won't figure it out, he's too stupid to do that.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #249 (permalink)

1) insurance protects the seller, not the buyer. Paypal is all the protection a buyer needs.

2) insurance is moot at this point because the PO will not pay out insurance on a "not received" claim when dC shows the package was delivered.

3) you are way past 45 days to file a claim. Even if you did, you would lose because Paypal can see the address the seller printed the label for and it shows delivered even if it is a different zip.

4) I have no idea what actually happened to the card. Your ONLY option at any recourse here would have been to come to an amicable solution with the seller. Considering he has no reason to believe you and after 10 pages of back and forth I'd guess you are out of luck.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #250 (permalink)

Quote:
is this a math problem....if Galaxy lives in zip code 98029 and his post office is in 98027, which zip code is the school he's heading off to in?
dimer10 is online now   Reply With Quote