Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Any Thoughts Regarding this Deal? Thank You!

Mods, please close this thread! The posts aren't in accordance with what I was asking, and a lot of personal information is being revealed on here.

Thanks!

Last edited by lagalaxyfan23; 10-24-2012 at 08:28 PM.
lagalaxyfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

if a notice was left, then it did originally go to your old address, right?? shouldn't the d/c # show that it went back to sendeR?
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
if a notice was left, then it did originally go to your old address, right?? shouldn't the d/c # show that it went back to sendeR?
Yes. It was apparently sent to my old address. It SHOULD HAVE gone there in the first place, and this could all have been avoided, but he took over a week to ship, and then he sent it to the wrong place after all.

The DC does not show that it was sent back to sender. Here are the last two updates:

Notice Left - September 4 - 98027 (probably my zip code of my PO)
Delivered - September 24 - 98027 (HUH? I don't have a 98027 address! Haha)
Old 10-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

If you are within the 45 day time frame then file a claim with paypal. You should win since it was delivered to a different zip code. There could be an issue since it was originally dlvd to the proper address and returned to sender. I would think you could get on the phone with them and explain.

If you're over 45 days (sounds like your awful close) then you're probably out of luck.

Edit: you are past 45 days. Unless you paid with a cc you are SOL. Never let anyone string you past the proper time frame for filing.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

i think there is more to this story.

also, when shipping with paypal, paypal sends an email to the buyer when a label is printed. shouldnt you be checking your email and noticing the error on your end?
Old 10-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1mcjensen View Post

also, when shipping with paypal, paypal sends an email to the buyer when a label is printed. shouldnt you be checking your email and noticing the error on your end?
This^^ I am 100% sure there is more to the story as it seems with all of your issues
Old 10-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

I know exactly who you are talking about and he has told me the story of what happened. You aren't telling the whole story here and you know it. I've known this person for years now and he's never had any issues...until now with you. I know for a fact he wouldn't screw you over, that's not the type of person he is.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

So you give him two addresses, 2 pay pals, the dc shows delivered, and you expect him to accommodate you? Those are three massive red flags and shady as all get out to me.

At my post office the package would read out for delivery, awaiting pickup, returned to sender. The package would show up as undeliverable.

I'm just going to flat out call bs on your story and assume that you brought his up to head off any future issues and play the victim card!
notjomommasclin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Gee when I moved and filed a change of address with the PO I got my mail forwarded for a year to the new address
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

I moved months ago and still receive forwarded mail originally sent to my old address.

I know the person being talked about in this thread and I am willing to vouch for him. He is a good guy. He would not intentionally rip someone off. He has more character than that.
RITM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

SOL unless like said above you used a credit card. Can't believe you let this go past the 45 days. Now please share his name so others may know to use caution with this member.
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:55 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
SOL unless like said above you used a credit card. Can't believe you let this go past the 45 days. Now please share his name so others may know to use caution with this member.
The only member you need to use caution with is the OP.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

My head hurts from reading this situation. If the DC shows that the card was delivered to a zip code other than what is on the paypal account, then paypal would have sided with the the buyer if he sent a flag sooner. Hope the OP used a credit card with his paypal account so that he can file a chargeback.

I'm sure there are two sides to this story.

Lesson: If you are going to buy from someone with low feedback, make sure to use paypal buyer protection 2-3 weeks after the initial transaction. Too many shadiness going on with zero feedback folks. Heck, even folks with over 100 feedback pull shady stuff here.
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:15 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RITM View Post
I moved months ago and still receive forwarded mail originally sent to my old address.

I know the person being talked about in this thread and I am willing to vouch for him. He is a good guy. He would not intentionally rip someone off. He has more character than that.
I'd have to agree. Honestly, I think his intentions were right, and I truly do believe that he sent the card both times. My question is:

Who is it to blame? I don't believe he put insurance on it (and even if he did, USPS would just claim that it said "delivered"), I don't have the card I paid for, and he shipped it!

Hmmm...
Old 10-21-2012, 04:13 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Gee when I moved and filed a change of address with the PO I got my mail forwarded for a year to the new address
Yep! All my mail has been forwarded to my new house, so I'm not exactly sure why it was a problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjomommasclin View Post
So you give him two addresses, 2 pay pals, the dc shows delivered, and you expect him to accommodate you? Those are three massive red flags and shady as all get out to me.

At my post office the package would read out for delivery, awaiting pickup, returned to sender. The package would show up as undeliverable.

I'm just going to flat out call bs on your story and assume that you brought his up to head off any future issues and play the victim card!
With all due respect, sir, you can believe whatever you want to believe. I'm not trying to be a salesman here and get you to believe me...I just wanted everybody to know the situation in hopes to best assist us in our problem.

However, I think you should remember that if he had sent it within a week (a very generous amount of time), it would have arrived perfectly, and he would have never even had to know about my move! Unfortunately, he didn't...so this whole debacle started...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng99tim View Post
I know exactly who you are talking about and he has told me the story of what happened. You aren't telling the whole story here and you know it. I've known this person for years now and he's never had any issues...until now with you. I know for a fact he wouldn't screw you over, that's not the type of person he is.
I agree that he wouldn't try to screw me over, but here's all I know:

I don't have the card
He sent it properly
USPS won't do anything about it

Who's to blame? How do we come to a compromise?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
This^^ I am 100% sure there is more to the story as it seems with all of your issues
Had he sent it within the generously granted week, I could have prevented this entire thread entirely. If you or him wants to go an talk about "your side" of the story, go right ahead.

I payed instantly and quickly, which is a buyer's only responsibility. A seller's responsibility is to get it to the buyer...I still don't have it though
Old 10-21-2012, 04:16 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:

As said above: you can believe anything you want. If you want to investigate further, be my guest!

I wasn't sure whether he was shipping via PayPal or not...I typically ship via Stamps.com, so I wasn't expecting an email saying it had been shipped.

There is no error on my end. I paid. I waited. I haven't received.

Where did I go wrong?
Old 10-21-2012, 05:37 AM   #17 (permalink)

I have no dog in this fight.

God Bless.
Hobby Shop Owner in Wells, ME

nhsportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I think as a buyer you have the responsibility to pay quickly and fully and to provide the correct shipping location. You also should have clear communication with the buyer if things aren't going smoothly. Waiting that long puts you in a hole. Good luck getting this figured out.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:

Agreed, there's something missing here. I will also vouch for the seller!
Bottom9th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalaxyfan23 View Post
I'd have to agree. Honestly, I think his intentions were right, and I truly do believe that he sent the card both times. My question is:

Who is it to blame? I don't believe he put insurance on it (and even if he did, USPS would just claim that it said "delivered"), I don't have the card I paid for, and he shipped it!

Hmmm...
Didn't you say he sent via PayPal? If he did, it is your responsibility to make sure that the address is accurate. If he sent to an address listed on your PayPal account I cannot see how he is accountable here. When I moved I forgot to change my primary shipping address and was fortunate the situation worked out. That was on me.

Sometimes it is impossible to put definitive blame on one of the involved parties. I have been there as a shipper and as the person receiving. As a shipper I have sent things to confirmed addresses only to have the USPS deliver an item to the wrong address. This includes insured items sent with DC. Between moves I had items sent to a family member. The mail carrier was notorious for delivering things to the wrong address. I had three incoming items (all insured with DC) delivered to the wrong address. Of course the USPS says the item was delivered. Fortunately for me when I spoke to the local Postmaster she realized something was wrong. She personally contacted others in the area, confirmed my story, and fixed the situation. I was also fortunate to have locals take the high road and get the mail to the correct address rather than keep what was not theirs.
RITM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #21 (permalink)

I am the seller. I will be happy to share my side of the story late tonight or early Monday as soon as I'm home and on my computer. I got wind of this last night and wanted to pop in. I'm posting from my phone while out of state for a wedding right now.
The Card Album is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RITM View Post
Didn't you say he sent via PayPal? If he did, it is your responsibility to make sure that the address is accurate. If he sent to an address listed on your PayPal account I cannot see how he is accountable here. When I moved I forgot to change my primary shipping address and was fortunate the situation worked out. That was on me.

Sometimes it is impossible to put definitive blame on one of the involved parties. I have been there as a shipper and as the person receiving. As a shipper I have sent things to confirmed addresses only to have the USPS deliver an item to the wrong address. This includes insured items sent with DC. Between moves I had items sent to a family member. The mail carrier was notorious for delivering things to the wrong address. I had three incoming items (all insured with DC) delivered to the wrong address. Of course the USPS says the item was delivered. Fortunately for me when I spoke to the local Postmaster she realized something was wrong. She personally contacted others in the area, confirmed my story, and fixed the situation. I was also fortunate to have locals take the high road and get the mail to the correct address rather than keep what was not theirs.
Yes I did. He claimed he sent it to my PayPal address, however it wound up in a 98027 address! Regardless of whatever address he shipped to, the address the package actually arrived in is in a completely different zip code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Card Album View Post
I am the seller. I will be happy to share my side of the story late tonight or early Monday as soon as I'm home and on my computer. I got wind of this last night and wanted to pop in. I'm posting from my phone while out of state for a wedding right now.
Please do! I sent you a PM, and I'm surprised you haven't made that your first priority to respond to it so we can figure things out.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:31 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom9th View Post
Agreed, there's something missing here. I will also vouch for the seller!
Have you dealt with him before too?
Old 10-22-2012, 01:52 AM   #24 (permalink)

What an odd situation, I've never seen so many people with no feedback defending a seller.
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:16 AM   #25 (permalink)

All these monkeys are in it all together.