Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #251 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I said no true retailer suggest making a profit off shipping. If they want to recoup costs of shipping thats fine. But if you want to give Amazon a call and ask if set their shipping costs as a revenue generation, Im more than confident they will tell you they dont set prices on shipping on the sole purpose of profitting from it.

BTW, if they charge $3.99 for shipping a book, how much does is cost them?

Amazon.ca Help: Domestic Shipping Rates

They charge $2.99 to ship a book from amazon.ca. At $3, Im pretty sure the cost of Canada post postage, plus shipping supplies and their time, they are not making any profit. Infact Im willing to bet they take a loss by the time you add up overhead cost to get that book to me.
But remember, everyone says that their time shouldnt figure into the price, I have seen that over and over on these boards. At 3.00 for shipping nobody on ebay makes a profit either, but so many people on here ding them for that price.
Army19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #252 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army19K View Post
But remember, everyone says that their time shouldnt figure into the price, I have seen that over and over on these boards. At 3.00 for shipping nobody on ebay makes a profit either, but so many people on here ding them for that price.
Nor should they be. I dont think 3.99 is the issue. I think $12+ for a $3 service is though. That also warrant such feedback on dsr. Everyone has their threshold. Mine happens to be around the 600% or more mark on profitting off shipping personally.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:29 AM   #253 (permalink)

Quote:
I check out your auctions all the time especially around a new product release.

On a single card, you charge $4.49 shipping to Canada. I find nothing wrong with that. Infact I dont think your sole purpose of setting your shipping fees are to profit from them. You arent the seller im voicing my opinion against.

My question to you is, 1. Why do you charge that amount for shipping to Canada? Why not more? Im asking this question to understand the logic behind charging excessively to profit from shipping.
right, we agree that there are excessive charges
and I don't think they should be, wasn't directing to you
just those that say all sellers should be at free to maybe $2, I don't buy it

....also, not at you, but no one has mentioned self-insuring costs of shipping...a couple years back ebay did remove the option to add insurance or require it and make buyers pay and said that sellers could self-insure or pay for the costs themselves, that also 'might' should factor in.
I basically try to charge a flat amount above my shipping costs and supplies for handling/etc, so that translate to the $4.49 Canada, since postage for 1oz is $3 plus the extras
I also stopped shipping to canada for 2 1/2 years do to so many 'lost' packages and charge backs thru paypal. I had been asked 100s of times to reconsider from buyers so I did although it is a risk still...anyhow besides the point

take care all....can't see much more to add to this topic
and set your shipping where you feel comfortable as a seller and hopefully those buying are comfortable with it prior to bidding or buying
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #254 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrb1 View Post
Whats not to understand about stealing from me. This is a 2 way street, not the one and only way the 80% of these replies are.

Why should I have to reiterate myself? I have said the same thing quite a few times.

I am not wrong. Stealing from me is wrong.

I could care less that everyone is ganging up on me cause the fact is they don't like people like me, who say and show how it is. I guess the truth hurts

So I am assuming the next thing will be that I am a bad business person, or a bad trader, or a bad seller, or a bad buyer because I can voice my opinion.

Just because I know what your shipping charges are doesn't mean I have to like them, but I do have to comply with them. If I feel your a making an unnecessary profit on me I will show my disatisfaction by dinging your SHIPPING CHARGES DSR.

To be honest, I don't care what any of you think, It is my freedom to do as I choose in a free enterprise. I am not abusing the system, but because it happened to you it's abuse.

Now, I will not repeat myself again.
I've said some really stupid stuff on BO, but you sir take the cake.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #255 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
I've said some really stupid stuff on BO, but you sir take the cake.
Welcome to the Hotel Hell! Check-in time is now. Checkout time is never!
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #256 (permalink)

I am making a conscious decision to poke the bear. I accept the responsibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBay
Congratulations! You've achieved Top Rated seller status, meeting eBay's US seller performance standards. To make buyers aware of your commitment to customer service, eBay will identify you as a Top Rated seller and provide some boost to your listings in Best Match. You are also now eligible to opt-in to eBay's new managed returns process.

In addition, eBay has protected your seller performance status as you received multiple low detailed seller ratings or cases from a small number of buyers, which is inconsistent with your excellent performance on eBay. We have excluded these ratings from consideration in your performance evaluation.

In conclusion ... never give up kids. Never give up.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #257 (permalink)

Heartfelt congratulations for your perserverance. Let's hope that Ebay suspended the latest Jrb1 Ebay Account for leaving too many low DSR's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
I am making a conscious decision to poke the bear. I accept the responsibility.

In conclusion ... never give up kids. Never give up.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:15 AM   #258 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Congrats bud! Makes me happy!
houdini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:15 PM   #259 (permalink)

Imagine him buying from comc, I have 62 cards in my account and it's going to cost something near $17 to ship. But I knew that going into the website some im fine with it. He'd have a heart attack
mfisher27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #260 (permalink)

As a final note, and I will not revisit this thread ... it has come to my attention that the eBay user that caused this stink (rmj69260) has been suspended. This was more than likely a direct result of using the "Report a Buyer" feature on eBay, to let them know he was consistently leaving low DSRs. Apparently I was just one of many who reported him. Props to the folks at the Bay for improving customer relations with their sellers!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #261 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

houdini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #262 (permalink)

jrb1, you could be next! It is up to you.

Quote:
As a final note, and I will not revisit this thread ... it has come to my attention that the eBay user that caused this stink (rmj69260) has been suspended. This was more than likely a direct result of using the "Report a Buyer" feature on eBay, to let them know he was consistently leaving low DSRs. Apparently I was just one of many who reported him. Props to the folks at the Bay for improving customer relations with their sellers!
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #263 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfisher27 View Post
Imagine him buying from comc, I have 62 cards in my account and it's going to cost something near $17 to ship. But I knew that going into the website some im fine with it. He'd have a heart attack
I have 285 cards in my COMC account right now, ughhhhhhhhhhhh.Around $75 dollars to ship. But I look at it this way. If I bought 285 cards on the bay at lets say $2 a pop to ship...well you can do the math. And COMC IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST SHIPPERS IN THE BIZ TODAY, PROTECTION WISE.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #264 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Yay!! Back to excessive shipping to make a profit!!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:55 AM   #265 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to jpleazme

Quote:
I think COMC shipping prices are to cover shipping & handling...

they charge you to pull the cards & then combine them into one envelope/package to ship... I was shipped somewhere around 28 shipping, which should of been about $5-6 shipping priority mail with the weight of the cards.. they were not in individual top loaders.. only the outside cards.. the rest were in pennysleeves & put in between the toploaders with a teambag around them...

I still like COMC's shipping method, not the shipping prices... it adds up very quickly.. I got over 20 cards waiting shipping.. waiting to buy some more cards, before I actually ship them.. because if you ship only a few cards at at time, you will be killed on all that shipping costs...

I been selling on ebay for the last 4-5 months.. I charge $1.95 which is the default shipping charge for 3oz bubblemailer... I actually get charged shipping $1.64... I buy my packing supplies at a discount store (5 bubblemailers for $0.99 **can't beat that price)... packing tape $0.99 a roll... I lose almost no money in shipping costs..

I get hit with ebay/paypal fees more than anything.. I hate that ebay waits & bills you.. instead of taking out ebay fees after each transaction/payment..
ULTIMATE 06-07 TRIPLE "PATCHES + JERSEYS"
SANTA BARBARA, CA 805 => SAN DIEGO 619
jpleazme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #266 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpleazme View Post

they charge you to pull the cards & then combine them into one envelope/package to ship... I was shipped somewhere around 28 shipping, which should of been about $5-6 shipping priority mail with the weight of the cards.. they were not in individual top loaders.. only the outside cards.. the rest were in pennysleeves & put in between the toploaders with a teambag around them...

I still like COMC's shipping method, not the shipping prices... it adds up very quickly.. I got over 20 cards waiting shipping.. waiting to buy some more cards, before I actually ship them.. because if you ship only a few cards at at time, you will be killed on all that shipping costs...

I been selling on ebay for the last 4-5 months.. I charge $1.95 which is the default shipping charge for 3oz bubblemailer... I actually get charged shipping $1.64... I buy my packing supplies at a discount store (5 bubblemailers for $0.99 **can't beat that price)... packing tape $0.99 a roll... I lose almost no money in shipping costs..

I get hit with ebay/paypal fees more than anything.. I hate that ebay waits & bills you.. instead of taking out ebay fees after each transaction/payment..
Yes you can haha. You can get them in bulk on eBay for about 10 cents per. Savings add up, trust me
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #267 (permalink)

Quote:
I said I wouldn't come back to this thread, but ... good grief. : plants palm onto forehead :

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpleazme View Post
He wasn't referring to COMC shipping costs. He thinks $2.50 + $0.50 per add'l card is an excessive shipping charge. (FTR, I now charge $0.25 per add'l card.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Yes you can haha. You can get them in bulk on eBay for about 10 cents per. Savings add up, trust me
I bought 500 for about 8 cents per mailer on eBay back in September. I've noticed going through them that about 10% of the envelopes were glued incorrectly on the inside, making them too narrow to hold even a single card. Probably will be seeking out a different vendor for my next purchase ... would be willing to pay 10-12 cents per mailer to get better quality.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #268 (permalink)

Quote:
I said I wouldn't come back to this thread, but ... good grief. : plants palm onto forehead :

He wasn't referring to COMC shipping costs. He thinks $2.50 + $0.50 per add'l card is an excessive shipping charge. (FTR, I now charge $0.25 per add'l card.)

I bought 500 for about 8 cents per mailer on eBay back in September. I've noticed going through them that about 10% of the envelopes were glued incorrectly on the inside, making them too narrow to hold even a single card. Probably will be seeking out a different vendor for my next purchase ... would be willing to pay 10-12 cents per mailer to get better quality.
Amazon.com: 250 #000 4 x 8 PREMIUM US MADE KRAFT BUBBLE MAILERS PADDED ENVELOPE BAGS: Office Products

Was happy with the quality of these mailers, the glue held very well and did not need to be reinforced with more tape after sealing.
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #269 (permalink)
Banned

I really like the polymere bubble mailers. I bought 100 of them on ebay for $16 ($21 shipped). The only place I can buy them here is at the post office for $1.79 each which I do from time to time because I really need to ship it out quick.