Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrb1 View Post
All I did was refute your statement, obviously you didn't like it. Just like I may not like inflated shipping costs.

Shipping 4 cards cost a whole $1.94 with all supplies. Why would I leave a 3 4 or 5 for you doubling up on me? Just because I see your shipping policy doesn't mean I have to like it.

I am with the buyer on this one, Your wrong, plain and simple, and thats why ebay is cracking down on shipping charges. Soon they will be regulating charges. Whats the difference between what your doing and stealing?
OK, you said $1.94. Show me the breakdown.
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Respectfully, you are being a self absorbed fool.

It is smart business to have a shipping cost policy like the one that you are offering BUT YOU HAVE NO GOD GIVEN RIGHT to ding DSR's for sellers that clearly state their shipping method, shipping cost and follow through with a well packaged card in a timely manner.

True collectors need to look out for each other these days with the multitude of jackalopes and scammers. With your attitude you should not be entrusted with anybody's business and that is why I am blocking you.

If I saw somebody charge $4.00 for postage I would do something so incredibly unique, I would decide if I was willing to pay the total cost (bid + postage) for what I was bidding on. To place a bid and then later ding DSR's is a flat out act of Cowardice.

Sorry if this "feedback" hurts. It should.
You are a complete Jerk. I can do what I need to do. I am the buyer, in retail the buyer is ALWAYS right. However I sell 10 fold what I buy on ebay. In all honesty if you think $4 is fair for a 3 oz package you are clueless. I am also assuming you do the same thing and that is why you are so defensive on this subject.

Just because I know his shipping charge DOESN'T mean I have to like it. If its something rare, I have to suck it up and deal, but I am gonna use my ability to voice my opinion. If everyone's DSR was supposed to be 5s there would be no DSR. According to ebay I could leave a negative feedback for it, because as they told me "the buyer had a negative experience."
Jrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89Giants View Post
I completely agree with Jrb1(seems like nobody else does). If I want an item, and the shipping is $4(when it really costs $1.64), I would probably give a 1 for shipping, 5's for everything else. $4 to ship 4 cards is a joke. I charge $1.75 for up to 4 cards, sometimes $2. Just because the buyer agreed to pay that doesnt mean they like it! Leaving appropriate stars will eventually get the OP to change his tune.
I hear what you guys are saying, and perhaps you are right ... but please for the love ... if you charge $1.75 to ship 4 cards, then you are losing money.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #29 (permalink)

How so? It's $1.64 to ship and if you use used supplies and a used bubble mailer you are making 11 cents...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
I hear what you guys are saying, and perhaps you are right ... but please for the love ... if you charge $1.75 to ship 4 cards, then you are losing money.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I have a max of $5, because I am going to ship 11 cards in a small flat-rate box.

I'm starting to become concerned that you have no knowledge of capitalism whatsoever.
Yea well I am the guy that cares about my ebay store & my customers. So I guess I know 0 about capitalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89Giants View Post
I completely agree with Jrb1(seems like nobody else does). If I want an item, and the shipping is $4(when it really costs $1.64), I would probably give a 1 for shipping, 5's for everything else. $4 to ship 4 cards is a joke. I charge $1.75 for up to 4 cards, sometimes $2. Just because the buyer agreed to pay that doesnt mean they like it! Leaving appropriate stars will eventually get the OP to change his tune.
Touche
Old 10-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
How so? It's $1.64 to ship and if you use used supplies and a used bubble mailer you are making 11 cents...
Used supplies? I don't understand. Are you saying these supplies never cost you anything at any point in time?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #32 (permalink)

I buy cards as well as sell...the cards I buy come in supplies...I reuse those supplies when I sell. Pretty simple.

Quote:
Used supplies? I don't understand. Are you saying these supplies never cost you anything at any point in time?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
100% correct

Let's say you use new supplies
Top Loader $.04
Penny Sleeve $.005
Bubble Mailer 000 $.06 00 $.11

No reason single card shipping should be above $2
Old 10-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #34 (permalink)

The buyer is not always right and to take that attitude reflects an enormous lack of integrity on your part. 99% of the collecting world knows that your behavior is deplorable.

Where does this large of sense of entitlement (in your case) come from?

Quote:
You are a complete Jerk. I can do what I need to do. I am the buyer, in retail the buyer is ALWAYS right. However I sell 10 fold what I buy on ebay. In all honesty if you think $4 is fair for a 3 oz package you are clueless. I am also assuming you do the same thing and that is why you are so defensive on this subject.

Just because I know his shipping charge DOESN'T mean I have to like it. If its something rare, I have to suck it up and deal, but I am gonna use my ability to voice my opinion. If everyone's DSR was supposed to be 5s there would be no DSR. According to ebay I could leave a negative feedback for it, because as they told me "the buyer had a negative experience."
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #35 (permalink)

Everybody is forgetting Ebay Final Value Fees and Paypal Fees that you must pay on postage. This is approx $.25-$.30 per transaction if charging $2.00 for postage.

Quote:
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #36 (permalink)

Ship for free then. My Goodness...if people can't afford $1.64 then they should not be selling cards.

Quote:
Everybody is forgetting Ebay Final Value Fees and Paypal Fees that you must pay on postage. This is approx $.25-$.30 per transaction if charging $2.00 for postage.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Oh so I should have to pay for his fees too? I want what you are smoking my friend.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #38 (permalink)

Alright, this thread went the way that these threads all eventually go ... down the toilet. For my own sanity this will be my last post and viewing ... but I would like to leave here with a final thought.

Those of you who say a seller is stealing from a buyer by charging more than his exact material cost ... I will say it again, you ignored the "reasonable handling charges" portion of eBay's description completely. The amount of that charge is certainly up for interpretation, but it's in there, so don't pretend like it isn't.

I never intended to start a flame war, so again ... my apologies for coming across as arrogant or rude or whatever.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #39 (permalink)

I typically would ship for free. I want no part of the DSR drama. This strategy makes it very tough to sell cards under $5 and make any money.

I just feel the need to be the defender of common sense when an Ebay Cowboy says they will ding DSR's for shipping costs that they do not like.

Quote:
Ship for free then. My Goodness...if people can't afford $1.64 then they should not be selling cards.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
I buy cards as well as sell...the cards I buy come in supplies...I reuse those supplies when I sell. Pretty simple.
One more response then ... so you didn't pay for those supplies when you bought those cards? Of course you did.

Alright ... 10-4.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Alright, this thread went the way that these threads all eventually go ... down the toilet. For my own sanity this will be my last post and viewing ... but I would like to leave here with a final thought.

Those of you who say a seller is stealing from a buyer by charging more than his exact material cost ... I will say it again, you ignored the "reasonable handling charges" portion of eBay's description completely. The amount of that charge is certainly up for interpretation, but it's in there, so don't pretend like it isn't.

I never intended to start a flame war, so again ... my apologies for coming across as arrogant or rude or whatever.
Thank you.

No hard feelings bud, just voicing my 2 pennies.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:52 PM   #42 (permalink)

Of course not, but to simply say the seller is only incurring $1.75 to ship a card is incorrect.

Quote:
Oh so I should have to pay for his fees too? I want what you are smoking my friend.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I typically would ship for free. I want no part of the DSR drama. This strategy makes it very tough to sell cards under $5 and make any money.

I just feel the need to be the defender of common sense when an Ebay Cowboy says they will ding DSR's for shipping costs that they do not like.
What you need to see is that your DSR is in your hands, not the buyers. However I agree with the bolded statement since I sell alot of that cheap stuff. 99% of the time those aren't the guys leaving low DSRs.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #44 (permalink)

Huh???

No...I purchased the card.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way but it seems like you are someone who needs to account for every single penny. The real world doesn't work like that.

This is just my opinion but charging $4.00+ for shipping 10-15 cards or less is highway robbery. The way I counter that is I just don't buy from those types of sellers. I would never ding anyone's DSR's if they clearly state what their shipping policy's are.

Again...hope you are not offended by any of what I just said...they are just my opinions.

Quote:
One more response then ... so you didn't pay for those supplies when you bought those cards? Of course you did.

Alright ... 10-4.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #45 (permalink)

Agree that it is in the seller's hands, but why is it so important to you to leave crappy DSR's? If the total price is good buy the card. What am I missing?

Quote:
What you need to see is that your DSR is in your hands, not the buyers. However I agree with the bolded statement since I sell alot of that cheap stuff. 99% of the time those aren't the guys leaving low DSRs.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Agree that it is in the seller's hands, but why is it so important to you to leave crappy DSR's? If the total price is good buy the card. What am I missing?
I can understand that, but why should it be $2 more than it should? I know your playing the opposite side of the coin that I am but we could go on with this thread for weeks.

It's not a crappy DSR if its deserved. That should have nothing to do what the auction value is. If the DSR is for shipping policy then its a little bit tricky. but its not, the DSR is for shipping charge. I have the right to show my pleasure/displeasure.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
I can understand that, but why should it be $2 more than it should? I know your playing the opposite side of the coin that I am but we could go on with this thread for weeks.

It's not a crappy DSR if its deserved. That should have nothing to do what the auction value is. If the DSR is for shipping policy then its a little bit tricky. but its not, the DSR is for shipping charge. I have the right to show my pleasure/displeasure.
Please post your eBay ID.

Thanks
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
Please post your eBay ID.

Thanks
hmmm another one overcharging trying to protect themselves.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
hmmm another one overcharging trying to protect themselves.
lol

No I offer free shipping. But I prefer to avoid buyers like you.
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
lol

No I offer free shipping. But I prefer to avoid buyers like you.
Avoid people who don't wanna be taken? if your shipping is $3 or less you have nothing to be weary about.

Last edited by Jrb1; 10-28-2012 at 07:11 PM.