Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my house
Posts: 9,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrb1 View Post
Oh so I should have to pay for his fees too? I want what you are smoking my friend.
Its X-Mas in October
__________________
Always looking for Gridiron Kings cards. Framed,Autos,Jerseys and Patches.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #52 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
I hear what you guys are saying, and perhaps you are right ... but please for the love ... if you charge $1.75 to ship 4 cards, then you are losing money.
If you're worried about losing money then you shouldn't be into sports cards. Unless you hit the 1/1 Lebron/Jordan dual auto logoman or some Jordan or Kobe PMG or a Ruth cut you will lose money.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
Craig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ridgeway, ON
Posts: 1,555
Default

This was an interesting read, and I guess I fall somewhere in the middle.

I'm not out to ding DSRs, and I don't have a sliding scale like that used by Jrb. However, I do think that even if we agree to pay the seller's shipping fee as stated, it should not mean that we acquiesce to five-star ratings for shipping. If someone is charging $5 for a card that costs no more than $2.50 for postage and supplies, I may still make the purchase because I need the card. I would then either ding their DSR, or (more likely) drop them a note afterwards to let them know that they should consider lowering those rates.

For the record, I give 5 stars probably 99% of the time. I just think making a buy shouldn't preclude you from dinging sellers on shipping costs. I'm also pretty lenient in this area because many American sellers often have no idea what to charge for Canadian buyers, so it's a case more of ignorance than of orvercharging.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #54 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

People like Jrb1 is what is ruining sellers on eBay, and he isn't the only one with a system like that. I had a buyer long ago had this rule for shipping time (he dinged me for shipping next day, mind you payment came at 7pm, I asked him why and he told me this is his system).

Same day shipping 5 star
Next day 4 star
Two day 3 star
Anything else 1 star

I wouldn't care, but DSR ratings have gotten sellers banned because having a 4.7 DSR, I mean if target treats you like crap, buyer will be right but they won't have their store close down over it. There is a difference between treating a buyer right as a big corporation, and from being a seller on eBay just trying to get some extra cash.

Last edited by nuccionino; 10-28-2012 at 08:50 PM.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #55 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
If you're worried about losing money then you shouldn't be into sports cards. Unless you hit the 1/1 Lebron/Jordan dual auto logoman or some Jordan or Kobe PMG or a Ruth cut you will lose money.
Except he, and many people in this hobby makes money in this hobby.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #56 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,141
Default

Jrb1 still waiting for the ebay id to block
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #57 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Except he, and many people in this hobby makes money in this hobby.
Except he said "you will lose money" and I don't see anyone make money (locally) unless they sell vintage cards.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:45 PM   #58 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
Except he said "you will lose money" and I don't see anyone make money (locally) unless they sell vintage cards.
I made money at my garage sale selling base cards haha I mean come on
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
I made money at my garage sale selling base cards haha I mean come on
More than what you paid for the boxes? (of course if you bought boxes, I only bought packs as a kid with a box for christmas every couple years)
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:58 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnMabry47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,261
Default

To the many I have now "blocked" from this thread...please feel free to NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM ME EVER. Block me, ignore me, throw darts at my photos...i don't care.

My TIME is worth money...my supplies are worth money. 2.50 with 50 cents extra to a cap of $4 is what I do. It's more than reasonable and I'm not "making money" off my shipping.

America...the land of entitlement and morons. Do you think Amazon and Walmart only charge you exact shipping? Nope..they add this little thing called handling...

Good day, and block away, dumbasses.
__________________
Ignore list on Blowout: 182 and counting! Keep up the great work!
Always interested in STL Cardinals autos/sps/patches
JohnMabry47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnMabry47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
The buyer is not always right and to take that attitude reflects an enormous lack of integrity on your part. 99% of the collecting world knows that your behavior is deplorable.

Where does this large of sense of entitlement (in your case) come from?
Correct...the customer is NOT always right. They have a right to be informed. I have trained customer service for the last 15 years for a major corporation...so please, if anyone would like to debate this with me, I welcome it.


I ship next day, no exceptions. To me, that kind of service is worth something. If not...enjoy your PWE and 7-10 day handling times from sellers who offer "free" shipping. Ever hear the phrase "you get what you pay for"?
__________________
Ignore list on Blowout: 182 and counting! Keep up the great work!
Always interested in STL Cardinals autos/sps/patches

Last edited by JohnMabry47; 10-29-2012 at 12:10 AM.
JohnMabry47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #62 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 3,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
People like Jrb1 is what is ruining sellers on eBay, and he isn't the only one with a system like that. I had a buyer long ago had this rule for shipping time (he dinged me for shipping next day, mind you payment came at 7pm, I asked him why and he told me this is his system).

Same day shipping 5 star
Next day 4 star
Two day 3 star
Anything else 1 star

I wouldn't care, but DSR ratings have gotten sellers banned because having a 4.7 DSR, I mean if target treats you like crap, buyer will be right but they won't have their store close down over it. There is a difference between treating a buyer right as a big corporation, and from being a seller on eBay just trying to get some extra cash.
No sellers who overcharge for shipping ruin ebay for buyers. Like I had said in previous posts I am a top rated power seller with discount and sell 10x's the amount I buy. I never cry over something stupid like receiving a DSR ding, I'd have more to complain about as well being I charge $2, it happens, deal with it. You have no right to manipulate my experience and tell me that I can't show my satisfaction. That's what the DSR is there for, Its feedback for the MAIN components in a transaction. Sellers that ROB buyers are what is wrong with ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
Jrb1 still waiting for the ebay id to block
I wouldn't hold my breathe.
Jrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:20 AM   #63 (permalink)
BlowoutTV
 
houdini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 19,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrb1 View Post
Yes I would, its easier for me to buy 4 cards from 1 seller, I am allowed to share my experience, and I will. my break down

$2 - free 5 star
$2.01-$3.00 4 star
$3.01 - $3.50 3 star
$3.51 - $4.00 2 star
$4+ 1 star

4 cards cost $1.64 to ship, adding a mailer and supplies its still under $2, why should you double up @ my expense.

If you think thats unreasonable, maybe ebay isnt the place for you. I am not trying to be rude, just throwing you my 2 pennies.
So, you would not sell a 4 card lot and charge $2.50 shipping?

I think you would. Do you think you deserve a 4 star rating?

How about a single card and charge $2.50 shipping? That is more than the OP charges. Do you do that?
__________________
Ustream Link
Breakers.TV Link
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:28 AM   #64 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 3,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
So, you would not sell a 4 card lot and charge $2.50 shipping?

I think you would. Do you think you deserve a 4 star rating?
I charge $2 for shipping no matter how many are bought, unless it gets to a point that a flat rate has to be used. Then I charge $5.50. I like my stuff selling for a premium, and i want to keep it that way.

I'm still scratching my head that my buying habits are "whats wrong with buyers."

I have no problem reiterating it since only a handful think similar to me. Making $2 extra on shipping from me is just a good as stealing. I shouldn't be responsible for someone else's fees. I have the right to leave an honest DSR, which it is honest. $2 extra on 2500 items a month is $5000, $60K in a year, yet I am whats wrong

I am not abusing anything, Overcharging the buyer is the abuse, and that needs to come to an end, and maybe buyers will be more respectful of the seller becoming more reasonable.

Point that finger right back at yourself.
Jrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:50 AM   #65 (permalink)
BlowoutTV
 
houdini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 19,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrb1 View Post
I charge $2 for shipping no matter how many are bought, unless it gets to a point that a flat rate has to be used. Then I charge $5.50. I like my stuff selling for a premium, and i want to keep it that way.

I'm still scratching my head that my buying habits are "whats wrong with buyers."

I have no problem reiterating it since only a handful think similar to me. Making $2 extra on shipping from me is just a good as stealing. I shouldn't be responsible for someone else's fees. I have the right to leave an honest DSR, which it is honest. $2 extra on 2500 items a month is $5000, $60K in a year, yet I am whats wrong

I am not abusing anything, Overcharging the buyer is the abuse, and that needs to come to an end, and maybe buyers will be more respectful of the seller becoming more reasonable.

Point that finger right back at yourself.
Actually, I can say you are not being honest. Do you think I did not know the answers before I asked?

Now, I do not think your shipping rates are high, but I do know you are not being honest. Seemed obvious when you refused to back it up.

You have great feedback and you usually leave positive feedback - although I cannot know what DSR's you leave.

I have no dog in this fight at all and do not mean you any ill will, but you did lie.

Not all your auctions are free shipping and you charge $2.50 for 1 card - more than the OP.

EDIT: $2.50 is same as the OP, not more.
__________________
Ustream Link
Breakers.TV Link

Last edited by houdini; 10-29-2012 at 01:56 AM.
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:14 AM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
jimssouvenirs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 5,544
Default

Oh myyyyyyy gosh, baby let me - I did it again, so ima let the beat drop

BGS 9 5 2011 Topps Five Star Mark Ingram 3 Color Patch Autograph 54 65 10 Auto | eBay




The ignore list is also my favorite function of this site. The block list is a great tool on Ebay as well.
__________________
Theme of the Night: Song Lyrics
jimssouvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:15 AM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrb1 View Post
You are a complete Jerk. I can do what I need to do. I am the buyer, in retail the buyer is ALWAYS right. However I sell 10 fold what I buy on ebay. In all honesty if you think $4 is fair for a 3 oz package you are clueless. I am also assuming you do the same thing and that is why you are so defensive on this subject.

Just because I know his shipping charge DOESN'T mean I have to like it. If its something rare, I have to suck it up and deal, but I am gonna use my ability to voice my opinion. If everyone's DSR was supposed to be 5s there would be no DSR. According to ebay I could leave a negative feedback for it, because as they told me "the buyer had a negative experience."
Okay I have to reply to the part in bold. Umm no, sir. The buyer is not ALWAYS right. I work in retail and have for 4 years and I can assure you that 98% of the time the buyer/customer is wrong. Companies/sellers SAY the customer is always right. They let you THINK you're right and give you what you want just so they can get it over with. I'm not taking sides here with this whole shipping issue, just been reading the thread. But your statement was completely ludicrous. In my experience people with that mentality have always treated the seller/customer service employee like absolute dirt.
Davesportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,188
Default

Don't really have a problem with the $2.50 shipping for 1 card...I'd probably balk at buying anything though, just because I would feel the additional card at 50 cents per additional is high, but thats just me

Back to the original topic - boils down to the interpretation of reasonable charge, which obviously mean diofferent things to different people...but if the terms are laid out and the buyer chooses to accept them, then I don't think they have a reason to gripe and ding the DSR, esp not down to a 2....I could see a 4 possibly, but nothing less than that...

oh, I did think of a reason I would ding a DSR for shipping charge....

THIS DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE THE CASE IN THIS TOPIC AND DOES NOT REFLECT UPON THE OP...JUST MY OPINION OF WHY I WOULD DING A SHIPPING CHARGE DSR!!!

I would ding someone that low if I paid $2.00 + for shipping and it showed up in a PWE...
__________________
Not looking for anything specific...usually will just looks through buckets and lists to see what catches my eye.
http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/cardpic
PC: Yao Ming, Chicago Teams, Jessica Burciaga
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
Craig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ridgeway, ON
Posts: 1,555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMabry47 View Post
To the many I have now "blocked" from this thread...please feel free to NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM ME EVER. Block me, ignore me, throw darts at my photos...i don't care.

My TIME is worth money...my supplies are worth money. 2.50 with 50 cents extra to a cap of $4 is what I do. It's more than reasonable and I'm not "making money" off my shipping.

America...the land of entitlement and morons. Do you think Amazon and Walmart only charge you exact shipping? Nope..they add this little thing called handling...

Good day, and block away, dumbasses.

We don't have photos of you...

Really, I get what you're saying and I agree about the "time is money" piece of your argument. I would only say that, while I am unlikely to ding anyone unless they're charging me $5 for a $2 package, buyers should retain the right to do so. The problem is that Ebay doesn't force us as buyers to justify our ratings - I've been on the other end of a low DSR for no justifiable reason, and I know that it stinks.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 10,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
We don't have photos of you...

Really, I get what you're saying and I agree about the "time is money" piece of your argument. I would only say that, while I am unlikely to ding anyone unless they're charging me $5 for a $2 package, buyers should retain the right to do so. The problem is that Ebay doesn't force us as buyers to justify our ratings - I've been on the other end of a low DSR for no justifiable reason, and I know that it stinks.
Finally decided to jump back into this thread ...

I would say that even this is not the problem. The real issue is that eBay gives singular buyers the power to take down a seller. I am all for buyers being able to rate sellers' performances. But eBay's implementation of this gives too much power to the buyers, and oftentimes leaves sellers powerless.

In my situation -- you know what, if the buyer was unhappy with my shipping charges, then let him ding away. But ding only one card, don't ding all four. I effectively charged the buyer $0.50 to ship cards 2-4, and he gave me 2's on those. Even a 1 and three 3's would have been more justifiable than what he did.
__________________
================================================================
~~~~~~ Looking for ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/50 or less) ~~~~~~
================================================================
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnMabry47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,261
Default

LOL. I'm glad those photos have been destroyed

You weren't one of the ones I have the issue with, as you are obviously competent and rational.

Completely agree that buyers should have that right...the unfortunate part is when it is "abused" by "cardboard crusaders" such as the those that will ding a seller's dsr simply based on opinion, with no attempt to contact the seller to share those concerns.

As a seller, I now have zero way to publicly show a buyer as negligent...however, the seller has the feedback system as well as DSR's.

If someone doesn't agree with shipping or combined shipping, take your business elsewhere. Don't hide behind an anonymous system while harming sellers who are more than clear in their business practices. Instead, we have examples like "patient zero" in this thread, who will buy, ding the ratings based on their crusade, and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
We don't have photos of you...

Really, I get what you're saying and I agree about the "time is money" piece of your argument. I would only say that, while I am unlikely to ding anyone unless they're charging me $5 for a $2 package, buyers should retain the right to do so. The problem is that Ebay doesn't force us as buyers to justify our ratings - I've been on the other end of a low DSR for no justifiable reason, and I know that it stinks.
__________________
Ignore list on Blowout: 182 and counting! Keep up the great work!
Always interested in STL Cardinals autos/sps/patches
JohnMabry47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #72 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 10,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
Don't really have a problem with the $2.50 shipping for 1 card...I'd probably balk at buying anything though, just because I would feel the additional card at 50 cents per additional is high, but thats just me

Back to the original topic - boils down to the interpretation of reasonable charge, which obviously mean diofferent things to different people...but if the terms are laid out and the buyer chooses to accept them, then I don't think they have a reason to gripe and ding the DSR, esp not down to a 2....I could see a 4 possibly, but nothing less than that...
Consider that it would have cost the buyer $8-$10 in shipping to buy the cards from 4 different buyers. Is $0.50 per card really all that much?

For the record, I have since come down to $0.25 per card for combined shipping.
__________________
================================================================
~~~~~~ Looking for ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/50 or less) ~~~~~~
================================================================
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #73 (permalink)
BlowoutTV
 
houdini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 19,472
Default

I hate it when someone throws mud and lies, but then I ask a few questions and they disappear...

What happened to all that righteous anger and "Point that finger right back at yourself" stuff?
__________________
Ustream Link
Breakers.TV Link
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 10,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
I hate it when someone throws mud and lies, but then I ask a few questions and they disappear...

What happened to all that righteous anger and "Point that finger right back at yourself" stuff?
Give him some time, I'm sure he will come back.
__________________
================================================================
~~~~~~ Looking for ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/50 or less) ~~~~~~
================================================================
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #75 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnMabry47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,261
Default

Logic is Kryptonite to most of the self-righteous dipsh@ts on these boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
I hate it when someone throws mud and lies, but then I ask a few questions and they disappear...

What happened to all that righteous anger and "Point that finger right back at yourself" stuff?
__________________
Ignore list on Blowout: 182 and counting! Keep up the great work!
Always interested in STL Cardinals autos/sps/patches
JohnMabry47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.