Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #151 (permalink)
BlowoutTV
 
houdini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 21,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I have an idea. How about sellers be more transparent in their description and ebay force them state any profits they make off shipping as profiting from shipping is against ebay policies. If you want to play symantics and hide them under "Handling fees" then you are already playing the dirty game and deserve what you have coming. Atleast this way buyers are not left standing there wondering if there was any miscommunication?

The card industry did this with the "All in pricing" so that way there were no hidden costs and everything was broken out.

Following this method, a seller should put in the description how much shipping is, how much they are going to profit off you.. for example..

Actual shipping costs: $2
Supplies : $2
My profit: $2
Total shipping costs will be $6 eventhough your postage paid will be $2.

Pretty cut and clear. If you have nothing to hide and are confident tbat bidders dont mind, then state it. Stop playing games and be transparent about it. Otherwise while you play the system to make a profit on misconception, bidders will paly the same system by penalizing your feedback for it.
I am disappointed in your post. I don't mind this from some people who are too immature to handle it when they are caught lying, but from you I expect much more.

You could have said everything in that post without the shittiness.
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #152 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnMabry47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
I am disappointed in your post. I don't mind this from some people who are too immature to handle it when they are caught lying, but from you I expect much more.

You could have said everything in that post without the shittiness.
Agreed.

Sadly, another member who shows their true colors. Whether they are trying to play devil's advocate or are just this delusional about the way that buying and selling work based on simple economics, overhead, etc. it's uncalled for.
__________________
Ignore list on Blowout: 182 and counting! Keep up the great work!
Always interested in STL Cardinals autos/sps/patches
JohnMabry47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #153 (permalink)
Member
 
hche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,675
Default

I don't get it. If the seller listed the shipping charge clearly and the buyer doesn't like it, why did he/she bid on the items? Or they can just include the shipping charge when bidding. Something like $30 bid for free shipping and $25 bid for the same item with $5 shipping.
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #154 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
I am disappointed in your post. I don't mind this from some people who are too immature to handle it when they are caught lying, but from you I expect much more.

You could have said everything in that post without the shittiness.
It kind of gets annoying listening to people trying to justify why they need to force the issue of making a profit off misc stuff just because they didnt make money from what they intended. They use it as a form of disguise and I personally find it dirty. THis is for auctions and trading. Nothing to do with Group breaks.

Ive been hit with excessive shipping charges. I mean seriously excessive. Ive paid them and moved on. I learn from my lesson. But to have someone try and justify it as "well its your problem you didnt read the description" is just jabbing at a wound. To this day in order for me to buy from certain members on this board, Im forced to send paypal gift with no options. Why the double standard?

I know what I pay for. Im just not a fan of paying for someone elses decpetion of misconcieving a way to make money off me for a process we all deal with. Some of the excuses recently have been absurd...

"someone needs to pay me to list cards"
"Whos gonna pay me for going to the PO"
"I should be able to charge for my time"

If you need these types of reaons to to profit, are you really in the right business?

Im sorry I disspoint you, but its reality of what some of us go through. For the record, Justin and yourself have been fair with me about shipping to Canada. I had one group breaker last year charge me $36 to ship to Canada and it came in a bubble mailer for $3.19. Go figure...and I have to live with it!

Last edited by Orangejello727; 10-30-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #155 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMabry47 View Post
Agreed.

Sadly, another member who shows their true colors. Whether they are trying to play devil's advocate or are just this delusional about the way that buying and selling work based on simple economics, overhead, etc. it's uncalled for.
You can judge me. I have no issues with being judged based on my opinion. It is what it is. Until you are put in that position, its hard to understand.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #156 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 3,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
It kind of gets annoying listening to people trying to justify why they need to force the issue of making a profit off misc stuff just because they didnt make money from what they intended. They use it as a form of disguise and I personally find it dirty. THis is for auctions and trading. Nothing to do with Group breaks.

Ive been hit with excessive shipping charges. I mean seriously excessive. Ive paid them and moved on. I learn from my lesson. But to have someone try and justify it as "well its your problem you didnt read the description" is just jabbing at a wound. To this day in order for me to buy from certain members on this board, Im forced to send paypal gift with no options. Why the double standard?

I know what I pay for. Im just not a fan of paying for someone elses decpetion of misconcieving a way to make money off me for a process we all deal with. Some of the excuses recently have been absurd...

"someone needs to pay me to list cards"
"Whos gonna pay me for going to the PO"
"I should be able to charge for my time"

If you need these types of reaons to to profit, are you really in the right business?

Im sorry I disspoint you, but its reality of what some of us go through. For the record, Justin and yourself have been fair with me about shipping to Canada. I had one group breaker last year charge me $36 to ship to Canada and it came in a bubble mailer for $3.19. Go figure...and I have to live with it!
Very well said

[/QUOTE]I had one group breaker last year charge me $36 to ship to Canada and it came in a bubble mailer for $3.19[/QUOTE]

That's wrong
Jrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #157 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 11,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
It kind of gets annoying listening to people trying to justify why they need to force the issue of making a profit off misc stuff just because they didnt make money from what they intended. They use it as a form of disguise and I personally find it dirty.

Ive been hit with excessive shipping charges. I mean seriously excessive. Ive paid them and moved on. I learn from my lesson. But to have someone try and justify it as "well its your problem you didnt read the description" is just jabbing at a wound.

I know what I pay for. Im just not a fan of paying for someone elses decpetion of misconcieving a way to make money off me for a process we all deal with. Some of the excuses recently have been absurd...

"someone needs to pay me to list cards"
"Whos gonna pay me for going to the PO"
"I should be able to charge for my time"

If you need these types of reaons to to profit, are you really in the right business?

Im sorry I disspoint you, but its reality of what some of us go through. For the record, Justin and yourself have been fair with me about shipping to Canada. I had one group breaker last year charge me $36 to ship to Canada and it came in a bubble mailer for $3.19. Go figure...and I have to live with it!
Based on this post -- and I don't mean to sound condescending -- I'm not sure you understand what this thread is about. I never tried to disguise anything. I don't think I should be paid for my time, at all. The emphasis there is on the word should, because I'm not entitled. However, I provide my buyers with a service, just like any other seller does. Of course the buyer then gets to decide if the service is worth what I charge ... but why leave me good feedback with kind words, and then attack me behind a thin veil of DSR dings? Why not contact me first? I mean good grief ... if the guy had said "I think your shipping is a little high and here's why", I likely would have been inclined to work with him. When I go to my LCS, I ask "how much" for a certain box ... he gives me a price, and I either accept it or I negotiate, at which point he either agrees or disagrees. Do I think he is dirty for any of that? Do I think he's dirty if I pay $70 for a box of Chrome, and he charges the next guy $75 ... or vice versa? No, because he gets to run his business as he sees fit. And if I don't like it? Guess what ... I just won't buy from him any more. I won't try to harm his business, knowing a priori what his prices are ... because that's the sort of thing that tools do, and I'm not a tool.

I am not stealing, I am not being dishonest ... I am only charging what I choose to charge for shipping and handling, plain and simple. It's not dirty, it's business ... and you and others conveniently ignore my multiple quotes of the eBay policy which states that this is an acceptable business practice.
__________________
================================================================
~~~~~~ Looking for ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/50 or less) ~~~~~~
================================================================
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #158 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnMabry47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
You can judge me. I have no issues with being judged based on my opinion. It is what it is. Until you are put in that position, its hard to understand.
Not at all my place to "judge" you. I simply choose not to business with you.
__________________
Ignore list on Blowout: 182 and counting! Keep up the great work!
Always interested in STL Cardinals autos/sps/patches
JohnMabry47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #159 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnMabry47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Based on this post -- and I don't mean to sound condescending -- I'm not sure you understand what this thread is about. I never tried to disguise anything. I don't think I should be paid for my time, at all. The emphasis there is on the word should, because I'm not entitled. However, I provide my buyers with a service, just like any other seller does. Of course the buyer then gets to decide if the service is worth what I charge ... but why leave me good feedback with kind words, and then attack me behind a thin veil of DSR dings? Why not contact me first? I mean good grief ... if the guy had said "I think your shipping is a little high and here's why", I likely would have been inclined to work with him. When I go to my LCS, I ask "how much" for a certain box ... he gives me a price, and I either accept it or I negotiate, at which point he either agrees or disagrees. Do I think he is dirty for any of that? Do I think he's dirty if I pay $70 for a box of Chrome, and he charges the next guy $75 ... or vice versa? No, because he gets to run his business as he sees fit. And if I don't like it? Guess what ... I just won't buy from him any more. I won't try to harm his business, knowing a priori what his prices are ... because that's the sort of thing that tools do, and I'm not a tool.

I am not stealing, I am not being dishonest ... I am only charging what I choose to charge for shipping and handling, plain and simple. It's not dirty, it's business ... and you and others conveniently ignore my multiple quotes of the eBay policy which states that this is an acceptable business practice.
Grant...see my earlier point about my post count. I refuse to argue semantics with those who are "logic free" in their life.

I'd advise the same path. I know who I can deal with problem free on this site. People make fun of my "ignore" list...guess what? It's served me well to this point. 100% feedback...never had a problem buying, selling, or trading on here. Guess I'm just lucky, huh?


A proper analogy that I'll leave this thread with....

Yes, my "time" is worth something to me. Others choose to volunteer their time and effort for free.

"Sluts" have sexual relations with other men, for no fee/charge. Prostitutes, however, charge a fee for this same service.

I'll continue being a "card prostitute", while choosing not to deal with the "card sluts"
__________________
Ignore list on Blowout: 182 and counting! Keep up the great work!
Always interested in STL Cardinals autos/sps/patches

Last edited by JohnMabry47; 10-30-2012 at 03:38 PM.
JohnMabry47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #160 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

My rant is on the excessive side of things. This is an issue to the extention of how far things go.

It starts with the part where you state that if your shipping charges are not to my liking, I can deliberate them with you? because thats going against the grain of what many say here is more like "You should have read the description before bidding".

From your example of buying a box of cards from a LCS for $70..

If you bought a box of cards from your LCS for $70 and the receipt came out like the following:

Box: 19.99
Tax: 5.00
Misc Handling charge: 45.00

what would you say? Lets say it was a restaurant. Or any business.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #161 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnMabry47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
My rant is on the excessive side of things. This is an issue to the extention of how far things go.

It starts with the part where you state that if your shipping charges are not to my liking, I can deliberate them with you? because thats going against the grain of what many say here is more like "You should have read the description before bidding".

From your example of buying a box of cards from a LCS for $70..

If you bought a box of cards from your LCS for $70 and the receipt came out like the following:

Box: 19.99
Tax: 5.00
Misc Handling charge: 45.00

what would you say? Lets say it was a restaurant. Or any business.


Silly me. I'd first do my research before entering into any business agreement. Afterwards, if the result was not to my liking, I'd ask for an explanation or perhaps a compromise that both parties could agree to.

Instead, others choose to anonymously attack others in a way that leaves the seller no way to make things right, service the customer, or defend their reputation.

If someone contacts me and states that they are unhappy with my shipping costs, post sale, I explain my costs, as I see them, then ask what they feel would be appropriate. We come to an agreement, case closed.

Silly, silly communication. You are such folly.
__________________
Ignore list on Blowout: 182 and counting! Keep up the great work!
Always interested in STL Cardinals autos/sps/patches

Last edited by JohnMabry47; 10-30-2012 at 03:45 PM.
JohnMabry47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #162 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMabry47 View Post
Silly me. I'd first do my research before entering into any business agreement. Afterwards, if the result was not to my liking, I'd ask for an explanation or perhaps a compromise that both parties could agree to.

Instead, others choose to anonymously attack others in a way that leaves the seller no way to make things right, service the customer, or defend their reputation.

If someone contacts me and states that they are unhappy with my shipping costs, post sale, I explain my costs, as I see them, then ask what they feel would be appropriate. We come to an agreement, case closed.

Silly, silly communication. You are such folly.
Without knowing, I have to assume its for the box of cards? I mean what else could it be for if thats the price listed on the box?

Same with shipping. If someone charges $36 for shipping, what am I to assume other than a cost of $36 for shipping. When it arrivees in a post mark of $3.19 and I paid $36, its my fault for not checking into the break down of the $36? Is that what you are telling me?

I have never attacked any seller. Infact when I brought this situation up the last time about being charged with excessive shipping all I got from members was..
"It said $36 shipping, live with it, its your fault"
"You paid the price the seller asked"

I paid $36 like the seller asked because its percieved that the cost to ship to me would be in that figure. When it wasnt, what do you expect someone like me to do?

Talk about hypocrisy. Maybe the communication effort is not needed if the seller was transparent? Doesnt that make sense? Or is that asking to much from the seller?

Last edited by Orangejello727; 10-30-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #163 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnMabry47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Without knowing, I have to assume its for the box of cards? I mean what else could it be for if thats the price listed on the box?

Same with shipping. If someone charges $36 for shipping, what am I to assume other than a cost of $36 for shipping. When it arrivees in a post mark of $3.19 and I paid $36, its my fault for not checking into the break down of the $36? Is that what you are telling me?

I have never attacked any seller. Infact when I brought this situation up the last time about being charged with excessive shipping all I got from members was..
"It said $36 shipping, live with it, its your fault"
"You paid the price the seller asked"

Talk about hypocrisy. Maybe the communication effort is not needed if the seller was transparent? Doesnt that make sense? Or is that asking to much from the seller?

Transparency is fine...breaking down every penny of my shipping cost is complete idiocy.

Again, ask any service that ships you something (Amazon, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc.) to break down their price. They won't do it. Handling goes into buying my labels, bubble mailers, fees, etc.

If others feel that I'm "unjust" in charging my whopping $2.50, with 50 cents extra to a cap of $4.00...then they can not buy from me. That's the basis behind free commerce...it's a choice.

I don't do ebay for a "living"...I do it for extra fun money and to recoup some of the money I put into my hobby. I'm not making a living doing it, nor do I choose to lose money because others think I should eat my costs of doing business, even though NO other business entity operates without overhead.
__________________
Ignore list on Blowout: 182 and counting! Keep up the great work!
Always interested in STL Cardinals autos/sps/patches
JohnMabry47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #164 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
It kind of gets annoying listening to people trying to justify why they need to force the issue of making a profit off misc stuff just because they didnt make money from what they intended. They use it as a form of disguise and I personally find it dirty. THis is for auctions and trading. Nothing to do with Group breaks.

Ive been hit with excessive shipping charges. I mean seriously excessive. Ive paid them and moved on. I learn from my lesson. But to have someone try and justify it as "well its your problem you didnt read the description" is just jabbing at a wound. To this day in order for me to buy from certain members on this board, Im forced to send paypal gift with no options. Why the double standard?

I know what I pay for. Im just not a fan of paying for someone elses decpetion of misconcieving a way to make money off me for a process we all deal with. Some of the excuses recently have been absurd...

"someone needs to pay me to list cards"
"Whos gonna pay me for going to the PO"
"I should be able to charge for my time"

If you need these types of reaons to to profit, are you really in the right business?

Im sorry I disspoint you, but its reality of what some of us go through. For the record, Justin and yourself have been fair with me about shipping to Canada. I had one group breaker last year charge me $36 to ship to Canada and it came in a bubble mailer for $3.19. Go figure...and I have to live with it!

so, wait, you don't pay people for their time and other costs?
time does equal money and for many they do pay for the time it takes to build the sets or sort/ship cards
it is hard to build those costs into a price of card since it is more like a market, if a card is selling for $10 then I can't necessary ask $20 and expect it
in business there are costs added in for time etc, not saying that goes into shipping costs but could be part of handling, and 25 cents - $1 is not too much IMO for those extra costs that are either actual $ or valued as such
some may have employees that do nothing but ship and handle, that is an added cost, large online retailers have that... does it real cost amazon $4 to ship me a DVD? no not even half of that but there are other costs including those they offer free ship to and they sell retail so often they can set prices at a msrp or around about, the card market does not abide by such things

sorry, just disagree, time is $ and there are costs to business
if there weren't everyone else would just do it for themselves and not purchase from others
__________________
If you need to reach me and do not have my email, please click on PRIVATE MESSAGES and send me one
Brent
My ebay items:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #165 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,886
Default

In this case you got hosed and deserve to be upset. Nobody in their good conscious should keep the $32+ overage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
"It said $36 shipping, live with it, its your fault"
"You paid the price the seller asked"

I paid $36 like the seller asked because its percieved that the cost to ship to me would be in that figure. When it wasnt, what do you expect someone like me to do?
Here is where you are way off track. Are you the type to complain because their is only $.17 worth of Potatoes in your $4.99 French Fry Platter? Your argument here makes no sense.

What has happened to people and their sense of entitlement relating to postage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
If you bought a box of cards from your LCS for $70 and the receipt came out like the following:

Box: 19.99
Tax: 5.00
Misc Handling charge: 45.00

what would you say? Lets say it was a restaurant. Or any business.
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #166 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMabry47 View Post
Transparency is fine...breaking down every penny of my shipping cost is complete idiocy.

Again, ask any service that ships you something (Amazon, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc.) to break down their price. They won't do it. Handling goes into buying my labels, bubble mailers, fees, etc.

If others feel that I'm "unjust" in charging my whopping $2.50, with 50 cents extra to a cap of $4.00...then they can not buy from me. That's the basis behind free commerce...it's a choice.

I don't do ebay for a "living"...I do it for extra fun money and to recoup some of the money I put into my hobby. I'm not making a living doing it, nor do I choose to lose money because others think I should eat my costs of doing business, even though NO other business entity operates without overhead.
Im not asking you to lose money. Im also not suggesting that you dont make money either. That choice is yours and always has been.

I think you and I have misread one another on the context. My anology on breaking down every penny was excessive. But so is charging me $36 for an assumed $3.19. My argument is on excessive. Not on making money. If I truly know what im paying for, I have no issues. If you choose to hide what im "Not" getting but paying, I have issues. Thats all I was trying to get to. To relate this back to the OP, its exactly what happend to him in my opinion. A buyer felt he didnt get what he paid for and left him the feedback on dsr. I cant hate on someone that got short changed.

Should he have communicated? For sure, I totally agree on that.
Should the seller have been more transparent to avoid such a situation? Sure, is that asking to much? To set oneself up to avoid such problems?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #167 (permalink)
Member
 
hche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentandbecca View Post
so, wait, you don't pay people for their time and other costs?
time does equal money and for many they do pay for the time it takes to build the sets or sort/ship cards
it is hard to build those costs into a price of card since it is more like a market, if a card is selling for $10 then I can't necessary ask $20 and expect it
in business there are costs added in for time etc, not saying that goes into shipping costs but could be part of handling, and 25 cents - $1 is not too much IMO for those extra costs that are either actual $ or valued as such
some may have employees that do nothing but ship and handle, that is an added cost, large online retailers have that... does it real cost amazon $4 to ship me a DVD? no not even half of that but there are other costs including those they offer free ship to and they sell retail so often they can set prices at a msrp or around about, the card market does not abide by such things

sorry, just disagree, time is $ and there are costs to business
if there weren't everyone else would just do it for themselves and not purchase from others
Actually, you cannot inclue time, gas, payroll, ebay fees into e Bay shipping charge.
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #168 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnMabry47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Im not asking you to lose money. Im also not suggesting that you dont make money either. That choice is yours and always has been.

I think you and I have misread one another on the context. My anology on breaking down every penny was excessive. But so is charging me $36 for an assumed $3.19. My argument is on excessive. Not on making money. If I truly know what im paying for, I have no issues. If you choose to hide what im "Not" getting but paying, I have issues. Thats all I was trying to get to. To relate this back to the OP, its exactly what happend to him in my opinion. A buyer felt he didnt get what he paid for and left him the feedback on dsr. I cant hate on someone that got short changed.

Should he have communicated? For sure, I totally agree on that.
Should the seller have been more transparent to avoid such a situation? Sure, is that asking to much? To set oneself up to avoid such problems?
Not at all. Therein lies the ground of a good customer experience. The problem is that the person in the OP's situation didn't contact them, and instead chose to harm his reputation based on a "few penny ethics" without giving him a chance to help him.
__________________
Ignore list on Blowout: 182 and counting! Keep up the great work!
Always interested in STL Cardinals autos/sps/patches
JohnMabry47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #169 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
My rant is on the excessive side of things. This is an issue to the extention of how far things go.

It starts with the part where you state that if your shipping charges are not to my liking, I can deliberate them with you? because thats going against the grain of what many say here is more like "You should have read the description before bidding".

From your example of buying a box of cards from a LCS for $70..

If you bought a box of cards from your LCS for $70 and the receipt came out like the following:

Box: 19.99
Tax: 5.00
Misc Handling charge: 45.00

what would you say? Lets say it was a restaurant. Or any business.

who do you blame here?
the LCS charging the $70 with a $45 handling fee (which is silly since you are talking about shipping but yet they aren't shipping, but I'll play along)
or you the consumer who paid the $70?
I could care less if the box was 1 cent and the other $69.99 was a crap charge, the TOTAL COST is $70

in business you take your TOTAL COSTS and make adjusts to at least balance your TOTAL INCOME to break even, you adjust...
look at the total cost, same way you would at amazon, or retail, or buying a car, etc
this thread should die as it is way off point now and again, why do we all continue to come on here to argue and state our sides? people differ in opinions that is fine, but take it so far with the internet and waste time in the process, maybe we should move on to better things for the rest of the week as we must agree to disagree and we each can conduct business as we see fit and some will remain in biz and others may not over time
__________________
If you need to reach me and do not have my email, please click on PRIVATE MESSAGES and send me one
Brent
My ebay items:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #170 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
In this case you got hosed and deserve to be upset. Nobody in their good conscious should keep the $32+ overage.



Here is where you are way off track. Are you the type to complain because their is only $.17 worth of Potatoes in your $4.99 French Fry Platter? Your argument here makes no sense.

What has happened to people and their sense of entitlement relating to postage?
That's fine with me as long as there is $4.82 worth of chili, cheese and onions on it
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #171 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
Actually, you cannot inclue time, gas, payroll, ebay fees into e Bay shipping charge.
lol, you are misunderstanding and may not have read whole thread, and ebay states as shown in this thread you can have a reasonable handling charge, what do you think goes into handling? time & other factors/costs
not saying I break it down as such, just saying, for me to ship a card I will charge $2.99 as that is very close my calculated cost of shipping not postage alone
__________________
If you need to reach me and do not have my email, please click on PRIVATE MESSAGES and send me one
Brent
My ebay items:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #172 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnMabry47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
Actually, you cannot inclue time, gas, payroll, ebay fees into e Bay shipping charge.
Correct. Their policy states that...and I think it is crap. Hence, why I don't include those things explicitly...instead I base it on my supplies and my costs of doing business. If others don't like that or don't feel the same, again, don't buy from me.

By defending ebay's system...you're agreeing that if I charge $2.50 for an item, ship the next day in a bubble mailer, toploader, penny sleeve, etc. and it arrives 2 days later, I should get a 1 or 2 on my rating because the buyer states "anything above $2.00 deserves a low rating"

Instead, the guy that offers free shipping, yet sends 7-10 days later, in a PWE with no protection gets an automatic "5".

That sounds perfectly logical to me
__________________
Ignore list on Blowout: 182 and counting! Keep up the great work!
Always interested in STL Cardinals autos/sps/patches
JohnMabry47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #173 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 11,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Im not asking you to lose money. Im also not suggesting that you dont make money either. That choice is yours and always has been.

I think you and I have misread one another on the context. My anology on breaking down every penny was excessive. But so is charging me $36 for an assumed $3.19. My argument is on excessive. Not on making money. If I truly know what im paying for, I have no issues. If you choose to hide what im "Not" getting but paying, I have issues. Thats all I was trying to get to. To relate this back to the OP, its exactly what happend to him in my opinion. A buyer felt he didnt get what he paid for and left him the feedback on dsr. I cant hate on someone that got short changed.

Should he have communicated? For sure, I totally agree on that.
Should the seller have been more transparent to avoid such a situation? Sure, is that asking to much? To set oneself up to avoid such problems?
You are all over the place dude. First you said I shouldn't make any money on shipping, then you say you don't have a problem with it. Which is it?

You are comparing me making a few dimes for my handling of the cards to a guy who overcharged you $30.
__________________
================================================================
~~~~~~ Looking for ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/50 or less) ~~~~~~
================================================================
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #174 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
In this case you got hosed and deserve to be upset. Nobody in their good conscious should keep the $32+ overage.



Here is where you are way off track. Are you the type to complain because their is only $.17 worth of Potatoes in your $4.99 French Fry Platter? Your argument here makes no sense.

What has happened to people and their sense of entitlement relating to postage?
That example was based purely on the comment of nothing having to break down cost of unassumed tangibles. The example I was trying to make there was...

A box in a LCS has a price tag of $75. What is the assumption? In my opinion its assumed that the box of cards costs $75. If it doesnt and there is fees added in for whatever reason that show up on the reciept, like a Misc charge of $45, would this be an issue? For me definately.

To relate that back to my shipping charnge, I felt the same way. I have no issues paying $36 for shipping to Canada. I gladly paid it. But I do have an issue when it shows up for $3.16 and im told "the description said $36...learn to read....if you dont agree why did you bid". If it was post marked $28 and I paid $36, id probably let it go. But I feel bamboozled at this point.

So if I got a plate of fries for $5 and knew the cost of the potato was 17 cents, I would have absolutely no issues. If that reciept said

Fries -$3.99
Tax- $1
Total : $5. Id top the tip to $10 and leave. I paid for what I assumed I got. But lets say that tax number was $6?? I pay a total of $10. I was assume $6 is being charged for tax since the $4 is for the fries according to the menu? I would have an issue since I know taxes dont exceed the cost of the product. Just like in my case, the cost of shipping was nowhere near the $36 I was forced to assume for shipping.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #175 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMabry47 View Post
Correct. Their policy states that...and I think it is crap. Hence, why I don't include those things explicitly...instead I base it on my supplies and my costs of doing business. If others don't like that or don't feel the same, again, don't buy from me.

By defending ebay's system...you're agreeing that if I charge $2.50 for an item, ship the next day in a bubble mailer, toploader, penny sleeve, etc. and it arrives 2 days later, I should get a 1 or 2 on my rating because the buyer states "anything above $2.00 deserves a low rating"

Instead, the guy that offers free shipping, yet sends 7-10 days later, in a PWE with no protection gets an automatic "5".

That sounds perfectly logical to me
exactly, and why the system is flawed...so many PWE on free auto 5-star shipping, and why they are 'supposed to be' changing it in 2013
__________________
If you need to reach me and do not have my email, please click on PRIVATE MESSAGES and send me one
Brent
My ebay items:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.