Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default eBay buyer to block, if you value your DSRs ...

eBay buyer is rmj69260. He bought four Topps Update black cards from me all in separate auctions a couple weeks ago ... I charged him $4.00 for shipping (that's $2.50 plus $0.50 for each add'l card). You can say that's high, say what you want ... but I specifically stated my shipping charges in my auctions. Joker left me 2's for every single card.

May not need to block him, he is after all a relatively high-volume buyer ... just know what's coming even if you combine shipping.
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

how do you know how many stars he left you?
bjs852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjs852 View Post
how do you know how many stars he left you?
There are ways. It's particularly easy for a low volume seller. PM me if you want details.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks blocked. I friggin hate this DSR bull#%*#!!!!
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
Thanks blocked. I friggin hate this DSR bull#%*#!!!!
I'm totally a fan of seller ratings conceptually, because I think it gives me an opportunity to establish myself at the top of the pack. HOWEVER, any system that allows uneducated buyers to subjectively affect the future performance of sellers is, well, irreparable.

I guess I don't even understand why shipping cost is even a DSR. Why not "Did the seller make shipping costs clear in the auction?" I know, it's eBay, logic out the window ...
Old 10-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

Would it be valuable to the community for me to do a "How To Determine DSRs Left by Individual" writeup? Has this already been done? I found one on the eBay community site, but it was far more detailed and complicated than most people care for.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Did he leave a 2 on every DSR, or just the sbipping charge? You can actually report a buyer for leaving low stars that conflict with the positive rating.

There should be a drop down menu next to your sold item to report it. If he does it often, and enough sellers report it thenEbay will remove the low ratings when they see he has an obvious pattern of it.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Did he leave a 2 on every DSR, or just the sbipping charge? You can actually report a buyer for leaving low stars that conflict with the positive rating.

There should be a drop down menu next to your sold item to report it. If he does it often, and enough sellers report it thenEbay will remove the low ratings when they see he has an obvious pattern of it.
Ah, sorry for the confusion ... he left 2's for shipping charges only, but did so for each of the four items he purchased. All the other DSRs were 5's.

Since he's a high-volume buyer, I assume he leaves his feedback in batches like most do. I'm almost thinking that when he was leaving feedback, he saw "$4.00" as the shipping charge for each card, and so he dinged the DSR for each individual card not remembering that I combined shipping.

Oh well, what's done is done I suppose.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Decided to call eBay tonight ... even the rep I talked to said that was ridiculous, and she opened an investigation on the buyer. She also mentioned that the buyer is also a seller (aren't we all?), and that they pay closer attention to this sort of thing when buyers who are also sellers ding other sellers.

I know all that could mean jack squat, but at least it helped me feel better. So she did her job
Old 10-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

I honestly believe Ebay is starting to listen to seller complaints more recently. There are just to many buyers out there taking advantage of the system.

Sellers who do this crap to other sellers are even worse. Nothing more than trying to damage the competition.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #11 (permalink)

Looks like this one might be a victory for the little guys. I have not heard anything back from eBay yet (the rep said it would take about a week), and the dings are still there on my seller dashboard ... but last night I noticed that they were no longer factored into my DSRs as they are visible to everyone else. Could be nothing ... could be something.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
eBay buyer is rmj69260. He bought four Topps Update black cards from me all in separate auctions a couple weeks ago ... I charged him $4.00 for shipping (that's $2.50 plus $0.50 for each add'l card). You can say that's high, say what you want ... but I specifically stated my shipping charges in my auctions. Joker left me 2's for every single card.

May not need to block him, he is after all a relatively high-volume buyer ... just know what's coming even if you combine shipping.
Honestly, if you charged me $4 shipping for 4 cards I'd ding your shipping charge DSR too. I do free combining @ $2, unless its something that needs to be flat rate. I like bulk buyers (saves me time shipping), and i dont mind eating $.50, plus I like return customers.

Last edited by Jrb1; 10-28-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Jrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrb1 View Post
Honestly, if you charged me $4 shipping for 4 cards I'd ding your shipping charge DSR too. I do free combining @ $2, unless its something that needs to be flat rate. I like bulk buyers (saves me time shipping), and i dont mind eating $.50, plus I like return customers.
So let me get this straight ... if you purchased cards from me knowing beforehand how much I charge for shipping, you would still ding my DSR for shipping charges? Just a reminder, this thread was not about what you do, or how much you charge. I know my charge might have been a little high, but it wasn't four 2-star ratings high. This was the first time I have received anything lower than a 4. Maybe $2.50 and $0.50 to combine is too much, but I make sure my customers are satisfied by getting their cards to them securely and quickly.

Last edited by calculusdork; 10-28-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
So let me get this straight ... if you purchased cards from me knowing beforehand how much I charge for shipping, you would still ding my DSR for shipping charges? Just a reminder, this thread was not about what you do, or how much you charge. I know my charge might have been a little high, but it wasn't four 2-star ratings high. This was the first time I have received anything lower than a 4. Maybe $2.50 and $0.50 to combine is too much, but I make sure my customers are satisfied by getting their cards to them securely and quickly.

Yes I would, its easier for me to buy 4 cards from 1 seller, I am allowed to share my experience, and I will. my break down

$2 - free 5 star
$2.01-$3.00 4 star
$3.01 - $3.50 3 star
$3.51 - $4.00 2 star
$4+ 1 star

4 cards cost $1.64 to ship, adding a mailer and supplies its still under $2, why should you double up @ my expense.

If you think thats unreasonable, maybe ebay isnt the place for you. I am not trying to be rude, just throwing you my 2 pennies.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes I would, its easier for me to buy 4 cards from 1 seller, I am allowed to share my experience, and I will. my break down

$2 - free 5 star
$2.01-$3.00 4 star
$3.01 - $3.50 3 star
$3.51 - $4.00 2 star
$4+ 1 star

4 cards cost $1.64 to ship, adding a mailer and supplies its still under $2, why should you double up @ my expense.

If you think thats unreasonable, maybe ebay isnt the place for you. I am not trying to be rude, just throwing you my 2 pennies.

Ebay id please?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #16 (permalink)

Behavior like this is why Ebay has gone to H*ll. Please use some personal responsibility and not place a bid if you feel postage is too high. How can you sleep at night knowing that your behavior could be taking money out sellers pockets (through lost Ebay seller discounts)?

Quote:

$2 - free 5 star
$2.01-$3.00 4 star
$3.01 - $3.50 3 star
$3.51 - $4.00 2 star
$4+ 1 star

Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.

Last edited by 37Jetson; 10-28-2012 at 06:06 PM.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:

$2 - free 5 star
$2.01-$3.00 4 star
$3.01 - $3.50 3 star
$3.51 - $4.00 2 star
$4+ 1 star

Few things to address here:

(1) First off, my apologies for being rude. That's not my style, and I'm sorry I presented myself that way.

(2) If you are not trying to be rude, then you should not say things like "maybe eBay isn't the place for you", because that is indeed rude.

(3) You set a very high standard for yourself as a seller, and that is to be applauded. However, if you are going to give me a 4-star rating to charge you more than $2 to ship 4 cards, then I would like your eBay ID so I can block you, because it costs me $2.15 to ship 4 cards, and I've got this stuff pretty much down to a science. I sincerely challenge you to show us how you do better than that.

(4) I think you, like many other eBay buyers out there, are misusing the eBay "Shipping Charges" DSR. When a seller specifically states the shipping cost, then why would you purchase an item from that seller (especially a common item) if you are opposed to the shipping charge? In this instance, the buyer purchased multiple cards from me knowing that I combined shipping, and knowing my combined rate ... and then turned around to ding me. Also, this from eBay: "Remember that sellers may charge for the cost of the actual packaging materials, along with a reasonable handling fee to cover the seller's time and direct costs associated with shipping." Obviously the amount here is up for interpretation, but you get what I'm saying ... and you have ignored this aspect of the shipping charge.

All that said ... I do appreciate your feedback actually, but I think you will find that you are in the minority.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Behavior like this is why Ebay has gone to H*ll. Please use some personal responsibility and not place a bid if you feel postage is too high. How can you sleep at night knowing that your behavior could be taking money out sellers pockets (through lost Ebay seller discounts)?
With regards to this, a fair warning to Jrb1 ... the eBay rep I spoke to said they are paying special attention to sellers who ding other sellers' DSRs when purchasing items.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
He can ask whatever he wants, I have no problem complying with his shipping charges, if your charge is unreasonable you should lose the discount. but why should he double up on my expense?

I am a top rated silver powerseller with the discount, I charge $2 on my straight auctions with free combined shipping, and I still get 1s & 2s, but I don't cry about it. I offer free shipping on my fixed price auctions so I get the guaranteed 5 stars. My Shipping Charge DSR is 4.98.

How am i taking money out of his pocket when I am adding $2 to his pocket? If he feels $4 is justifiable thats fine, but most ebayers will not feel its fair and hit the DSR. He even said himself his shipping charge is high. Let me throw this back at you, how can he sleep @ night by taking money out of the buyers pockets?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
He can ask whatever he wants, I have no problem complying with his shipping charges, if your charge is unreasonable you should lose the discount. but why should he double up on my expense?

I am a top rated silver powerseller with the discount, I charge $2 on my straight auctions with free combined shipping, and I still get 1s & 2s, but I don't cry about it. I offer free shipping on my fixed price auctions so I get the guaranteed 5 stars. My Shipping Charge DSR is 4.98.

How am i taking money out of his pocket when I am adding $2 to his pocket? If he feels $4 is justifiable thats fine, but most ebayers will not feel its fair and hit the DSR. He even said himself his shipping charge is high. Let me throw this back at you, how can he sleep @ night by taking money out of the buyers pockets?
(1) I don't believe this actually ... most of my buyers have satisfied to the tune of 4's and 5's. I am a new seller, but I've got a large enough sample size to state this with confidence. I've had many repeat buyers already, and they are repeat buyers because they combine shipping and they know I am going to take care of them.

(2) If a buyer agrees to my charge, then exactly at what point in signing the contract did I take money out of his pocket?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
With regards to this, a fair warning to Jrb1 ... the eBay rep I spoke to said they are paying special attention to sellers who ding other sellers' DSRs when purchasing items.
All I did was refute your statement, obviously you didn't like it. Just like I may not like inflated shipping costs.

Shipping 4 cards cost a whole $1.94 with all supplies. Why would I leave a 3 4 or 5 for you doubling up on me? Just because I see your shipping policy doesn't mean I have to like it.

I am with the buyer on this one, Your wrong, plain and simple, and thats why ebay is cracking down on shipping charges. Soon they will be regulating charges. Whats the difference between what your doing and stealing?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
(1) I don't believe this actually ... most of my buyers have satisfied to the tune of 4's and 5's. I am a new seller, but I've got a large enough sample size to state this with confidence. I've had many repeat buyers already, and they are repeat buyers because they combine shipping and they know I am going to take care of them.

(2) If a buyer agrees to my charge, then exactly at what point in signing the contract did I take money out of his pocket?
so if I win 11 of your auctions your gonna charge me $7.50 for shipping? Then cry about getting a 1? How do you sleep?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #23 (permalink)

Respectfully, you are being a self absorbed fool.

It is smart business to have a shipping cost policy like the one that you are offering BUT YOU HAVE NO GOD GIVEN RIGHT to ding DSR's for sellers that clearly state their shipping method, shipping cost and follow through with a well packaged card in a timely manner.

True collectors need to look out for each other these days with the multitude of jackalopes and scammers. With your attitude you should not be entrusted with anybody's business and that is why I am blocking you.

If I saw somebody charge $4.00 for postage I would do something so incredibly unique, I would decide if I was willing to pay the total cost (bid + postage) for what I was bidding on. To place a bid and then later ding DSR's is a flat out act of Cowardice.

Sorry if this "feedback" hurts. It should.

Quote:

Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
so if I win 11 of your auctions your gonna charge me $7.50 for shipping? Then cry about getting a 1? How do you sleep?
I have a max of $5, because I am going to ship 11 cards in a small flat-rate box.

I'm starting to become concerned that you have no knowledge of capitalism whatsoever.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #25 (permalink)

I completely agree with Jrb1(seems like nobody else does). If I want an item, and the shipping is $4(when it really costs $1.64), I would probably give a 1 for shipping, 5's for everything else. $4 to ship 4 cards is a joke. I charge $1.75 for up to 4 cards, sometimes $2. Just because the buyer agreed to pay that doesnt mean they like it! Leaving appropriate stars will eventually get the OP to change his tune.

Tradelist: http://www.sportscardfun.com/trader/bonds25.asp
89Giants is offline   Reply With Quote