Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay questions

I sell on ebay and I have been doing more sales lately. I also have been buying quite a bit lately. I won a card out of 2012 Bowman. It was from retail so it was paper with a sticker auto. I got the card very quickly. When I get it I open it up to find it rolled up in a lot tape and bubble wrap with a mixture of cardboard for good measure. It was beyond secure to say the least. When I finally get it out of the packaging I notice that it didn't have a penny sleeve and it had all 4 corners showing white. I was very disappointed so I asked the seller if they would take a refund. They said (in all caps)

"I CAN NEVER EVER REMEMBER SENDING A CARD OUT WITH OUT A PENNY LOADER ON IT. I ALSO PUT 2 PIECES OF CARDBOARD THAT IS CUT TO FIT A LITTLE BIGGER THAN THE PENNY SAVER THEN I USUALLY ADD 3 FREE BASEBALL CARDS AS I AM TRYING TO GET RID OF MY EXTRA CARDS SO I END UP WITH 3 PIECES OF CARDBOARD AROUND ALL OF THEM AND THEN PUT THE PLASTIC TAPE AROUND THE CARDS BOTH WAYS.ARE YOU TELLING ME NOTHING WAS AROUND ANY OF THOSE CARDS.I DO THAT FOR ALL OF MY CARDS.IF YOU ARE SAYING NONE OF THAT HAPPENED I WILL LET YOU SEND THEM BACK BUT PUT THE 3 FREE CARDS IN ALSO.THAT WAS MY LAST CARD AND I AM SORRY TO LOOSE THAT CARD. ALSO I WRAP BUBBLE WRAP AROUND THEM BEFORE THEY GO INTO THE ENVELOPE.
TOMORROW I WILL CALL E BAY AND TELL THEM WHAT YOU SAID HAS HAPPENED SO THEY WILL KNOW"

I sent this back:
All of that is true except the most important part is there wasn't a penny sleeve. So even though you packaged it safely besides that it rattled around during shipment and all 4 corners are showing white now. I looked at the auction photo and it wasn't like that before. I just want to send it back for a refund.

So I waited a couple of days and today I asked what was going on and what ebay told them and if they will take a refund if I send it back. They said this:

I REALLY FEEL THAT I DID A GOOD JOB WRAPPING YOUR CARD,I AM SORRY AS YOU SAY IT GOT BANGGED AROUND.IDO NOT REFUND AS IT SAYS.BUT IF YOU RETURN THE CARD I WILL LET EXCHANGE IT FOR SOME OTHER CARD IF I AGREE WITH YOUR CHOICE.I WILL GIVE YOU 3 MONTHS TO DO THAT.YES I DID TALK TO EBAY AND THEY SAID I COULD IF I CHOSE TO.BUT IF SHIPPING IS MORE YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY THE DIFFERENCE.THEY SAID I DID NOT HAVE TO TAKE THE CARD.I DO NOT LIKE HARD FEELINGS AND I MAY BE 75 BUT I AM NOT GOING TO BE TAKING FOR A FOOL EITHER.I AM A CHRISTIAN AND WOULD LKE TO KEEP EVERY ONE HAPPY I LET EVERY ONE SEE HOW I WRAPPED THE CARDS AND NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND HOW IT GOT ALL 4 CORNERS BANGED.WHAT I JUST WROTE YOU IS THE VERY SAME MESSAGE I DID SEND YOU SEVERAL DAYS AGO.AS FAR AS E-BAY GO I AM IN THE RIGHT SO IF YOU WANT YOUR MONEY YOU WILL FIGHT WITH THEM.I AM SORRY BUT IN MY HEART I FEEL I DID PUT A PENNY SLEEVE ON MY CARD.I KEEP COPIES OF ALL MY E-MAILS AND REPLYS FOR MY OWN PROTECTION.
EBAY SAID I HAD NO BAD MARKS AGAINST ME,I AM SORRY THIS MAY BE A FIRST.SINCERELY CONNIE

at this point I was mad that they wouldn't just send a refund so I just figured I would walk away because it wasn't that expensive and I will just throw this card in with a future sale. I told them I thought the way this is going that it warrants a negative. Just because they wanted to exchange it for a card that they agree on and that they can't grasp the fact that they neglected to put a penny sleeve on the card. Anyway I shouldn't have said that and I won't Neg them because it isn't worth the trouble. This is what my actual message was:

The thing is you did not put it in a penny sleeve so no matter how great you feel you wrapped it got banged around in shipment. I have pictures from your auction and a scan of the card after I received it. If you won't take a refund that's fine. I think this warrants a negative on how you are treating this situation. But I am gong to walk away from this. It isn't worth the time.

I shouldn't have said that but I was mad. So I get this back, I won't send anything after this and I am not going to neg them(they already gave me a positive).

thATS FINE GO TO EBAY AND TELL THEM YOU WILL BE MY FIRST NEG.AND I DID OFFER COMPENSATION WITH ANOTHER CARD,REMEMBER THE NEG GOES BOTH WAYS. SORRY FOR YOUR HURT

Again I am not going to Neg them I just won't leave feedback. I hope this doesn't backfire on me but I just needed to vent. Sorry if I was being a bad ebay buyer but I just feel if you will exchange it but with a different card why not just refund it. That is what I would do as a seller.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send it back with dc# and file an item not as described case. If he wont give you a refund then Ebay and Paypal will do it for him. No seller can refuse a refund no matter what thier personal policy is in a item not as described case. As long as you return it with a dc#. If sellers could refuse refunds then whats to stop every seller from sending damaged cards or empty bubble mailers? Make sense now. This is why they have buyer protection. To force the seller to follow the rules.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Just to add to the above....negs do not go both ways. A seller can not neg a buyer on ebay. It's positive or nothing.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Send it back with dc# and file an item not as described case. If he wont give you a refund then Ebay and Paypal will do it for him. No seller can refuse a refund no matter what thier personal policy is in a item not as described case. As long as you return it with a dc#. If sellers could refuse refunds then whats to stop every seller from sending damaged cards or empty bubble mailers? Make sense now. This is why they have buyer protection. To force the seller to follow the rules.
Makes sense. I think I'll do that. I guess I didn't know if it would work like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Just to add to the above....negs do not go both ways. A seller can not neg a buyer on ebay. It's positive or nothing.
Thanks. And the fact she already left a positive feedback sort of. It says good ebayer so far or something like that.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

well she should have left a positive. You paid in a timely fashion. Your obligation to the deal is done.

I understand sellers are wary of scammers, but if they #@#@#@#@ it up, they deserve to eat it. Got my first ever damaged card from ebay a few weeks ago. I was really bummed, but the seller refunded me completely after I returned the item on my dime. I was out a few bucks and the seller was out a card, but there were no hard feelings on either end.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote