Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default How long is too long to wait for an item to be delivered purchased on here?

So I bought and paid for an item on 10/10... I got a message from the seller a week later saying they "just shipped" the item.. but that was it. I have since PM'd them twice with no response... is it time for a paypal claim?

I thought I would let the BO community decide on this one. Opinions are welcome

EDIT**** The seller just (finally) replied to my PM's.. claims they never received the first message, then asked me to give them 10 MORE DAYS before filing with paypal. On top of that.. they tried to use Hurricane Sandy as an excuse even though I paid for this item 20 days ago. Should I just file now?

Last edited by Imac7065; 10-30-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Imac7065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

So bought & paid the 10th, seller says shipped on 17th & tomorrow is the 31st? Also to PMs & no replies, yes it's time to file a claim in my opinion.
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
So bought & paid the 10th, seller says shipped on 17th & tomorrow is the 31st? Also to PMs & no replies, yes it's time to file a claim in my opinion.
please read my edit. I'm almost to the point of naming them but I absolutely hate "outing" someone until I give them every chance possible.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Agree with this. Dodging the PM's is why I would say that you have been more than patient, but now need to take action.

Edit to reply to your Edit - Yes, drop the boom on them with a Paypal chargeback. Big Lie followed by a ridiculous promise tied in with a natural disaster is bad form.

Quote:
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

I hammer this guy ASAP!
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
please read my edit. I'm almost to the point of naming them but I absolutely hate "outing" someone until I give them every chance possible.
Ok so you edit after I post, my bad. As far as filing a claim I still would simply because the seller lied about sending on the 17th & it doesn't take 13 days for mail under normal circumstances. Also as far as 10 more days, WHY? If not shipped by now they didn't plan to at all. This again is just my opinion though!
Old 10-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

I filed the claim... the seller has since PMed me and informed me they "shipped it 13 days ago" but will process a refund for me when they get home anyway. If they do not I will name them in this thread for the BO community to know.

Last edited by Imac7065; 10-31-2012 at 01:45 AM.
Imac7065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
I filed the claim... they seller has since PMed me and informed me they "shipped it 13 days ago" but will process a refund for me when they get home anyway. If they do not I will name them in this thread for the BO community to know.
You should out them anyways to save others on future headaches.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
You should out them anyways to save others on future headaches.
until im 100% sure its a scam I don't do that. I took heat for not saying tigerblood was a 100% fraud until I was sure either. Just my style.. I give people a chance to "man up"
Old 10-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

sounds to me like the seller wanted a free two week cash advance. Depending on their responses you may want to consdier a neutral/negative to warn others.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

I don't know what's going on anymore. I have 2 deals that I'm dealing with right now.

First one, Paid 10/8, finally replies on 10/28 to PM's saying that he just forgot. Claim is filed already, but still really wanted those cards.

Second one, paid 10/20. He didn't ship until 10/27, as he was out of town on business, so he claims. No DC#, low dollar purchase.

Both seller have been around less than 6 months, have less than 10 feedback, and just can't be bothered to do things the "right" way.
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #12 (permalink)

Ah another pointless thread. Someone gets jacked around and we'll never know who it is to save us the headache because people are too scared. Neg his butt man. Tell us who it is.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

yeah dude. you've been jacked around enough. i'd like to know who it is so I can block them.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #14 (permalink)

I'm outing the person because he just tried yet another line on me...

the seller was TheWrightCards

He just tried to tell me he cannot refund me because his account shows a negative balance.. as a result of my filing the dispute. Wow just wow
Old 10-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm outing the person because he just tried yet another line on me...

the seller was TheWrightCards

He just tried to tell me he cannot refund me because his account shows a negative balance.. as a result of my filing the dispute. Wow just wow
Right that's because paypal is holding it til he answers the dispute by either delivery confirmation or refunding. When he answers it then you will be refunded by paypal I believe,
Old 10-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #16 (permalink)

Hahaha its negative because he spent the money already.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Right that's because paypal is holding it til he answers the dispute by either delivery confirmation or refunding. When he answers it then you will be refunded by paypal I believe,
this is correct. His negative balance has nothing to do with refunding me.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #18 (permalink)

Here is an exact quote from the PM for all to see..

Paypal is saying I now have -65.00, because of the dispute. I just sold a card for 65 so I could refund you, so now it is showing 0.00 dollars. And when I try to fully refund you, it says not enough funds. What's wrong?
If there is a problem, I can just get 65 more dollars in my Paypal and then send it to you.

For those that do not know... A) when you sell an item for $65 you do not get $65 in your paypal balance (there are fee's)... and having a negative balance has no effect on processing a refund in a dispute. Your balance is between you and paypal, has nothing to do with the person you are dealing with.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Thanks for info. Would be easier and shorter to have a NON blocked list on here, as opposed to blocked list!
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:42 PM   #20 (permalink)

If he goes through the paypal dispute the funds they have locked will let him refund you
Old 10-30-2012, 11:46 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason122883 View Post
If he goes through the paypal dispute the funds they have locked will let him refund you
this is correct. He was using a stall tactic. He also tried to get me to send gift payment up front which is a huge red flag
Old 10-31-2012, 12:34 AM   #22 (permalink)

People like this should be banned from selling on here. This is why it keeps happening. They will ban eventually but a boatload of people have to get ripped off first. This clown will be back here tomorrow selling.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:25 AM   #23 (permalink)

UPDATE... I have left the seller a negative feedback... I gave him a chance to avoid the feedback by asking for proof of this "$65 ebay transaction" .. if he had shown me the sale I told him I wouldn't leave any feedback. Instead he replied back telling me he could only refund me if I closed the paypal dispute. This guy is a complete and utter scam artist.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:33 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
UPDATE... I have left the seller a negative feedback... I gave him a chance to avoid the feedback by asking for proof of this "$65 ebay transaction" .. if he had shown me the sale I told him I wouldn't leave any feedback. Instead he replied back telling me he could only refund me if I closed the paypal dispute. This guy is a complete and utter scam artist.
Good for you.I hope you get your money back.Do not close the case no matter what he says. Once you close it, you cannot reopen it.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:34 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Good for you.I hope you get your money back.Do not close the case no matter what he says. Once you close it, you cannot reopen it.
I replied back saying "you really can't think I'm that dumb" lol.