Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 01:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Block this Ebayer unless you want neg's

So, this guy gives me a negative out of the blue for a card from last month. When I look up the tracking, it shows it being delivered 9/24/12. When I contacted him about it, he says he never got the card and tried to email me 3 times and didn't get a response. I have since confirmed with the post office it was delivered, thought a slight chance it could have been stolen out of his mailbox. I called ebay and had them check out the guy's sent messages, and he has never sent one to me, so I know the guy is lying, at least about sending me 3 messages. Of course, Ebay can't remove the negative, and I don't want a policy violation for leaving him a bad positive feedback. He bought a racing card, so people who sell racing cards beware. Buyer's id is Gatest45.
Tylerg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

eBay really won't remove the negative no matter what? The buyer lied, clearly.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerg30 View Post
So, this guy gives me a negative out of the blue for a card from last month. When I look up the tracking, it shows it being delivered 9/24/12. When I contacted him about it, he says he never got the card and tried to email me 3 times and didn't get a response. I have since confirmed with the post office it was delivered, thought a slight chance it could have been stolen out of his mailbox. I called ebay and had them check out the guy's sent messages, and he has never sent one to me, so I know the guy is lying, at least about sending me 3 messages. Of course, Ebay can't remove the negative, and I don't want a policy violation for leaving him a bad positive feedback. He bought a racing card, so people who sell racing cards beware. Buyer's id is Gatest45.
eBay should be willing to remove it if you can prove the guy lied with an attempt to extort. Try to get him to say something like "I will withdraw the feedback if you refund me"
Old 10-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Nope, they said the only thing I can do is send the guy a feedback revision form and ask him to revise the negative feedback, which I know would be a lost cause at this point. I have proof it was dlvd, ebay has proof he lied, but I'm stuck with my 1 and only negative. I thought maybe my 600 fb per month would help me in this case, but I guess not. The Ebay guy I talked to said he probably didn't open a case on it to get his money back, because he knew he wouldn't win.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Nope, they said the only thing I can do is send the guy a feedback revision form and ask him to revise the negative feedback, which I know would be a lost cause at this point. I have proof it was dlvd, ebay has proof he lied, but I'm stuck with my 1 and only negative. I thought maybe my 600 fb per month would help me in this case, but I guess not. The Ebay guy I talked to said he probably didn't open a case on it to get his money back, because he knew he wouldn't win.
I have over 15k feedback and when a person clearly tried to extort me with feedback (their words) they told me they would remove it.. and never did. Just part of the business I guess.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

Another case of sellers running the business, but get no protection. I guess that's why they call it a "buyer's community" and not a seller's community.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

You might make sure the buyer left ot for the correct seller. If he bought 2 similar cards around tue same time he may have been confused.

Worth a shot anyway.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

call them back, I had left a legitimate neg to a dude, then a few weeks later he bought something from me and neg'd me, Ebay removed it, but you have to call and be persistent
bjs852 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Typically they won't remove the negative because ebay states "he had a negative experience" which is BS. If your top rated they will remove the feedback if you have all ends tied, just called them up and keep asking for a supervisor.
Jrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjs852 View Post
call them back, I had left a legitimate neg to a dude, then a few weeks later he bought something from me and neg'd me, Ebay removed it, but you have to call and be persistent
That's a totally different scenario. You were able to prove bidding with malicious intent since it was retalitory. (side note...that's why it's good to not buy and sell on the same id)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrb1 View Post
Typically they won't remove the negative because ebay states "he had a negative experience" which is BS. If your top rated they will remove the feedback if you have all ends tied, just called them up and keep asking for a supervisor.
Ebay will not remove a neg just because you're top rated.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post

Ebay will not remove a neg just because you're top rated.
worked in my scenario.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

Yeah, I'm top rated and a power seller and they wouldn't remove it. The ebay rep even told me because I have proof of delivery and he lied about the messages, that they would go in my favor if he filed a case for a refund, but that the feedback is different. The feedback system is so flawed, you can skip payment on 50 items and still have 100% feedback. Worst thing that happens to you is you have to make a new account to bid on stuff. As a seller, you lose sales because of some deadbeats.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Where you threatened with a negative? That's why mine was removed, via feedback extortion.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

No, I know about feedback extortion, and it would have been removed if that was the case. There was no communication at all, until I asked him why he left a negative.

Just makes me wonder why ebay requires tracking to be uploaded, other than for refunds. If you aren't going to use it as evidence when issues arise, then why bother? Other than to not have to give out discounts to sellers. The more I think about this, the more iritated I get
Old 10-31-2012, 04:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
No, I know about feedback extortion, and it would have been removed if that was the case. There was no communication at all, until I asked him why he left a negative.

Just makes me wonder why ebay requires tracking to be uploaded, other than for refunds. If you aren't going to use it as evidence when issues arise, then why bother? Other than to not have to give out discounts to sellers. The more I think about this, the more iritated I get
Like someone said above, I would keep calling eBay and ask for a supervisor and be very persistant because this is extremely unfair. Get this negative removed and report the buyer.
remlaf01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:26 PM   #16 (permalink)

Yeah I think I will. I did report the buyer, but not sure if that does anything. Just made me feel better for now lol.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah I think I will. I did report the buyer, but not sure if that does anything. Just made me feel better for now lol.
I agree with everyone else ... keep calling and calling until you get the right answer. Be polite and thorough, but persistent.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:20 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
worked in my scenario.
Quote:
Where you threatened with a negative? That's why mine was removed, via feedback extortion.
Then it wasn't because you were top rated.

Extortion is why your feedback was removed. It had absolutely nothing to do with your supposed top seller status.

Last edited by bigzig; 10-31-2012 at 05:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-31-2012, 05:25 PM   #19 (permalink)

Op, you can call ebay over and over hoping to reach someone that would remove it. It's not impossible. It's just not common.

Sometimes the squeaky wheel get the grease. It just depends how much effort you want to put into it.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:30 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Then it wasn't because you were top rated.

Extortion is why your feedback was removed. It had absolutely nothing to do with your supposed top seller status.
So JRB is a crusader when it comes to the "insane" shipping charge of $2.50 per item with 50 cents extra, to a cap of $4.00...

but he's ABSOLUTELY FINE with his idea that ebay would remove a negative just because he's a TOP RATED SELLER?

As I've stated, give everyone enough rope and their ethics shine through like the dawn.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMabry47 View Post
So JRB is a crusader when it comes to the "insane" shipping charge of $2.50 per item with 50 cents extra, to a cap of $4.00...

but he's ABSOLUTELY FINE with his idea that ebay would remove a negative just because he's a TOP RATED SELLER?

As I've stated, give everyone enough rope and their ethics shine through like the dawn.
I feel ebay helps top rated sellers more than sellers that aren't top rated. You don't think so? I certainly do, never once had them go against me, as long as your "I's" are dotted and "T's" are crossed I feel they go above and beyond. Compliance goes a long way.

I guess you don't feel that way because you overcharge for shipping.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
I feel ebay helps top rated sellers more than sellers that aren't top rated. You don't think so? I certainly do, never once had them go against me, as long as your "I's" are dotted and "T's" are crossed I feel they go above and beyond. Compliance goes a long way.

I guess you don't feel that way because you overcharge for shipping.

I'm top rated also, Captain Crybaby. Nice try.

Guess what? I charge for my shipping AND I'm still top rated.

Personally? I think if they were no reason to remove a negative feedback other than the person was "top rated", that more than shows the sham that ebay is. Thanks for helping to prove my point. I might introduce you to another like-minded individual on the site..won't give his name...just check a few signatures. He's MORE than endeared himself to the folks here, as you are quickly doing as well.

You've MORE than helped everyone on the site see how mature and ethical you are. Continue digging your own grave and giving it away on ebay like the girls at the docks. If anyone wants my ebay ID, it's next to my avatar..unlike those that have something to hide.

Last edited by JohnMabry47; 10-31-2012 at 05:49 PM.
JohnMabry47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Actually if you read the thread you will see I am not doing the crying, you will see a dozen + people crying, not me, I am happy. I think its kinda funny watching everyone there trying to justiify why they can overcharge however, this needs to be in that thread. Honestly you just don't like me because I speak the truth. The truth hurts.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:27 PM   #24 (permalink)

I'm crying because I copy this name Gatest45 and tried to block it.
BUT THEN GET......INVALID USER!!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Actually if you read the thread you will see I am not doing the crying, you will see a dozen + people crying, not me, I am happy. I think its kinda funny watching everyone there trying to justiify why they can overcharge however, this needs to be in that thread. Honestly you just don't like me because I speak the truth. The truth hurts.
Umm..there's only like 8 people in this thread (including you) not 12+. And pretty much every post has been helpful except the one where you said they will remove a neg because you are top rated.