Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sketchy Member: pro1024

Before I start, any time that I mention are all Pacific Standard time
Last night at 9:14 PM, he and I have reached a deal for my Calvin NT patch auto. He would give me $140 PayPal and a Weeden prestige auto. He has only 3 feedback so I asked him if he can send both first(the Weeden and the $140 PayPal). He told me since he was sending majority PayPal, if we can ship at the same time. So I then told him I can ship on Saturday if he ships today with DC. He then replies
"sorry man but i'm the only one that's been compromising on this deal..we're talking about $20 and although i'm new, I have done a couple high end deals..and I'm not going to take a reputation hit on here for $20"
I then tell him to just send and his latest activity was at 10:30 PM and he didnt send the package or the PayPal.

I think this is ridiculous. Ignoring my PMs for over 1 hour after agreeing to a deal, not sending his side and he acts like hes a regular with only THREE feedback. And he thinks that if he scams me $20, its not a big deal.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Also asked if he would send first as he was interested in a Montana auto I had. Said no so I just said thanks and moved on.
freeman2jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman2jackson View Post
Also asked if he would send first as he was interested in a Montana auto I had. Said no so I just said thanks and moved on.
3 feedback and wont send first...
Old 11-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wouldn't be an issue at all if there was a firm rule in place about it.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman2jackson View Post
And good thing he didn't.

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/obadger/sale%20or%20trade---Autos/
obadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

He pays quickly, I know that. We just worked a deal Friday evening. Some people don't want to send first. I get it, but sometimes you have to pull the feedback card and if it doesn't work, then call off the deal. When in doubt, do without! But my experience with this member in question is good from a selling standpoint. He made a fair offer on a card I had for sale, and paid instantly. Seems like a nice person to me.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Been out all day and haven't had a chance to address this!

First of all after negotiating for 2 hrs I was the only one willing to compromise! you wouldn't even split the difference with me on $10 we were off on..I gave in to your asking price...in order to get the deal done.

But we couldn't agree on terms! when I was paying you $140 up front in cash and you insisted on receiving the $20 card first before sending mine out...I was done with that deal...so you PM me agreeing to send mine out at the same time but guess what...it was 3:30 am east coast time and I don't know about you but I work for a living..

I can understand about being a new member and all but me being new...I'm still getting to know people on here.. I made a deal with "tsettle34" on here where I sent him a redemption code via PM in blind faith hoping that I would get something back in return..and I did..in dealing with him I felt comfortable ...You my friend, to use your terms..struck me as "shady"

In 2 months on ebay I have over 160 transactions with a Perfect 100% feedback rating..

You are the one with a black mark on your feedback """"Sold me 2 cards, I paid for them, then he said he traded them over memorial day"""" now that is SHADY

We tried to deal it didn't work out..big Deal! for you to take to the forum to bad mouth me says more about you than me!!

Your acting like a 13yr old school girl who got her heart broken! grow up..

And if this is what happens when you can't agree on a deal or delivery terms I'll pass
pro1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by obadger View Post
And good thing he didn't.
Your card was over priced...had nothing to do with sending you anything...you wanted more that I was willing to pay...I'm assuming we are buying, selling, and trading under free will on here...Let me know if not...and I'm required to send you anything and everything you ask for.
pro1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro1024 View Post

First of all after negotiating for 2 hrs I was the only one willing to compromise! you wouldn't even split the difference with me on $10 we were off on..I gave in to your asking price...in order to get the deal done.

But we couldn't agree on terms! when I was paying you $140 up front in cash and you insisted on receiving the $20 card first before sending mine out...I was done with that deal...so you PM me agreeing to send mine out at the same time but guess what...it was 3:30 am east coast time and I don't know about you but I work for a living..

I can understand about being a new member and all but me being new...I'm still getting to know people on here.. I made a deal with "tsettle34" on here where I sent him a redemption code via PM in blind faith hoping that I would get something back in return..and I did..in dealing with him I felt comfortable ...You my friend, to use your terms..struck me as "shady"

In 2 months on ebay I have over 160 transactions with a Perfect 100% feedback rating..

You are the one with a black mark on your feedback """"Sold me 2 cards, I paid for them, then he said he traded them over memorial day"""" now that is SHADY

We tried to deal it didn't work out..big Deal! for you to take to the forum to bad mouth me says more about you than me!!

And if this is what happens when you can't agree on a deal or delivery terms I'll pass
He didnt respond for 4 days?? How am I supposed to know if he still wants the card. You had THREE feedback and then tell me that you wont get a reputation hit if you scammed me $20 in cards. Ive made 44 deals while you did only 3. So why should I compromise for a newbie??? Please, youre the only one at fault here.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro1024 View Post

Also, Guru left me a neutral. We dealt again after and that deal was flawless. He left me a positive as did I, so please dont jump to conclusions...
Old 11-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

I've made a high end trade deal with pro102. I find him to be an upstanding new member. He had great communication. He was willing to send first. And had great communication throughout. I had no problems.
tsettle34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsettle34 View Post
I've made a high end trade deal with pro102. I find him to be an upstanding new member. He had great communication. He was willing to send first. And had great communication throughout. I had no problems.
Ok, he has FOUR people that can vouch for him, I have 44. The part that made me make this thread when he said about him not being affected if he scammed me $20.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

ill be the 5th to vouch as I did a highend deal also , and know him personally he lives close , and his reqwuest for not sending first isnt far stretched being the majority is paypal as you stated , I think at that point ther eis mis communication and fustration on your part and maybe you two can make up play nice together lol ,
gingerscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerscards View Post
ill be the 5th to vouch as I did a highend deal also , and know him personally he lives close , and his reqwuest for not sending first isnt far stretched being the majority is paypal as you stated , I think at that point ther eis mis communication and fustration on your part and maybe you two can make up play nice together lol ,
Is he messaging you to defend him? Seems so... How akward when he has only 4 feedback and they start defending him out of no where. He cant fight his own battles.. Typical...
Old 11-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

also since it was lastnight you two talked about a deal , where do you get he scammed you for $20 worth the cards ?? did you send deatomizer express shipping
Old 11-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerCards7 View Post
Ok, he has FOUR people that can vouch for him, I have 44. The part that made me make this thread when he said about him not being affected if he scammed me $20.
That's not what he said at all. He said he isn't willing to risk his reputation for $20.

How I interpreted the following message:

Quote:
"sorry man but i'm the only one that's been compromising on this deal..we're talking about $20 and although i'm new, I have done a couple high end deals..and I'm not going to take a reputation hit on here for $20"
That message made it clear he didn't want to send first. He felt the fact he was paying $140 PP on top of trading cards as well should be enough, and honestly I agree with him.

"Ignoring my PMs for over 1 hour after agreeing to a deal, not sending his side and he acts like hes a regular with only THREE feedback."

You are assuming he was sitting at his computer after he sent that message. Hell, most of the time blowout shows me as online, but I'm not. I either have it pulled up on my ipad, my computer or my phone, and forget. Maybe he walked away and went to bed with the forum still online. Your assumption is that he was just sitting there ignoring you. By your admission, it was at 10:30pm PST, dude lives on the east coast...which means it's 1:30 in the morning where he lives.

This didn't even warrant a call out thread in my opinion. You made a callout thread the day AFTER this "deal" was made. You didn't even give him time to even respond to a PM (thread was made 17 hours after your last PM to him).

Not everyone sits online on this forum all day.
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

exactly , well said
Old 11-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #18 (permalink)

well this member goes to my LCS and him, myself, the owner, and another person went to a big card show together today. stand up guy....easy to deal with...we are actually in talks with a high end deal as we speak. i wouldn't hesitate to deal with him at all.
dacaptain37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
That's not what he said at all. He said he isn't willing to risk his reputation for $20.

How I interpreted the following message:

That message made it clear he didn't want to send first. He felt the fact he was paying $140 PP on top of trading cards as well should be enough, and honestly I agree with him.

"Ignoring my PMs for over 1 hour after agreeing to a deal, not sending his side and he acts like hes a regular with only THREE feedback."

You are assuming he was sitting at his computer after he sent that message. Hell, most of the time blowout shows me as online, but I'm not. I either have it pulled up on my ipad, my computer or my phone, and forget. Maybe he walked away and went to bed with the forum still online. Your assumption is that he was just sitting there ignoring you. By your admission, it was at 10:30pm PST, dude lives on the east coast...which means it's 1:30 in the morning where he lives.

This didn't even warrant a call out thread in my opinion. You made a callout thread the day AFTER this "deal" was made. You didn't even give him time to even respond to a PM (thread was made 17 hours after your last PM to him).

Not everyone sits online on this forum all day.
His latest activity was an hour after we dealt... I finally agreed to his terms and he didnt pay his side nor did he respond.. He said he would ship the day after and did that happen? No
Old 11-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #20 (permalink)

Im going to be honest... Im at fault at some parts and big enough to admit it unlike him... He trys to say Im a bad member and people not to deal with me because I had one neutral from over 6 months ago...

Last edited by LakerCards7; 11-04-2012 at 06:30 PM.
LakerCards7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #21 (permalink)

Did not see your Mea Culpa. Neither one of you seem like bad guys. I hope that you both find better deals next time.
Quote:
You had THREE feedback and then tell me that you wont get a reputation hit if you scammed me $20 in cards.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
His latest activity was an hour after we dealt... I finally agreed to his terms and he didnt pay his side nor did he respond.. He said he would ship the day after and did that happen? No
If you are saying his "latest activity" is from his profile page, you are misinformed. That "Timestamp" has nothing to do with posting on the forum. It has to do with the last time he was "online", which doesn't even mean he was at his computer.

You are basing so much of this on an "assumption" of what you think happened, not facts.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
If you are saying his "latest activity" is from his profile page, you are misinformed. That "Timestamp" has nothing to do with posting on the forum. It has to do with the last time he was "online", which doesn't even mean he was at his computer.

You are basing so much of this on an "assumption" of what you think happened, not facts.
So what youre trying to tell me is even if he wasnt on his computer for that hour. He had to go back to his computer to either turn it off or close blowout. He couldve took 30 seconds to message me back saying he would message me tomorrow or anything like that
Old 11-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Im going to be honest... Im at fault at some parts and big enough to admit it unlike him... He trys to say Im a bad member and people not to deal with me because I had one neutral over 6 months ago...
This is the pot calling the kettle black, you made digs at his feedback as well, and how he's a noob.

Just grow up, and move on. There has been numerous people (with more feedback than you, and longer on the forums than you) that have made high end deals with him, and you treated him like a "noob" to use your words.

Continuing this attack when most people who can look at this objectively thinks you handled yourself poorly will continue to just add to the thread count, and not change anything.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
So what youre trying to tell me is even if he wasnt on his computer for that hour. He had to go back to his computer to either turn it off or close blowout. He couldve took 30 seconds to message me back saying he would message me tomorrow or anything like that
Maybe his wife used the computer? Again, you are assuming. Do you not get it? There's 4 people in my house (wife and 2 kids), if I walk away from the computer, there's a good chance someone is hopping onto it within an hour.