Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs down At Least He Marked it "Do Not Bend"

Not really a valuable card, but I do find it irritating when a thick card gets shipped raw in a cracked Ultra-Pro sleeve and a PWE. Subtle, but there's creasing along the center of all long edges on both sides .

Not worth shipping back for the $5.56 I paid. Card is described as "mint" in the listing. Shall I torch the feedback or drop a note first?

At Least He Marked it "Do Not Bend"-img_1258.jpg At Least He Marked it "Do Not Bend"-img_1259.jpg At Least He Marked it "Do Not Bend"-img_1262.jpg At Least He Marked it "Do Not Bend"-img_1265.jpg

Lots of [???], [Missing] and #N/A at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Couple of questions:

1. Did you pay for shipping on top of the auction, or was it "free" shipping?
2. If you paid for shipping, does he have anything in his listing about shipping PWE unless it reaches a certain amount?
Old 11-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'd contact him first and foremost. If you don't want to return it, not much he will probably do. That being said, at least a neutral would be warranted.

Irks me when people put free shipping on an item, and don't take into effect that there is hardly ANY way a thick card will make it safely in a PWE. It would have cost him another dollar to ship it in a bubble? C'Mon man... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=261115153757
Verufian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Not even nonmachinable? I'd let him know if he plans to ship PWE, pay the extra few cents and get nonmachinable. Then see if he refunds you, if so then just move on. If he causes a scene, then start thinking about feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
I'd contact him first and foremost. If you don't want to return it, not much he will probably do. That being said, at least a neutral would be warranted.

Irks me when people put free shipping on an item, and don't take into effect that there is hardly ANY way a thick card will make it safely in a PWE. It would have cost him another dollar to ship it in a bubble? C'Mon man... 2012 Topps Historical Stitches Roger Maris | eBay
Actually a lot can get through a PWE as a nonmachinable. I ship common inserts this way (like 4 or 5 in a thicker toploader) and never had an issue. Had more issues with bubble then nonmachinable.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimssouvenirs View Post
Couple of questions:

1. Did you pay for shipping on top of the auction, or was it "free" shipping?
2. If you paid for shipping, does he have anything in his listing about shipping PWE unless it reaches a certain amount?
"Free" Shipping. Funny enough, I offer free shipping on all listings I do, and every card goes out in a sleeve, secured top loader, team bag and bubble mailer regardless of the final bid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post

Irks me when people put free shipping on an item, and don't take into effect that there is hardly ANY way a thick card will make it safely in a PWE. It would have cost him another dollar to ship it in a bubble? C'Mon man... 2012 Topps Historical Stitches Roger Maris | eBay
I guess I assumed too much from the seller. Perfect feedback means little these days .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Not even nonmachinable? I'd let him know if he plans to ship PWE, pay the extra few cents and get nonmachinable. Then see if he refunds you, if so then just move on. If he causes a scene, then start thinking about feedback.

Actually a lot can get through a PWE as a nonmachinable. I ship common inserts this way (like 4 or 5 in a thicker toploader) and never had an issue. Had more issues with bubble then nonmachinable.
Non-machinable at a bear minimum IMO.

Here's what I sent the seller. I wonder if he'll reply at all:

Hi. Card received. Thanks for the prompt shipping. Just a heads up, I'd recommend shipping thicker cards like this as "non-machinable" or in bubble mailers in the future. If you don't planning shipping this way at a minimum, I'd say it would be worthwhile noting in the listing. The card ended up suffering damage (creasing) along a few of the longer edges, which is too bad considering it was such a nice card to begin with (like you stated - MINT). -Chad- chaddie84

Old 11-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Response from seller (he provided a full refund immediately):

I'm sorry for the damage. Unfortunately, that happens I guess. I have a few more of the thicker cards. I will have to rethink my strategy. I will refund you and I hope this doesn't scare you away from bidding on something else that you might want. Thanks again.

My Response:

Thanks for the quick response. A refund wasn't expected, but is appreciated. Do you want the card return shipped? I'll keep you in mind for future purchases.

Super classy. It's nice when things can work out amicably. I'm glad I didn't fly off the handle . I'll likely shop with him down the road.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Nice to see one of these situations actually get worked out between the parties involved. Still too bad for your card but beats how these usually turn out.
jusdukky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusdukky View Post
Nice to see one of these situations actually get worked out between the parties involved. Still too bad for your card but beats how these usually turn out.
Agreed. I'd take the card in good condition over the money any day, but it could have been worse.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

what do u guys mean "non-machineable"? can u request that .. how? - writing on the pwe or asking the PO clerk?

thx
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
what do u guys mean "non-machineable"? can u request that .. how? - writing on the pwe or asking the PO clerk?

thx
DMM Notice 123 Price List

It's an extra $0.20 postage on a first class envelope. Make sure to boldly mark the envelope "Non Machineable - Do Not Bend". Even with this, I've still seen cards go through the machine. Your odds are improved if you personally hand it off at the counter at the PO.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

I dont know why the post office lets anything through in PWE. As soon as anything is NON Paper / document in an envelope no matter what size, its automatically must be declared and sent parcel. This is how it works sending from Canada to the US.

The regular mail in bubble mailer goes out regular if its 4x8 or less. Anything else is considered parcel. This makes it easy!! Everything goes out in bubble mailer period with proper protection. Even commons!! Thats how I ship
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote