Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #51 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
I agree, so would 99% of this board. If the member name was never stated, people would of agreed with the OP more willing IMO.
LMAO Please. Thats #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@. I am not in the "in" crowd

Ebay wants you to rate after the sale.. Did you read my explanation.

I saw $4 shipping and assumed he had to pay that. Come to find out he did not. Some guys do not use bulk mailers or paypal shipping thus it cost that much. However when it comes in a bulk mailer and paypal shipping then he clearly overcharged and why ebay wants you to rate it. So its ok for sellers to make money on shipping? Damn wtf am i doing wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
+1. I have no issues with Wheeler, but he did know how much the shipping and handling would be on the item. It's not like it's a mystery.
handling?
Old 11-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #52 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
LMAO Please. Thats #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@. I am not in the "in" crowd

Ebay wants you to rate after the sale.. Did you read my explanation.

I saw $4 shipping and assumed he had to pay that. Come to find out he did not. Some guys do not use bulk mailers or paypal shipping thus it cost that much. However when it comes in a bulk mailer and paypal shipping then he clearly overcharged and why ebay wants you to rate it. So its ok for sellers to make money on shipping? Damn wtf am i doing wrong

handling?
I tried to have your side here, just was looking at it from a different POV. However as people have stated on this site a million times. If you see the price, you paid it, that's that. If you were willing to pay for it, and the card came as expected, why does it matter how it came? Sure it stinks to pay extra, but you were willing to. Don't give me this, "Well I figured if they used USPS DC not PP than it is okay." As a buyer, we need to expect that they are shipping with PP shipping. Just today, I was gonna buy some low-end Antonio Brown's, saw the s/h and said, "No thanks." So he profited money off shipping, who cares. You paid what you were willing to pay. It sounds like when people try and pay less here because, "You are saving fees." Why does it matter what the seller profits? If you were willing to pay (ex) $15, than you did. $11+$4s/h or $15 with free shipping, it is all the same. Again, I have no issue with you, but this is a big debate.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Why does it matter what the seller profits?
Can't even reason with that and would never agree regardless of who it is member wise. I actually have rational trains of thoughts and figured it did in fact cost him. Sorry thats me
I guess I need to start charging $4. Damn I knew it
Old 11-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #54 (permalink)

The OP has disappeared.......
Old 11-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #55 (permalink)

To all of the people who play the "you knew the shipping costs when you bid" garbage, you never know how a seller ships until after the fact. If you charge $4 for shipping, you should be paying $4 for shipping/packaging.
RITM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RITM View Post
To all of the people who play the "you knew the shipping costs when you bid" garbage, you never know how a seller ships until after the fact. If you charge $4 for shipping, you should be paying $4 for shipping/packaging.
this is totally the case
Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #57 (permalink)

As snap son.. There is an "in" crowd here! Imma make some new friends!

$4 is excessive shipping yo! Many times $3 is excessive. If it costs 1.70 to ship doubling that is bogus.

It's my third pet peeve. Right behind:

1. When you go out for food and bring back a cup and bag with the restaurants logos all over it. Then someone goes hey man where'd you go to eat? That's annoying!

2. No shipping discount. I bought 4 cards from a seller and they billed me $12 shipping. So I took out my dsr machete and whittled something nice for my wife to wear.
notjomommasclin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:24 AM   #58 (permalink)

Well I guess if enough people hammer a sellers shipping DSR then maybe they will get the hint to lower thier shipping charge. Pretty sure thats why ebay set the system up the way they did. So buyers can let sellers know what they think of thier shipping charge. I could be mistaken.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:42 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RITM View Post
This, I once got charged $7 shipping for "expedited shipping" in description. Card came in a bubble mailer using 1st class mail and card was in toploader ONLY. No penny sleeve, tape, or extra protection.
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #60 (permalink)
Banned

Just my two cents on this issue...

In the past I've had good and bad experiences with sellers from the USA and the UK when it comes to S&H rates. As long as I receive the item as described in an appropriate time, every seller will receive a positive feedback, but DSR ratings on shipping fees are another thing.

I've had sellers from the USA and the UK shipping my cards in normal envelopes (the cards themself were in protective thick toploaders), so the actual shipping costs were always the same, but the range of S&H was sometimes really ridiculous when you compared them!

So for example if the actual shipping is let's say $2.50 and the seller charges me anything between $2.50 and $3.00, I'm fine with it and the seller will receive 5* DSR feedback. But I also had sellers charging me between $5.00 and $10.00 upwards for the exact same shipping others used! So yes, some try to rip you off when it comes to international shipping. That's why I have no problem leaving only a 1* DSR feedback on outrageous shipping fees.

The lame "you knew the shipping costs when you bid" card that some sellers will pull won't wash! I have no info on what service they might use to ship my cards, so in the first place I trust them not to make a huge profit of their shipping fees. But when I receive the letters and see the USPS or Royal Mail stamp/mark and it says $2.50, there is absolutely NO excuse for a seller to charge twice or triple as much. So while the communication with the seller might have been great and thus will get the seller a 5* DSR rating, he will also receive a 1* DSR rating for exaggerated shipping fees.

I've read statements on this thread from a seller who argued la "Well, I need to drive to the post office, I need to stand in line and wait, so that's why I charge more than I'd need to charge". HELLO?!? Can this seller be serious??? I am paying for the card, for a product! I'm not paying for your gas, time, whatsoever. It's the seller's descision to sell on eBay and if he's annoyed to do business with people (which includes to ship the product the buyer has paid for), he should stay away from eBay!

On the other side, the majority of sellers are really good and my experience is that some are just unsure when it comes to international shipping, that's why they use a very high shipping fee not knowing that the shipping can be done much cheaper. Most were thankful when I messaged them and informed them on how to ship cheaper. Once they know some of their contrahents use cheaper shipping fees, they always lowered their once very high shipping fee to the actual shipping fee and can rest asure to receive a 5* DSR rating on shipping cots.
Estephano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #61 (permalink)
Banned

I've made as many friends on here as Michael Jackson had adult friends.

$4 shipping, with the exception of insuring a big dollar purchase, is retarded. Anyone justifying that this is reasonable is an absolute tool. Also, when folks say "oh, I charge for the mailer, the printing, the sleeve, the top load, the team bag, the effort into writing 'Thank you' on the invoice, the gas in my vehicle, the broken condom in the bedroom last night and the 40oz'er I bought Paco" needs to be bashed with a tire iron. Ugh, this world is full of breeding idiots.

To this wheeler clown, you suck.

/world.
55_marlins_sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55_marlins_sp View Post

$4 shipping, with the exception of insuring a big dollar purchase, is retarded. Anyone justifying that this is reasonable is an absolute tool. Also, when folks say "oh, I charge for the mailer, the printing, the sleeve, the top load, the team bag, the effort into writing 'Thank you' on the invoice, the gas in my vehicle, the broken condom in the bedroom last night and the 40oz'er I bought Paco" needs to be bashed with a tire iron. Ugh, this world is full of breeding idiots.

/world.
why dont you tell us how you really feel
Old 11-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Well I guess if enough people hammer a sellers shipping DSR then maybe they will get the hint to lower thier shipping charge. Pretty sure thats why ebay set the system up the way they did. So buyers can let sellers know what they think of thier shipping charge. I could be mistaken.
Agreed. What would be the point of having a measurement system to begin with if it was supposed to be assumed to be all 5 stars? Free shipping = no DSR rating because they don't need feedback.
jrubbo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #64 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
why dont you tell us how you really feel
My therapist tells me to bottle up all my feelings inside.
55_marlins_sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55_marlins_sp View Post

/world.
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

Last edited by wheeler281; 11-13-2012 at 09:46 PM. Reason: .gif
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #66 (permalink)

:liamneeson:

Old 11-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #67 (permalink)

to everyone in this thread who says offer free shipping...

here, i give away cards regularly with free shipping that sell for less than it cost to ship them so people dont whine about how much I charge them and ding my DSRs

Raimel Tapia was born to hit baseballs
gunshowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:54 AM   #68 (permalink)

I rarely bid on items with $3 shipping. Higher than that and there's no way in hell I'm bidding. You're probably losing potential customers by over charging on shipping. Why does it make sense to charge $4 on more expensive items? Frequently here if you spend $20 plus shipping is free... Your rationale baffles me
49ers_Swag is online now   Reply With Quote