Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is It Just Me, or Am I Overreacting?

Hey all!

I was selling a lot yesterday, and I received a message from a potential buyer. Here is the series of messages we exchanged:

BUYER:

Does Best Buy sell the headphones you are looking at?

If so, I have a $135 best buy gift card I'd be willing to swing towards the Ryan/White dual auto.
if not sweet looking card!

ME:

We're in luck! It is available there, so what were you thinking? Thanks!

BUYER:

I'm thinking this is a match made in heaven lol jk.

The card is $135 and you were looking for $150 ish?

I'd be fine straight up but that would be up to you if you need extra.

Would you want me to ship the card or just pm/email you the code so you can order online?

ME:

LOL if straight up (the gift card for the dual auto) works for you, it works for me! I think PMing the code would probably be easiest for both of us, as I'm sure I can purchase it online and have it ready at my local store. However, whatever works with you. Thanks!

BUYER:

Hey,

Just checked ebay and saw the last one went for 150 as a BO but the one before only went for 46 so I'm kinda stuck lol. Do you have anything else besides what's in your thread?

Long story short, thereafter he started trying to negotiate with me even further and ended up offering his $135 gift card for Roddy White/Matt Ryan dual auto (that most recently sold for $150) and a Colts quad auto booklet (sold once for $94)...

I was disappointed since he had initially offered it straight up for the White/Ryan auto, so I was a bit caught off-guard when he flipped the tables on me and threw in another card.

In all fairness, the dual auto did sell twice. Once for $46 and once for $150. However, the $150 once was most recent. He claimed that the $46 completed listing was most accurate, however that was a completed listing during August (before the NFL season started and both players took off).

I tried explaining to him how Doug Martin autos sold for a couple bucks in August, but how they now sell for $40+, so it isn't really fair to value a card at what it sold for months ago, and that one has to pay the going rate. I also told him that he should probably check eBay and do his research BEFORE he makes an offer, so we don't both waste each others' time.

I guess I'm confused about that FINE LINE between DEAL and NO DEAL, however I was upset, since I currently feel as if he just backed out of a deal.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
lagalaxyfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

it sucks, but no money or card changed hands so no deal.
go_steelers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Finally a thread about me

Drop it already bro
Buying all past and present Braves (in a Braves Uniform or in their system when the card was made). Also, looking for Falcons and UGA & GT Football Alumni (A.J. Green, Calvin Johnson, Matt Stafford, etc) http://s1358.photobucket.com/albums/q763/blakesbucketofphotos/ COMC account 800+ cards lowest prices on the site.
btmcrushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Subbed.....

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmcrushers View Post
Finally a thread about me

Drop it already bro
bustin the bro comments,,,
bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Annoying as hell, but what can you do. I do my research first before making offers and if I don't for some reason I still stick to my word. That's a dying thing though..l
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

Stop crying.

Why do some people need to be so dramatic.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'll say my two cents and be done.

Pm'd about a deal figured the card sold for $150 on a regular basis. Took literally 1 minute between pms to check last sales just to double check only two last sales one at $46 as an auction and one as a BIN/BO at $150. Decided that wasn't enough for me to constitute a trade, tried a few other offers and didn't work out. Instead of just saying no thanks OP went into hoopla when all he had to do was say no. Continued to get into hoopla after I said all he had to do was say no and leave it at that.

Btw, think it worked out just fine for him. Sold the lot for at least around $100 more than what the GC was worth.....

Don't see why this warranted a thread but fire way OP/Boys. I have bigger fish to fry.
Buying all past and present Braves (in a Braves Uniform or in their system when the card was made). Also, looking for Falcons and UGA & GT Football Alumni (A.J. Green, Calvin Johnson, Matt Stafford, etc) http://s1358.photobucket.com/albums/q763/blakesbucketofphotos/ COMC account 800+ cards lowest prices on the site.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Also, before any says low ball, I offered to throw in some of the guy he PC's that sell for around $30 ish. And told him I had other stuff if need be
Old 11-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmcrushers View Post
I'll say my two cents and be done.

Pm'd about a deal figured the card sold for $150 on a regular basis. Took literally 1 minute between pms to check last sales just to double check only two last sales one at $46 as an auction and one as a BIN/BO at $150. Decided that wasn't enough for me to constitute a trade, tried a few other offers and didn't work out. Instead of just saying no thanks OP went into hoopla when all he had to do was say no. Continued to get into hoopla after I said all he had to do was say no and leave it at that.

Btw, think it worked out just fine for him. Sold the lot for at least around $100 more than what the GC was worth.....

Don't see why this warranted a thread but fire way OP/Boys. I have bigger fish to fry.
You made me an offer (and even asked whether you should ship it via mail or PM), and I accepted.

Your other "offers" consisted of lower-end cards that did not improve your offer at all. You tried telling me that "if the Falcons lose their next 8 games, it will go back to being a $45 card."

I'm angry since I told an actual serious buyer that the lot was being negotiated, and he missed out on it unfortunately.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
Annoying as hell, but what can you do. I do my research first before making offers and if I don't for some reason I still stick to my word. That's a dying thing though..l
*Sigh* I guess so...I don't know...its just that whenever I make an offer, I do all my research before sending that PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

edited to prevent a problemo

Last edited by bazinga; 11-14-2012 at 11:29 PM.
bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

I am happy with my purchase. Glad we could handle a transaction with both parties being pleased in the end.
hxcdavidjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:01 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxcdavidjones View Post
I am happy with my purchase. Glad we could handle a transaction with both parties being pleased in the end.
Thanks again man! Might have slipped an extra in there, and props to you for serving in our military.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #15 (permalink)

I guess I'll just never understand why buyers can't do their research before making on offer.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

its sad and idiotic that most people feel this way. Im not saying you had a deal, but you were damn close, close enough it would piss me off. But the fact that no money changed hands?? Thats just retarded (sorry if this ofofends anyone, but thats the best word to describe it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
it sucks, but no money or card changed hands so no deal.
JamiMadrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #17 (permalink)

a verbal agreement was made, and then backed out of. Appropriate feedback should be left so future members have a heads up as to what type of person they are dealing with.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
I guess I'll just never understand why buyers can't do their research before making on offer.
I guess I don't know either...perhaps its a dying technique?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamiMadrox View Post
its sad and idiotic that most people feel this way. Im not saying you had a deal, but you were damn close, close enough it would piss me off. But the fact that no money changed hands?? Thats just retarded (sorry if this ofofends anyone, but thats the best word to describe it).
Exactly. Thats just kind of what annoys me. Especially when someone makes an actual FAIR offer (actually, I was giving him an edge, as the dual auto just sold $150, and his gift card was $135), and then proceeds to flip the tables and throw in another $100 card...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacGWYNN19 View Post
a verbal agreement was made, and then backed out of. Appropriate feedback should be left so future members have a heads up as to what type of person they are dealing with.
Thanks. Honestly, I was just asking for everybody's opinions, as it seems like the fine line between deal and no deal is getting more faded by the day. Had I not sold the lot several minutes afterwards, I would have left appropriate feedback.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:35 AM   #19 (permalink)

why is this your second thread already complaining?
why are you complaining when you got a better deal?
if the card at $150 was such a great deal why did you have no responses to your thread?
I spent literally 30 seconds between pms to do my research..not like you waited days
you would fail a contracts class
for those of you saying there was an actual verbal agreement you would be wrong because the terms are not definitive i.e "up to you" "if"
Old 11-16-2012, 02:02 AM   #20 (permalink)

you're right though doing your research is important...................

Any Thoughts Regarding this Deal? Thank You!
Old 11-16-2012, 02:33 AM   #21 (permalink)

Indeed do your homework. But when looking for a price average you have to consider the date and what has happened since that date. Player performance, injury are everything. Either going down or up. Glad it worked out for OP.

Kevin
Old 11-16-2012, 03:22 AM   #22 (permalink)

I dunno if you can call that a verbal agreement or not. The way I read it, they were still hammering out the details. Very grey area in my opinion, but there was never an explicit "I'll take this for that."

Which is why I think Blowout should adopt the way that SCF does trades/sales. It's proposed, accepted and automatically posted. Boom. No questions on whether or not they came to an agreement, etc.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #23 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Phenomenal

Which is why I think Blowout should adopt the way that SCF does trades/sales. It's proposed, accepted and automatically posted. Boom. No questions on whether or not they came to an agreement, etc.[/QUOTE]

+1 it also helps you keep track of what you've spent, got, traded and who you've dealt with.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #24 (permalink)

I can't believe this KID is posting another thread in feedback!! Get over yourself!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #25 (permalink)

Google

Yay, go Blowout!
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote