Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #26 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderguy10 View Post
Buyer has agreed to let me ship to his work w/signature confirmation. The cards will be in the mail first thing tomorrow morning. If for some reason payment isn't received or anything I'll post here again, but as of now it looks like we are good. Also contacted a mod about having both negatives removed.
Doesn't this negate your paypal coverage?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Doesn't this negate your paypal coverage?
It'll be going to his work where he will be the one to have to sign. Hopefully I'll still be covered but with it being an unconfirmed address I'm not 100% sure. But with his ebay feedback, I'm OK with the transaction at the moment.
raiderguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #28 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
It'll be going to his work where he will be the one to have to sign. Hopefully I'll still be covered but with it being an unconfirmed address I'm not 100% sure. But with his ebay feedback, I'm OK with the transaction at the moment.
Well I hope it doesn't get "lost in the mail".

Good Luck

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
so i didn't waste two hours sorting and packing 300 cards,
Glad to see you guys worked it out. But it should never take someone 2 hours to sort and pack 300 cards. I can see where both sides were coming from. Seller didn't want to ship to an unconfirmed address, and the buyer got worried when he felt the seller got desperate and was willing to ship anywhere to get the deal done.
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
Glad to see you guys worked it out. But it should never take someone 2 hours to sort and pack 300 cards. I can see where both sides were coming from. Seller didn't want to ship to an unconfirmed address, and the buyer got worried when he felt the seller got desperate and was willing to ship anywhere to get the deal done.
It did take 2 hours to get them prepared to sell. Had he backed out of the deal, that's another 2 hours with or sorting and rescanning I'd have to factor into account. And to account for each card, sleeve them, and securely package them it did take a couple hours to get it all ready from point A to point B.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
If he wants you to ship to his work address he needs to make sure that is the address he provides in paypal with his payment. If you do not ship to the address provided it will negate the seller protection wether he signs for it or not.

I know he has decent feedback, but that's awful risky.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
If he wants you to ship to his work address he needs to make sure that is the address he provides in paypal with his payment. If you do not ship to the address provided it will negate the seller protection wether he signs for it or not.

I know he has decent feedback, but that's awful risky.
The work address was included in the Paypal payment.
bigpops65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpops65 View Post
The work address was included in the Paypal payment.
Yep - we are good to go. Package was just dropped off at the PO. Thank you sir!!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #34 (permalink)

I am glad that things worked out.

I also want to give you props for being able to defend yourself with coherent and complete sentences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpops65 View Post
Here I am, and I am sure I'll get attacked, but I will defend my stance.

After working on a deal, the sellers, raiderguy10, notified me that he would be shipping with insurance and signature confirmation. I asked if he could send to my work, which he said no because it isn't my confirmed address. Fine. I asked to waive signature, he said no. Fine.

Looking at the calendar, knowing when I needed the lot for (next Friday) for a show, I realized I wouldn't be able to get to the post office to pick up the package. My PO is open 8:30 to 5; I leave for work before 8am (I am about to leave now) and don't get home until after 7. Normally I would pick up on a Saturday, but I am going to be away this weekend.

After realizing this, I asked for a refund, since the cards wouldn't be here for when I needed them. Raiderguy10 then offered to reprint the label with no signature but insured. Unfortunately, the PO will still not leave an insured package (at least mine), so that didn't help. Then he offered to reprint a label to ship to my work. This got ME nervous, since he had already stated he couldn't do that.

I asked for a refund, which he kept putting off to try and ship another way. I refused, since that was my original solution that was not received well.

Look, I try to make deals on here, and have made some deals with members that have gone beyond smooth. I am a 100% rating on eBay. I do local shows. I don't back out of deals. This one dealt weird that he was suddenly ready to do whatever it took to ship the lot. My antenna went up, it felt wrong on my end, I backed off.

So, despite the erroneous title, I didn't back out when I found out it was insured. I backed out when I found out I wouldn't be able to pick up the package in time for when it was needed, and then when the seller was suddenly agreeable to whatever terms would get the lot shipped after initially balking at that.

Kevin
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
i work six jobs to provide for my family....

say what? u work 6 jobs?
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins
Qwasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #36 (permalink)

I have three kids and want my wife to be able to stay at home with them. I work 40 hours at a local electric g&t, I teach income tax once a night at a local university, I prepare income taxes for individuals and businesses after the kids go to bed, I keep the books for a local daycare after they go to bed, do payroll for a local construction company after they are in bed, and I wake up at five twice a week to donate plasma before work. so I don't sleep a whole lot, but I don't have to take much time away from my kids either. I don't work a job (other than teaching) if it can't be done on my time
Old 11-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #37 (permalink)

donating blood is a job? bro you can't donate blood 104 times a year, your putting quite a bit on what your saying...... you work 40 hours and do taxes/accounting part time..... that's not 6 jobs. thats 1 job, lol
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins
Old 11-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #38 (permalink)

call it what you want. I do what I have to do to give my kids the life they deserve without relying i on anyone else. but no,I don't work six full time jobs as that would be impossible. but thanks for your concern....because I really truly care that you're impressed with my personal life or not.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #39 (permalink)

and I claim my donating money on my tax return.....so yes theoretically it is a job but again thanks for your concern. it's plasma not blood and I get $55a week for it
Old 11-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
donating blood is a job? bro you can't donate blood 104 times a year, your putting quite a bit on what your saying...... you work 40 hours and do taxes/accounting part time..... that's not 6 jobs. thats 1 job, lol
You're such a punk dude.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
You're such a punk dude.
shouldn't you be studying for college instead of worrying about me?
Old 11-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #42 (permalink)

I still can't stop laughing that you make a right on target insult of you the signature that you use.

Quote:
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #43 (permalink)

look call it what you want. I really could care less. I take pride in what I do to provide for my family.....andI'm very proud of it as well. if you aren't impressed I really don't care
Old 11-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
There is a Home Depot somewhere out there that is missing a tool.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
look call it what you want. I really could care less. I take pride in what I do to provide for my family.....andI'm very proud of it as well. if you aren't impressed I really don't care
you replied 3 times without me even commenting anymore on you. apparently you care a little more than your letting on sir...... I respect your work ethic, nothing wrong with that.... *thumbs up for hard work/creative money making*
Old 11-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
There is a Home Depot somewhere out there that is missing a tool.
yeah and you probably work at it....... muahhahaahahahahhaaa
Old 11-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
I still can't stop laughing that you make a right on target insult of you the signature that you use.
I know man, I'm in tight with the mods and getting them to hate on everybody because I hate myself real bad...... that's right on *sarcasm*
Old 11-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
So someone working at Home Depot is beneath you?

Keep on diggin man. The hole isn't big enough yet.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
I take offense to sometime who comes and openly criticizes others. especially when it involves providing for someones family. the point above was not to point home that I work six jobs.....just that I don't have time to redo six hours worth of work. that's all. you were the one who came and questioned it, so I outlined what I do. no more no less
Old 11-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
I take offense to sometime who comes and openly criticizes others. especially when it involves providing for someones family. the point above was not to point home that I work six jobs.....just that I don't have time to redo six hours worth of work. that's all. you were the one who came and questioned it, so I outlined what I do. no more no less
that comment wasn't to you, I actually said I respected what you do.... but whatever......