Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 11:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
raiderguy10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 3,133
Default bigpops65 - backed out of deal when found out item was insured!!

Agreed on a deal with bigpops65. $335 for a 300 card lot. He paid, and after I sent him the DC# and let him know it was signature required he immediately backed out of the deal. He only had one prior transaction, but this had scam written all over it. Be very careful when dealing with bigpops65. I sent the refund back immediately and voided the shipping charge, but something suspicious is going on with this one.
__________________
My HOF PC:
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/187413-my-nfl-hof-collection-27-go-very-scan-heavy.html
Need Bidwill, Mara, Carr, Chamberlin, Pollard, Hewitt
raiderguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
raiderguy10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 3,133
Default

and left a retaliatory negative feedback as well
__________________
My HOF PC:
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/187413-my-nfl-hof-collection-27-go-very-scan-heavy.html
Need Bidwill, Mara, Carr, Chamberlin, Pollard, Hewitt
raiderguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
lagalaxyfan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11,106
Default

Very odd indeed. Not that I don't believe you, however is there more about this guy that we don't know? I'd agree that it looks a bit shady, however it appears that his eBay is immaculate.
__________________
PC: EAGLES, Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, EJ Manuel
Being a student, shipping could potentially take up to 5 days depending on schedule
http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/lagalaxyfan2323/library/
lagalaxyfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
raiderguy10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 3,133
Default

not sure. just found it odd that he'd get so nervous and demand a refund when he found out about it being insured with a signature. i even offered to reprint the label without signature (but still insured) because he claims he wouldn't be around to sign, but wanted no part of it
__________________
My HOF PC:
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/187413-my-nfl-hof-collection-27-go-very-scan-heavy.html
Need Bidwill, Mara, Carr, Chamberlin, Pollard, Hewitt
raiderguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
wesnilevirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,410
Default

Sounds shady to me. You need signature confirmation to be seller protected with a sale of over 250. If you are not around to sign, you can always pick it up at the post office.
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my house
Posts: 9,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderguy10 View Post
and left a retaliatory negative feedback as well
Gee what a shock. Another great member getting hit with a retaliation neg by some new schmuck.
__________________
Always looking for Gridiron Kings cards. Framed,Autos,Jerseys and Patches.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
BlowoutTV
 
houdini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 17,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Gee what a shock. Another great member getting hit with a retaliation neg by some new schmuck.
True, but he did leave a positive and then a negative back to back. Dual feedback for 1 transaction is also wrong.
__________________
Ustream Link
Breakers.TV Link
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my house
Posts: 9,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
True, but he did leave a positive and then a negative back to back. Dual feedback for 1 transaction is also wrong.
Yes double feedback is not good . Its also wrong that people are taking 3 weeks to ship or saying "I will take it" in someones thread and never paying but it does not seem to stop it from happening over and over on here.
__________________
Always looking for Gridiron Kings cards. Framed,Autos,Jerseys and Patches.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
IndyKMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central HoosierLand
Posts: 1,392
Default

"Tried to work deal, when delivery wouldn't be made in time, asked for refubnd"

I really would like for this member to post in this thread and describe how that situation described is deserving of a negative.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 193
Default

Here I am, and I am sure I'll get attacked, but I will defend my stance.

After working on a deal, the sellers, raiderguy10, notified me that he would be shipping with insurance and signature confirmation. I asked if he could send to my work, which he said no because it isn't my confirmed address. Fine. I asked to waive signature, he said no. Fine.

Looking at the calendar, knowing when I needed the lot for (next Friday) for a show, I realized I wouldn't be able to get to the post office to pick up the package. My PO is open 8:30 to 5; I leave for work before 8am (I am about to leave now) and don't get home until after 7. Normally I would pick up on a Saturday, but I am going to be away this weekend.

After realizing this, I asked for a refund, since the cards wouldn't be here for when I needed them. Raiderguy10 then offered to reprint the label with no signature but insured. Unfortunately, the PO will still not leave an insured package (at least mine), so that didn't help. Then he offered to reprint a label to ship to my work. This got ME nervous, since he had already stated he couldn't do that.

I asked for a refund, which he kept putting off to try and ship another way. I refused, since that was my original solution that was not received well.

Look, I try to make deals on here, and have made some deals with members that have gone beyond smooth. I am a 100% rating on eBay. I do local shows. I don't back out of deals. This one dealt weird that he was suddenly ready to do whatever it took to ship the lot. My antenna went up, it felt wrong on my end, I backed off.

So, despite the erroneous title, I didn't back out when I found out it was insured. I backed out when I found out I wouldn't be able to pick up the package in time for when it was needed, and then when the seller was suddenly agreeable to whatever terms would get the lot shipped after initially balking at that.

Kevin
bigpops65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
raiderguy10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 3,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
True, but he did leave a positive and then a negative back to back. Dual feedback for 1 transaction is also wrong.
i always leave feedback immediately when they pay. and i offered to bend over backwards to ship how/where he wanted to no avail. so i didn't waste two hours sorting and packing 300 cards, deleting my post with pics in it, and now i get to re-scan and resort these again. i would have been fine waiting to ship until after the holidays, to his work, without signature, but these were priority. would have been there Monday
__________________
My HOF PC:
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/187413-my-nfl-hof-collection-27-go-very-scan-heavy.html
Need Bidwill, Mara, Carr, Chamberlin, Pollard, Hewitt

Last edited by raiderguy10; 11-15-2012 at 08:29 AM.
raiderguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
raiderguy10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 3,133
Default

you were refunded within five minutes of asking. but two of our pms crossed paths so you didn't get it in two minutes. nice try though saying it was delayed. give me a break. this is a joke. i have your box packed (2 hours of time), and now i have to scan and resort 300 cards (another what 3 hours). i don't have time to waste redoing stuff because you change your mind. i work six jobs to provide for my family....i don't have time to waste on crap like this


i have 237 transactions here,1500 on Ebay, and 50 on scf in a short time there. what exactly are you worried about when you are the one with 1 transaction here and getting all nervous about a package being insured?? And i offered to ship to your work, because that's where you asked if I could ship (even confirmed in your post above). I'm not sure why your house would be different then everyone else's in needing a signature if insured under $250 - but that's why you asked and I later offered to also ship to your work. I tried to bend over backwards to give you what you asked and even when that was offered you decided to back out of the deal instead.

But if you need them by Friday you still have time to make it right if you so choose.
__________________
My HOF PC:
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/187413-my-nfl-hof-collection-27-go-very-scan-heavy.html
Need Bidwill, Mara, Carr, Chamberlin, Pollard, Hewitt

Last edited by raiderguy10; 11-15-2012 at 08:55 AM.
raiderguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
JzWand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Burlington Ontario Canada
Posts: 621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpops65 View Post
Here I am, and I am sure I'll get attacked, but I will defend my stance.

After working on a deal, the sellers, raiderguy10, notified me that he would be shipping with insurance and signature confirmation. I asked if he could send to my work, which he said no because it isn't my confirmed address. Fine. I asked to waive signature, he said no. Fine.

Looking at the calendar, knowing when I needed the lot for (next Friday) for a show, I realized I wouldn't be able to get to the post office to pick up the package. My PO is open 8:30 to 5; I leave for work before 8am (I am about to leave now) and don't get home until after 7. Normally I would pick up on a Saturday, but I am going to be away this weekend.

After realizing this, I asked for a refund, since the cards wouldn't be here for when I needed them. Raiderguy10 then offered to reprint the label with no signature but insured. Unfortunately, the PO will still not leave an insured package (at least mine), so that didn't help. Then he offered to reprint a label to ship to my work. This got ME nervous, since he had already stated he couldn't do that.

I asked for a refund, which he kept putting off to try and ship another way. I refused, since that was my original solution that was not received well.

Look, I try to make deals on here, and have made some deals with members that have gone beyond smooth. I am a 100% rating on eBay. I do local shows. I don't back out of deals. This one dealt weird that he was suddenly ready to do whatever it took to ship the lot. My antenna went up, it felt wrong on my end, I backed off.

So, despite the erroneous title, I didn't back out when I found out it was insured. I backed out when I found out I wouldn't be able to pick up the package in time for when it was needed, and then when the seller was suddenly agreeable to whatever terms would get the lot shipped after initially balking at that.

Kevin
Its your responsibility to figure out how/where/when you can receive shipments.
Not the sellers.
You had already paid meaning its YOUR fault for not working with him prior.
He is not a mind reader so he doesnt know your PO's schedule, your work schedule, when you take lunch or go to the bathroom.
That is on you and YOU should have handled it before sending money.

Now, in what fantasy world do you believe in that warrants you leaving this seller a negative.

"Tried to work deal, when delivery wouldn't be made in time, asked for refubnd"

What a fricken joke!
__________________
Incoming: nothing
JzWand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 17,340
Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JzWand View Post
Its your responsibility to figure out how/where/when you can receive shipments.
Not the sellers.
You had already paid meaning its YOUR fault for not working with him prior.
He is not a mind reader so he doesnt know your PO's schedule, your work schedule, when you take lunch or go to the bathroom.
That is on you and YOU should have handled it before sending money.

Now, in what fantasy world do you believe in that warrants you leaving this seller a negative.

"Tried to work deal, when delivery wouldn't be made in time, asked for refubnd"

What a fricken joke!
And thread.

It gets worse on a daily basis when buyers either don't research what a card sells, so they change their mind either after sending payment or agreeing to a deal (yes I realize just agreeing might not be a "deal" but come on buyers - check eBay before agreeing) for or don't discuss all details prior to sending payment.

Apparently we need to go back to the days before Paypal when every detail had to be spelled out because you were writing a check to the person so both parties outlined everything since each sale took about a week to complete by both sides.
__________________
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/ohiosundevils
Want to save 5-15% on your purchase? Check my feedback and pay via Check/MO/Cash
I do not ACCEPT or SEND Gift Payments - Thanks
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
FreeMan12406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Heart of Texas
Posts: 13,409
Default

You had red flags because the seller was willing to do whatever it took for you to get the mail and for that, you left him a negative? Wow.
__________________
Bury me alive, bury me with pride
Bury me with berries, that forbidden fruit and cherry wine
Thank you berry much, but tonight's my night and I'm Barry Bonds
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 193
Default

Yes, my fault for not going over specifics about sending/receiving the package beforehand. I take responsibility.

This had nothing to do with "saw what it sold for on eBay". This had to do when I would be able to get the package. He could've shipped it overnight express, it wouldn't matter. The earliest I would've been able to get it would've been Saturday Nov. 24. By then, the PO might have sent it back to the seller.

My red flags were this: When I asked to have it shipped to my work (I have done this on hundreds of other transactions without issue) he balked. Then when I asked for a refund, he was willing to do whatever. Sorry if that isn't a red flag for you or others. It was for me. Live and learn.

Raiderguy10: If you want to try to work out details for this transaction, feel free to PM me. I have stated my case here and to you via PM.

Thank you.

Kevin
bigpops65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
raiderguy10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 3,133
Default

PM sent. I still have it boxed and ready to go. Would like to get this resolved if possible.
__________________
My HOF PC:
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/187413-my-nfl-hof-collection-27-go-very-scan-heavy.html
Need Bidwill, Mara, Carr, Chamberlin, Pollard, Hewitt
raiderguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
raiderguy10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 3,133
Default

And yes I balked at giving up my seller protection on a member with one feedback here. But after thinking how much time/work it'll be to redo what I already had done I decided I'd rather ship to your work or without signature and expose some risk on my end to not have to go through all that again.
__________________
My HOF PC:
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/187413-my-nfl-hof-collection-27-go-very-scan-heavy.html
Need Bidwill, Mara, Carr, Chamberlin, Pollard, Hewitt
raiderguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
JzWand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Burlington Ontario Canada
Posts: 621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpops65 View Post
Yes, my fault for not going over specifics about sending/receiving the package beforehand. I take responsibility.

This had nothing to do with "saw what it sold for on eBay". This had to do when I would be able to get the package. He could've shipped it overnight express, it wouldn't matter. The earliest I would've been able to get it would've been Saturday Nov. 24. By then, the PO might have sent it back to the seller.

My red flags were this: When I asked to have it shipped to my work (I have done this on hundreds of other transactions without issue) he balked. Then when I asked for a refund, he was willing to do whatever. Sorry if that isn't a red flag for you or others. It was for me. Live and learn.

Raiderguy10: If you want to try to work out details for this transaction, feel free to PM me. I have stated my case here and to you via PM.

Thank you.

Kevin

You are not taking responsibility since you left him a negative feedback!
Taking responsibility would have been leaving no feedback for him since this is YOUR fault.

Again, your schedule is your schedule and you should have figured out when you would be able to pick your item(s) up before agreeing and sending payment.

He balked at sending to an unconfirmed address initially because he would have little case if you were to file a claim.
Once he saw that a $300 deal could maybe be saved if he were willing to ship to your work, he started working on that solution. Hes taking ALL the risk doing that so WTH are you talking about red flags on your end?????
__________________
Incoming: nothing
JzWand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
raiderguy10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 3,133
Default

Buyer has agreed to let me ship to his work w/signature confirmation. The cards will be in the mail first thing tomorrow morning. If for some reason payment isn't received or anything I'll post here again, but as of now it looks like we are good. Also contacted a mod about having both negatives removed.
__________________
My HOF PC:
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/187413-my-nfl-hof-collection-27-go-very-scan-heavy.html
Need Bidwill, Mara, Carr, Chamberlin, Pollard, Hewitt
raiderguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JzWand View Post
You are not taking responsibility since you left him a negative feedback!
Taking responsibility would have been leaving no feedback for him since this is YOUR fault.

Again, your schedule is your schedule and you should have figured out when you would be able to pick your item(s) up before agreeing and sending payment.

He balked at sending to an unconfirmed address initially because he would have little case if you were to file a claim.
Once he saw that a $300 deal could maybe be saved if he were willing to ship to your work, he started working on that solution. Hes taking ALL the risk doing that so WTH are you talking about red flags on your end?????
You can calm down. Situation has been resolved. Thanks for your concerns.
bigpops65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
raiderguy10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 3,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpops65 View Post
You can calm down. Situation has been resolved. Thanks for your concerns.
$ was received again. THanks for working it out with me.
__________________
My HOF PC:
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/187413-my-nfl-hof-collection-27-go-very-scan-heavy.html
Need Bidwill, Mara, Carr, Chamberlin, Pollard, Hewitt
raiderguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Ray27Ray52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 8,749
Default

Bro hugs for everyone now!
__________________
Yes, I razz. That makes me the devil.
Ray27Ray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,221
Default

both parties couldn't get comfortable with the deal. I'd side with the seller since a large purchase like that would require every ounce of protection to cover his ass. Keep in mind, he would be paying for Sig Conf and Insurance out of his profits for this as well.
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
both parties couldn't get comfortable with the deal. I'd side with the seller since a large purchase like that would require every ounce of protection to cover his ass. Keep in mind, he would be paying for Sig Conf and Insurance out of his profits for this as well.
Deal has been completed.
bigpops65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.