Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I sell on ebay and never had a problem at all. I charge $3 to NA and $4.50 international. Never had an issue. If my auction are for high end, I do free shipping and send out at my expense (XPress Post) $23 .

I dont know if you are wrong or right. But why do you think you're right and the buyer is wrong? Its pretty simple. Just ask the bidder of your auction why he dinged you for shipping DSR. He/she will respond and from there on, you either adjust or put them on block. Its pretty simple my main man!!! Im just trying to help you figure it out
I talking about the fact that you don't believe me that it is dinged, it is and I had this same issue before. Also I am right according to you, because you charge the same rates I do so I can't be wrong or else you would be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
That's why he can't do that.
I can't, you are right, I will block them once I figure out who it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
A little OT, but I thought you got banned from eBay for the DSR thing? Were you able to talk them into being reasonable?
Of course not, 4.7 will never be good enough, hence my worry already with this. eBay stealth, it has worked wonders for me. I changed my shipping strategy, and everything is better, all 5.0 (again, small sample size however) but I use the one day handling and ship same day or next day. I am just flabbergasted that I had dings for a $2 rate. It is almost common knowledge that it cost $1.64 to ship, and if I charge flat rate, you'd think $2 would be fair.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oroville, CA
Posts: 1,568
Default

There is a simple fix to this. Offer free shipping. Then you get an auto 5 star rating. I always use free shipping. Buyers always factor that price into the final price so what does it really matter?? besides trying to leach another couple $$'s out of the buyer.
JamiMadrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,962
Default

i charge 2.50 (with combined items for .25 each up to a max of 3.50) and have a 1 day handling time and haven't been dinged yet. that's crazy you got hit with this. Have you tried contacting the buyer to see why he did it?
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (custom)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamiMadrox View Post
There is a simple fix to this. Offer free shipping. Then you get an auto 5 star rating. I always use free shipping. Buyers always factor that price into the final price so what does it really matter?? besides trying to leach another couple $$'s out of the buyer.
What? All I got from this is asking for $2 is leaching money out from a buyer? No it cost me money to ship something. If I sell something for 99 cents with free shipping, I lose money. Again, as you may have read earlier, it isn't possible sometimes to offer free shipping. I am assuming you didn't read the thread because I have offered free shipping and it was worse in terms of ending price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
i charge 2.50 and have a 1 day handling time and haven't been dinged yet. that's crazy you got hit with this. Have you tried contacting the buyer to see why he did it?
I'm not suppose to, and I haven't been able to run the reports yet to see who did it, I just know it happened twice. Once I see who did it, I'll block them. I was very surprised myself, and I keep myself hidden now so it couldn't be anyone on here unless they were really out to get me, like as happened before. I hope this next batch of sales will boost that rating up. $2 shipping, flat rate as well, should be more than fair IMO.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oroville, CA
Posts: 1,568
Default

OK maybe I wasnt clear enough. I did not mean to say YOU were leaching money out of buyers. i actually think in the spectrum of things $2 s/h is very fair. Most sellers charge enough to make a little bit of extrta profit on s/h. Like the guys that charge $3.95 for shippuing a singlre card and wont combine shipping. And even if they do, you have to buy a number of cards to make the shipping worth it. It costs me about $2.10 to ship a bubble mailer, including the label, mailer, tape and everything. So anything 2.25 and under is definently a fair shipping price.



Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
What? All I got from this is asking for $2 is leaching money out from a buyer? No it cost me money to ship something. If I sell something for 99 cents with free shipping, I lose money. Again, as you may have read earlier, it isn't possible sometimes to offer free shipping. I am assuming you didn't read the thread because I have offered free shipping and it was worse in terms of ending price.



I'm not suppose to, and I haven't been able to run the reports yet to see who did it, I just know it happened twice. Once I see who did it, I'll block them. I was very surprised myself, and I keep myself hidden now so it couldn't be anyone on here unless they were really out to get me, like as happened before. I hope this next batch of sales will boost that rating up. $2 shipping, flat rate as well, should be more than fair IMO.
JamiMadrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamiMadrox View Post
OK maybe I wasnt clear enough. I did not mean to say YOU were leaching money out of buyers. i actually think in the spectrum of things $2 s/h is very fair. Most sellers charge enough to make a little bit of extrta profit on s/h. Like the guys that charge $3.95 for shippuing a singlre card and wont combine shipping. And even if they do, you have to buy a number of cards to make the shipping worth it. It costs me about $2.10 to ship a bubble mailer, including the label, mailer, tape and everything. So anything 2.25 and under is definently a fair shipping price.
Okay just making sure. Yea I understand the whole free shipping thing, but it just isn't possible if selling low-end cards. Plus, as others said as well, I would have to bump my starting price, so a huge negative for buyers if they wanted to buy multiple cards from me.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
I talking about the fact that you don't believe me that it is dinged, it is and I had this same issue before. Also I am right according to you, because you charge the same rates I do so I can't be wrong or else you would be
.

Thats my point. I have a 5 star and charge more than you. You charge less and got dinged. Maybe its not price of shipping, maybe it has to do with something within shipping itself. Thats what Im saying. Getting dinged for shipping doesnt equate to price of shipping only. What if you threw your cigerette butt into the bubble mailer? Or your items shipped stink of something? They could ding you on shipping for that no?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Thats my point. I have a 5 star and charge more than you. You charge less and got dinged. Maybe its not price of shipping, maybe it has to do with something within shipping itself. Thats what Im saying. Getting dinged for shipping doesnt equate to price of shipping only. What if you threw your cigerette butt into the bubble mailer? Or your items shipped stink of something? They could ding you on shipping for that no?
Yea they can, but I ship the same way we all should. Proper size bubble mailer. Card in a proper top loader, in a team bag and taped. Nothing stinks or anything like that.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
What? All I got from this is asking for $2 is leaching money out from a buyer? No it cost me money to ship something. If I sell something for 99 cents with free shipping, I lose money. Again, as you may have read earlier, it isn't possible sometimes to offer free shipping. I am assuming you didn't read the thread because I have offered free shipping and it was worse in terms of ending price.



I'm not suppose to, and I haven't been able to run the reports yet to see who did it, I just know it happened twice. Once I see who did it, I'll block them. I was very surprised myself, and I keep myself hidden now so it couldn't be anyone on here unless they were really out to get me, like as happened before. I hope this next batch of sales will boost that rating up. $2 shipping, flat rate as well, should be more than fair IMO.

Dont sell 99 cent cards. Thats probably the issue. Move up a few levels. This wouldnt be an issue if you were selling 99 cents cards and doing extremely high volume.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

If you know for a fact that its nothing on your end, then blocking such bidders is the only way to go. You have determined that they hit your DSR on purpose. Nothing more can be done. I dont know why they picked you to do it to tho!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Dont sell 99 cent cards. Thats probably the issue. Move up a few levels. This wouldnt be an issue if you were selling 99 cents cards and doing extremely high volume.
Well I'm not atm, I am selling cards worth $10 plus, I'm just talking about the past when I sell with higher volumes with stuff that may sell cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
If you know for a fact that its nothing on your end, then blocking such bidders is the only way to go. You have determined that they hit your DSR on purpose. Nothing more can be done. I dont know why they picked you to do it to tho!!
I don't think it is on purpose this time, before yes when I had my eBay name on here. I wish I could ask why.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:29 AM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Phenomenal TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
The problem with free shipping is it deters buyers from making multiple purchases to save on combined shipping. If a seller has a reasonable combined shipping rate I will be much more inclined to browse the rest of their items vs paying an extra $2-$3 per card because they included the ship price into the price of the card.

I charge $2 + $.25 each additional with a max of $3.50 or free shipping on purchases over $50. I also carry a solid 5 star rating. Maybe I've just been lucky I guess.


Smart buyers bid by total price. My only real pet peeve on shipping price is sellers who charge $3+ and then send in a pwe.
Exactly how I browse eBay. If they've got some low end scrub stuff going for .45 a pop and charging $2 shipping with a reasonable combined shipping rate, I'm all over their stuff.
__________________
http://s1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg555/TJ5771/Football/
Phenomenal TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:16 AM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,211
Default

Im kind of sad seeing people say shipping should be free. Hopefully those arent the same type who leave low DSRs to begin with. If you do enough research you will find ON AVERAGE cards really dont seem to bring more with free shipping. As said in this thread if your selling cheaper items you simply cannot give your shipping cost away.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #39 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Im kind of sad seeing people say shipping should be free. Hopefully those arent the same type who leave low DSRs to begin with. If you do enough research you will find ON AVERAGE cards really dont seem to bring more with free shipping. As said in this thread if your selling cheaper items you simply cannot give your shipping cost away.
But how do you fault the buyer for the sellers mistakes? This really comes down to the business model the seller chooses to use. You cant have the best of both world.

I personally dont factor shipping into my collecting budget unless its for flipping. Shipping is just a cost associated with getting what I want. Its like tax, "gotta pay it".

I think free shipping works. But I dont sell low end volume cards so shipping really doesnt factor in.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
But how do you fault the buyer for the sellers mistakes? This really comes down to the business model the seller chooses to use. You cant have the best of both world.

I personally dont factor shipping into my collecting budget unless its for flipping. Shipping is just a cost associated with getting what I want. Its like tax, "gotta pay it".

I think free shipping works. But I dont sell low end volume cards so shipping really doesnt factor in.
Why don't you sell with free shipping than? It makes more sense for you to than me because you sell high end stuff. I don't like selling low end cards, but they need love too. If I can sell low end cards and profit 70 cents per card, it adds up. I can't not sell low end cards.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
Verufian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Posts: 2,260
Default

Everyone is getting all riled up because of an assumption. We are trying to ASSUME why the buyer did what he did.

He COULD have accidently clicked 1 star instead of 5, I've almost made that mistake going too quick. Maybe the buyer was just pissed off in general and took it out on you.

I don't think you charge too much. I wouldn't ding your DSR based off your shipping price OR how you package. I'll never understand why threads on BO get blownout (see what I did there) of proportion. I've only had one ding to my DSR (either 1-2 star) for my shipping price, and that was back when I was doing Post Office pricing ($2.80+$0.85DC). There are going to be asshats out there that just ding to ding. It's an imperfect system.

Thank you for bringing this buyer to our attention, if people want to block him, they will. If not, they MIGHT be complaining about it in the future as well.
__________________
Photobucket - http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/Verufian/
KYLE SEAGER SUPER COLLECTOR!!!
Always looking for Current Mariners / Seahawks auto's.
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #42 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Why don't you sell with free shipping than? It makes more sense for you to than me because you sell high end stuff. I don't like selling low end cards, but they need love too. If I can sell low end cards and profit 70 cents per card, it adds up. I can't not sell low end cards.
It comes with the territory on low end cards in my opinion. When you have people bidding on low end cards, they become very particular to what they spend and how much they spend. THey put more emphasis on prices paid. I stated earlier that in my opinion I dont think you got dinged for shipping price. I think it may have been on some other shipping criteria.

If you are selling a card that sells over $8 on average all the time, the shipping charge becomes 20% of the price of the item in total or more when you total the card price. When you sell higher end, that % drops. People will rate that based on how they feel. Im just looking at it from that perspective. While I agree thats no way to determine a dsr ding, you can avoid that by eliminating low end auctions or offering PWE on it if its of concern.

I factor in my shipping into the auction end price and dont pay matter to see if I lose or make a profit after shipping costs. So If im into a card for $8 and it sells for $4 and I tack on $3 to ship, I lose money. But you win some and lose some. Thats why I offer free shipping on certain auctions. Its a marketing scheme to see if it will entice to get bidders to bid more and often without worrying about a secure shipping method that will costs them. I take it out of the equation for them. I find it on average to end my auctions at a higher price. I dont mind paying $23 out of my pocket for getting $30+ more for a card.

The only thing you can do now is block the bidder if you feel you did nothing wrong. Just a bit weird that only select sellers always have this problem with dsr.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
Qwasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 10,612
Default

they probably dinged you for the amazingly slow shipping time, like the 13 days it took you to send my cards........
__________________
Chrome & Acetate & Shiny Oh My!
Qwasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #44 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
they probably dinged you for the amazingly slow shipping time, like the 13 days it took you to send my cards........
Now you are gonna troll? You have serious issues, and I get an automatic 5 star for that, thank you very much
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
Qwasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 10,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Now you are gonna troll? You have serious issues, and I get an automatic 5 star for that, thank you very much
you get an automatic negative on here....... and it's real ugly on your feedback too bro...... REAL UGLY........... just EAT IT!!!
__________________
Chrome & Acetate & Shiny Oh My!
Qwasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #46 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
you get an automatic negative on here....... and it's real ugly on your feedback too bro...... REAL UGLY........... just EAT IT!!!
No, it isn't, not at all actually. You have issues.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Qwasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 10,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
No, it isn't, not at all actually. You have issues.
__________________
Chrome & Acetate & Shiny Oh My!
Qwasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #48 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
For being a "man" you sure are a child, this is fun now!
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,877
Default

Got something for you....



Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
you get an automatic negative on here....... and it's real ugly on your feedback too bro...... REAL UGLY........... just EAT IT!!!
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.