Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Rant time! (DSR's)

If you are gonna leave me low DSR's when I charge $2 shipping AND it is flat rate, don't buy cards, period. Just get out of the buying cards part of the hobby. I know people on here that do ding it when it $2, and I'm sick and tired of always getting dinged on DSR's when my S/H charges are way more than fair. In my last 16 sales, 2 people dinged me for a $2 charge. I don't know how people can get away with $2.50, $3 when $2 apparently isn't good enough. It is part eBay's fault for allowing this to be so important, but I think it is time for eBay to do a little more research, and understand what S/H prices are fair and not, and than base that off if someone deserves an automatic 5 or not. It's a joke.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Why not just offer free shipping?

Honestly the cards with free shipping usually sell for a few dollars more anyway so it's essentially a wash.
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yep this is why I only do free shipping
Old 11-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

I agree $2 is more than reasonable.

On the flip side, offer free shipping and start your listings with BIN/BO and this way you are able to factor in what your shipping charges will be.
If listing auctions, also offer free shipping but put your starting price at a price that also incorporates your shipping costs.

Basically if you were to start an auction at $1.49 with $2 shipping, just start it at $3.49 and offer free shipping.

Its the only way around getting dinged on shipping fees that I know of.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Why not just offer free shipping?

Honestly the cards with free shipping usually sell for a few dollars more anyway so it's essentially a wash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Yep this is why I only do free shipping
Ask brentandbeeca how that works. Also, I sell many cards that sell for cheap anyway, it isn't possible to do free shipping. Lastly, I did offer free shipping for a small time before, my sales were not good. Stuff that I was selling for $10+$2 s/h were ending for $9 with free shipping. You should always do free shipping with BIN/BO but with auctions, sometimes you just can't. The point is people are leaving low feedback even though nothing is wrong, just because they can.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JzWand View Post
I agree $2 is more than reasonable.

On the flip side, offer free shipping and start your listings with BIN/BO and this way you are able to factor in what your shipping charges will be.
If listing auctions, also offer free shipping but put your starting price at a price that also incorporates your shipping costs.

Basically if you were to start an auction at $1.49 with $2 shipping, just start it at $3.49 and offer free shipping.

Its the only way around getting dinged on shipping fees that I know of.
I offer a flat rate, so that could be bad for the buyers. I start auctions at 99 cents so if I raise my prices to $2.99 (I've done this before, bad idea) than a buyer may have to pay $6 for two cards rather than $2 plus $2 s/h.

I've tried the free shipping guys, it just doesn't work haha. I appreciate the helpful advice, but sometimes it isn't possible.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to rtaylor16

didnt you already make a thread about this?
rtaylor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtaylor16 View Post
didnt you already make a thread about this?
Nope. Maybe a year ago+, who knows.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

I have been offering $2.00 shipping for years on lower end cards and free for higher end and have not been dinged at all. Sorry to hear the issues with your buyers. Can you link us your profile so we can take a look?
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
I have been offering $2.00 shipping for years on lower end cards and free for higher end and have not been dinged at all. Sorry to hear the issues with your buyers. Can you link us your profile so we can take a look?
No thanks, you should know better . But I seem to have this issue all the time. I use to think it was Canadians dinging me because I had to charge more, but now that I don't ship international, the issue continues. I'm hoping it is just a small, bad batch, and once I get more sales it'll get better. I just do not feel like going down the same path, again, with eBay.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #11 (permalink)

nuccionino, your shipping rates are excellent. And I agree with you that doing free shipping doesn't work for a lot of sellers and/or their buyers.

The only way I found to combat low DSR's is to sell more items. Since most buyers are decent folks and leave high DSR's, the more you sell the more likely you'll dilute those low DSR's, and thus you'll never have a problem. In my experience if you sell 100+ items a month, you'll be okay.

In addition, it is possible to find out who left you the low DSR with exact precision. The method is described on an eBay forum. (if you are interested I can PM you the link) It seems complex at first, but once you get the hang of it it is simple and easy to check for DSR's on a daily basis. You will know exactly who left you an exact DSR number in every category.

Once you find a buyer who's leaving you low DSR's, even just 3's or 4's, you can block them. Once you have a pretty good sized blocked list you will reduce your chance of getting those BS low DSR's. It is against eBay policy to discuss those low DSR's with buyers, so make sure you never do that. I just block them and move on to better buyers and better sales. Don't focus on the negative.

Good luck!
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
No thanks, you should know better . But I seem to have this issue all the time. I use to think it was Canadians dinging me because I had to charge more, but now that I don't ship international, the issue continues. I'm hoping it is just a small, bad batch, and once I get more sales it'll get better. I just do not feel like going down the same path, again, with eBay.
Well good luck man...Wish I could give advice
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
If you are gonna leave me low DSR's when I charge $2 shipping AND it is flat rate, don't buy cards, period. Just get out of the buying cards part of the hobby. I know people on here that do ding it when it $2, and I'm sick and tired of always getting dinged on DSR's when my S/H charges are way more than fair. In my last 16 sales, 2 people dinged me for a $2 charge. I don't know how people can get away with $2.50, $3 when $2 apparently isn't good enough. It is part eBay's fault for allowing this to be so important, but I think it is time for eBay to do a little more research, and understand what S/H prices are fair and not, and than base that off if someone deserves an automatic 5 or not. It's a joke.
Are you sure they dinged you on Shipping charges and not some other criteria under "Shipping"?? $2 is pretty cheap.

I suggest you stop selling on ebay if you dont like their system and feedback process. Its much easier to do that then to tell buyers not to bid on your items.

On the "free shipping" issue? Ive been successful with it on my high end. I sold a card for $440 and $8 to ship Xpress post. But when I listed another card (Same card different serial number) with free shipping (Xpress post) I got $670 for it.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
Well good luck man...Wish I could give advice
You're all good, I mean your feedback is great and we have the same rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Are you sure they dinged you on Shipping charges and not some other criteria under "Shipping"?? $2 is pretty cheap.

I suggest you stop selling on ebay if you dont like their system and feedback process. Its much easier to do that then to tell buyers not to bid on your items.

On the "free shipping" issue? Ive been successful with it on my high end. I sold a card for $440 and $8 to ship Xpress post. But when I listed another card (Same card different serial number) with free shipping (Xpress post) I got $670 for it.
I know what it is under, I can read haha. Also it is impossible to sell cards without eBay. I'm still making double sometimes than what I ask on here. Also, your example isn't good haha that has nothing to do with shipping. If someone isn't buying a $500 over a few shipping bucks than that's lame.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Maybe you arent being dinged for a $2 shipping charge? Maybe your Shipping is being hit for how you package or secure your card when sending?
Old 11-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Maybe you arent being dinged for a $2 shipping charge? Maybe your Shipping is being hit for how you package or secure your card when sending?
That'd be worse haha. Bubble mailer. Top loader, team bag all the goods. If someone is dinging me for handling that would make it worse as it should be if it arrives safe, its good
Old 11-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #17 (permalink)

The problem with free shipping is it deters buyers from making multiple purchases to save on combined shipping. If a seller has a reasonable combined shipping rate I will be much more inclined to browse the rest of their items vs paying an extra $2-$3 per card because they included the ship price into the price of the card.

I charge $2 + $.25 each additional with a max of $3.50 or free shipping on purchases over $50. I also carry a solid 5 star rating. Maybe I've just been lucky I guess.

Smart buyers bid by total price. My only real pet peeve on shipping price is sellers who charge $3+ and then send in a pwe.

Last edited by bigzig; 11-15-2012 at 12:28 PM.
bigzig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
That'd be worse haha. Bubble mailer. Top loader, team bag all the goods. If someone is dinging me for handling that would make it worse as it should be if it arrives safe, its good
How about Shipping time? I dont know. My feeling is that the $2 isnt what is dinging your DSR, its something else.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
The problem with free shipping is it deters buyers from making multiple purchases to save on combined shipping. If a seller has a reasonable combined shipping rate I will be much more inclined to browse the rest of their items vs paying an extra $2-$3 per card because they included the ship price into the price of the card.

I charge $2 + $.25 each additional with a max of $3.50 or free shipping on purchases over $50. I also carry a solid 5 star rating. Maybe I've just been lucky I guess.

Smart buyers bid by total price. My only real pet peeve on shipping price is sellers who charge $3+ and then send in a pwe.
PWE should be banned. There is no reason why non documents ever go out in PWE. Infact the Post office states that only letter document can be put in a PWE.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Do you not sell on eBay, I have all 5 stars except s/h. I don't know why you think I'm wrong. Also PWE shouldnt be banned. Ive had no issues with PWE ever. Probably over 500 sales or trades using it. It's called nonmachinable PWE, you won't have an issue. It is overblown how PWE is talked about. Since it'll be asked, all my sales on eBay is shipped in a bubble mailer.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Do you not sell on eBay, I have all 5 stars except s/h. I don't know why you think I'm wrong. Also PWE shouldnt be banned. Ive had no issues with PWE ever. Probably over 500 sales or trades using it. It's called nonmachinable PWE, you won't have an issue. It is overblown how PWE is talked about. Since it'll be asked, all my sales on eBay is shipped in a bubble mailer.
I sell on ebay and never had a problem at all. I charge $3 to NA and $4.50 international. Never had an issue. If my auction are for high end, I do free shipping and send out at my expense (XPress Post) $23 .

I dont know if you are wrong or right. But why do you think you're right and the buyer is wrong? Its pretty simple. Just ask the bidder of your auction why he dinged you for shipping DSR. He/she will respond and from there on, you either adjust or put them on block. Its pretty simple my main man!!! Im just trying to help you figure it out
Old 11-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
I sell on ebay and never had a problem at all. I charge $3 to NA and $4.50 international. Never had an issue. If my auction are for high end, I do free shipping and send out at my expense (XPress Post) $23 .

I dont know if you are wrong or right. But why do you think you're right and the buyer is wrong? Its pretty simple. Just ask the bidder of your auction why he dinged you for shipping DSR. He/she will respond and from there on, you either adjust or put them on block. Its pretty simple my main man!!! Im just trying to help you figure it out
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
nuccionino, your shipping rates are excellent. And I agree with you that doing free shipping doesn't work for a lot of sellers and/or their buyers.

The only way I found to combat low DSR's is to sell more items. Since most buyers are decent folks and leave high DSR's, the more you sell the more likely you'll dilute those low DSR's, and thus you'll never have a problem. In my experience if you sell 100+ items a month, you'll be okay.

In addition, it is possible to find out who left you the low DSR with exact precision. The method is described on an eBay forum. (if you are interested I can PM you the link) It seems complex at first, but once you get the hang of it it is simple and easy to check for DSR's on a daily basis. You will know exactly who left you an exact DSR number in every category.

Once you find a buyer who's leaving you low DSR's, even just 3's or 4's, you can block them. Once you have a pretty good sized blocked list you will reduce your chance of getting those BS low DSR's. It is against eBay policy to discuss those low DSR's with buyers, so make sure you never do that. I just block them and move on to better buyers and better sales. Don't focus on the negative.

Good luck!
That's why he can't do that.
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post

Agree, There are sellers I will buy 8-10 cards from that offer nice combined shipping. There is one seller on ebay who has LOTS of cards I would be interested in buying (I had about 15 in my cart for just one sale), but will not buy from because he offers "free shipping." The problem is, each card is about $2 higher that they sell for (to help help cover shipping), so buying the number of cards I would be interested in would end up costing me more.
glen87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
That's why he can't do that.
atleast figure out who it was and ask them if they were satisfied with the service rendered and product. If they have any issues they will notify you. If not, just block them bidding.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #25 (permalink)

A little OT, but I thought you got banned from eBay for the DSR thing? Were you able to talk them into being reasonable?