Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Prospect

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #101 (permalink)
Member
 
Qwasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 10,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
You just might be the most arrogant, self-obsessed, stuck-up human being I have ever been in contact with...
cool, and i'm a patriots fan..........
__________________
I like to buy cards for alot of money so I can sell them for a little bit of money......
Qwasian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #102 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 12,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
cool, and i'm a patriots fan..........
Uhhh....congrats? Not sure where you're trying to go with that...
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #103 (permalink)
Member
 
Gibberish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 7,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
How bout bringing on more mods period?

I've asked this question 4 times and every time I get "they are being trained"

My first request was a year ago
Will
I was a moderator for a website that has,at any given time, 3 million hits a day with close to 290k members.....I would not wish that duty on anyone and if no one has done it before then you cannot possibly understand how wretched that duty is.
People who do it for free are crazy. It jades you and makes you insensitive to people's concerns and feelings to the point that you will LOOK for any rules infraction to ban people at times.

Training people...I pity anyone who is being trained to be a moderator No matter what you are told, it is a 8-10hr a day freebie activity
__________________
I Collect Marbles,Amazing Spider-man comics and tears! Mr. Sensitivity at your service
Gibberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #104 (permalink)
Member
 
Qwasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 10,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
I do not understand
They offer a venue where they pay for the bandwidth and now they are supposed to have someone come moderate trades?
There is no safe way to use forums for trading, period. It's all by gut. The ONLY option is to offer a escrow service...but no one here has mentioned payment,so that is expected to be free as well ?
Your following logic would be that it encourages sales, makes people keep buying... and that line of logic, true or not, holds no water in this situation.
Talk is cheap and threats are talk. If they had a marked decrease in sales, maybe,but that isn't happening because people buy and could care less about forums, period.
So, unless you are willing to set up a fund to pay someone to operate as an escorw provider, then this is all titty baby ranting since it does nothing else other than to provide a point to complain

nobody needs an escrow service or funds etc. I run a website myself and have moderated many boards over the years, it doesn't require much more than a login and checking on situations daily....... how difficult would it really be for a mod to check up on 10-20 situations a week?

the basic dynamic of a message board is that it has mods and admins........

but you completely missed the point..... it wasn't to say they "HAVE TO" do anything, it was more to say, if you are "NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING" stop kicking people in the nuts over these simple rules......

if it's a free for all and they just back out of responsibilty cool, then do that. but if your going to try to hold this strict set of rules over thread bumping etc, then hold the same rules across the board, long story short the rules are being enforced quickly on stuff to piss people off, but not to create a fair marketplace.

I mean banning someone over a thread bump that was a little too early? get real...... that's not even logic.

yet people steal peoples money for days on end, leave negative feedback for the person they stole the money from, you have to file claims with paypal etc to get ya money back? I mean? it's just obvious......

it doesn't take much effort to take action on things like that.


a guy on here took my money for over 10 days and told me he'd give me a refund when he felt like it, I had to file a claim on it......... ZERO action by a mod...... but I get banned for a thread bump that wasn't even a thread bump, it was a response to people in the thread asking me questions about the cards? that's crazzzzy
__________________
I like to buy cards for alot of money so I can sell them for a little bit of money......
Qwasian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #105 (permalink)
Member
 
Major_League's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
Will
I was a moderator for a website that has,at any given time, 3 million hits a day with close to 290k members.....I would not wish that duty on anyone and if no one has done it before then you cannot possibly understand how wretched that duty is.
People who do it for free are crazy. It jades you and makes you insensitive to people's concerns and feelings to the point that you will LOOK for any rules infraction to ban people at times.

Training people...I pity anyone who is being trained to be a moderator No matter what you are told, it is a 8-10hr a day freebie activity
I hear you. I was actually a mod for a while on a site much bigger than this. I guess what annoys me is the promises over and over that more mods are being added yet they never are.
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #106 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 12,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
I hear you. I was actually a mod for a while on a site much bigger than this. I guess what annoys me is the promises over and over that more mods are being added yet they never are.
KMD was a moderator for like two weeks a little while ago...not sure why that stopped.
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #107 (permalink)
Member
 
Qwasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 10,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Uhhh....congrats? Not sure where you're trying to go with that...
read your profile info on the left
__________________
I like to buy cards for alot of money so I can sell them for a little bit of money......
Qwasian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #108 (permalink)
Member
 
WilsonValdez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Temporarily Suspended
Posts: 9,603
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
KMD was a moderator for like two weeks a little while ago...not sure why that stopped.
__________________
"I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminshes fear." - Rosa Parks
WilsonValdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #109 (permalink)
Member
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my house
Posts: 9,670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
I do not understand
They offer a venue where they pay for the bandwidth and now they are supposed to have someone come moderate trades?
There is no safe way to use forums for trading, period. It's all by gut. The ONLY option is to offer a escrow service...but no one here has mentioned payment,so that is expected to be free as well ?
Your following logic would be that it encourages sales, makes people keep buying... and that line of logic, true or not, holds no water in this situation.
Talk is cheap and threats are talk. If they had a marked decrease in sales, maybe,but that isn't happening because people buy and could care less about forums, period.
So, unless you are willing to set up a fund to pay someone to operate as an escorw provider, then this is all titty baby ranting since it does nothing else other than to provide a point to complain
So whats your suggestion? Just let people keep robbing on here?
__________________
Always looking for Gridiron Kings cards. Framed,Autos,Jerseys and Patches.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #110 (permalink)
Member
 
Qwasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 10,139
Default

this board is starting to remind me of the other large board, where I got robbed for $45 on gametime codes and then banned for mentioning it on the board so that others didn't get robbed by the same user.
__________________
I like to buy cards for alot of money so I can sell them for a little bit of money......
Qwasian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #111 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 12,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
read your profile info on the left
Your sarcasm detector is wayyyyyyyyyyyy out of calibration. For someone who thinks they are God's gift to Earth you might want to get the checked out...
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #112 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 12,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
What???

What?????????????

BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #113 (permalink)
Member
 
Qwasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 10,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Your sarcasm detector is wayyyyyyyyyyyy out of calibration. For someone who thinks they are God's gift to Earth you might want to get the checked out...
oh yeah, whats the spec's on calibration for the sarcasm detection unit?
__________________
I like to buy cards for alot of money so I can sell them for a little bit of money......
Qwasian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #114 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 12,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
oh yeah, whats the spec's on calibration for the sarcasm detection unit?
For you? Somewhere between Nimrod and Stuck-Up Buffoon.
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #115 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,661
Default

rule breaking is rule breaking is rule breaking. a thread gets bumped early and reported, you get a break. it's a rule. it's cut and dry. That's not a mod focusing only on those infractions. They're just easier to handle quickly since it's cut and dry.

a scam situation could take mods ages to handle since they have to gather both sides of the story. If one party (the scammer) chooses to take their time to reply, it takes even longer.


again, it's not the mod being petty, it's them handling everything at once, but early bumps (in this case) are cut and dry and easier to mete out.


shoot, i'll be a damn mod that just looks at transactions if it will make people feel safer. not that i'll have any power because in the end, it's on the traders to protect themselves as best they can. The current mods are in the same situation.



had a new member offer me a card I needed. they were against using paypal, and I insisted because I got a weird feeling. Haven't heard back since I insisted. probably saved myself some time and effort and lost cards/cash.
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs),

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #116 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
KMD was a moderator for like two weeks a little while ago...not sure why that stopped.
I could only imagine why What the forum needs is a mod located on the west coast to take care of the late night problems that pop up when the other mods are sound asleep.
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.

Last edited by ilovethelakings; 11-21-2012 at 09:21 PM.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #117 (permalink)
Member
 
Qwasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 10,139
Default

it's incredibly easy to spot scamming........

make a rule, if you don't have DC in 10 days from payment and someone reports & shows that fact...... your banned.

not to mention the guy logs on, calls you all types of wild names, proves himself that he never sent anything, refuses your refund, it's one of the most popular threads on the board because everybody was in it talking back & forth commenting on the situation, NO ACTION at all...........

now you are suggesting yourself as mod, but you called me all types of wild names for a deal that never was.........

am I in the twilight zone right now.........

people steal from you, it's well known and people do nothing, but you get banned for a thread bump..... meanwhile I alert people to someone stealing from me, it goes 12 pages, he says right in there he would give a refund if he felt like it, cursing me all the way around and no action what so ever......... the thread had 4,000 views........

something just tells me? something isn't exactly right about that.
__________________
I like to buy cards for alot of money so I can sell them for a little bit of money......
Qwasian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #118 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,661
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
it's incredibly easy to spot scamming........

make a rule, if you don't have DC in 10 days from payment and someone reports & shows that fact...... your banned.
i actually agree with this. maybe not banned for first offense, but stepping up suspension lengths maybe?
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs),

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #119 (permalink)
Member
 
Qwasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 10,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
i actually agree with this. maybe not banned for first offense, but stepping up suspension lengths maybe?
why not banned? if you can get banned for a thread bump, I definately feel like you should/could be banned for not sending your end of the deal within a 10 day period. the money/trading/card exchange situation is way more important to the board than thread bumping.

in my opinion the thread bumping is being handled wrong, you shouldn't ban people, you should delete or move the thread to a dead zone.
__________________
I like to buy cards for alot of money so I can sell them for a little bit of money......
Qwasian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #120 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
it's incredibly easy to spot scamming........

make a rule, if you don't have DC in 10 days from payment and someone reports & shows that fact...... your banned.
I could not agree more with this statement. Enough falling down stairs, dogs eating cards, people dying, Superstorm Sandy effecting S. Dakota etc. etc. etc.
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #121 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 18,559
Default

Gee I have never been scammed or scammed anyone. I wonder why that is?
__________________
Thin skinned megalomaniacs shouldn't post on message boards.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #122 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Gee I have never been scammed or scammed anyone. I wonder why that is?
Because you are S-M-A-R-T and know how to pick and choose who you deal with. You sound like someone else I know
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #123 (permalink)
Member
 
Qwasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 10,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Gee I have never been scammed or scammed anyone. I wonder why that is?
um, because your dealing with group breaks, it's gonna be pretty tough to get scammed on that since you have to be approved on the site to even do them. I surely hope your not suggesting that getting scammed would be the fault of a buyer? if you are then your opinion is clearly no longer valid.
__________________
I like to buy cards for alot of money so I can sell them for a little bit of money......
Qwasian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #124 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
um, because your dealing with group breaks, it's gonna be pretty tough to get scammed on that since you have to be approved on the site to even do them. I surely hope your not suggesting that getting scammed would be the fault of a buyer? if you are then your opinion is clearly no longer valid.
Perhaps you should take a look at his feedback. You'll see there are quite a few times he was a buyer or a trader. And for Pete's sake, it's "you're" not your.
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #125 (permalink)
Member
 
Qwasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 10,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Perhaps you should take a look at his feedback. You'll see there are quite a few times he was a buyer or a trader. And for Pete's sake, it's "you're" not your.
yeah 4 pages of buying, 14 pages of selling......... and I've dealt with him before....... no problems.
__________________
I like to buy cards for alot of money so I can sell them for a little bit of money......
Qwasian is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.