Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Prospect

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
You just might be the most arrogant, self-obsessed, stuck-up human being I have ever been in contact with...
cool, and i'm a patriots fan..........
Old 11-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
cool, and i'm a patriots fan..........
Uhhh....congrats? Not sure where you're trying to go with that...
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
How bout bringing on more mods period?

I've asked this question 4 times and every time I get "they are being trained"

My first request was a year ago
Will
I was a moderator for a website that has,at any given time, 3 million hits a day with close to 290k members.....I would not wish that duty on anyone and if no one has done it before then you cannot possibly understand how wretched that duty is.
People who do it for free are crazy. It jades you and makes you insensitive to people's concerns and feelings to the point that you will LOOK for any rules infraction to ban people at times.

Training people...I pity anyone who is being trained to be a moderator No matter what you are told, it is a 8-10hr a day freebie activity
Old 11-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
I do not understand
They offer a venue where they pay for the bandwidth and now they are supposed to have someone come moderate trades?
There is no safe way to use forums for trading, period. It's all by gut. The ONLY option is to offer a escrow service...but no one here has mentioned payment,so that is expected to be free as well ?
Your following logic would be that it encourages sales, makes people keep buying... and that line of logic, true or not, holds no water in this situation.
Talk is cheap and threats are talk. If they had a marked decrease in sales, maybe,but that isn't happening because people buy and could care less about forums, period.
So, unless you are willing to set up a fund to pay someone to operate as an escorw provider, then this is all titty baby ranting since it does nothing else other than to provide a point to complain

nobody needs an escrow service or funds etc. I run a website myself and have moderated many boards over the years, it doesn't require much more than a login and checking on situations daily....... how difficult would it really be for a mod to check up on 10-20 situations a week?

the basic dynamic of a message board is that it has mods and admins........

but you completely missed the point..... it wasn't to say they "HAVE TO" do anything, it was more to say, if you are "NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING" stop kicking people in the nuts over these simple rules......

if it's a free for all and they just back out of responsibilty cool, then do that. but if your going to try to hold this strict set of rules over thread bumping etc, then hold the same rules across the board, long story short the rules are being enforced quickly on stuff to piss people off, but not to create a fair marketplace.

I mean banning someone over a thread bump that was a little too early? get real...... that's not even logic.

yet people steal peoples money for days on end, leave negative feedback for the person they stole the money from, you have to file claims with paypal etc to get ya money back? I mean? it's just obvious......

it doesn't take much effort to take action on things like that.

a guy on here took my money for over 10 days and told me he'd give me a refund when he felt like it, I had to file a claim on it......... ZERO action by a mod...... but I get banned for a thread bump that wasn't even a thread bump, it was a response to people in the thread asking me questions about the cards? that's crazzzzy
Old 11-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Will
I was a moderator for a website that has,at any given time, 3 million hits a day with close to 290k members.....I would not wish that duty on anyone and if no one has done it before then you cannot possibly understand how wretched that duty is.
People who do it for free are crazy. It jades you and makes you insensitive to people's concerns and feelings to the point that you will LOOK for any rules infraction to ban people at times.

Training people...I pity anyone who is being trained to be a moderator No matter what you are told, it is a 8-10hr a day freebie activity
I hear you. I was actually a mod for a while on a site much bigger than this. I guess what annoys me is the promises over and over that more mods are being added yet they never are.
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
I hear you. I was actually a mod for a while on a site much bigger than this. I guess what annoys me is the promises over and over that more mods are being added yet they never are.
KMD was a moderator for like two weeks a little while ago...not sure why that stopped.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Uhhh....congrats? Not sure where you're trying to go with that...
read your profile info on the left
Old 11-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
KMD was a moderator for like two weeks a little while ago...not sure why that stopped.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
I do not understand
They offer a venue where they pay for the bandwidth and now they are supposed to have someone come moderate trades?
There is no safe way to use forums for trading, period. It's all by gut. The ONLY option is to offer a escrow service...but no one here has mentioned payment,so that is expected to be free as well ?
Your following logic would be that it encourages sales, makes people keep buying... and that line of logic, true or not, holds no water in this situation.
Talk is cheap and threats are talk. If they had a marked decrease in sales, maybe,but that isn't happening because people buy and could care less about forums, period.
So, unless you are willing to set up a fund to pay someone to operate as an escorw provider, then this is all titty baby ranting since it does nothing else other than to provide a point to complain
So whats your suggestion? Just let people keep robbing on here?
Old 11-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #110 (permalink)

this board is starting to remind me of the other large board, where I got robbed for $45 on gametime codes and then banned for mentioning it on the board so that others didn't get robbed by the same user.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
read your profile info on the left
Your sarcasm detector is wayyyyyyyyyyyy out of calibration. For someone who thinks they are God's gift to Earth you might want to get the checked out...
Old 11-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
What???

What?????????????

Old 11-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Your sarcasm detector is wayyyyyyyyyyyy out of calibration. For someone who thinks they are God's gift to Earth you might want to get the checked out...
oh yeah, whats the spec's on calibration for the sarcasm detection unit?
Old 11-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
oh yeah, whats the spec's on calibration for the sarcasm detection unit?
For you? Somewhere between Nimrod and Stuck-Up Buffoon.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #115 (permalink)

rule breaking is rule breaking is rule breaking. a thread gets bumped early and reported, you get a break. it's a rule. it's cut and dry. That's not a mod focusing only on those infractions. They're just easier to handle quickly since it's cut and dry.

a scam situation could take mods ages to handle since they have to gather both sides of the story. If one party (the scammer) chooses to take their time to reply, it takes even longer.

again, it's not the mod being petty, it's them handling everything at once, but early bumps (in this case) are cut and dry and easier to mete out.

shoot, i'll be a damn mod that just looks at transactions if it will make people feel safer. not that i'll have any power because in the end, it's on the traders to protect themselves as best they can. The current mods are in the same situation.

had a new member offer me a card I needed. they were against using paypal, and I insisted because I got a weird feeling. Haven't heard back since I insisted. probably saved myself some time and effort and lost cards/cash.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
I could only imagine why What the forum needs is a mod located on the west coast to take care of the late night problems that pop up when the other mods are sound asleep.

Last edited by ilovethelakings; 11-21-2012 at 09:21 PM.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #117 (permalink)

it's incredibly easy to spot scamming........

make a rule, if you don't have DC in 10 days from payment and someone reports & shows that fact...... your banned.

not to mention the guy logs on, calls you all types of wild names, proves himself that he never sent anything, refuses your refund, it's one of the most popular threads on the board because everybody was in it talking back & forth commenting on the situation, NO ACTION at all...........

now you are suggesting yourself as mod, but you called me all types of wild names for a deal that never was.........

am I in the twilight zone right now.........

people steal from you, it's well known and people do nothing, but you get banned for a thread bump..... meanwhile I alert people to someone stealing from me, it goes 12 pages, he says right in there he would give a refund if he felt like it, cursing me all the way around and no action what so ever......... the thread had 4,000 views........

something just tells me? something isn't exactly right about that.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:

make a rule, if you don't have DC in 10 days from payment and someone reports & shows that fact...... your banned.
i actually agree with this. maybe not banned for first offense, but stepping up suspension lengths maybe?

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
i actually agree with this. maybe not banned for first offense, but stepping up suspension lengths maybe?
why not banned? if you can get banned for a thread bump, I definately feel like you should/could be banned for not sending your end of the deal within a 10 day period. the money/trading/card exchange situation is way more important to the board than thread bumping.

in my opinion the thread bumping is being handled wrong, you shouldn't ban people, you should delete or move the thread to a dead zone.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #120 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

I could not agree more with this statement. Enough falling down stairs, dogs eating cards, people dying, Superstorm Sandy effecting S. Dakota etc. etc. etc.
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #121 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Gee I have never been scammed or scammed anyone. I wonder why that is?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Because you are S-M-A-R-T and know how to pick and choose who you deal with. You sound like someone else I know
Old 11-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
um, because your dealing with group breaks, it's gonna be pretty tough to get scammed on that since you have to be approved on the site to even do them. I surely hope your not suggesting that getting scammed would be the fault of a buyer? if you are then your opinion is clearly no longer valid.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
um, because your dealing with group breaks, it's gonna be pretty tough to get scammed on that since you have to be approved on the site to even do them. I surely hope your not suggesting that getting scammed would be the fault of a buyer? if you are then your opinion is clearly no longer valid.
Perhaps you should take a look at his feedback. You'll see there are quite a few times he was a buyer or a trader. And for Pete's sake, it's "you're" not your.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Perhaps you should take a look at his feedback. You'll see there are quite a few times he was a buyer or a trader. And for Pete's sake, it's "you're" not your.
yeah 4 pages of buying, 14 pages of selling......... and I've dealt with him before....... no problems.