Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 03:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Can someone answer me this?.....

How many screens and clicks does one have to go through to file a fraudulent credit card purchase with paypal or their own credit card company? If its just one, this may have been an accident. BUT, here's a little recap. I sold an item to a member here back in July. Once payment was made I left feedback. I sent package with DC and insurance TO HIS PAYPAL ADDRESS. A few days later he leaves positive feedback. About a week later he lists the cards for sale on here. Then on Tuesday NOVEMBER 20 I get a notice from paypal saying The buyer claims that this purchase was made without authorization to use the credit card. HE WAS SELLING THE CARDS 2 WEEKS AFTER...and he waits til now to file a claim?!?!?! Thankfully I keep ALL of my postal reciepts. I expect this from the noobs but this guy has almost twice as much feedback as I do. If your dealing with people with high feedback or 0 feedback, keep ALL your receipts. This saved me $130+ bucks.

Anybody else have this happen to them?
dunkking34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

Blowout shadiness in full effect again. For the love of humanity can you please tell us who it is so we dont get caught out there. Pm me if you dont want to make it public.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Blowout shadiness in full effect again. For the love of humanity can you please tell us who it is so we dont get caught out there. Pm me if you dont want to make it public.
+1
Old 11-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

So you were covered by PayPal seller protection, right? And you were refunded the $130, right? Always use DC# and signature confirmation if above $250. Then you are protected by PayPal seller protection.

This has happened to me multiple times. Scammers try to abuse the credit card chargeback claim. But PayPal is onto this scam. They hate it because they are the ones that lose money. The buyer scams money from the seller, but then PayPal has to refund the seller if the seller is protected by PayPal seller protection. PayPal ends up taking the loss. You can bet your ass they don't want these types of scams to continue and are working hard to punish the scammers.

PayPal works with the credit card companies, will give them proof of shipment with your DC#, and if there was signature confirmation. The credit card companies aren't going to like having customers who are scammers. Especially if PayPal is breathing down their necks and pushing them to stop this type of scam. They will drop them like a bag of bricks. Buyers who do this risk losing their credit card, PayPal account, and possibly more.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkking34 View Post
How many screens and clicks does one have to go through to file a fraudulent credit card purchase with paypal or their own credit card company? If its just one, this may have been an accident. BUT, here's a little recap. I sold an item to a member here back in July. Once payment was made I left feedback. I sent package with DC and insurance TO HIS PAYPAL ADDRESS. A few days later he leaves positive feedback. About a week later he lists the cards for sale on here. Then on Tuesday NOVEMBER 20 I get a notice from paypal saying The buyer claims that this purchase was made without authorization to use the credit card. HE WAS SELLING THE CARDS 2 WEEKS AFTER...and he waits til now to file a claim?!?!?! Thankfully I keep ALL of my postal reciepts. I expect this from the noobs but this guy has almost twice as much feedback as I do. If your dealing with people with high feedback or 0 feedback, keep ALL your receipts. This saved me $130+ bucks.

Anybody else have this happen to them?
Your rant is useless without the mention of who did this. Trader feedback is here to notify us of a member who is questionable. Not to vent. Either name the member who did this so we can be warned ahead of time before they do it to someone else
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

This was me,I was going through my statement and I realized I didn't make the last three purchases on my statement, which one of them was a paypal charge.
I called my CC and they acted upon it,I contact the seller with $1500 purchase and notified him immediately when this happened and offered to send him the funds asap via paypal gift and he declined to accept any funds until he got a response from paypal on what would happen and he is positive that the charge back would be reversed.
I contacted the other seller for $300 and sent him the funds via gift and he agreed to send the funds back when the charge back is reversed.
I did the same with the $400 seller.
Couldn't figure who the other two was and It is completely my fault that I should've reached out and made a thread about it so the sellers could contact me.
I figured they would pm me if they received anything from paypal.
Once again my apologies for the mishap.
Haiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

I'm the seller of the $1500 item and i can vouch that everything he is true.. i had an email from him explaining everything almost the same time i got the email from paypal stating there was a case against me... At this point the case is still open so there isnt much else I can say. Will update once it concludes.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

I had the same thing happen to me with Haiku at the same time. His credit card was stolen and he took care of me completely and without issue. He is a stand up guy. It has been past 45 days and as long as you filled out the DC and used proper shipping practices you have absolutely nothing to worry about. This would have been much better handled in a Pm before putting someone on blast before knowing the whole story.

I was the $300 payment.
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
PC: Brandon Marshall
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=300+=100%(All Positive)

Last edited by PDawson21; 11-26-2012 at 11:15 AM.
PDawson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #9 (permalink)

Ive had issues where paypal froze my account and once its frozen the communication stops (Emails etc.) so I was not notified until 6 years later when I tried to open a new paypal they had me at a neg balance of $2800 for some ebay deals they said the seller filed a charge back and the transaction was reversed but paypal said it was not their problem if a seller did not return $2,800 worth of items...so paypal works for the scum so does ebay... its funny that paypal is listed as being in California but when I filed a complaint with BBB I recieved an Air Mail letter with a return address of maryland...air mail = overseas.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Look, Ill help clear this up. First of all, Haiku would never ever scam anyone. Haiku has helped me when my bank was messing with my check. Haiku has helped more people than anyone I know. When I needed him, he's there. Second, when fraudulent charges are made, all charges are chargebacked. I use to work for a CC company and know this firsthand. Anyone who believes for a second that Haiku would scam anyone is a seriously disturbed person. I love you Haiki.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

I dont think anyone is saying Haiku scammed anyone. This a prime example of a broken telephone game by which the OP gave 20% of the info and expected the rest of us to fill in the blanks. Thats exactly what happens in miscommunication.

Maybe the 2 involved should have worked it out prior to posting here. This is trader feedback. I use it to guage members on dealings. If you are wrong and post a person for being negligent, it had nothing to do with me. Im just here for the info. Not the misinformation.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
Look, Ill help clear this up. First of all, Haiku would never ever scam anyone. Haiku has helped me when my bank was messing with my check. Haiku has helped more people than anyone I know. When I needed him, he's there. Second, when fraudulent charges are made, all charges are chargebacked. I use to work for a CC company and know this firsthand. Anyone who believes for a second that Haiku would scam anyone is a seriously disturbed person. I love you Haiki.
And how was anyone suppose to know this before Haiku posted?
Old 11-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
And how was anyone suppose to know this before Haiku posted?
I'm still confused...please clear this one up:

1. haiku purchased cards in july
2. feedbacks left on both sides
3. cards were for sale here by haiku right after
4. haiku's cc was stolen and used to purchase said cards
5. haiku has been giving free paypal out until chargebacks are fixed - nice gesture imo

so is it not haiku who did the purchasing, someone else here stole haiku's card? one of you involved need to get more specific on whats going on. I have a couple of blocked posts here so maybe I'm missing something.

I've never seen one bad thing about haiku (but hey many here who were angels went bad in the last couple of years), but I'm just utterly lost on who bought and sold cards here on a stolen credit card. I think OP was right with posting this up, maybe a pm to start would have been better.

so who on here then is using a haiku's stolen credit card or paypal account if it was not him buying and reselling the cards.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

I'll clear it up for you.
-I purchased the card from the seller
-Feedback left on both ends
-I find out later on there were three unauthorized charges on my CC
-one of the unauthorized charge was from Paypal.
-My CC filed an unauthorized charge to all the purchases I made in that time frame
-I contact the sellers immediately explaining the situation and offered to send PayPal via gift until the mishap is fixed
-It is completely my fault that I did not contact this seller
-There were total of four sellers and I contacted all of them immediately
-Once again the seller did the right thing
-This was completely my fault, I should've found the seller first to clear things up
-I have no intentions of taking $130 from the seller what so ever
-I will take full responsiblity for anyone who has to go through this because of me
-I was a victim my self of someone else's wrong doing
-once again completely my fault far as the issue with the seller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
I'm still confused...please clear this one up:

1. haiku purchased cards in july
2. feedbacks left on both sides
3. cards were for sale here by haiku right after
4. haiku's cc was stolen and used to purchase said cards
5. haiku has been giving free paypal out until chargebacks are fixed - nice gesture imo

so is it not haiku who did the purchasing, someone else here stole haiku's card? one of you involved need to get more specific on whats going on. I have a couple of blocked posts here so maybe I'm missing something.

I've never seen one bad thing about haiku (but hey many here who were angels went bad in the last couple of years), but I'm just utterly lost on who bought and sold cards here on a stolen credit card. I think OP was right with posting this up, maybe a pm to start would have been better.

so who on here then is using a haiku's stolen credit card or paypal account if it was not him buying and reselling the cards.
Haiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
I'll clear it up for you.
-I purchased the card from the seller
-Feedback left on both ends
-I find out later on there were three unauthorized charges on my CC
-one of the unauthorized charge was from Paypal.
-My CC filed an unauthorized charge to all the purchases I made in that time frame
-I contact the sellers immediately explaining the situation and offered to send PayPal via gift until the mishap is fixed
-It is completely my fault that I did not contact this seller
-There were total of four sellers and I contacted all of them immediately
-Once again the seller did the right thing
-This was completely my fault, I should've found the seller first to clear things up
-I have no intentions of taking $130 from the seller what so ever
-I will take full responsiblity for anyone who has to go through this because of me
-I was a victim my self of someone else's wrong doing
-once again completely my fault far as the issue with the seller.
Bolded part is all I needed. maybe I missed it in some of the other posts. I'm happy now. thanks for clearing it up. sure sounds like a mess.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #16 (permalink)

I just signed on and saw everyones comments. I was not gonna mention a name right away, because I wanted to get honest feedback from everyone who posted. For the person who said I only gave 20% of the info, I gave all info I had and that was given to me by paypal (not attacking you, just clarifying). Since this post, the person has contacted me and I will respond to him after this is written. The timing of it is what infuriated me the most. Not only happening right before a big holiday weekend, but how long ago that sale was. Anyways, this is ressolved and if further explaination is needed, feel free to post.
dunkking34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Hook.............line..................sinker....................................

SPARTY ON!
msumarr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #18 (permalink)

so this is where Haiku's account started to go severely negative.... thus he tried to stop the leak by getting mass payments into his paypal? which didn't work and now hes on the run?

SIGH
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
how much money did Haiku send you for you to have no problem openly discredit people for questioning him?

would be nice for you to openly discuss exactly what he helped you with regarding your bank messing with your check.
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

wow someone was "groomed" like a champ. Didn't even spit on it
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
wow someone was "groomed" like a champ. Didn't even spit on it
Lmfao! Sad but true.
matt roberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
how much money did Haiku send you for you to have no problem openly discredit people for questioning him?

would be nice for you to openly discuss exactly what he helped you with regarding your bank messing with your check.
Mind explaining your horrible 93% Itrader?
Scams?

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Straight F@G!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:

Post of the year. LOL

The numbers didn't come close to adding up in his latest mystery sale thread. There was no way it could be true.
Flip_My_Cards is offline   Reply With Quote