Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Talking Cardcollector08 - Avoide this Circus Clown

Cardcollector08 purchased a chrome lot from me that included over 350+ 2012 Topps Chrome Football.
He received every single card from one single case expect all the RC lots I've sold which was about 15 players.
Before he made the purchase I made it very clear to him that the lot may not be for him,also made it clear to him it was all the left overs from the sale which included.Redzone,Talboy,Retro and over 200+ base RCs and refractors.
He receives the package this morning and he PMs me saying he is not happy with his purchase stating there are no Luck,BOBII or Trent in the lot.
I told him before you made the purchase I thought I made it very clear on what you are getting,He though since people spoke so highly of me he would receive more.
I offered to refund him half of the funds and asked him if that would make things fair or he could send the cards back to me and I'll pay for the shipping as well.
He stated He'll make a thread asking peoples advice on what he should do and he wouldn't mention my name.
I told him I don't have a problem with you mentioning that the lot came from me and please let me know what he would like to do cause I don't want to leave things lingering over my head.
Once again I offered to refund half of the fund and he couldn't make up his mind.
I offered to refund the full amount for the return of the cards and he couldn't make up his mind.
Conclusion - I refunded him the full amount and told him to just keep the cards.

*If you ever purchase anything from me and you are unhappy with what you receive,
You will receive $100 off from your next purchase of anything above $100.

Last edited by Haiku; 11-28-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ugh, no good deed goes unpunished I guess. He must have thought you would slip in an Andrew Luck refractor auto.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnilevirus View Post
Ugh, no good deed goes unpunished I guess. He must have thought you would slip in an Andrew Luck refractor auto.
What bothered me the most was through our PMs,
I told him I'm sorry that he was not happy with the lot and also told him I would refund him half of the funds if he thought that was fair and he couldn't make up his mind and he seemed as he needed opinion from other members.
Well now he has this thread to get others opinions.
I could be completely wrong about this on the pricing of the cards.
He has a full refund and He can keep the cards as well since I hate dealing with people who are indecisive.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

I swear - the more deals you, meaning Haiku specifically, put out there (and there are tons) people get more greedy (just in general - not necessarily this deal)

If you give them 40% off eBay instead of 50% they bitch about the other 10%

Part of the reason I gave all this up - there are very few like you left - pains me to deal on the trade boards sometimes.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

edit nm 2 posts down is my response
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)

Last edited by wheeler281; 11-28-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Had a feeling that was going to end exactly this way.

Sorry for the hassle Haiku.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

FTR he is a previously banned member NICKTV08

I just checked his post history and the bucket he is linking to trades is from that accnt
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
Old 11-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
Had a feeling that was going to end exactly this way.

Sorry for the hassle Haiku.
You and I both,I'm not faulting the buyer for not liking the lot.
Maybe I did over value the lot and he could be right as he may not get more then what he spent on the lot in return.
What I'm upset about is,I gave him options to make the situation work for him in his favor.
Half of the funds back or a full refund and return the cards.
He couldn't do either and he wanted others opinions,
I have no need for those cards and I do not wish to have them back
I told him to keep the cards or give them away in a giveaway or if he sells them donate to local charity.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
You and I both,I'm not faulting the buyer for not liking the lot.
Maybe I did over value the lot and he could be right as he may not get more then what he spent on the lot in return.
What I'm upset about is,I gave him options to make the situation work for him in his favor.
Half of the funds back or a full refund and return the cards.
He couldn't do either and he wanted others opinions,
I have no need for those cards and I do not wish to have them back
I told him to keep the cards or give them away in a giveaway or if he sells them donate to local charity.
Same here, you gave him 2 options that were more then fair. I mean what else can you do. Not sure why he couldnt just make a simple decision on if he wanted half refund or full refund.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ugh....I swear....an amazing person like Haiku has this happen to them...just insane...Got my Blackmon lot today only 3 days from when I bought it...amazing shipment time, amazing deal, great person -- how can you not like Haiku???

And on top of that offer to refund half his money and keep the cards and he's still undecisive??? Unreal...and then you're such a great guy, you refund his whole amount back to him...added to the block list, one Cardcollector08
Old 11-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
Same here, you gave him 2 options that were more then fair. I mean what else can you do. Not sure why he couldnt just make a simple decision on if he wanted half refund or full refund.
Because he was waiting for the option of------I'll refund you AND keep the dang cards.

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/obadger/sale%20or%20trade---Autos/
Old 11-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardcollector08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku
You said you wanted other members opinions to see what you should do,
Well now you'll receive them, I'm not faulting you for not liking what you received.
I thought it was more then fair value but you thought otherwise and that is perfectly fine.
What I'm upset about is that I offered you two solutions that was to satisfy you as a buyer yet you didn't want to accept either of them.
What other options am I left with? I want every single person who makes a purchase from me to be perfectly happy with what they receive.
You weren't satisfy with your purchase so I refunded you.
Please do keep the cards, give them away or if you sell them donate to your local charity.
And I really do appreciate the refund.

You only gave me like five minutes to make that decision though lol. I realize you wanted a a answer ASAP but that's why I wanted to make a thread to see if that was even necessary to be refunded.

I really do feel bad about keeping the cards but if you insist I will. I think it'd be best to sell and donate to a charity like you said, especially around this time of the year. I'm a pharmacy major and here at OSU we do this thing every year where we supply coats to people in need of them during the cold winters we have here. It helps a lot of underprivileged children get brand new coats

If you're 100% positive you don't want the cards back that's where the proceeds will be going.

Once again I'm really sorry and I feel like I ruined any chance to deal with you again, but I hope that's not the case.
Five minutes?? He had over an hour to decide and couldn't make up his mind.
I mentioned few times on here that I went to OSU and he claims that he is an OSU student as well so hopefully he does the right thing by giving the cards away or raise few bucks and donate them.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

This right here is a textbook example of why all of the good members are leaving the hobby or the forums. This s**t is getting out of hand.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #14 (permalink)

will someone ask him what he previously was banned for
Old 11-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
FTR he is a previously banned member NICKTV08

I just checked his post history and the bucket he is linking to trades is from that accnt
Now this makes things quite interesting.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #16 (permalink)

wow. so he knows what he is getting exactly, and then gets mad when you give him exactly what he paid for?

blocking that clown.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #17 (permalink)

Honestly, I'm just going to be blunt. People see your extreme generousity in cases and probably just expect anything they buy to come with "extras/bonuses".

It looks like that was the case with this guy. He got exactly what he bought, but he was clearly expecting more.

Sorry bud. Appreciate you letting us all know to stay away from the assclown.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

SMH. Sorry Haiku, I can't believe the audacity of some people. Don't let one bad apple tarnish the hobby for you. For HIS sake, I hope he doesn't try to defend his actions in this thread.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #19 (permalink)

I bought a Russell Wilson lot from Haiku recently. I got it today and it had NO freebies in there. No Michael Jordan RC BGS 10, No Andrew Luck 1/1 autos. I had to really refrain from leaving a negative. I mean, Haiku is so generous I thought when I bought a lot like that from him he would just toss in a bunch of free #@#@#@#@.

Shame on you Haiku
Old 11-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Cardcollector08 purchased a chrome lot from me that included over 350+ 2012 Topps Chrome Football.
He received every single card from one single case expect all the RC lots I've sold which was about 15 players.
Before he made the purchase I made it very clear to him that the lot may not be for him,also made it clear to him it was all the left overs from the sale which included.Redzone,Talboy,Retro and over 200+ base RCs and refractors.
He receives the package this morning and he PMs me saying he is not happy with his purchase stating there are no Luck,BOBII or Trent in the lot.
I told him before you made the purchase I thought I made it very clear on what you are getting,He though since people spoke so highly of me he would receive more.
I offered to refund him half of the funds and asked him if that would make things fair or he could send the cards back to me and I'll pay for the shipping as well.
He stated He'll make a thread asking peoples advice on what he should do and he wouldn't mention my name.
I told him I don't have a problem with you mentioning that the lot came from me and please let me know what he would like to do cause I don't want to leave things lingering over my head.
Once again I offered to refund half of the fund and he couldn't make up his mind.
I offered to refund the full amount for the return of the cards and he couldn't make up his mind.
Conclusion - I refunded him the full amount and told him to just keep the cards.

*If you ever purchase anything from me and you are unhappy with what you receive,
What a great offer this is! Let me be the first scammer to take advantage of this! I will buy a $5 card off of you, say I'm not happy... thus entitling me to the "If you ever purchase anything from me and you are unhappy with what you receive,
You will receive $100 off from your next purchase of anything above $100." offer you stated. Then I will choose out $101 in cards to purchase off of you, and end up only paying $1!!!!!

Sorry scammers, just busted you guys out, so don't even try to pull that ish anymore!!!

MY BUCKET: http://s940.photobucket.com/albums/ad244/tyewreeek13/
Old 11-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:

Cardcollector08 - Avoide this Circus Clown
Old 11-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
What bothered me the most was through our PMs,
I told him I'm sorry that he was not happy with the lot and also told him I would refund him half of the funds if he thought that was fair and he couldn't make up his mind and he seemed as he needed opinion from other members.
Well now he has this thread to get others opinions.
I could be completely wrong about this on the pricing of the cards.
He has a full refund and He can keep the cards as well since I hate dealing with people who are indecisive.
I must say I have never met so many people who cannot think for themselves. Half the threads on here are people wondering if a trade was fair, did I pay too much, yadda, yadda, yadda. Grow a set of stones and start thinking for yourself people.Geez.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
.... I hate dealing with people who are indecisive.
I'm not sure whether I agree with this line of thinking.
I'll get back with you....

Sorry to read about your issues on this. You're obviously a stand-up person on this site so hopefully Karma works its way back to you soon.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #24 (permalink)

You're a better man than I Haiku. If I offered someone 50% refund + keep the cards and they couldn't decide without the "advice" of others, I wohld've told him to piss off and to send the damn cards back.

Unfortuneately I saw this deal going south once I saw him claim the lot after a few others hyped up your mystery lots. ( not blaming them, just saw it leading to trouble). Then he questions it in another thread where you said your chrome cases weren't spectacular. He was obviously expecting $1k sale value for his $150.

Also note where he says he will donate the "proceeds" to charity. Who wants to bet only a small portion if any will get donated? If he really felt bad he would send the cards back or just donate the cards. Not see how much he can sell them for first.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
You're a better man than I Haiku. If I offered someone 50% refund + keep the cards and they couldn't decide without the "advice" of others, I wohld've told him to piss off and to send the damn cards back.

Unfortuneately I saw this deal going south once I saw him claim the lot after a few others hyped up your mystery lots. ( not blaming them, just saw it leading to trouble). Then he questions it in another thread where you said your chrome cases weren't spectacular. He was obviously expecting $1k sale value for his $150.

Also note where he says he will donate the "proceeds" to charity. Who wants to bet only a small portion if any will get donated? If he really felt bad he would send the cards back or just donate the cards. Not see how much he can sell them for first.
I felt the same way about the buyer and it was my fault to even sell the lot to him.
This was not a mystery lot and he was aware of what he was getting,at least I thought he was.
Maybe I did a poor job explaining and I should've mentioned every card in the lot but I didn't.
It's all over with and he has the cards and the $167 back in his pockets so he should be happy.
Closed Thread