Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 12:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Avoid ebay seller leoking88888888

At all costs. I just got a notice that i was outbid, then 5 seconds later that there was a bid retraction. so i checked the auction and here were the details on the bidder.

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 416
Items bid on: 124
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%
Bid retractions: 27
Bid retractions (6 months): 52

this guy is pure shill. 100% with that seller.

2012 Momentum SHEA MCCLELLIN Bears GOLD AUTOGRAPHED Rookie AUTO RC! #'d 38/49 | eBay

just warning everyone else here.

i decided to retract my bid as well, no reason to be bid up on a card by the seller even if it is pc for me... a shame really.

Last edited by PlatinumPlus502; 11-30-2012 at 12:55 AM.
PlatinumPlus502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:02 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPlus502 View Post
At all costs. I just got a notice that i was outbid, then 5 seconds later that there was a bid retraction. so i checked the auction and here were the details on the bidder.

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 416
Items bid on: 124
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%
Bid retractions: 27
Bid retractions (6 months): 52

this guy is pure shill. 100% with that seller.

2012 Momentum SHEA MCCLELLIN Bears GOLD AUTOGRAPHED Rookie AUTO RC! #'d 38/49 | eBay

just warning everyone else here.

i decided to retract my bid as well, no reason to be bid up on a card by the seller even if it is pc for me... a shame really.
Yeah it is a shame. If I can, can I ask you a question?

What reason do you have for the amount of retractions you have? 5 this month, 24 in the last 6?

I've never understood why or how people have so many...
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

i have a habit of bidding on multiple cards of the same card. when i happen to win one i'm not going to buy duplicates. i know thats not an excuse but yea. ive always paid for everything i buy, so there is no issue there, just cant see paying for multiples of the same exact card when its going into pc anyway.

also, here is how he responded to my message to him...

"thanks for letting me know, the person that did that had a bad sale with me a couple months ago, since then, he's been messing with my listings, i tried blocking him, but all he does is opening new accounts and bidding on my stuff...sorry for the inconvenience..."
PlatinumPlus502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
i have a habit of bidding on multiple cards of the same card. when i happen to win one i'm not going to buy duplicates. i know thats not an excuse but yea. ive always paid for everything i buy, so there is no issue there, just cant see paying for multiples of the same exact card when its going into pc anyway.
You really need to break that habit. It shows a total lack of respect for the sellers. Keep the cards in your watch list. Then if you lose one you can bid on the next. You're lucky the invalid retractions haven't been reported.

Thanks for the heads up on the shill though.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

Kids say the darnedest things....
R3dm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

lol 52 Bid retractions I bet he did have a bad transaction... I bid on a Kyrie Irving a few weeks back and was out bid with an hour left... when there was 15 mins left I was notified there was a retraction so I emailed the selller and told him If I won I would not be paying to please cancel my bid as well bc shilling isnt cool to jack up the price he tried telling me the Bidder retracted his own bid with 15 mins left... what a joke guess guy thinks people dont know there 24 hour retract rule.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:

also, here is how he responded to my message to him...

"thanks for letting me know, the person that did that had a bad sale with me a couple months ago, since then, he's been messing with my listings, i tried blocking him, but all he does is opening new accounts and bidding on my stuff...sorry for the inconvenience..."
Well isn't this just an all time call out on yourself.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Well isn't this just an all time call out on yourself.
Not really..
Old 11-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
lol 52 Bid retractions I bet he did have a bad transaction... I bid on a Kyrie Irving a few weeks back and was out bid with an hour left... when there was 15 mins left I was notified there was a retraction so I emailed the selller and told him If I won I would not be paying to please cancel my bid as well bc shilling isnt cool to jack up the price he tried telling me the Bidder retracted his own bid with 15 mins left... what a joke guess guy thinks people dont know there 24 hour retract rule.
12hr retraction rule but yeah what a JA
Old 11-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingJustin View Post
Not really..
Not really? Just telling everyone you bid on items you don't intend to pay for if you win isn't calling yourself out?

Interesting.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Not really? Just telling everyone you bid on items you don't intend to pay for if you win isn't calling yourself out?

Interesting.
He said he always pays for them
Old 11-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh611 View Post
He said he always pays for them
Fair enough - he "pays" for the one he does win - but it's absolutely ridiculous, and we'd call out any 99% of people, if they bid on multiples of the same item - and then retracts all their bids on the ones they don't want anymore.

So I stand by my statement - he bids on items he doesn't intend to pay for - because if he bids on 10 of the same item he's only paying for 1 of them. So 9 of those bids, even if he doesn't win, he has no intention of honoring. The others he'll just retract the bid as if it wasn't a big deal to bid in the first place.

That royally screws sellers.

Last edited by asujbl; 11-30-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Fair enough - he "pays" for the one he does win - but it's absolutely ridiculous, and we'd call out any 99% of people, if they bid on multiples of the same item - and then retracts all their bids on the ones they don't want anymore.

So I stand by my statement - he bids on items he doesn't intend to pay for - because if he bids on 10 of the same item he's only paying for 1 of them. So 9 of those bids, even if he doesn't win, he has no intention of honoring. The others he'll just retract the bid as if it wasn't a big deal to bid in the first place.

Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
12hr retraction rule but yeah what a JA
Lol. Says the guy that had 49 retractions in 30 days.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Exactly.

Lol. Says the guy that had 49 retractions in 30 days.
donkey, no way your a moron man 49 retractions in 30 days LOL your funny(prove it or shut it) I want you to post my ebay ID that has 49 retractions on it. Funny how you and your 3 bb always on the same call out threads. You guys need a room!

Sellers do not get hurt at all by retractions. Do some research JA before you make a claim like this. Show me 5 auctions with retractions where a card did not sell in the range it should have due to a retraction. Can not wait for you to try and prove it.

Last edited by ebacardi2; 11-30-2012 at 07:33 PM.
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:

How does it screw the seller?? did they lose any money? 80% of bidders snipe anyways so if the retraction is 12+hours or days in advance how does that screw the seller? I will wait for the proof that an item sold for less then it should have because of a retraction 12+hrs-days in advance. I love call out threads when 70-80% of bidders on ebay have 5+ retractions on there account over a few months.

Last edited by ebacardi2; 11-30-2012 at 07:35 PM.
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
donkey, no way your a moron man 49 retractions in 30 days LOL your funny(prove it or shut it) I want you to post my ebay ID that has 49 retractions on it. Funny how you and your 3 bb always on the same call out threads. You guys need a room!

Sellers do not get hurt at all by retractions. Do some research JA before you make a claim like this. Show me 5 auctions with retractions where a card did not sell in the range it should have due to a retraction. Can not wait for you to try and prove it.
Just because those 3 accounts went NARU doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Would you like me to post the ids to prove the non payment feedback Eric?

Quote:
How does it screw the seller?? did they lose any money? 80% of bidders snipe anyways so if the retraction is 12+hours or days in advance how does that screw the seller? I will wait for the proof that an item sold for less then it should have because of a retraction 12+hrs-days in advance. I love call out threads when 70-80% of bidders on ebay have 5+ retractions on there account over a few months.
So you're saying it's ok to not follow Ebay's policies?
Old 11-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Just because those 3 accounts went NARU doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Would you like me to post the ids to prove the non payment feedback Eric?

So you're saying it's ok to not follow Ebay's policies?

No, just saying most people do it all the time me included(not saying I don't) but I was just trying to respond to the post's about screwing sellers etc. I just want to see the facts and correlation that bidding on an item an retracting a bid with plenty of time left has any effect on the ending price. If a card sells for 40 and I bid 35 and become highest bidder then retract it for any reason days before it ends and price drops to 34 but some bids come in at the end and it still sells for 40 how does the seller lose money The only way a seller gets screwed is if the bidder is the higher bidder retracts a bid and then nobody else bids, but that rarely happens. 99% of the time the card/item sells for what it should and even more then the highest bid of the person who retracted. The facts are there all over ebay just look at completed auctions and find ones that there are retractions on and see if you find ones where the item ended for less because of the retraction. I am saying this happens all the time right or wrong if it is not shilling and the seller does not lose out on $ then no harm. Just seems people make a big deal out of retractions when it really is not a huge issue.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
No, just saying most people do it all the time me included(not saying I don't) but I was just trying to respond to the post's about screwing sellers etc. I just want to see the facts and correlation that bidding on an item an retracting a bid with plenty of time left has any effect on the ending price. If a card sells for 40 and I bid 35 and become highest bidder then retract it for any reason days before it ends and price drops to 34 but some bids come in at the end and it still sells for 40 how does the seller lose money The only way a seller gets screwed is if the bidder is the higher bidder retracts a bid and then nobody else bids, but that rarely happens. 99% of the time the card/item sells for what it should and even more then the highest bid of the person who retracted. The facts are there all over ebay just look at completed auctions and find ones that there are retractions on and see if you find ones where the item ended for less because of the retraction. I am saying this happens all the time right or wrong if it is not shilling and the seller does not lose out on $ then no harm. Just seems people make a big deal out of retractions when it really is not a huge issue.
Keep on keepin on

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:

No. Most people don't do it all the time. It's actually a pretty small percentage of bidders that really don't care about sellers or rules. I'm not wasting my time looking for random auctions that have had a retraction.

Fact of the matter is, if I see an auction that is already bid up past what I would be willing to pay, I don't even keep it in my watch list. If a bid gets retracted later on I would never know. That costs sellers bids from people who may otherwise be interested.

For someone who is such a stickler for rules on here it just boggles my mind why you feel rules on ebay don't apply.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #20 (permalink)

Why do you even feel the need to retract? Why not figure out if you want the card or not and then bid? What is so hard about that? That's why ebay has a watch list. So you can watch items and decide if you want to bid or not.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Why do you even feel the need to retract? Why not figure out if you want the card or not and then bid? What is so hard about that? That's why ebay has a watch list. So you can watch items and decide if you want to bid or not.
+1,000,000

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:

"In the range it should have" and what was bid can be 2 entirely different things.
SK40 is online now   Reply With Quote