Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Jon21 Scam Artist Thief & Liar

I had made a trade with this guy back on October 28th. Seemed like a very nice & trustworthy member. Had flawless feedback here and on ebay. Only thing I was concerned with was shipping international, one thing I usually don't do. So I guess I brought this on myself.

Jon had asked if I could ship asap as he needed Brett Lawrie Base Rookies for a show, so I shipped 10/31 - day after Sandy hit here. He had said he did the same. 2 weeks later I PM him asking if he had rec'd he confirmed and left feedback. I then asked him where my cards were. No PM, sent him another the next day. No response, yet he was active on the forum. Another pm the next day, no response. Sent another PM the day after that with a read receipt, and got the reply of:
"Sorry, I had insufficient postage on it I'll ship them back out tomorrow."

I was receiving 10+ cards so I gave benefit of the doubt. Well 2 more weeks go by no cards. I sent a PM with no reply. Sent him another yesterday no reply. I sent another today, no reply.

I can deal with being out $10 worth of cards, but the fact is, that this guy can't be trusted, and I would be aware of him. Seems like he PMs for deals and rarely posts.

It's sad that he has to rip someone off for $10, I guess he needed the money more than anything. Either way, I'll never ship to Canada again. One person ruined it for everyone.

However I wanted to inform the community of this guys dishonesty.
Member name Jon_21

Last edited by Jrb1; 12-02-2012 at 07:05 PM. Reason: want to add underscore to give correct user name
Jrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm sorry that really sucks!!!

Eagerly awaiting response from Jon_21
death2redemptions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Pm a mod with the info.

Thanks for the heads up.
bigzig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

canada shipping is iffy unless certified. they can ship to us no problems but its hard to get anything to canada without a hassel
Old 12-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hassle is the confirmation.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Im sorry to hear about your sitaution. Its a shame that this incident has led you not to ship to Canada. I dont know the member as I have never dealt with him.

As for shipping US to Canada and Canada to the US. At times there are delays. But in all my trading career, Ive never had a package lost. Ive had them arrive late or ruined with a USPS or Canada post apology letter. Ive had them denied by US Customs due to wrong description (You must state plastic and declare it if the card is in a top loader).

ITs tough. If you send registered it takes like 3 or 4 weeks to arrive. I had this happpen with one of Houdinis group breaks. He sent my first shipment out via registered (was new to him at the time) and I entered a 2nd grp break and he sent that regular. The 2nd grb break got to me before the first one did lol.

Hopefully over time the relationship is built up once again to the point where you trust some of us Canadian!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

eBay user "JNVCDD"

heres another post about him. same bs there too. and poor feedback about shipping

Last edited by underwood4; 12-03-2012 at 10:20 AM.
underwood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

wierd. I have shipped gi joe figures to Canada quite often for about ten years and never once have had a problem. Perhaps cards are taken differently.
stellablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellablue View Post
wierd. I have shipped gi joe figures to Canada quite often for about ten years and never once have had a problem. Perhaps cards are taken differently.
Canadian customs are cool. Its US customs agents that are nut jobs. If you dont declare exactly whats in the package, your stuff gets rejected.

I recently sent a bubble mailer to CA. It had an auto/toploader/team bag. On the Customs declaration form, I put Card $50. I did this because it would only cost me $3.90 to ship (Falling under document paper mail). If I had put "card in plastic case" on the customs form, they shipping would automatically change to non document small parcel which is $7.xx to ship. It got sent back because there was a toploader in there and US customs rejected it from entering the use due to inproper description. I needed to state there was plastic in the package as well. The bums even opened it and saw it.

Canadian customs agents just want us to pay. They dont care what you send up our way. THey just want their taxes paid on everything that doesnt say Made in Canada! or wasnt bought in Canada.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

well the problem with the whole canada thing is i got scammed not once but TWICE by candians(im not blaming everyone just 2 people for it) so per ebay rules(cause no matter what i still have to refund) i dont ship unless certified. its unfortunate as i uses to shipp weekly to canada
Old 12-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
well the problem with the whole canada thing is i got scammed not once but TWICE by candians(im not blaming everyone just 2 people for it) so per ebay rules(cause no matter what i still have to refund) i dont ship unless certified. its unfortunate as i uses to shipp weekly to canada
It's annoying that a couple of bad apples ruin it for the rest of us, but I can't fault you for deciding not to ship up here. I've never had a problem with packages to/from the U.S., but I know it happens.
Craig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

Yes heard bad things about him before.
Ooosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Oh well, I guess this is a lesson.
Jrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote