Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #4151 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt326 View Post
Another hindsight thing..

Purple Saturday Super Sale!!

Haiku posts a "mini baller lot" and posts that it is posted. I am the first to claim it... See what happens? Made me sad, but maybe it just wasn't "meant to be"???
Very weird how two people said theyll take it before Grant did but he still gave it to him
Old 12-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #4152 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
OMG! That thread shows his status as Banned. That sneaky bastard knew all along and nobody here saw it coming.
All Haiku's old threads show his status as banned. If for some godforsaken
reason his status changes in the future, it would also change in the old
threads.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #4153 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkyszka View Post
Very weird how two people said theyll take it before Grant did but he still gave it to him
How is that weird? One of the first (and perhaps only) things that has actually been established was that Haiku duped a few easy marks into vouching for him which, in turn, allowed him to pull off the scam. GatorBoyinTN, pierrethomasfan, tnarg, etc. are included in that special group so of course Haiku passed over a couple of people in favor of one of his new BFFs.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #4154 (permalink)

Well so much for his great scam, I got refunds on both my disputes today, screw you Haiku.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #4155 (permalink)

What's with all the 2s at the end of usernames?
Old 12-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #4156 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbuck View Post
All Haiku's old threads show his status as banned. If for some godforsaken
reason his status changes in the future, it would also change in the old
threads.
Wow. I had no clue. You're quite the gumshoe. You'll fit in perfectly with the rest of the Scooby-Doo Gang in this thread.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #4157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincesanity View Post
Well so much for his great scam, I got refunds on both my disputes today, screw you Haiku.
You getting a refund from PayPal and Haiku pulling off a successful scam are in no way mutually exclusive.

Last edited by Andrew Jones; 12-21-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #4158 (permalink)

Quote:
Wow. I had no clue. You're quite the gumshoe. You'll fit in perfectly with the rest of the Scooby-Doo Gang in this thread.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #4159 (permalink)

Anyone posting in this thread has no right to question the intelligence of anyone else in the thread. We are all morons for participating in this and I include myself in that group.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #4160 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Anyone posting in this thread has no right to question the intelligence of anyone else in the thread. We are all morons for participating in this and I include myself in that group.
Agreed 100%. At this point, I am downright ashamed that I wasted so much time here. Whatever actually happened, PayPal and the "real police" will figure it out.

Having said that, I still can't help but try to piece together clues in my mind.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #4161 (permalink)

Quote:
You getting a refund from PayPal and Haiku pulling off a successful scam are in no way mutually exclusive.
Well I would tend to disagree.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #4162 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco69 View Post
Sucks to hear this happen. Unfortunately if it is too good to be true it probably is. The guy just screamed scammer, overly nice, and sketchy posts.

I'm going through the same thing right now. A seller got me for $7000 last month. I'm in the process of getting it taken care of. Will take a while, but in the end I'll be getting more than the original amount, and the seller will be getting jail time. This is considered wire fraud (18 USC Section 1343), a very serious crime. If anyone who was taken for any money, and needs any pointers as to the process let me know. One place to start is to fill out a complaint at the site below.

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home
Cmon man.... This is horrible advice. We should hire an attorney and incur travel expense in hopes to get restitution and a hardship award from a judge? Once we are done in civil court and the guy is in jail as you claim how are we going to get said civil award? Now we have a large attorney bill and no money. The posts in this thread continue to go downhill...
Old 12-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #4163 (permalink)

Quote:
Posting in this thread is completely different than being suckered by Haiku or claiming you have solved, or are solving, the mystery. In fact, if you know how a mirror works and/or can spell exquisite, you have every right to question the intelligence of some others in this thread.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #4164 (permalink)

here's my prediction, everyone gets their refunds...

sometime in January an "ominous" member joins the site, username : IambicPentameter

first and only post

Old 12-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #4165 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Agreed 100%. At this point, I am downright ashamed that I wasted so much time here. Whatever actually happened, PayPal and the "real police" will figure it out.

Having said that, I still can't help but try to piece together clues in my mind.
Oh by all means, I agree. I can't stay away. And I'm ashamed of that fact

And maybe the Blowout Detective Agency uncovers the clue that cracks the case, but all signs point to no. And if we do, the path to that clue is still littered with the discarded half-cocked theories and carpet forensics, as well as the reputations of people accused without much evidence of anything.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #4166 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincesanity View Post
Well I would tend to disagree.
You sent money to Haiku via PayPal. He takes the money out of his PayPal account and keeps it without sending you anything. You file a PayPal claim. PayPal refunds you because you received nothing. Thus, you received a refund and Hakiu received money and never sent you anything which means: (1) you received a refund; and (2) Haiku's scam was a success. Which part(s) don't you agree with me about?
Old 12-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #4167 (permalink)

Quote:
Posting in this thread is completely different than being suckered by Haiku or claiming you have solved, or are solving, the mystery. In fact, if you know how a mirror works and/or can spell exquisite, you have every right to question the intelligence of some others in this thread.
I understand what you are saying. Some of the dumbest things ever said on this forum have been said in this thread.

My point is just that we all deserve some culpability in keeping this bloated monstrosity moving on towards further stupidity and opportunities for members to embarrass themselves.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #4168 (permalink)

Quote:
I understand what you are saying. Some of the dumbest things ever said on this forum have been said in this thread.

My point is just that we all deserve some culpability in keeping this bloated monstrosity moving on towards further stupidity and opportunities for members to embarrass themselves.
Guilty as charged.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #4169 (permalink)

So crazy all of this.

GET CASH FOR MORE CARDS! HUNDREDS OF SATISFIED SELLERS - ALWAYS IMMEDIATE PAYMENT!

Last edited by Rick; 12-21-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #4170 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh by all means, I agree. I can't stay away. And I'm ashamed of that fact

And maybe the Blowout Detective Agency uncovers the clue that cracks the case, but all signs point to no. And if we do, the path to that clue is still littered with the discarded half-cocked theories and carpet forensics, as well as the reputations of people accused without much evidence of anything.
Want to know what really gets me?

I can accept the theory that Haiku worked alone, essentially, in scamming people out of money. I can accept that several people were buttered up and duped into becoming his BOBFs, and that they were then tremendously let down and betrayed. But what I absolutely cannot accept is that the people that were "close" to Haiku on this forum are not revealing everything they know about Haiku and their relationships with him, along with everything that Haiku said and did along the path of duping them ... from the quick-sales, to the phone calls and text messages, and anything else in between.

Example: There is some evidence that Haiku ran quick-sales and contests, having alerted certain members beforehand that said sales and contests would be run, allowing them to gain an advantage. Was it all part of a setup to deal with only a certain small group of duped members? Sure, why not. But if we go by this theory and assume that everyone except Haiku is innocent, then these people should be more than willing to share everything that ever went on behind the scenes ... and I believe that there is a ton more to be shared.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #4171 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

I can accept the theory that Haiku worked alone, essentially, in scamming people out of money. I can accept that several people were buttered up and duped into becoming his BOBFs, and that they were then tremendously let down and betrayed. But what I absolutely cannot accept is that the people that were "close" to Haiku on this forum are not revealing everything they know about Haiku and their relationships with him, along with everything that Haiku said and did along the path of duping them ... from the quick-sales, to the phone calls and text messages, and anything else in between.

Example: There is some evidence that Haiku ran quick-sales and contests, having alerted certain members beforehand that said sales and contests would be run, allowing them to gain an advantage. Was it all part of a setup to deal with only a certain small group of duped members? Sure, why not. But if we go by this theory and assume that everyone except Haiku is innocent, then these people should be more than willing to share everything that ever went on behind the scenes ... and I believe that there is a ton more to be shared.
Yea I find it weird that when some questions were asked, they said to call them and didn't want to post it. I said it before an will say it again. All 4 of them were in on it! Why is it that no one noticed with those pics I posted last night?
Old 12-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #4172 (permalink)

Quote:
You sent money to Haiku via PayPal. He takes the money out of his PayPal account and keeps it without sending you anything. You file a PayPal claim. PayPal refunds you because you received nothing. Thus, you received a refund and Hakiu received money and never sent you anything which means: (1) you received a refund; and (2) Haiku's scam was a success. Which part(s) don't you agree with me about?
1) you don't know that he got away with any money. 2) if he did get away with money he has some serious heat on him and probably screwed himself for the rest of his life.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #4173 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbuck View Post
btw, what kind of person signs up as a member of blowout in 2009 but
doesn't post until the end of 2012?
You are speaking of blackmamba?
Old 12-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #4174 (permalink)

And to answer your question either someone who made an account and forgot about it then remembered or someone made an account for later use.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #4175 (permalink)

Quote:

Most people will not admit to doing something wrong until they are forced to admit it.

I agree--there's a lot of the back-story missing and not everyone is being forthcoming. But people in general are not going to incriminate themselves, especially when admitting to some kind of shenanigans will be seized upon by the BODA (BO Detective Agency) as absolute proof they were in on the entire operation.

I will say this--there's a lot that has gone on here that are excellent real-world examples of why the foundation of our justice system is set up the way it is.