Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #4751 (permalink)

Talk is cheap. I honestly have no clue if you are involved with the Haiku scam, but your behavior continues to strike me as less than forthright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncomanning18 View Post
pretty much what dan shakespeare said, it is hard to catch the guy unless people know his real name and real location
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #4752 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
LMAO This thread is still going? hhahahahaa.
I will not let it die until bronco admits that he was part of it...

...which means this thread will never die.
Mt death2redemption...you started this by your lies!!! A real stand up member!!! You have said lie after lie after lie about me...its funny whenever I used to say anything you would not use my quote but add or subtract to it....I guess you have to keep your fake world going....oh just if your members knew... your worse then a liar....your a created of lies.... - Jason Mars
Old 03-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #4753 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
I will not let it die until bronco admits that he was part of it...

...which means this thread will never die.
You have a better chance of getting IMAC to admit to telling a lie...
Old 03-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #4754 (permalink)

Of course I am not going to admit to something that I did not do, you guys arent really any different then the people who get scammed, you think I am a scammer but are completely wrong, I thought Haiku was a nice guy, but I was completely wrong. You make assumptions based on no fact, and then get on to people for doing the same thing for example when they assume someone is really in a hospital and try to give back, you say they are dumb for thinking that they are really in the hospital without any facts or knowing them, but then you do the exact same thing saying I am a scammer with no proof whatsoever or knowing me. Kind of seems like a double standard to me

Last edited by broncomanning18; 03-03-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #4755 (permalink)

Quote:
Of course I am not going to admit to something that I did not do, you guys arent really any different then the people who get scammed, you think I am a scammer but are completely wrong, I thought Haiku was a nice guy, but I was completely wrong. You make assumptions based on no fact, and then get on to people for doing the same thing for example when they assume someone is really in a hospital and try to give back, you say they are dumb for thinking that they are really in the hospital without any facts or knowing them, but then you do the exact same thing saying I am a scammer with no proof whatsoever or knowing me. Kind of seems like a double standard to me
No police department in America does not do a follow up on a report.

I'm not sure but I would imagine that is illegal...
Old 03-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #4756 (permalink)

So exactly what are you trying to say, the police officer told me there wasnt much he could do, they came out to my house and filed a report but I dont think that they really did much other than that, or at least they didnt tell me if they did.

I filed an IC3 as well, but of course nothing came of that

Last edited by broncomanning18; 03-03-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #4757 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine View Post
HELLOhotbox......
Why hello there
Old 03-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #4758 (permalink)

Quote:
So exactly what are you trying to say, the police officer told me there wasnt much he could do, they came out to my house and filed a report but I dont think that they really did much other than that, or at least they didnt tell me if they did.
If that's the case (which I highly doubt) did it dawn on YOU to follow up on it?

This seriously does not pass the smell test for me...
Old 03-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #4759 (permalink)

yes I called the officer that filed the report several times a week after and he said there wasnt anything he could do, so I stopped trying, but please do some of your great investigative reporting and actually provide some proof that I didnt file a police report instead of just saying it doesnt pass the smell test for you.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #4760 (permalink)

I am glad you are such a police officer expert, feel free to call the police department and talk to officer Martin since you are so sure that I am making everything up. Do you ever have any idea of what you are talking about?
Old 03-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #4761 (permalink)

Quote:
yes I called the officer that filed the report several times a week after and he said there wasnt anything he could do, so I stopped trying, but please do some of your great investigative reporting and actually provide some proof that I didnt file a police report instead of just saying it doesnt pass the smell test for you.
Quote:
I am glad you are such a police officer expert, feel free to call the police department and talk to officer Martin since you are so sure that I am making everything up. Do you ever have any idea of what you are talking about?
Just calling them like I am seeing them.

Look...I'm sorry you got taken for $11,000+...that does suck. BUT not everything adds up for me. I'm not the only one who thinks your involvement in this whole thing is fishy...
Old 03-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #4762 (permalink)

Quote:
I did and they told me officer Martin was kicked off the unit three years ago for masturbating in public.
Mt death2redemption...you started this by your lies!!! A real stand up member!!! You have said lie after lie after lie about me...its funny whenever I used to say anything you would not use my quote but add or subtract to it....I guess you have to keep your fake world going....oh just if your members knew... your worse then a liar....your a created of lies.... - Jason Mars
Old 03-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #4763 (permalink)

what is wrong with you death2redemptions? Do you actually think you are funny? Please stop making things up or trying to be funny at my expense please

Last edited by broncomanning18; 03-03-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #4764 (permalink)

Quote:
what is wrong with you death2redemptions? Do you actually think you are funny?
Actually I don't, a mule kicked me in the head when I was a baby.

But at least I don't send someone I've never met $10,000+ in gift so I've got some common sense going for me.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #4765 (permalink)

Boston Nut can you please show me what seems fishy, I have explained everything time and time again. Yes, I trusted a guy and lost alot of money and cards, luckily paypal covered me, but most of those cards are out there in other peoples hands, most of them being people on this site, so unless you think that everyone who bought those cards is in on it then I dont see how you dont think that I lost all of those cards which was worth a pretty good amount of money.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #4766 (permalink)

I am not sure if I would say you have common sense, because you have been 100% wrong with everything you have said about me, just like I was 100% wrong about Haiku. You may not have loosely trusted someone with your money, but you would think you would show a little more respect than to falsely accuse someone with nothing to go on but your gut feeling. You loosely slander people without any justification, and I would much rather be the way I am then the way you are.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:55 PM   #4767 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
If that's the case (which I highly doubt) did it dawn on YOU to follow up on it?

This seriously does not pass the smell test for me...
I think it is the case. This industry is not regulated and there is no governing body for deliberating theft in a hobby. To add in cross state/country leads any local level authority to file it under "penskie" (Nothing we can do).

If you have hard identity of the suspect, you can legally claim them as a culprit. But in this case they have no one. This is not to say those chasing down or claiming victims are actual victims.

The only thing that can be done is "hard medicine". Eat your losses and learn from your mistakes to make it less likely to happen again.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #4768 (permalink)

Bump this up for 200,000 Views and 5000 Posts.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #4769 (permalink)

Helping the cause.....
Old 03-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #4770 (permalink)

Quote:
Boston Nut can you please show me what seems fishy, I have explained everything time and time again. Yes, I trusted a guy and lost alot of money and cards, luckily paypal covered me, but most of those cards are out there in other peoples hands, most of them being people on this site, so unless you think that everyone who bought those cards is in on it then I dont see how you dont think that I lost all of those cards which was worth a pretty good amount of money.

but if Paypal covered you why were you still trying to ask people for the cards back that you said were 'stolen' from you?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #4771 (permalink)

I'm not sure if this happens when items are normally older than 90 days, but I saved this link to my favorites bar and it says this now. Is this normal for Ebay to display this message in this case or not. LMK if anyone knows. Thanks. I'll describe the relevance afterward.
eBay.com Item Bid History
Old 03-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #4772 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
but if Paypal covered you why were you still trying to ask people for the cards back that you said were 'stolen' from you?
asked and answered already.

Paypal covered him for PAYMENTS sent to Haiku.
Not for ITEMS sent that he never got paid for.

Quote:
I didnt get money back, because he stole my cards, I didnt use paypal for those cards, I did get paypal back for the lots that I bought that he did not deliver, just like everyone else. Unfortunately I sent him alot of cards and now there is not much I can do other than hope some people can help me out by finding the cards.
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536

Last edited by MetDude; 03-04-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:25 AM   #4773 (permalink)

First I'll apologize for the length of this post at the beginning. I may jump around a bit, but there is a payoff at the end. I just found this massive thread today. I dont know how I missed it. It seems like it is a pretty big deal. I started reading it at the begining and if there was a link to another thread I would click it and read all the subplots. Keep all this in mind, because now we have to go back in time.

In 2009 I went on a vintage kick. I was buying a bunch of 80s boxes trying to pull the cards that I never pulled as a kid. I was looking for some gem rookies and rare error cards. I worked out a deal on ebay for 3 89 upper deck boxes. We emailed each other on ebay but worked the deal out off ebay to avoid fees for him and it got me a lower price. I paid for the boxes and he emailed me with tracking info, and said that if I wanted any more vintage boxes just to let him know and he would work out some really good prices. The 89 UD boxes showed up a few days later, and included with the boxes were 2 Griffey RCs. I emailed and thanked him. His reply was something along the lines of "Just wanted to make sure you got a couple." It was really cool of him.

After those boxes I started buying a couple boxes every couple weeks. His prices started going up little by little and the packs started to seem like the products were being cherry picked. Correlation was bad and I was only getting crap commons. I even got a few badly water damaged boxes. I asked him about this and he claimed to have no idea, but on the next boxes he would throw in a bunch of the key rookies with my next boxes. I was having fun ripping and thought it was just some bad luck. The seller was a real good guy and I had no real reason not to believe him. A week or two later he contacted me and said he had come across some boxes that he knew I was looking for.

We worked out a price, he was throwing in a bunch of rookies, and I placed a much bigger order than my usuals. The boxes never came. I had paid for the boxes and all the earlier boxes with money orders because he had claimed that he was in a dispute with paypal, again I had no reason not to believe him. I got hoodwinked, bamboozled, and straight up scammed. Good bye money. I sent tons of emails. I was told they were shipped without tracking info. I was told the post office is looking for them. Then I got no more responses. I sent a final email, and mentioned that the address I sent the money orders to was less than a days drive from my house. That email earned a reply.

Like Season 5 of Lost, here's where the past and the present come together.

As I said, I was reading this giant thread and clicking links. One of the links was this one:
broncomanning18 is a top notch member and a great person to do deals with!

I got a really weird feeling of Deja vu. The last email that I recieved 4 years ago contained a very short I'm sorry, and an excuse/story. The Story: I'm a teacher and a coach. I have been a teacher for x number of years. Recently because of something out of my control I lost my teaching job. This loss of income has been really hard on me. The only income I have coming in right now is from buying and reselling cards. The exact same story, almost verbatim. All of the details damn near identical. I forgot to mention that the guy who scammed me, His first name was Jay.

Now this could be a ridiculous (<- kids take note, this is the correct spelling no e) coincidence. If this is an against all odds coincidence, I will be the first to say I'm sorry. If these are completely unrelated I am really sorry I posted. I wrote off getting ripped off as a learning experience, and ceased all communication with "Jay". It changed the way I deal with people on these boards and on ebay. I really just wanted to read the drama and move on, but it was so word for word, I had to say something.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:51 AM   #4774 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerunoveryou View Post
First I'll apologize for the length of this post at the beginning. I may jump around a bit, but there is a payoff at the end. I just found this massive thread today. I dont know how I missed it. It seems like it is a pretty big deal. I started reading it at the begining and if there was a link to another thread I would click it and read all the subplots. Keep all this in mind, because now we have to go back in time.

In 2009 I went on a vintage kick. I was buying a bunch of 80s boxes trying to pull the cards that I never pulled as a kid. I was looking for some gem rookies and rare error cards. I worked out a deal on ebay for 3 89 upper deck boxes. We emailed each other on ebay but worked the deal out off ebay to avoid fees for him and it got me a lower price. I paid for the boxes and he emailed me with tracking info, and said that if I wanted any more vintage boxes just to let him know and he would work out some really good prices. The 89 UD boxes showed up a few days later, and included with the boxes were 2 Griffey RCs. I emailed and thanked him. His reply was something along the lines of "Just wanted to make sure you got a couple." It was really cool of him.

After those boxes I started buying a couple boxes every couple weeks. His prices started going up little by little and the packs started to seem like the products were being cherry picked. Correlation was bad and I was only getting crap commons. I even got a few badly water damaged boxes. I asked him about this and he claimed to have no idea, but on the next boxes he would throw in a bunch of the key rookies with my next boxes. I was having fun ripping and thought it was just some bad luck. The seller was a real good guy and I had no real reason not to believe him. A week or two later he contacted me and said he had come across some boxes that he knew I was looking for.

We worked out a price, he was throwing in a bunch of rookies, and I placed a much bigger order than my usuals. The boxes never came. I had paid for the boxes and all the earlier boxes with money orders because he had claimed that he was in a dispute with paypal, again I had no reason not to believe him. I got hoodwinked, bamboozled, and straight up scammed. Good bye money. I sent tons of emails. I was told they were shipped without tracking info. I was told the post office is looking for them. Then I got no more responses. I sent a final email, and mentioned that the address I sent the money orders to was less than a days drive from my house. That email earned a reply.

Like Season 5 of Lost, here's where the past and the present come together.

As I said, I was reading this giant thread and clicking links. One of the links was this one:
broncomanning18 is a top notch member and a great person to do deals with!

I got a really weird feeling of Deja vu. The last email that I recieved 4 years ago contained a very short I'm sorry, and an excuse/story. The Story: I'm a teacher and a coach. I have been a teacher for x number of years. Recently because of something out of my control I lost my teaching job. This loss of income has been really hard on me. The only income I have coming in right now is from buying and reselling cards. The exact same story, almost verbatim. All of the details damn near identical. I forgot to mention that the guy who scammed me, His first name was Jay.

Now this could be a ridiculous (<- kids take note, this is the correct spelling no e) coincidence. If this is an against all odds coincidence, I will be the first to say I'm sorry. If these are completely unrelated I am really sorry I posted. I wrote off getting ripped off as a learning experience, and ceased all communication with "Jay". It changed the way I deal with people on these boards and on ebay. I really just wanted to read the drama and move on, but it was so word for word, I had to say something.

Good god... This is getting good.

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:52 AM   #4775 (permalink)

Thanks Metdude, you can see how this gets pretty old, people have no idea what they are talking about, and then just more and more piggy back off of them and it turns into a lynch mob mentality at my expense.
Closed Thread