Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 01:00 AM   #4776 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerunoveryou View Post
First I'll apologize for the length of this post at the beginning. I may jump around a bit, but there is a payoff at the end. I just found this massive thread today. I dont know how I missed it. It seems like it is a pretty big deal. I started reading it at the begining and if there was a link to another thread I would click it and read all the subplots. Keep all this in mind, because now we have to go back in time.

In 2009 I went on a vintage kick. I was buying a bunch of 80s boxes trying to pull the cards that I never pulled as a kid. I was looking for some gem rookies and rare error cards. I worked out a deal on ebay for 3 89 upper deck boxes. We emailed each other on ebay but worked the deal out off ebay to avoid fees for him and it got me a lower price. I paid for the boxes and he emailed me with tracking info, and said that if I wanted any more vintage boxes just to let him know and he would work out some really good prices. The 89 UD boxes showed up a few days later, and included with the boxes were 2 Griffey RCs. I emailed and thanked him. His reply was something along the lines of "Just wanted to make sure you got a couple." It was really cool of him.

After those boxes I started buying a couple boxes every couple weeks. His prices started going up little by little and the packs started to seem like the products were being cherry picked. Correlation was bad and I was only getting crap commons. I even got a few badly water damaged boxes. I asked him about this and he claimed to have no idea, but on the next boxes he would throw in a bunch of the key rookies with my next boxes. I was having fun ripping and thought it was just some bad luck. The seller was a real good guy and I had no real reason not to believe him. A week or two later he contacted me and said he had come across some boxes that he knew I was looking for.

We worked out a price, he was throwing in a bunch of rookies, and I placed a much bigger order than my usuals. The boxes never came. I had paid for the boxes and all the earlier boxes with money orders because he had claimed that he was in a dispute with paypal, again I had no reason not to believe him. I got hoodwinked, bamboozled, and straight up scammed. Good bye money. I sent tons of emails. I was told they were shipped without tracking info. I was told the post office is looking for them. Then I got no more responses. I sent a final email, and mentioned that the address I sent the money orders to was less than a days drive from my house. That email earned a reply.

Like Season 5 of Lost, here's where the past and the present come together.

As I said, I was reading this giant thread and clicking links. One of the links was this one:
broncomanning18 is a top notch member and a great person to do deals with!

I got a really weird feeling of Deja vu. The last email that I recieved 4 years ago contained a very short I'm sorry, and an excuse/story. The Story: I'm a teacher and a coach. I have been a teacher for x number of years. Recently because of something out of my control I lost my teaching job. This loss of income has been really hard on me. The only income I have coming in right now is from buying and reselling cards. The exact same story, almost verbatim. All of the details damn near identical. I forgot to mention that the guy who scammed me, His first name was Jay.

Now this could be a ridiculous (<- kids take note, this is the correct spelling no e) coincidence. If this is an against all odds coincidence, I will be the first to say I'm sorry. If these are completely unrelated I am really sorry I posted. I wrote off getting ripped off as a learning experience, and ceased all communication with "Jay". It changed the way I deal with people on these boards and on ebay. I really just wanted to read the drama and move on, but it was so word for word, I had to say something.
So it looks like bronco has been doing this for a long time

Old 03-05-2013, 01:15 AM   #4777 (permalink)

you aren't smart are you, if you want to blame me please do the research, but you will just find out that everything I say is true, but of course you will never do that, you would just rather throw the blame around like a moron
Old 03-05-2013, 01:17 AM   #4778 (permalink)

This thread gets better with age.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:17 AM   #4779 (permalink)

It truly is amazing what you guys will make up, it really is. Death2redemptions please enlighten me. Could you please tell me my own life story since you apparently know it better. Make a really nice thread and say everything about me that you think is true and then we can have it proven that you are wrong on every level. It will be alot of fun, I promise.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #4780 (permalink)

BaronMynd
Baron Morgan - Jay Morgan Alexandria, VA 22312 Ashburn, VA 20147 IP tripped with blackmamba_24 (kobelover_24) as well as Haiku. High dollar rip offs.
FAKE YOUR MOUTH!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #4781 (permalink)

Haiku
Jay Kim Dayton, OH 45431 Commited a HIGE scam over at blowout forums Haiku Suspended- Rumors of massive scam emerge.. IP tripped with baronmynd. More than like related to other accounts on this bad trder l
FAKE YOUR MOUTH!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #4782 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjs852 View Post
BaronMynd
Baron Morgan - Jay Morgan Alexandria, VA 22312 Ashburn, VA 20147 IP tripped with blackmamba_24 (kobelover_24) as well as Haiku. High dollar rip offs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjs852 View Post
Haiku
Jay Kim Dayton, OH 45431 Commited a HIGE scam over at blowout forums Haiku Suspended- Rumors of massive scam emerge.. IP tripped with baronmynd. More than like related to other accounts on this bad trder l
The BODA is back in business baby!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #4783 (permalink)

Unfortunately we will probably NEVER know the REAL person behind this scam.

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #4784 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
I did and they told me officer Martin was kicked off the unit three years ago for masturbating in public.
HAHA awesome
Old 03-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #4785 (permalink)

bring back the big guns for 2013!

Thread itself gets 10/10 Gold Doubronts

People still thinking they can solve it 1/10

Boda being created 4/10
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Old 03-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #4786 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncomanning18 View Post
Thanks Metdude, you can see how this gets pretty old, people have no idea what they are talking about, and then just more and more piggy back off of them and it turns into a lynch mob mentality at my expense.
Yeah Bronco, let's stay with that. Your only defense is along the lines of "you guys are morons", "lynch mob". Why is it with all of the members on here that you are the only one that these stories, coincidences and connections keep coming back to? While the vintage box thing isn't a smoking gun it was well reasoned, articulate and one hell of a big coincidence pointing back at you as so many other trails have.

You can be OJ with the blood in your car, bedroom and on your clothes all you want. Just because something is not able to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt does not mean that people can't figure out the real truth. And just because you have had phone conversations with a couple of members and convinced them how nice you are doesn't prove anything to me. All good scammers are very convincing. Actually, now that I typed that last sentence I think you may be innocent. Your posts on here have been anything but convincing. Crap, need to find someone else to send the mob after.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
Old 03-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #4787 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
bring back the big guns for 2013!

Thread itself gets 10/10 Gold Doubronts

People still thinking they can solve it 1/10

Boda being created 4/10
I think you are underrating the creation of BODA.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #4788 (permalink)

Time to light the torches again?

LMK.. I lost my BD badge in the couch somewhere though hold on....
Old 03-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #4789 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post

I hear PTF has some free time on his hands now that he has been fired from his family business.

As long as we provide him with a dictionary this time around perhaps he can solve it...
Old 03-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #4790 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
I hear PTF has some free time on his hands now that he has been fired from his family business.

As long as we provide him with a dictionary this time around perhaps he can solve it...

Man, I love this thread. Who knew that there was so much funny on these boards?

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
Old 03-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #4791 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post

Good point, it is a privilege to watch him work his magic. We are all blessed.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #4792 (permalink)

Lets be honest. Gatorboyintn was so far up haiku ass and claims he still talks to him daily yet he does want to help anybody out. Think gator knows the truth about this scam?

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #4793 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
Lets be honest. Gatorboyintn was so far up haiku ass and claims he still talks to him daily yet he does want to help anybody out. Think gator knows the truth about this scam?
A birdy told me that he does.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #4794 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
I HIGHLY doubt Gator had the mental capacity or the emotional stability to help pull this off......dude was a straight up pawn

SPARTY ON!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #4795 (permalink)

The hypocrisy of some of you just absolutely blows my mind.

1st off I'm done defending anything or anyone in this situation anymore. I will fully admit I don't know the truth anymore than anyone else here. And i don't even care anymore. Maybe bronco is guilty, maybe he isn't. He is the only one that knows with 100% certainty.

The part I find hilarious yet sad at the same time is everyone is on his nuts about about providing "proof". Then everytime he has a response there is always someone who thinks it's doctored or fake. Then some guy who had a total of 30 posts last year comes on here with a story about how he got ripped off by a school teacher named Jay ( a story that would be very easy to make up by reading this thread) and you guys take it like it's the gospel.

Could be true, could be false. Yet no one asked for any proof from him? It's just assumed he is telling the truth? Why is that?

Again. I'm not defending anyone here. I have no idea what really happened. I just find it a little funny how some people pick and choose what they want to believe.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #4796 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
1st off I'm done defending anything or anyone in this situation anymore.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
Old 03-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #4797 (permalink)

Quote:
The hypocrisy of some of you just absolutely blows my mind.

1st off I'm done defending anything or anyone in this situation anymore. I will fully admit I don't know the truth anymore than anyone else here. And i don't even care anymore. Maybe bronco is guilty, maybe he isn't. He is the only one that knows with 100% certainty.

The part I find hilarious yet sad at the same time is everyone is on his nuts about about providing "proof". Then everytime he has a response there is always someone who thinks it's doctored or fake. Then some guy who had a total of 30 posts last year comes on here with a story about how he got ripped off by a school teacher named Jay ( a story that would be very easy to make up by reading this thread) and you guys take it like it's the gospel.

Could be true, could be false. Yet no one asked for any proof from him? It's just assumed he is telling the truth? Why is that?

Again. I'm not defending anyone here. I have no idea what really happened. I just find it a little funny how some people pick and choose what they want to believe.
What motive or incentive would he have to fabricate the story? What does "30 posts" have to do with being ripped off or not? What "proof" has Bronco shown that was considered doctored other than the police report? There is absolutely no paper trail to show thousands of dollars in cards and money going from him to 'Haiku'. No texts, pm's, cell phone logs, nada, zilch. How is that possible? If I were in his shoes I would have provided all of that and more a long long time ago.

Is he guilty? As you said he and maybe a couple of others only know for 100% certainty. It is a mindset like yours though that allows scammers to work. Sometimes you have to follow your gut and the OVERWHELMING preponderance of evidence. OJ was found not guilty too but do you honestly think he didn't kill two people? Society today amazes me.

I am all for innocent until proven guilty. I am not saying that Bronco should be convicted based on what has been said and/or uncovered here but I have enough to call him out and refuse to deal with him. It isn't "pick and choosing" either. I look at each and every thing and evaluate it on its own. I actually hope that he isn't or wasn't involved and take that approach at every turn but there is no way you could read everything and think he wasn't. Not possible.

The fact that you would side with someone that has so much overwhelming stink around this and discredit someone with yet another link is strange to me.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #4798 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
Coming from one of the guiltiest parties of getting a pitchfork out before hearing the the story.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #4799 (permalink)

Quote:
Coming from one of the guiltiest parties of getting a pitchfork out before hearing the the story.
Show me where I've ever done that. Please, show me. Now is the time to put your money with your mouth is.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
Old 03-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #4800 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
What motive or incentive would he have to fabricate the story? What does "30 posts" have to do with being ripped off or not? What "proof" has Bronco shown that was considered doctored other than the police report? There is absolutely no paper trail to show thousands of dollars in cards and money going from him to 'Haiku'. No texts, pm's, cell phone logs, nada, zilch. How is that possible? If I were in his shoes I would have provided all of that and more a long long time ago.

Is he guilty? As you said he and maybe a couple of others only know for 100% certainty. It is a mindset like yours though that allows scammers to work. Sometimes you have to follow your gut and the OVERWHELMING preponderance of evidence. OJ was found not guilty too but do you honestly think he didn't kill two people? Society today amazes me.

I am all for innocent until proven guilty. I am not saying that Bronco should be convicted based on what has been said and/or uncovered here but I have enough to call him out and refuse to deal with him. It isn't "pick and choosing" either. I look at each and every thing and evaluate it on its own. I actually hope that he isn't or wasn't involved and take that approach at every turn but there is no way you could read everything and think he wasn't. Not possible.

The fact that you would side with someone that has so much overwhelming stink around this and discredit someone with yet another link is strange to me.

What motive does someone have to screw with someone elses high end auction? What motive does someone have to do any of the shady things that have happened? People do that sh$t all the time just to feel better about themselves.

I'm not saying that is what happened here. I just don't understand why this story was so believable, but even if there was a paper trail and bronco provided it there would still be many that would say it's fake or would then ask for something else.

So instead of "siding" with someone (which I didn't do) I should just go with the mob who wouldn't believe anything if it was shoved in front of their face?

No one mentions the others anymore because they disappeared. Bronco gets it all now because he is still defending himself. If it's proven then sure he deserves every bit he's got. If it comes out he was innocent I sure hope everyone offers a sincere apology.
Closed Thread