Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #2126 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 232
Default

So this is an outsider's perspective on this whole thing (and from a lawyer who has seen scams in the past). I have never had any contact with Haiku or the others involved and have really only learned about this situation from this thread.

Haiku is not brilliant. It's makes us feel better to think we got taken by a great con artist, but he'll very likely be caught. The few members who are facing suspicion of being connected to Haiku continue to respond to comments here. Given the tone of their responses, it sounds to me that they also got taken by him - as a result of their greed - but also know they are responsible for leading everyone on about Haiku's character. I don't think they thought they were part of an epic scam. Rather, they probably knew they weren't doing the right thing with respect to various comments and fake transactions with Haiku but were trying desperately to get into his good graces. They're in a tough position because they are both victims and victimizers. I think of Ponzi schemes, where people get their friends wrapped up in the scam with false promises of riches but also actually believing their friends will benefit in the long term. At the end of the day, everyone gets screwed except the guy on the very top. It's easiest to direct our anger at the ones who are still here, but the fact that they continue responding tells me that they are also victims (albeit ones trying to justify their naive and inappropriate behavior).

The right thing to do, which I doubt will happen, is to allow those who lost out on trades with Haiku to purchase back the (stolen) cards at the discount prices paid by the new owners. PayPal WILL take care of those who paid (by regular payment) without receiving cards. In scams of this size, PayPal won't take an individualized approach to each transaction - they'll look at the big picture and likely refund everyone who claims they didn't receive an item (even if Haiku provides tracking numbers for some). The biggest lesson that should be learned once this is done is that purchasing cards is very safe if done properly. Trading cards is dangerous, plain and simple.
Hugemojo is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #2127 (permalink)
Member
 
Sikkcaden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Erie,Pa
Posts: 6,286
Default

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but Haiku offered to match any donations TheChoice22 receives. The fact he won't be doing that is sickening.
__________________
ORLANDO JOHNSON/PAUL GEORGE/Albert Belle and many more! Pacers/Dolphins!
My bucket! http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/sikkcaden/library/
Twitter: @SikkCaden
Sikkcaden is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #2128 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bethlehem PA
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugemojo View Post
So this is an outsider's perspective on this whole thing (and from a lawyer who has seen scams in the past). I have never had any contact with Haiku or the others involved and have really only learned about this situation from this thread.

Haiku is not brilliant. It's makes us feel better to think we got taken by a great con artist, but he'll very likely be caught. The few members who are facing suspicion of being connected to Haiku continue to respond to comments here. Given the tone of their responses, it sounds to me that they also got taken by him - as a result of their greed - but also know they are responsible for leading everyone on about Haiku's character. I don't think they thought they were part of an epic scam. Rather, they probably knew they weren't doing the right thing with respect to various comments and fake transactions with Haiku but were trying desperately to get into his good graces. They're in a tough position because they are both victims and victimizers. I think of Ponzi schemes, where people get their friends wrapped up in the scam with false promises of riches but also actually believing their friends will benefit in the long term. At the end of the day, everyone gets screwed except the guy on the very top. It's easiest to direct our anger at the ones who are still here, but the fact that they continue responding tells me that they are also victims (albeit ones trying to justify their naive and inappropriate behavior).

The right thing to do, which I doubt will happen, is to allow those who lost out on trades with Haiku to purchase back the (stolen) cards at the discount prices paid by the new owners. PayPal WILL take care of those who paid (by regular payment) without receiving cards. In scams of this size, PayPal won't take an individualized approach to each transaction - they'll look at the big picture and likely refund everyone who claims they didn't receive an item (even if Haiku provides tracking numbers for some). The biggest lesson that should be learned once this is done is that purchasing cards is very safe if done properly. Trading cards is dangerous, plain and simple.
Fraser should get the stolen cards back if the case, Allstar may very well be a scam so take that for what it's worth
pierrethomasfan is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #2129 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,120
Send a message via Yahoo to slappybag
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
If the Mods had any BRAINS they would shut down all the Haiku posts. Let the people who were stupid enough to send him money without knowing wtf they were getting, Pay Pal and the authorities handle it. To many Magnum P.I.'s here who don't know crap and spreading rumors and accusing other members. Like I said before the Mods are incompetent, they are fast to ban or suspend a member for cursing ect.., but they let this mystery lots BS go on for so long in plain sight.
Makes sense to me...blowout forums needs to shut down and reboot at a TBD date...gotten wayyy out of hand around here.
slappybag is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #2130 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 10,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
If the Mods had any BRAINS they would shut down all the Haiku posts. Let the people who were stupid enough to send him money without knowing wtf they were getting, Pay Pal and the authorities handle it. To many Magnum P.I.'s here who don't know crap and spreading rumors and accusing other members. Like I said before the Mods are incompetent, they are fast to ban or suspend a member for cursing ect.., but they let this mystery lots BS go on for so long in plain sight.
I know I'm going to catch a little flak for this, but whatever ...

It is my understanding that the mods on this site are completely unpaid. And what is the annual revenue of Blowout Cards?

Blowout maintains these message boards for one reason and one reason only -- attention and revenue to the company. You would think that the moderators over these boards, being that they are providing a value-added service to a portion of the company that tangibly increases revenue, would be compensated in some manner.

If I am wrong, and the mods here are paid ... then fire away. But it is my understanding that they are unpaid ... and if I were in their situation, I would have handed in my resignation 48 hours ago.
__________________
================================================================
~~~~~~ Looking for ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/50 or less) ~~~~~~
================================================================
calculusdork is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #2131 (permalink)
Member
 
DanShakespeare's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 6,219
Default

So the car forum with the guys name and the guy on eBay that sells HIGHEND fashion shyt with the same name, who are they to this?
__________________
#TeamConnor!

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #2132 (permalink)
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 10,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugemojo View Post
The few members who are facing suspicion of being connected to Haiku continue to respond to comments here. Given the tone of their responses, it sounds to me that they also got taken by him - as a result of their greed - but also know they are responsible for leading everyone on about Haiku's character. I don't think they thought they were part of an epic scam. Rather, they probably knew they weren't doing the right thing with respect to various comments and fake transactions with Haiku but were trying desperately to get into his good graces. They're in a tough position because they are both victims and victimizers. I think of Ponzi schemes, where people get their friends wrapped up in the scam with false promises of riches but also actually believing their friends will benefit in the long term. At the end of the day, everyone gets screwed except the guy on the very top. It's easiest to direct our anger at the ones who are still here, but the fact that they continue responding tells me that they are also victims (albeit ones trying to justify their naive and inappropriate behavior).
The part that I'm struggling with -- some of these people that were "taken" and continue to post here, asking for help getting their cards back, etc. -- someone here probably knows exactly who Haiku is and where he is right now. And they aren't talking.

Good perspective though, I believe you are probably right.
__________________
================================================================
~~~~~~ Looking for ALEX WOOD - 2013 Bowman Chrome/Draft Color (#/50 or less) ~~~~~~
================================================================
calculusdork is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #2133 (permalink)
Member
 
ManInTheMirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 36,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
So the car forum with the guys name and the guy on eBay that sells HIGHEND fashion shyt with the same name, who are they to this?
Nothing at all.
ManInTheMirror is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #2134 (permalink)
Member
 
nickha2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lambeau Field
Posts: 3,475
Default

To show the significance of sakem92 eBay post with all those cards I believe those were all the cards haiku sold in his last legit sale where people actually received them
nickha2 is online now  
Old 12-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #2135 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bethlehem PA
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
I know I'm going to catch a little flak for this, but whatever ...

It is my understanding that the mods on this site are completely unpaid. And what is the annual revenue of Blowout Cards?

Blowout maintains these message boards for one reason and one reason only -- attention and revenue to the company. You would think that the moderators over these boards, being that they are providing a value-added service to a portion of the company that tangibly increases revenue, would be compensated in some manner.

If I am wrong, and the mods here are paid ... then fire away. But it is my understanding that they are unpaid ... and if I were in their situation, I would have handed in my resignation 48 hours ago.
You'll on catch sh@t because I'm a customer of yours
pierrethomasfan is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #2136 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrethomasfan View Post
Fraser should get the stolen cards back if the case, Allstar may very well be a scam so take that for what it's worth
Both could be scammers. Both could be legit. Maybe one or the other. Who knows. Way to much false info and assumptions getting tossed around right now. We may never know the real truth.
bigzig is online now  
Old 12-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #2137 (permalink)
Member
 
nickha2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lambeau Field
Posts: 3,475
Default

The only useful info from last night is that pdawson has a old USPS signature from summer showing a residential address proving he lived there or one of his buddies did
nickha2 is online now  
Old 12-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #2138 (permalink)
Member
 
cjdelaney3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 6,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickha2 View Post
The only useful info from last night is that pdawson has a old USPS signature from summer showing a residential address proving he lived there or one of his buddies did
I would say the pictures of him were significant. Two people have now said "That's Jay Morgan aka Haiku" when shown the pics. Two people that have met the guy and/or knew him.
__________________
I pay immediately. If you can't ship immediately, please state that prior to giving me your PayPal info.
cjdelaney3 is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #2139 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bethlehem PA
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Both could be scammers. Both could be legit. Maybe one or the other. Who knows. Way to much false info and assumptions getting tossed around right now. We may never know the real truth.
I know Fraser is legit you always see him post. Allstar I didn't know existed til he said all the card were his. Hmmm
pierrethomasfan is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #2140 (permalink)
Member
 
monkeymcgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 7,280
Default

If you have real evidence, send it to a mod.

Let's stop with the speculation.
__________________
Collecting: money in the bank for some projects around the house | hope to be back picking up sketches in 2015
monkeymcgee is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #2141 (permalink)
Member
 
ManInTheMirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 36,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
If you have real evidence, send it to a mod. Let's stop with the speculation.
Exactly- we should just wait for the mods at this point. I promise it will be good.
ManInTheMirror is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #2142 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 5,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrethomasfan View Post
I know Fraser is legit you always see him post. Allstar I didn't know existed til he said all the card were his. Hmmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
If you have real evidence, send it to a mod.

Let's stop with the speculation.
I agree, this speculation has got to stop. PTF obviously has a hidden agenda here since he wants to keep the card and not have to pay him for it. Just stop....
__________________
http://s721.photobucket.com/albums/ww214/divino_085/Cards/

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #2143 (permalink)
Member
 
wfrazier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ky
Posts: 2,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
I agree, this speculation has got to stop. PTF obviously has a hidden agenda here since he wants to keep the card and not have to pay him for it. Just stop....
Please don't quote people saying Stop, if you're gonna say someone has a hidden agenda... Really? I would help Fraser also and not All-Star....
wfrazier is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #2144 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 5,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfrazier View Post
Please don't quote people saying Stop, if you're gonna say someone has a hidden agenda... Really? I would help Fraser also and not All-Star....
k buddy Keep these cliques and friendships alive....it got us so far already
__________________
http://s721.photobucket.com/albums/ww214/divino_085/Cards/

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #2145 (permalink)
Member
 
wfrazier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ky
Posts: 2,296
Default

That's not the pot calling the kettle black???? Stop accusations, but I'm accusing someone of havin a hidden agenda?
I have no clique/ u can check my address/ my bank account is registered/ i have the same ebay name/ this is my real name
Grow up
wfrazier is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #2146 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,389
Default

OMG my head hurts.
bigzig is online now  
Old 12-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #2147 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 5,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfrazier View Post
That's not the pot calling the kettle black???? Stop accusations, but I'm accusing someone of havin a hidden agenda?
I have no clique/ u can check my address/ my bank account is registered/ i have the same ebay name/ this is my real name
I think you completely misinterpreted....but whatever.
__________________
http://s721.photobucket.com/albums/ww214/divino_085/Cards/

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #2148 (permalink)
Member
 
wfrazier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ky
Posts: 2,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
I think you completely misinterpreted....but whatever.
How is you saying someone has a hidden agenda misinterpreted after saying speculation must stop?
wfrazier is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #2149 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Posts: 5,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfrazier View Post
How is you saying someone has a hidden agenda misinterpreted after saying speculation must stop?
I'm not speculating anything about the scam. It's obvious based on PTF's post that he really wants to believe allstar is a scammer so he can keep his card, so he continues to feed the speculation that he is. I don't care for PTF, and I see right through his childish immature antics.
__________________
http://s721.photobucket.com/albums/ww214/divino_085/Cards/

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #2150 (permalink)
Member
 
wfrazier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ky
Posts: 2,296
Default

I'll say it one last time... I believe all-star is involved too especially after the mystery guest bayzhead showed up in these threads... There's no way in hell I would give all-star money or cards. That's why a couple people on here have been so adamant about posting "funny" things about him, and not giving him what he claims to be his = we aren't believers man and don't want anyone else played.
wfrazier is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/member-sales-trade-feedback/415488-haiku-suspended-rumors-massive-scam-emerge.html
Posted By For Type Date
Net54baseball id "Sportscollector" - Page 10 - Net54baseball.com Forums This thread Refback 05-31-2013 09:10 AM
Net54baseball id "Sportscollector" - Page 10 - Net54baseball.com Forums This thread Refback 05-31-2013 08:46 AM
Net54baseball id "Sportscollector" - Page 10 - Net54baseball.com Forums This thread Refback 05-31-2013 07:02 AM
Net54baseball id "Sportscollector" - Page 10 - Net54baseball.com Forums This thread Refback 05-31-2013 12:03 AM
Net54baseball id "Sportscollector" - Page 10 - Net54baseball.com Forums This thread Refback 05-31-2013 12:02 AM
Collectors Universe Forums - OUCH! Big doings over on Blowout. 23K scammalammadingdong This thread Refback 04-27-2013 09:33 PM
Possibly one of the most elaborate card scams ever? - Page 19 This thread Refback 02-25-2013 11:21 AM
Possibly one of the most elaborate card scams ever? - Page 18 This thread Refback 01-09-2013 11:58 AM
Possibly one of the most elaborate card scams ever? - Page 17 This thread Refback 01-07-2013 11:23 AM
Possibly one of the most elaborate card scams ever? - Page 15 This thread Refback 01-07-2013 01:01 AM
Collectors Universe Forums - OUCH! Big doings over on Blowout. 23K scammalammadingdong This thread Refback 01-03-2013 08:02 PM
Possibly one of the most elaborate card scams ever? - Page 8 This thread Refback 12-27-2012 06:39 PM
Possibly one of the most elaborate card scams ever? - Page 3 This thread Refback 12-24-2012 08:05 PM
Possibly one of the most elaborate card scams ever? - Page 16 This thread Refback 12-24-2012 12:04 AM
Possibly one of the most elaborate card scams ever? - Page 14 This thread Refback 12-23-2012 03:06 PM
Card Forum Member Takes 23k and Runs! Scam! - Game Used Forums This thread Refback 12-22-2012 10:00 PM
Possibly one of the most elaborate card scams ever? - Page 13 This thread Refback 12-22-2012 07:46 PM
Card Forum Member Takes 23k and Runs! Scam! - Game Used Forums This thread Refback 12-22-2012 05:43 PM
Possibly one of the most elaborate card scams ever? - Page 5 This thread Refback 12-22-2012 05:15 AM
Card Forum Member Takes 23k and Runs! Scam! - Game Used Forums This thread Refback 12-21-2012 09:43 PM
Possibly one of the most elaborate card scams ever? - Page 2 This thread Refback 12-21-2012 06:23 PM
Possibly one of the most elaborate card scams ever? - Page 12 This thread Refback 12-21-2012 10:56 AM
Huge card scam This thread Refback 12-21-2012 01:44 AM
Possibly one of the most elaborate card scams ever? - Page 10 This thread Refback 12-21-2012 01:09 AM
Possibly one of the most elaborate card scams ever? This thread Refback 12-21-2012 12:06 AM
Huge card scam This thread Refback 12-20-2012 11:47 PM
Possibly one of the most elaborate card scams ever? - Page 11 This thread Refback 12-20-2012 06:53 PM
Major fraud Thread over on Blowout.com - The Collectors Group This thread Refback 12-20-2012 03:38 PM
Card Forum Member Takes 23k and Runs! Scam! - Game Used Forums This thread Refback 12-20-2012 02:14 PM
Card Forum Member Takes 23k and Runs! Scam! - Game Used Forums This thread Refback 12-20-2012 01:53 PM
Card Forum Member Takes 23k and Runs! Scam! - Game Used Forums This thread Refback 12-20-2012 01:40 PM
Major fraud Thread over on Blowout.com - The Collectors Group This thread Refback 12-19-2012 07:15 PM
Major fraud Thread over on Blowout.com - The Collectors Group This thread Refback 12-19-2012 10:40 AM
1939 Foto Fun Baseball Box Find, Two Cases of Hobby Shenanigans This thread Pingback 12-19-2012 01:24 AM
Major fraud Thread over on Blowout.com - The Collectors Group This thread Refback 12-18-2012 10:45 PM
Collectors Universe Forums - OUCH! Big doings over on Blowout. 23K scammalammadingdong This thread Refback 12-18-2012 01:56 AM
Collectors Universe Forums - OUCH! Big doings over on Blowout. 23K scammalammadingdong This thread Refback 12-17-2012 11:57 PM
Major fraud Thread over on Blowout.com - The Collectors Group This thread Refback 12-17-2012 11:10 PM
Major fraud Thread over on Blowout.com - The Collectors Group This thread Refback 12-17-2012 11:04 PM
Possibly one of the most elaborate card scams ever? This thread Pingback 12-17-2012 07:41 PM
============ The Morning Thread ============ - Page 7 This thread Pingback 12-17-2012 05:16 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.