Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Member Sales/Trade Feedback (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/member-sales-trade-feedback/)
-   -   Do not trust the following members on Blowout: (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/member-sales-trade-feedback/415803-do-not-trust-following-members-blowout.html)

wesnilevirus 12-17-2012 07:53 PM

Do not trust the following members on Blowout:

Here is the list:

EVERYONE

See my perfect itrader? DON'T TRUST ME
See the itrader with over 200 positive feedback? DON'T TRUST THEM

I think that a new member message needs to be sent to every person on blowout and every new member detailing how to buy, sell, and trade in an appropriate manner. There are so many of these "safe buying/selling" threads out there, but we consistently see the same scams pulled over and over again.

At the end of the day, it is NOT BLOWOUT'S RESPONSIBILITY TO LOOK OUT FOR YOU.

I'm sorry for those that were ripped off by Haiku, I sincerely am. Those that paid with goods and file a fraud claim should be OK. Those who paid gift are out of luck. Those who sent him cards in trade are out of luck. But I am willing to bet the under of 1.5 years that we will see a similar scam like this. We should have learned from Fanbro, hopefully we can learn from this.

Strasburg 12-17-2012 07:55 PM

Most of all, be smart. Never buy mystery lots of items over 1k no matter how reputable. And NEVER PAY GIFT, likewise.

Srt42004n 12-17-2012 07:56 PM

I wouldnt buy $1k in cards unless its a sealed case...

sdoug76 12-17-2012 07:57 PM

Who is "everyone" I don't see that when I search for user??

friarbolt 12-17-2012 07:58 PM

[QUOTE=sdoug76;3838236]Who is "everyone" I don't see that when I search for user??[/QUOTE]

Just press any key. Of course you might not be able to find "any" key on your keyboard.

groundsupport 12-17-2012 07:59 PM

Its a damn shame that BO doesnt offer hiend trader protection. This should have never happen.

friarbolt 12-17-2012 08:00 PM

[QUOTE=groundsupport;3838265]Its a damn shame that BO doesnt offer hiend trader protection. This should have never happen.[/QUOTE]

What does this even mean? Do you want them to fund that out of the forum monthly fees we pay them? Oh wait....this is all free and at your own risk.

Be smart about how you deal, plain and simple.

wesnilevirus 12-17-2012 08:01 PM

[QUOTE=groundsupport;3838265]Its a damn shame that BO doesnt offer hiend trader protection. This should have never happen.[/QUOTE]

I think blowout should offer (for a fee) to serve as an intermediary for trades. I think an intermediary is a great idea, but who can you trust on the board to serve as an intermediary these days?

groundsupport 12-17-2012 08:04 PM

[QUOTE=friarbolt;3838279]What does this even mean? Do you want them to fund that out of the forum monthly fees we pay them? Oh wait....this is all free and at your own risk.

Be smart, plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

Take it you never been on a site who offered this service for free by promoting key members who will do it for free or a handout of the members making the trade. Called a third party trade.

Easy. Plain and simple.

Allstar would have never lost all of his cards by trusting a con artist who controlled this site.

popmaz 12-17-2012 08:05 PM

[QUOTE=wesnilevirus;3838299]I think blowout should offer (for a fee) to serve as an intermediary for trades. I think an intermediary is a great idea, but who can you trust on the board to serve as an intermediary these days?[/QUOTE]

It has been stated numerous times in numerous threads that any MOD would be more than happy to act as an intermediary. It is certainly not their fault that nobody takes them up on it.

obadger 12-17-2012 08:05 PM

[QUOTE=friarbolt;3838279]What does this even mean? Do you want them to fund that out of the forum monthly fees we pay them? Oh wait....this is all free and at your own risk.

Be smart about how you deal, plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

BINGO :)!

[QUOTE=wesnilevirus;3838299]I think blowout should offer (for a fee) to serve as an intermediary for trades. I think an intermediary is a great idea, but who can you trust on the board to serve as an intermediary these days?[/QUOTE]

Myself and a few others have posted in threads previously about willing to be "middleman" for deals. Any takers? Of course not.

friarbolt 12-17-2012 08:13 PM

[QUOTE=groundsupport;3838332]Take it you never been on a site who offered this service for free by promoting key members who will do it for free or a handout of the members making the trade. Called a third party trade.

Easy. Plain and simple.

Allstar would have never lost all of his cards by trusting a con artist who controlled this site.[/QUOTE]

I will admit I was not thinking of that based on your post. Probably because that doesn't really solve the problem, it's still in the hands of faceless people you met on the internet.

One good thing is going to come from all this, maybe finally all the gullible people on here will learn their lesson. Don't trust anyone on the internet. Period. I have avoided most crap just by being smart about things and ALWAYS looking over my shoulder and protecting myself on here. Even when I didn't think I needed to. The couple times I have gotten scammed were early on when I made exceptions for seemingly trustworthy people. That ended VERY quickly.

I have a set of PM's saved in my inbox from a deal from quite a while ago where the deal was already done and feedback was left just because the member seemed a little shady to me and I want time to pass in case he tries anything. Crazy you might say? I don't think so, especially after all this.

groundsupport 12-17-2012 08:14 PM

[QUOTE=obadger;3838338]BINGO :)!u

Myself and a few others have posted in threads previously about willing to be "middleman" for deals. Any takers? Of course not.[/QUOTE]

Until you have that title of authority, no one will do it. As I said 9x out of 10 the scammers backs out. Because they are trying to scam. Hence a lot of these third partys dont get done.

nuccionino 12-17-2012 08:15 PM

Or do not trade, just buy and sell using PP goods. If you want a card, sell your stuff and buy it.

obadger 12-17-2012 08:16 PM

[QUOTE=groundsupport;3838396]Until you have that title of authority, no one will do it. As I said 9x out of 10 the scammers backs out. Because they are trying to scam. Hence a lot of these third partys dont get done.[/QUOTE]

And, hence, this is the outcome.

Orangejello727 12-17-2012 08:16 PM

Ive seen pskell or fish talk about being middle men in big trades before. I think if you inquire about it, they will provide that service?

groundsupport 12-17-2012 08:18 PM

[QUOTE=friarbolt;3838390]I will admit I was not thinking of that based on your post. Probably because that doesn't really solve the problem, it's still in the hands of faceless people you met on the internet.

One good thing is going to come from all this, maybe finally all the gullible people on here will learn their lesson. Don't trust anyone on the internet. Period. I have avoided most crap just by being smart about things and ALWAYS looking over my shoulder and protecting myself on here. Even when I didn't think I needed to. The couple times I have gotten scammed were early on when I made exceptions for seemingly trustworthy people. That ended VERY quickly.

I have a set of PM's saved in my inbox from a deal from quite a while ago where the deal was already done and feedback was left just because the member seemed a little shady to me and I want time to pass in case he tries anything. Crazy you might say? I don't think so, especially after all this.[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. Just make the trusted possible third party give BO multiple forms of ID. Easy as that. BO has incase incase they scam. Let the traders give tips to the third party.

DanShakespeare 12-17-2012 08:18 PM

22nd thread about this guy just today

groundsupport 12-17-2012 08:19 PM

[QUOTE=obadger;3838419]And, hence, this is the outcome.[/QUOTE]

And the trade should be broken up.

friarbolt 12-17-2012 08:20 PM

[QUOTE=groundsupport;3838438]Yes and no. Just make the trusted possible third party give BO multiple forms of ID. Easy as that. BO has incase incase they scam. Let the traders give tips to the third party.[/QUOTE]

Too much work for a free forum run by basically a couple volunteers. This place is a privilege we aren't owed anything by BO. Not saying it wouldn't be nice but they are a business with no time for that.

Plus scammers find a way to scam, dishonesty has existed since the beginning of time.

ilovethelakings 12-17-2012 08:21 PM

So if I have under 200 iTrader, but all positives, can I sort of be trusted? :p

DanShakespeare 12-17-2012 08:21 PM

[QUOTE=ilovethelakings;3838474]So if I have under 200 iTrader, but all positives, can I sort of be trusted? :p[/QUOTE]

Can you trust me?

Andrew Jones 12-17-2012 08:23 PM

They do. It is called common sense. It isn't their fault if people don't use it. For example, I would never deal with someone who was banned for threatening to kill members of this site because I find someone like that to be unstable and not a suitable person with which to do business.

groundsupport 12-17-2012 08:25 PM

[QUOTE=friarbolt;3838456]Too much work for a free forum run by basically a couple volunteers. This place is a privilege we aren't owed anything by BO. Not saying it wouldn't be nice but they are a business with no time for that.

Plus scammers find a way to scam, dishonesty has existed since the beginning of time.[/QUOTE]

I gave 6 years of free volunteer service to free

all because of the love of the hobby. Never paid once.

Im just giving out ways to prevent members being conned into sending 3k of cards to a noone.

At one time Freaks had one of the best member protection verified traders programs on the net. Everyone worked for free.

The owner sold out and wouldnt update the server now its trash.

ilovethelakings 12-17-2012 08:26 PM

[QUOTE=DanShakespeare;3838480]Can you trust me?[/QUOTE]

Only if you tell me you love me first.