Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
wesnilevirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,410
Default Do not trust the following members on Blowout:

Here is the list:

EVERYONE

See my perfect itrader? DON'T TRUST ME
See the itrader with over 200 positive feedback? DON'T TRUST THEM

I think that a new member message needs to be sent to every person on blowout and every new member detailing how to buy, sell, and trade in an appropriate manner. There are so many of these "safe buying/selling" threads out there, but we consistently see the same scams pulled over and over again.

At the end of the day, it is NOT BLOWOUT'S RESPONSIBILITY TO LOOK OUT FOR YOU.

I'm sorry for those that were ripped off by Haiku, I sincerely am. Those that paid with goods and file a fraud claim should be OK. Those who paid gift are out of luck. Those who sent him cards in trade are out of luck. But I am willing to bet the under of 1.5 years that we will see a similar scam like this. We should have learned from Fanbro, hopefully we can learn from this.
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Strasburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Empire State✈
Posts: 5,675
Send a message via Skype™ to Strasburg
Default

Most of all, be smart. Never buy mystery lots of items over 1k no matter how reputable. And NEVER PAY GIFT, likewise.
__________________
PC: Miguel Maysonet, Trevor Bauer, Michael Egnew,Giovanni Carmazzi, Dax McCarty, Shaq Evans, US Soccer
http://photobucket.com/albums/y359/nv7lax
Chelsea FC US Soccer NY Jets✈ Penguins Ducks Red Bulls
Sent from U.S Airways WiFi
Strasburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,826
Default

I wouldnt buy $1k in cards unless its a sealed case...
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,141
Default

Who is "everyone" I don't see that when I search for user??
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
friarbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 7,700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
Who is "everyone" I don't see that when I search for user??
Just press any key. Of course you might not be able to find "any" key on your keyboard.
__________________
Supercollecting Josh Johnson (University of San Diego, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals)
Collecting Chargers
, Padres, Packers, Lakers, University of San Diego alumni
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,759
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Its a damn shame that BO doesnt offer hiend trader protection. This should have never happen.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
friarbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 7,700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Its a damn shame that BO doesnt offer hiend trader protection. This should have never happen.
What does this even mean? Do you want them to fund that out of the forum monthly fees we pay them? Oh wait....this is all free and at your own risk.

Be smart about how you deal, plain and simple.
__________________
Supercollecting Josh Johnson (University of San Diego, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals)
Collecting Chargers
, Padres, Packers, Lakers, University of San Diego alumni
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
wesnilevirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Its a damn shame that BO doesnt offer hiend trader protection. This should have never happen.
I think blowout should offer (for a fee) to serve as an intermediary for trades. I think an intermediary is a great idea, but who can you trust on the board to serve as an intermediary these days?
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,759
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
What does this even mean? Do you want them to fund that out of the forum monthly fees we pay them? Oh wait....this is all free and at your own risk.

Be smart, plain and simple.
Take it you never been on a site who offered this service for free by promoting key members who will do it for free or a handout of the members making the trade. Called a third party trade.

Easy. Plain and simple.

Allstar would have never lost all of his cards by trusting a con artist who controlled this site.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
popmaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnilevirus View Post
I think blowout should offer (for a fee) to serve as an intermediary for trades. I think an intermediary is a great idea, but who can you trust on the board to serve as an intermediary these days?
It has been stated numerous times in numerous threads that any MOD would be more than happy to act as an intermediary. It is certainly not their fault that nobody takes them up on it.
__________________
"It's all interpretation, to find the truth you have to read between the lines" -DR

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: usa
Posts: 7,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
What does this even mean? Do you want them to fund that out of the forum monthly fees we pay them? Oh wait....this is all free and at your own risk.

Be smart about how you deal, plain and simple.
BINGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnilevirus View Post
I think blowout should offer (for a fee) to serve as an intermediary for trades. I think an intermediary is a great idea, but who can you trust on the board to serve as an intermediary these days?
Myself and a few others have posted in threads previously about willing to be "middleman" for deals. Any takers? Of course not.
__________________
__________________________________

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/obadger/sale%20or%20trade---Autos/
obadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
friarbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 7,700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Take it you never been on a site who offered this service for free by promoting key members who will do it for free or a handout of the members making the trade. Called a third party trade.

Easy. Plain and simple.

Allstar would have never lost all of his cards by trusting a con artist who controlled this site.
I will admit I was not thinking of that based on your post. Probably because that doesn't really solve the problem, it's still in the hands of faceless people you met on the internet.

One good thing is going to come from all this, maybe finally all the gullible people on here will learn their lesson. Don't trust anyone on the internet. Period. I have avoided most crap just by being smart about things and ALWAYS looking over my shoulder and protecting myself on here. Even when I didn't think I needed to. The couple times I have gotten scammed were early on when I made exceptions for seemingly trustworthy people. That ended VERY quickly.

I have a set of PM's saved in my inbox from a deal from quite a while ago where the deal was already done and feedback was left just because the member seemed a little shady to me and I want time to pass in case he tries anything. Crazy you might say? I don't think so, especially after all this.
__________________
Supercollecting Josh Johnson (University of San Diego, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals)
Collecting Chargers
, Padres, Packers, Lakers, University of San Diego alumni
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,759
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obadger View Post
BINGO u



Myself and a few others have posted in threads previously about willing to be "middleman" for deals. Any takers? Of course not.
Until you have that title of authority, no one will do it. As I said 9x out of 10 the scammers backs out. Because they are trying to scam. Hence a lot of these third partys dont get done.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,787
Default

Or do not trade, just buy and sell using PP goods. If you want a card, sell your stuff and buy it.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: usa
Posts: 7,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Until you have that title of authority, no one will do it. As I said 9x out of 10 the scammers backs out. Because they are trying to scam. Hence a lot of these third partys dont get done.
And, hence, this is the outcome.
__________________
__________________________________

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/obadger/sale%20or%20trade---Autos/
obadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Ive seen pskell or fish talk about being middle men in big trades before. I think if you inquire about it, they will provide that service?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,759
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
I will admit I was not thinking of that based on your post. Probably because that doesn't really solve the problem, it's still in the hands of faceless people you met on the internet.

One good thing is going to come from all this, maybe finally all the gullible people on here will learn their lesson. Don't trust anyone on the internet. Period. I have avoided most crap just by being smart about things and ALWAYS looking over my shoulder and protecting myself on here. Even when I didn't think I needed to. The couple times I have gotten scammed were early on when I made exceptions for seemingly trustworthy people. That ended VERY quickly.

I have a set of PM's saved in my inbox from a deal from quite a while ago where the deal was already done and feedback was left just because the member seemed a little shady to me and I want time to pass in case he tries anything. Crazy you might say? I don't think so, especially after all this.
Yes and no. Just make the trusted possible third party give BO multiple forms of ID. Easy as that. BO has incase incase they scam. Let the traders give tips to the third party.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
DanShakespeare's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 6,048
Default

22nd thread about this guy just today
__________________
#TeamConnor!

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,759
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obadger View Post
And, hence, this is the outcome.
And the trade should be broken up.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
friarbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 7,700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Yes and no. Just make the trusted possible third party give BO multiple forms of ID. Easy as that. BO has incase incase they scam. Let the traders give tips to the third party.
Too much work for a free forum run by basically a couple volunteers. This place is a privilege we aren't owed anything by BO. Not saying it wouldn't be nice but they are a business with no time for that.

Plus scammers find a way to scam, dishonesty has existed since the beginning of time.
__________________
Supercollecting Josh Johnson (University of San Diego, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals)
Collecting Chargers
, Padres, Packers, Lakers, University of San Diego alumni
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,373
Default

So if I have under 200 iTrader, but all positives, can I sort of be trusted?
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
DanShakespeare's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 6,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
So if I have under 200 iTrader, but all positives, can I sort of be trusted?
Can you trust me?
__________________
#TeamConnor!

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Andrew Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Its a damn shame that BO doesnt offer hiend trader protection. This should have never happen.
They do. It is called common sense. It isn't their fault if people don't use it. For example, I would never deal with someone who was banned for threatening to kill members of this site because I find someone like that to be unstable and not a suitable person with which to do business.
__________________
Those who can, do. Those who can't resort to calling other people trolls.
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,759
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
Too much work for a free forum run by basically a couple volunteers. This place is a privilege we aren't owed anything by BO. Not saying it wouldn't be nice but they are a business with no time for that.

Plus scammers find a way to scam, dishonesty has existed since the beginning of time.
I gave 6 years of free volunteer service to free

all because of the love of the hobby. Never paid once.

Im just giving out ways to prevent members being conned into sending 3k of cards to a noone.

At one time Freaks had one of the best member protection verified traders programs on the net. Everyone worked for free.

The owner sold out and wouldnt update the server now its trash.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShakespeare View Post
Can you trust me?
Only if you tell me you love me first.
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.