Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Haiku - The Truth

I am seeing a lot of conspiracy theories about who all was involved with this situation and just want to let everyone know what is up.

1. Haiku was working alone
2. Haiku had dozens of members duped, he basically made them all his Blowout Boyfriends and they would believe anything he said and if anyone questioned him his legion of Blowout Boyfriends would attack them. Some members are still under his trance and think he is going to make everything right.
3. The stuff that Haiku gave away or sold cheap were stolen cards from member he "traded" with but never sent his end.

Here is how he perpetrated his fraud:

Step 1 - Build Reputation - Buy cheap stuff and sell cheap stuff to build iTrader. Make everyone think you are a successful rich person so they will think you have no reason to rip them off.
Step 2 - Make lots of Blowout Boyfriends - comfort them, give them free stuff, talk/text them and tell them you care about them and their suffering. Basically building his Army kind of like the Fagin in Oliver Twist.
Step 3 - Do great giveways and sales. But if you notice all of his giveaway winners were members of his Blowout Boyfriend crew thus strengthening his hold on them.
Step 4 - Start selling higher end cards to get a reputation as being a good high $ trader.
Step 5 - Sell a few high $ "Mystery Lots" to a couple of your Blowout Boyfriends so that members think you are trusted with selling these lots and basically giving away money.
Step 6 - Sell dozens of high $ mystery lots to anyone willing to send him paypal and make up a story about not being able to ship for 8 days. This is a very important step because those 8 days give him the time he needs to be sure the withdrawal from paypal to his bank account goes through before anyone files a dispute and the funds are held. If you notice on his screen capture to Tnarg he never shows the balance of his paypal account, that is because it is probably in the Negative due him withdrawing all his stolen funds and then claims being filed.

Then disappear to China! Leaving only a couple of cryptic texts to a couple of his Blowout Boyfriends. I find it very odd that he was texting/talking to several of his Blowout Boyfriends everyday and then all of the sudden over the weekend all of his communication with them stopped, this is because they had served their purpose and he was done with them. What we are seeing now with members such as GatorBoy is very similar to what a 14 year old girl goes through when her 1st love breaks up with her but she still loves him and will do/say anything to protect his image.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

+1

+100000 for haiku
Old 12-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
I am seeing a lot of conspiracy theories about who all was involved with this situation and just want to let everyone know what is up.

1. Haiku was working alone
2. Haiku had dozens of members duped, he basically made them all his Blowout Boyfriends and they would believe anything he said and if anyone questioned him his legion of Blowout Boyfriends would attack them. Some members are still under his trance and think he is going to make everything right.
3. The stuff that Haiku gave away or sold cheap were stolen cards from member he "traded" with but never sent his end.

Here is how he perpetrated his fraud:

Step 1 - Build Reputation - Buy cheap stuff and sell cheap stuff to build iTrader. Make everyone think you are a successful rich person so they will think you have no reason to rip them off.
Step 2 - Make lots of Blowout Boyfriends - comfort them, give them free stuff, talk/text them and tell them you care about them and their suffering. Basically building his Army kind of like the Fagin in Oliver Twist.
Step 3 - Do great giveways and sales. But if you notice all of his giveaway winners were members of his Blowout Boyfriend crew thus strengthening his hold on them.
Step 4 - Start selling higher end cards to get a reputation as being a good high $ trader.
Step 5 - Sell a few high $ "Mystery Lots" to a couple of your Blowout Boyfriends so that members think you are trusted with selling these lots and basically giving away money.
Step 6 - Sell dozens of high $ mystery lots to anyone willing to send him paypal and make up a story about not being able to ship for 8 days. This is a very important step because those 8 days give him the time he needs to be sure the withdrawal from paypal to his bank account goes through before anyone files a dispute and the funds are held. If you notice on his screen capture to Tnarg he never shows the balance of his paypal account, that is because it is probably in the Negative due him withdrawing all his stolen funds and then claims being filed.

Then disappear to China! Leaving only a couple of cryptic texts to a couple of his Blowout Boyfriends. I find it very odd that he was texting/talking to several of his Blowout Boyfriends everyday and then all of the sudden over the weekend all of his communication with them stopped, this is because they had served their purpose and he was done with them. What we are seeing now with members such as GatorBoy is very similar to what a 14 year old girl goes through when her 1st love breaks up with her but she still loves him and will do/say anything to protect his image.
Pretty accurate guess as to what is going on IMO, but I'd be careful about saying this is the absolute truth. Especially the highlighted point about him working alone.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

GOD DAMN!! HOw many Blowout Boyfriends does he have on this site?
Gatorboy was the main one but who else?
Old 12-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMonkey415 View Post
I'm guessing he had dozens. From the huge thread I think there were at least 7-8 members he was texting/talking to every single day. I have no idea how he juggled that many. I would think it would be exhausting.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

I always thought Haiku was some lonely rich kid living in his mom's basement trying to buy friends by giving away crap. All his giveaways seemed weird, glad I never posted on any of his threads.
Astronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
pierrethomasfan and saketm92 to name a couple
Old 12-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

so did he actually give some stuff away?

is there an estimate on how much he has scammed?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

i've got a thread full of them saved that was deleted.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

The op has a great point about "boyfriends" as he calls them. I have seen them in force for many high end traders on here and they attack people like rabid dogs if certain people are questioned or certain views are challenged. Collective thinking breeds ignorance and deceit.

~stepping off the soapbox~

I hope this guy gets what is coming to him. Would be nice to pay him a visit because i live in illinois but i live 6 hours away (already mapquested his zip). Good luck to all that have been scammed.
I hope this one scumbag doesn't hurt this wonderful community and website of otherwise honest individuals enjoying their hobby.
yountman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:07 AM   #12 (permalink)

I think I peed my pants at blowout boyfriend
nickha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
so did he actually give some stuff away?

is there an estimate on how much he has scammed?
Yes but what he gave away was stolen. He would make a trade and tell the other person that they would send their end and when the cards he was to send came back from BGS he would send. Only he never sent anything in return. He would then take the cards he "traded for" (stole) and give them away or sell them very cheaply.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Just want to point out that scams like this are easy to do. Its not brilliant on the part of Haiku for what he pulled off, but rather sad on the part of the lemmings that fall for it.

Its your typical ponzi scheme "too go to be true...I have to get in on this" deal.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #15 (permalink)

That settles it for me, no more boyfriends. Sorry Bieber. The game is up.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Just want to point out that scams like this are easy to do. Its not brilliant on the part of Haiku for what he pulled off, but rather sad on the part of the lemmings that fall for it.

Its your typical ponzi scheme "too go to be true...I have to get in on this" deal.
Very true, I'd liken it more to an internet predator who lures in his victims. What made his scam different is he not only broke people's wallets but also their hearts. There were actually posts where grown men said they loved him!
Old 12-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post

Yep, all it takes are some gullible suckers and a good liar(s). See Fanbro.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
That settles it for me, no more boyfriends. Sorry Bieber. The game is up.
So you're telling me he's on the market? Time to FIST PUMP!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #19 (permalink)

I think danimal hit the nail on the head. He acted alone and I might add looks like he targeted the younger generation 18-25 to help him with his scheme. Sorry for all the people that lost money but you have always go back to that saying "If its to good to be true it usually is"
blackandgold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #20 (permalink)

This loser didn't disappear to China. He's sitting in his home nervous and scared as hell right now. He's just as dumb as the people who gifted him Paypal. Paypal knows who he is, they will open an investigation and probably take him to court. People who gifted are probably s.o.l. People who paid for lots as "goods" will probably get a refund.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKS4 View Post
This loser didn't disappear to China. He's sitting in his home nervous and scared as hell right now. He's just as dumb as the people who gifted him Paypal. Paypal knows who he is, they will open an investigation and probably take him to court. People who gifted are probably s.o.l. People who paid for lots as "goods" will probably get a refund.
This guy is laughing it up, laughing at all the suckers and people who still don't want to believe it. If you don't think he's a pro, then you are incredibly naive. This isn't his first con and I doubt he'll be caught.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #22 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to deboesports

Old 12-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKS4 View Post
This guy is sitting in his lounge chair smoking a Cuban cigar and sipping on a crown&coke laughing at all the threads he's created with his scam
blackandgold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #24 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Well Done Danimal. Well Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by yountman View Post
The op has a great point about "boyfriends" as he calls them. I have seen them in force for many high end traders on here and they attack people like rabid dogs if certain people are questioned or certain views are challenged. .
well one of the "dogs" is gone forever (because he just did not have the mental capacity to save face instead stayed on his knees slobbering for his "friend" to the end) and hopefully it will change how a few of the others handle themselves going forward
Old 12-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
This guy is laughing it up, laughing at all the suckers and people who still don't want to believe it. If you don't think he's a pro, then you are incredibly naive. This isn't his first con and I doubt he'll be caught.
Don't you think he's hoping everyone will think he's a pro. His little boy friend gator tried to convince everyone he was on a plane. LOL, if you ran a scam and TRULY left the country wouldn't you want people to think you were still around? Paypal has his banking information,...to open a bank account they need every bit of personal info on you right? Dude is going to get caught, believe it.