Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #26 (permalink)

This just got entertaining :-)
Old 12-21-2012, 01:37 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Clearly his fault. One of the stipulations on paypal is that the sender must send the item to the address on file to be protected. If that was his address on file for paypal account, you followed all steps correctly.

Even if he asked for them to ship to another address, you should not do that at all. You are only protected to the account that pays you and its confirmed address.

I had this happen on an ebay transaction. Paid with Paypal but the buyer asked me to send it to a US location (He was from Hong Kong). I did, he put in a claim as never recieved and I provided tracking and they couldnt take my side because tracking didnt show it going to his address on paypal account.

On the other hand, I also have asked people to send to US addys for US only auctions. That being said, I have dealt with them many times in the past!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
Inactive Account

OMG not another thread. This has to be a Joke i hope.
TSJCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:46 PM   #29 (permalink)

That user joined in June 2012. That's the same month Haiku, bronco. Oh wait, wrong thread.

Like I posted above, I'd alert the mods to make sure they are aware of the situation (if you haven't already done so) but, otherwise, I don't see how you've done anything wrong. As OJ noted, PayPal requires you to ship to the confirmed address on the account pursuant to their seller protection policy so you did exactly what you should have done. I hope the participant realizes he messed up, not you and, if he doesn't, I hope the mods have your back. Either way, thanks for bringing our attention to yet another user on the "do not deal with" list.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post

Like I posted above, I'd alert the mods to make sure they are aware of the situation (if you haven't already done so) but, otherwise, I don't see how you've done anything wrong. As OJ noted, PayPal requires you to ship to the confirmed address on the account pursuant to their seller protection policy so you did exactly what you should have done. I hope the participant realizes he messed up, not you and, if he doesn't, I hope the mods have your back. Either way, thanks for bringing our attention to yet another user on the "do not deal with" list.
^This

I feel like people who try that "oh gee dont send it to my paypal addy"
are either remarkably ignorant or trying to scam.

bottom line is that it takes the user an extra 10 seconds
when signing into paypal to simply update their address before making the payment.
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote